XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder if I'm alone or if you peeps do the same thing I do.

Only buy points when they go on sale (ie. Buy.com's monthly sale) and buy DLC when they go on sale.

Already bought some DLC that I haven't got yet that's now half off.

[quote name='vlv723']Wonder if I'm alone or if you peeps do the same thing I do.

Only buy points when they go on sale (ie. Buy.com's monthly sale) and buy DLC when they go on sale.

Already bought some DLC that I haven't got yet that's now half off.[/QUOTE]

That's my strategy as well.... the only flaw is that I sometimes buy things I shouldn't. Like right now I'm considering both Shrek-n-Roll and Sealife Safari.....

Bought Switchball and Aces of the Galaxy. Both games are well worth at 400MSP.

Better sell going on now compared to these shitty one day offers last month.

[quote name='Sath666']Bought Switchball and Aces of the Galaxy. Both games are well worth at 400MSP.

Better sell going on now compared to these shitty one day offers last month.[/QUOTE]

Can someone confirm if Switchball is a "sale" or a "price drop"?

[quote name='pablo9000']gonna grab Burnout Crash
still waiting for the non-plot ME2 dlc to hit a sale. maybe in a couple months wheen ME3 hits...[/QUOTE]

Yea I'm still missing the Kasumi dlc, should have got it when it was on sale last time blah

Edit: guess im missing overlord too lol

[quote name='nCogNeato']Can someone confirm if Switchball is a "sale" or a "price drop"?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Switchbal have permanent price drop. it's a old game and not EA developed/published.

[quote name='reddjoey']“We Run This” - Missy Elliott, “Temperature” - Sean Paul, and “Le Freak” - Chic
Are the only singles not in the marathon packs so you have to buy them as singles if you want them.
[/QUOTE]
Actually, it doesn't include the new Rihanna or Lady Gaga songs either. Here's a more complete list of what you would need to get in addition to the marathon packs to have a full set:

"Le Freak" - Chic
"Marry The Night" - Lady Gaga
"Only Girl (In The World)" - Rihanna
"S&M" - Rihanna
"Temperature" - Sean Paul
"The Edge of Glory" - Lady Gaga
"We Run This" - Missy Elliott
"What's My Name?" - Rihanna

[quote name='vlv723']Wonder if I'm alone or if you peeps do the same thing I do.

Same here.

Nothing for me today (Why no Crysis?) so I got Beyond Good and Evil HD (I didn't have points when it was discounted before.

Nice this EA sale worked out well for me. I just have to pick up some more points now since I pulled the trigger on Shadow Planet last night and am now left short on points for everything I want: Shank, ME2: Arrival DLC and Aces of the Galaxies. I am very pleased to see Aces of the Galaxy, I've had the demo for a while and didn't think it might be included in the EA sale. :)

I am most thrilled about Shank, I just started getting into the demo.

[quote name='yamayama']Are these part of January's permanent discounts?[/QUOTE]

I know V8 is Activision. Not sure about the other, but I don't think it is. I'll adjust the OP.

[quote name='aperry']Actually, it doesn't include the new Rihanna or Lady Gaga songs either. Here's a more complete list of what you would need to get in addition to the marathon packs to have a full set:

"Le Freak" - Chic
"Marry The Night" - Lady Gaga
"Only Girl (In The World)" - Rihanna
"S&M" - Rihanna
"Temperature" - Sean Paul
"The Edge of Glory" - Lady Gaga
"We Run This" - Missy Elliott
"What's My Name?" - Rihanna[/QUOTE]

More for the OP.

I think I'll probably bite on Burnout Crash. I liked the demo enough. Seems like a pretty good time waster.

Are those Dance Central tracks only good in Dance Central 1, or can you play them even if you only have DC2?

[quote name='reddjoey']I know V8 is Activision. Not sure about the other[/QUOTE]
Sierra Entertainment so likely a permanent price drop.

Edit: The "other" being Aces of the Galaxy. ;)

I'm pretty sure the following are all price drops, not sales:

Vigilante 8
Switchball
Shrek & Roll
Sealife Safari
Golf: Tee It Up
Commanders: Attack of the Genos
Aces of the Galaxy

We'll have to wait for the dash to confirm, but I'm pretty sure.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm pretty sure the following are all price drops, not sales:

Vigilante 8
Switchball
Shrek & Roll
Sealife Safari
Golf: Tee It Up
Commanders: Attack of the Genos
Aces of the Galaxy

We'll have to wait for the dash to confirm, but I'm pretty sure.[/QUOTE]

On this note, I took the price drops out of the OP since:
1. They are permanent
2. They can be found on the dash

Not that anyone asked, but Golf: Tee It Up is a lot of fun. If you like golf games, but find the Tiger Woods games overwhelming, check it out.

[quote name='crunchewy']I think I'll probably bite on Burnout Crash. I liked the demo enough. Seems like a pretty good time waster.

Are those Dance Central tracks only good in Dance Central 1, or can you play them even if you only have DC2?[/QUOTE]
You can use them in DC2 as welll as DC1 just like how RB DLC works.

Might grab Burnout.

can anyone vouch for severed DS2 dlc? all the reviews just say its more of the same and very short. is the 2 hours it lasts a lot of fun though? $3 is a low price of admission...

[quote name='crunchewy']Are those Dance Central tracks only good in Dance Central 1, or can you play them even if you only have DC2?[/QUOTE]

Dance Central DLC works for both titles--ala their Rock Band 1 tracks still usable in RB2 & RB3. I was pretty sure to begin with, then I plopped in DC2 last night and saw my dlc in the list.
Woohoo.

Perhaps this could be updated in the OP, Reddjoey?

[quote name='reddjoey']On this note, I took the price drops out of the OP since:
1. They are permanent
2. They can be found on the dash[/QUOTE]

The dash has been updated already? That's pretty quick! I'm at work so I can't check.

[quote name='Sanges99']Dance Central DLC works for both titles--ala their Rock Band 1 tracks still usable in RB2 & RB3. I was pretty sure to begin with, then I plopped in DC2 last night and saw my dlc in the list.
Woohoo.

Perhaps this could be updated in the OP, Reddjoey?[/QUOTE]

No problem.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']reddjoey, might wanna update OP to mention that DA:O Ultimate Edition comes with the Witch Hunt DLC[/QUOTE]

will do. Oops, misunderstood there. Will put a note in the OP to check the FAQ

[quote name='tylerh1701']The dash has been updated already? That's pretty quick! I'm at work so I can't check.[/QUOTE]

Not yet, I meant that once they update it there, the info stays there.

[quote name='yantelope']I'm just glad Risk Factions is finally on sale. Been waiting forever. :roll:[/QUOTE]
+1 :cool:

Anyway, for those that don't know...

RISK Factions was 200 MS Points (75% off) last Thanksgiving...

Didn't get it then, don't know why should be getting it now at double that price of 400.

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']

I really want Dead Space 2 DLC but the thing is I have the game played on the PS3 and I don't want to go through it again on the 360. I'll wait for a EA sale on PSN .... whenever that will be.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I don't think it will ever go on sale on PSN though, unless it's for PS+.

What's this about buy.com's monthly sale? I just got my Xbox.

And cool avatar, btw.

[quote name='bajingo']can anyone vouch for severed DS2 dlc? all the reviews just say its more of the same and very short. is the 2 hours it lasts a lot of fun though? $3 is a low price of admission...[/QUOTE]
If you liked Dead Space 2 at all, $3 is definitely worth it for Severed. It's true that it's not terribly different than anything in the main game but it is fun. And if you played Extraction on the Wii it continues the story of the characters from that game in a pretty satisfying way.

[quote name='Narton']What's this about buy.com's monthly sale? I just got my Xbox.

And cool avatar, btw.[/QUOTE]

Yes! Another Preds fan!

Usually buy.com's eBay store will sell XBL 4000 pts. cards for $34.99-$39.99 I believe the $35 was the pricing point because of the holidays.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Any opinions on Burnout?[/QUOTE]

I didn't play it but I know some people who loved Burnout 3 that hated Crash because it's very restricting. You have to play it how they want you to play it.

big shoutout to reddjoey for keeping this thread going!

any ME fans who havent snagged Arrival yet...do it today. Great price for some good content (not as great as Shadow Broker but no DLC is) and a great setup for ME3. Cant recommend it enough.

Not sure if anything else jumps out at me...Risk Factions seems decent enough but I'm way too stingy with my points.

[quote name='GamerDude316']big shoutout to reddjoey for keeping this thread going![/QUOTE]
HUGE shoutout here ... ReddJoey is the greatest CAG ever!

Ea sales are trash, they're the new THQ. As far as the Dance Central Packs, are Marathon Packs 1 & 2 just a complete overall of all the song packs but cheaper? I know there are a few songs excluded and can only be purchased separate.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Ea sales are trash, they're the new THQ. As far as the Dance Central Packs, are Marathon Packs 1 & 2 just a complete overall of all the song packs but cheaper? I know there are a few songs excluded and can only be purchased separate.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, let me find my posts on the packs last time they were on sale (for the exact same price)....

Marathon Pack 2 has all tracks from Packs 5-7

Marathon Pack 1 contains all of Packs 1-4 - EXCEPT for "We Run This"-Missy Elliott (from Dance Pack 1), "Temperature"-Sean Paul (from Dance Pack 3), and "Le Freak"-Chic (from Dance Pack 4)
It also contains "I Gotta Feeling"-The Black Eyed Peas which is not in any of the Track Packs.

For a price comparison:
The total cost of getting Marathon Pack 1 plus the 3 missing tracks (@ 240 MSP each) is 2120 MSP
vs
The cost of getting Track Packs 1-4 plus "I Gotta Feeling" is 2720 MSP

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Any opinions on Burnout?[/QUOTE]
Sorry if anyone likes it, but it looks like an Flash browser game. IMO just take that money and spend it on a used copy of burnout revenge, and enjoy an actually fun next gen game instead of something that looks like it belongs on newgrounds. Burnout just isn't the kind of game I'd really want to play in a top down view..

Picked up uno for 200msp, um hopefully someone else I know does or that was pointless XD

EDIT: or burnout 3, I don't know which one is better. I played them both for PS2 and revenge sucked cause they took out crash mode on that system, completely useless. anybody know which is more fun for 360? Paradise looks awful

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SonicXtreme']Paradise looks awful[/QUOTE]

I won't comment specifically on Burnout: Crash, but Burnout: Paradise is awesome. Regardless of how you might think it looks, it's a stellar game and definitely worthy of your bucks. It's not like a "normal" Burnout game but excellent nonetheless. Probably my favorite driving game this generation.

[quote name='yantelope']I didn't play it but I know some people who loved Burnout 3 that hated Crash because it's very restricting. You have to play it how they want you to play it.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure you can compare the two. In fact, Burnout: Crash is more like a 2D Showtime mode from Burnout: Paradise. But yes, don't think you are getting anything like Burnout 3's crash mode. Try the demo - if you find it intriguing, it's probably worth your $5.

[quote name='Felder71']I won't comment specifically on Burnout: Crash, but Burnout: Paradise is awesome. Regardless of how you might think it looks, it's a stellar game and definitely worthy of your bucks. It's not like a "normal" Burnout game but excellent nonetheless. Probably my favorite driving game this generation.[/QUOTE]
I just can't buy a racing game without splitscreen multiplayer unless it's named tokyo xtreme racer (actually even that usually has split screen albeit it stinks in it so it might as well not haha). It's just lazy development I don't like supporting. I would've bought Daytona on the arcade but same thing (granted the first saturn version didn't have it either but this isn't 1994 the xbox can handle two daytona cars running around at once). I'd rather spend the money on a game that won't be half useless once the servers go down. And idk with burnout I just want to crash and run short courses, not really run in and learn a city, but to each his own.

[quote name='vamn']So I'm guessing Uno for 200 MSP is the family gold deal.[/QUOTE]

Looks like it.

Also, thanks for all the kind words. I'm going to step away from the PC for a bit, some a-hole just ran-over a neighborhood pet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back