XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm also enjoying the civility of this conversation. Thanks for the input guys.

Back on topic - Anyone recommend Heavy Weapon for 400 points? Demo seemed kind of simple...[/QUOTE]

If the demo didn't entice you, than it's a "don't buy." I enjoyed playing it, but it is definitely a simple game.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm also enjoying the civility of this conversation. Thanks for the input guys.

Back on topic - Anyone recommend Heavy Weapon for 400 points? Demo seemed kind of simple...[/QUOTE]

Best to get the PopCap collections.

[quote name='tunavi']Is crash any good?[/QUOTE]

It's a very unusual game. I'm only about half way through but I have no regrets buying it for $5 on PSN. It's not great, but not awful. Just, unusual.

I did not get an answer before but I was wondering if Bioware said the Mark of the Assassin was the last DA2 DLC? I have DA2 but I might wait to see if an Ultimate Edition would come out. Right now it is worth buying the DLC but if they add 2-3 more DLS packs i might just wait.

I also prefer 360 over PS3, although I do buy almost all the major PS3 exclusives(and enjoy them). The main things for me are the online features and the ability to install a game to the hard drive. I had 3 PS3s die because of the bluray drive going bad, so being able to install games to my 360 hard drive and make it easier on the disc drive is a huge benefit. I also prefer the controller - I always feel like I'm going to break the DS3.

On topic, I'm thinking about getting Shank. It looks interesting for sure. With NFL Blitz coming out tomorrow, though, I doubt I would have time to play it for quite awhile. Hm, decisions, decisions.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I did not get an answer before but I was wondering if Bioware said the Mark of the Assassin was the last DA2 DLC? I have DA2 but I might wait to see if an Ultimate Edition would come out. Right now it is worth buying the DLC but if they add 2-3 more DLS packs i might just wait.[/QUOTE]
BioWare has confirmed that more DA2 DLC is in development. No clues yet as to what it is or when it will release though.

Having had both systems for sometime now I tend to go with the 360 based upon performance issues with the Unreal 3 engine.

Most games this gen are made on that engine and for the most part the 360 handles it better.

Certain games though break the rule and are like for like although its a very small crop and even then I try and go with the 360 versions unless the price is too good to pass up. Of course there are the ones that arent made with that engine so being made from scratch on PS3 hardware will only help tilt the advantage over to the PS3 and thats why I always do as much research as possible before choosing which to go with.

I usually check out Digital Foundry or Lens of Truth. I consider all the variables, check out the screen shots and videos, if I can find them, and then make a choice.

The only game I have ever made a specific controller choice on was Mortal Kombat (PS3).

[quote name='Ryuukishi']BioWare has confirmed that more DA2 DLC is in development. No clues yet as to what it is or when it will release though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I bought all the DAO DLC last time (except awakenings) on sale but in the end I was able to trade in my DOA disk and Awakenings to BBY for enough trade to get DAO Ultimate...thus making my digital DLC worthless. I really do not want to make the same mistake again. Might wait till all DA2 DLC is on sale and not just one piece.

[quote name='tunavi']Is crash any good?[/QUOTE]
I got bored of it pretty quickly, it is very repetitive, and there are parts where you'll have to replay because the computer screwed you over. If you have a budy who also gets it, it can be fun trying to one-up each others scores. The acheivments are a little tough as well. At msrp I would say the game is not worth the price, but for this sale price you'll get your money's worth.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Might wait till all DA2 DLC is on sale and not just one piece.[/QUOTE]

I am going to do the same.

The one thing that irks me though is Mass Effect 2.

Should I still hold out hope that one day it'll be all packed in?

I have seen sales come and go on the DLC but have stayed away waiting for an all inclusive bundle.

ME3 is right around the corner and I haven't heard any plans yet for one like the PS3 version (although that one is still missing one DLC)....anyone here heard anything regarding an eventual ME2 bundle?

[quote name='IronsideGrunt']I am going to do the same.

I have seen sales come and go on the DLC but have stayed away waiting for an all inclusive bundle.

ME3 is right around the corner and I haven't heard any plans yet for one like the PS3 version (although that one is still missing one DLC)....anyone here heard anything regarding an eventual ME2 bundle?[/QUOTE]

Doubt it. Unless they release a complete collection a couple of years down the road which will include all 3 games and dlc.

ME3 is right around the corner and I haven't heard any plans yet for one like the PS3 version (although that one is still missing one DLC)....anyone here heard anything regarding an eventual ME2 bundle?[/QUOTE]

I have not heard anything but I am doubting they will. My only reason for saying this is that it already takes 2 disks for the core game so it will require adding a third disk to do an ultimate edition. With all the DLC + the 2 disks installed on my HD it totals out to almost 18 GB. I would have thought by now they would have done it but it is still possible I guess.

Did the original Mass Effect ever have a complete edition? I can't find one, which makes the sequel getting one seem less likely.

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']I also prefer 360 over PS3, although I do buy almost all the major PS3 exclusives(and enjoy them). The main things for me are the online features and the ability to install a game to the hard drive. I had 3 PS3s die because of the bluray drive going bad, so being able to install games to my 360 hard drive and make it easier on the disc drive is a huge benefit. I also prefer the controller - I always feel like I'm going to break the DS3.

On topic, I'm thinking about getting Shank. It looks interesting for sure. With NFL Blitz coming out tomorrow, though, I doubt I would have time to play it for quite awhile. Hm, decisions, decisions.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty much the opposite. I prefer games on PS3 with the exception of racing games.....like the triggers on the 360 controller for gas/brake.I've went through a half dozen 360 systems in the past and never had an issue with my PS3 systems. More and more games are exceeding the limitations of a dual layered DVD, so it's nice to have games on PS3 where this is a non-issue. Red Dead Redemption GOTY is 3 discs on 360. PS3 online play is also free, so that's a huge plus for me. PS3 controller is also more durable than the 360 controller, so not sure what you are talking about. The thumb-sticks on the 360 wear out really fast and then won't center correctly.

[quote name='JoeSaru']No NBA Jam sale?! Bullllllllllshit!!!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, and how Crysis isn't on sale either is baffling. An EA sale but they don't include two of their biggest and most expensive downloadable games?

Also, I just got a Kinect for Xmas, and I bought DC1 and DC2 because from what I understand they are probably the only two games worth a damn. I also got Kinect Sports Seasn 2 for free and the Kinect came with Kinect Adevntures, Gun Stringer and Fruit Ninja.

So, anyway...if I buy the two Marathon packs I'll have ALL the DLC songs except for three, that can only be bought in bundles and not separately?

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']Did the original Mass Effect ever have a complete edition? I can't find one, which makes the sequel getting one seem less likely.[/QUOTE]

No. But it did have one of the DLC packs in the Platinum edition.

The other DLC it had came right after they hit Platinum so it was never included. But the fact that at at least some was put on disc gave me hope.

I was about to drop the points on the sale ME2 DLC awhile back but when I heard the PS3 version was going to have it all (except for one) I had hoped that a similiar 360 version would soon appear.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']Did the original Mass Effect ever have a complete edition? I can't find one, which makes the sequel getting one seem less likely.[/QUOTE]

The greatest hits edition included all available DLC. I don't see it happening with ME2.

[quote name='kill3r7']The greatest hits edition included all available DLC. I don't see it happening with ME2.[/QUOTE]
Actually it only included one of the two DLC releases that were eventually available.

How do you guys like Aces of the Galaxy and Shank? Is Shank worth it? I've read a lot of mixed reviews about how it gets repetitive towards the latter stages but I gotta admit I'm a fan of what I've seen in the demo.

[quote name='DaGrandMastah']How do you guys like Aces of the Galaxy and Shank? Is Shank worth it? I've read a lot of mixed reviews about how it gets repetitive towards the latter stages but I gotta admit I'm a fan of what I've seen in the demo.[/QUOTE]

I actually liked Shank a lot, finished the game which I occassionaly do not do with a lot of Live games. I am really looking forward to the sequel.

[quote name='kill3r7']The greatest hits edition included all available DLC. I don't see it happening with ME2.[/QUOTE]

Platinum Hits version only has the first DLC (Bring Down the Sky). Second DLC (Pinnacle Station) must be bought separately.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Also, I just got a Kinect for Xmas, and I bought DC1 and DC2 because from what I understand they are probably the only two games worth a damn. I also got Kinect Sports Seasn 2 for free and the Kinect came with Kinect Adevntures, Gun Stringer and Fruit Ninja.[/QUOTE]

I would highly recommend Kinect Disneyland Adventures as well (assuming you like Disney stuff at all) - see my review. Also, Shipwreck and some other folks think Rise of Nightmares is pretty cool.

[quote name='eastx']I would highly recommend Kinect Disneyland Adventures as well (assuming you like Disney stuff at all) - see my review. Also, Shipwreck and some other folks think Rise of Nightmares is pretty cool.[/QUOTE]
Both of those games are great on Kinect. If you can go get Child of Eden on clearance at your local Target, that game is money....

[quote name='Strider2K99']Platinum Hits version only has the first DLC (Bring Down the Sky). Second DLC (Pinnacle Station) must be bought separately.[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected. The second DLC was released after the platinum hits version.

[quote name='eastx']I would highly recommend Kinect Disneyland Adventures as well (assuming you like Disney stuff at all) - see my review. Also, Shipwreck and some other folks think Rise of Nightmares is pretty cool.[/QUOTE]
I thought Disney was a kids game? I don't have any kids. RoN seems cool but I can't see paying more than $15 fir it. I have way too many games as is. The only reason I have three Kinect games now is because they were B2G1 and were $25 each. I wouldn't mind Eden though and maybe Kinect Sports 1.
[quote name='kill3r7']I stand corrected. The second DLC was released after the platinum hits version.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's really dumb.

But to clarify, since I haven't even cracked the games open so have no DLC' my best vest is to get the two marathon packs? And this is all week, right?

I really enjoyed Shank. The formula doesn't deviate too much from the demo, but your character gets a couple different weapons, there's a few more enemy types, and a little bit more platforming. It is a tish short (5-ish hours if i remember?), but I definitely see myself playing through it again.

Gatling Gears isn't bad. The graphics are nice and the controls are tight, but I never got around to finishing it for some reason. I think I'm on the last level too...

I didn't really care for the Baconing demo.... Should I bother downloading the Deathspank demo? Based on previous comments here, I've gathered it's more of the same.

I'm getting the demos for Burnout and I think another game or two. I liked the demo for Heavy Weapon, but it's pretty beefy on its own and I'm not sure i even need to get the full game.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I thought Disney was a kids game? I don't have any kids.
[/QUOTE]

Well, the point of posting the review was so that you could read up on it and decide for yourself. Just because it's family-friendly doesn't mean an adult wouldn't enjoy it; Kinect Disneyland Adventures is one of the longest and most fully-featured Kinect titles.

[quote name='utstick']Both of those games are great on Kinect. If you can go get Child of Eden on clearance at your local Target, that game is money....[/QUOTE]

I was just about to say the same, as good as I could put it lol.

[quote name='seppuku']I didn't really care for the Baconing demo.... Should I bother downloading the Deathspank demo? Based on previous comments here, I've gathered it's more of the same.[/QUOTE]

I'd say give the demo for the first game a try, but that could be the fanboy in me speaking. There are enough changes in the third game (Baconing) that you may dislike it despite appreciating the first and second, though honestly speaking, if you didn't like that you probably won't be swayed by the rest.

I like how the console-exclusive Dead Space 2 DLC goes on sale after the buy the Collector's Edition on PC for $5. Ha. I'll get it if I can and somehow squeeze in a DS2 360 purchase in the future. Oh, but the Limited Edition PS3 version includes Extraction... why do they have to make this difficult?

[quote name='utstick']Both of those games are great on Kinect. If you can go get Child of Eden on clearance at your local Target, that game is money....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I picked up codes for Child of Eden, Gunstringer/Fruit Ninja and Carnival Games for less than $15 total from ebay.

Need some CAG's opinion, is dragon age origins worth it 1200 msp without all the dlc or is the ultimate edition worth the extra money?? Thanks

[quote name='eastx']Well, the point of posting the review was so that you could read up on it and decide for yourself. Just because it's family-friendly doesn't mean an adult wouldn't enjoy it; Kinect Disneyland Adventures is one of the longest and most fully-featured Kinect titles.[/QUOTE]

man, that Disneyland Adventures is full of awesome. but then again, I grew up near Disneyland and was a Disney fan. But they threw every little detail into that title. It has virtually every Disney character, even the Pixar ones. Curious if Wall-E is in there. would totally make my day.

watch in in 720P, fullscreen if you can. even with all Youtube's compression, it still looks mighty awesome:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm8WGYeyD28

Gonna have to bite for the Arrival DLC for ME2, only one I don't have yet. But I hate the fact you have to buy things in $5 increments....I always end up with those odd point numbers.....grrrrr.....

It sucks that they don't have the other ME2 DLCs on sale. Now I'm sort stuck in a dilemma because I don't want to buy it full price when there's a possibility that there's going to be a sale somewhere along the line before the release of ME3. I'll be kicking myself if I do that haha. I guess I'm just gonna have to wait a little longer, end of February will be my breaking point.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Yeah, and how Crysis isn't on sale either is baffling. An EA sale but they don't include two of their biggest and most expensive downloadable games?

Also, I just got a Kinect for Xmas, and I bought DC1 and DC2 because from what I understand they are probably the only two games worth a damn. I also got Kinect Sports Seasn 2 for free and the Kinect came with Kinect Adevntures, Gun Stringer and Fruit Ninja.

So, anyway...if I buy the two Marathon packs I'll have ALL the DLC songs except for three, that can only be bought in bundles and not separately?[/QUOTE]I was also hoping for a crysis sale, but in all fairness those two games are pretty new for a sale. Maybe a 25% off sale which I wouldn't do.

Also wondering about the DC Marathon pack question.

As for the rest of the EA sale, it's actually pretty good. Lots of 50% off making several games 5 bucks even a recent one like Crash. The last of the NFS HP content finally goes on sale as well as a first time sale on ME2's the arrival and DS2's DLC. Surprised that only one deathspank was on sale, and only certain dragon age/mass effect/battlefield content was on sale. At least they didn't put on sale content for one of their many server shutdown games like LOTR Conquest or something similarly shady.

Already got the NFS content and will most likely pick up arrival, DS2 DLC, both marathon packs depending on what songs the wife and kids want, maybe crash and heavy weapon or gatling gears. Glad I loaded up on points for BF/countdown sales.

[quote name='aperry']The cost of buying all the tracks individually (32 * 240) = 7680 MSP. So, using option 1 of getting the 2 marathon packs and the 3 individual songs, you'd pay 66.25 MSP for each song instead of 240. (Unfortunately for me, I have cherry-picked about 5-6 songs, so the deal's not quite as good for me, but still worth it. I think I may bite this time).

Note that none of these include the recently released three songs from Lady Gaga nor the ones from Rihanna. Those are available at 240 MSP for each song or 640 MSP for the respective packs (saves you 80 MSP on each).[/QUOTE]

It's actually my brother who is interested in buying as much Dance Central as he can for the game and he doesn't keep up with the deals as I do. So buying Marathon Pack 1 and Marathon Pack 2 is cheaper overall and the 3 missing tracks he could just buy separate later on. Not bad of a deal considering 1400+1500=2900 MSP aka $36.25.

Funny thing, this morning I saw the Black Eyed Peas dlc song for 80 MSP in the ad and when I clicked on it, it showed up as 160 MSP. oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back