XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up, it looks like the "Alliance Dress Outfit" for the original Mass Effect is on sale (160 MPs, normally 240, I believe) Thanks for doing this for so long, Microsoft should pay you lol
[quote name='sikboy1029']Are the hot pursuit dlc packs worth it?[/QUOTE]I'd say so...took me a few days to beat everything...plus the Veyron Super Sport (!!!)

[quote name='SonicXtreme']
Picked up uno for 200msp, um hopefully someone else I know does or that was pointless XD

[/QUOTE]

it doesn't matter if no one you know has it. It has a large online community. You'll have no problem finding people to play with.

[quote name='MightyHealthy']Just a heads up, it looks like the "Alliance Dress Outfit" for the original Mass Effect is on sale (160 MPs, normally 240, I believe)[/QUOTE]
It's just a shirt? That's pretty lame.

[quote name='SonicXtreme']I just can't buy a racing game without splitscreen multiplayer unless it's named tokyo xtreme racer (actually even that usually has split screen albeit it stinks in it so it might as well not haha). It's just lazy development I don't like supporting. I would've bought Daytona on the arcade but same thing (granted the first saturn version didn't have it either but this isn't 1994 the xbox can handle two daytona cars running around at once). I'd rather spend the money on a game that won't be half useless once the servers go down. And idk with burnout I just want to crash and run short courses, not really run in and learn a city, but to each his own.[/QUOTE]

I can appreciate your counterpoints. And it's definitely not Burnout like the older ones. But I think it holds its own as driving game, just the same. As you say, to each his own.

[quote name='MightyHealthy']I'd say so...took me a few days to beat everything...plus the Veyron Super Sport (!!!)[/QUOTE]

Don't think the Sport dlc is on sale.

[quote name='vamn']Hmm, let me find my posts on the packs last time they were on sale (for the exact same price)....

Marathon Pack 2 has all tracks from Packs 5-7

Marathon Pack 1 contains all of Packs 1-4 - EXCEPT for "We Run This"-Missy Elliott (from Dance Pack 1), "Temperature"-Sean Paul (from Dance Pack 3), and "Le Freak"-Chic (from Dance Pack 4)
It also contains "I Gotta Feeling"-The Black Eyed Peas which is not in any of the Track Packs.

For a price comparison:
The total cost of getting Marathon Pack 1 plus the 3 missing tracks (@ 240 MSP each) is 2120 MSP
vs
The cost of getting Track Packs 1-4 plus "I Gotta Feeling" is 2720 MSP[/QUOTE]

vamn can I add the above to xbldb?

[quote name='wEEman33']According to Major Nelson, NFL Blitz is tomorrow's game.[/QUOTE]
I cannot wait, if anyone else is getting it feel free to add me. The team building aspect looks like it blows JAM out of the water. And I think I will actually be able to play as the Browns without getting annihilated since the cut down rosters limits them to pretty much their only NFL calibur players.

[quote name='SonicXtreme']I cannot wait, if anyone else is getting it feel free to add me. The team building aspect looks like it blows JAM out of the water. And I think I will actually be able to play as the Browns without getting annihilated since the cut down rosters limits them to pretty much their only NFL calibur players.[/QUOTE]

I'll probably use this opportunity to buy both of them at the same time. I think it's easier for me to say NBA Jam and NFL Blitz for $30 than just one for $15. I've paid $50 for each of them a long time ago and these are much more polished.

[quote name='Flame Killa']Does Bad Company 2 GoD have a VIP code? I'm going to guess it doesn't since the Platinum Hits version doesn't...[/QUOTE]
A friend in the UK bought it & you STILL have to buy the online pass, but not sure about US. If not, get one here for cheap!

I jumped on Legacy DLC for DA2. I'm still not halfway through that game, but I liked it (Bought the Sig. Ed. on launch, but the 2011 gaming line up has put it on hold for a WHILE, lol).

[quote name='vamn']Hmm, let me find my posts on the packs last time they were on sale (for the exact same price)....

Marathon Pack 2 has all tracks from Packs 5-7

Marathon Pack 1 contains all of Packs 1-4 - EXCEPT for "We Run This"-Missy Elliott (from Dance Pack 1), "Temperature"-Sean Paul (from Dance Pack 3), and "Le Freak"-Chic (from Dance Pack 4)
It also contains "I Gotta Feeling"-The Black Eyed Peas which is not in any of the Track Packs.

For a price comparison:
The total cost of getting Marathon Pack 1 plus the 3 missing tracks (@ 240 MSP each) is 2120 MSP
vs
The cost of getting Track Packs 1-4 plus "I Gotta Feeling" is 2720 MSP[/QUOTE]
The cost of buying all the tracks individually (32 * 240) = 7680 MSP. So, using option 1 of getting the 2 marathon packs and the 3 individual songs, you'd pay 66.25 MSP for each song instead of 240. (Unfortunately for me, I have cherry-picked about 5-6 songs, so the deal's not quite as good for me, but still worth it. I think I may bite this time).

Note that none of these include the recently released three songs from Lady Gaga nor the ones from Rihanna. Those are available at 240 MSP for each song or 640 MSP for the respective packs (saves you 80 MSP on each).

[quote name='twztid13']
I jumped on Legacy DLC for DA2. I'm still not halfway through that game, but I liked it (Bought the Sig. Ed. on launch, but the 2011 gaming line up has put it on hold for a WHILE, lol).[/QUOTE]

Also thinking about doing this and also in the same situation with this game lol.

[quote name='SonicXtreme']I cannot wait, if anyone else is getting it feel free to add me. The team building aspect looks like it blows JAM out of the water. And I think I will actually be able to play as the Browns without getting annihilated since the cut down rosters limits them to pretty much their only NFL calibur players.[/QUOTE]

I'm picking it up tomorrow (or tonight if it gets listed). I hope they kept the rubberband AI in it because I completely suck without it. Feel free to add me if you need someone to beat up on. :)

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm pretty sure the following are all price drops, not sales:

Vigilante 8
Switchball
Shrek & Roll
Sealife Safari
Golf: Tee It Up
Commanders: Attack of the Genos
Aces of the Galaxy

We'll have to wait for the dash to confirm, but I'm pretty sure.[/QUOTE]

Golf: Tee It Up! for 400 is an absolute steal

I don't know if I should post this, don't want to cause jealousy or anger or disappointment, just to inform people:

Crysis 1 is gonna drop to $10.49 on Playstation for PS+ users, and (probably) $15 for non PS-plus users. So anyone thinking about buying it this week AND own playstation may want to pick it up there.

Link if anyone is interested.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I don't know if I should post this, don't want to cause jealousy or anger or disappointment, just to inform people:

Crysis 1 is gonna drop to $10.49 on Playstation for PS+ users, and (probably) $15 for non PS-plus users. So anyone thinking about buying it this week AND own playstation may want to pick it up there.

Link if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]
=[, and free syphon filter =[

[quote name='GUNNM']=[, and free syphton filter =[[/QUOTE]

God damn you quoted that quick. I changed my mind and took it down, but now I guess it's up for good, so here it is again:

I don't know if I should post this, don't want to cause jealousy or anger or disappointment, just to inform people:

Link if anyone is interested.

awesome news thanks tyler! people heads are gonna fuckin explode when they see that crysis is on sale only on PSN. how bout some cheese with that whine?

[quote name='tylerh1701']God damn you quoted that quick. I changed my mind and took it down, but now I guess it's up for good, so here it is again:

Link if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, would prefer it on xbox but I can't pass this up for $10 since I have PSN +

I grabbed Arrival for ME2. I guess for 280 points I should actually try some DLC for one of my favorite games.

[quote name='bajingo']awesome news thanks tyler! people heads are gonna fuckin explode when they see that crysis is on sale only on PSN. how bout some cheese with that whine?[/QUOTE]

Glad I could help a couple people. After I posted it I realized that a few heads were probably gonna explode, so I took it down. But it got quoted right away.

Anyways I hope it helps and I really hope I'm not gonna cause a shitstorm in this thread. And if I do, I'd like to pre-emptively apologize. :)

[quote name='tmw214']Golf: Tee It Up! for 400 is an absolute steal[/QUOTE]

I usually don't buy price drops, but I'm extremely tempted on that one!

[quote name='tylerh1701']Glad I could help a couple people. After I posted it I realized that a few heads were probably gonna explode, so I took it down. But it got quoted right away.

Anyways I hope it helps and I really hope I'm not gonna cause a shitstorm in this thread. And if I do, I'd like to pre-emptively apologize. :)[/QUOTE]

I own both but prefer to multi-plat on the 360. I can wait MS out to get it for cheaper.

Well Crysis does not go on sale till next week on the PSN so MAYBE we get it on the deals of the week...a long shot but you never know.

[quote name='Felder71']I won't comment specifically on Burnout: Crash, but Burnout: Paradise is awesome. Regardless of how you might think it looks, it's a stellar game and definitely worthy of your bucks. It's not like a "normal" Burnout game but excellent nonetheless. Probably my favorite driving game this generation.[/QUOTE]

I'll be a dissenting voice on Paradise. I loved Burnout 3 and Revenge but found the omission of crash mode was unforgivable. Also I found the open world to be un-fun as making a single wrong turn would make you lose the race and constantly checking the map ended in me crashing a lot. Also you couldn't restart races when I played it, I bought it at launch.

Anyone here have info on "Mass Effect 2: Arrival" DLC? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it. Is it fun? What exactly is it? The Xbox.com description is horrible.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for OTHER Mass Effect 2 DLC? Like; Which are the best ones to get?

[quote name='H3YN0W']Anyone here have info on "Mass Effect 2: Arrival" DLC? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it. Is it fun? What exactly is it? The Xbox.com description is horrible.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for OTHER Mass Effect 2 DLC? Like; Which are the best ones to get?[/QUOTE]

If you have to buy 1 at full price it would be Lair of the Shadow Broker.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/mass-effect-2-lair-of-the-shadow-broker

[quote name='cancerman1120']I own both but prefer to multi-plat on the 360. I can wait MS out to get it for cheaper.[/QUOTE]

I've noticed a lot of people feel this same way, I'm just curious as to why? (I own both and generally jump on the first good deal, regardless of platform.

My guess is either the controller or for achievements, but is there anything else?

[quote name='bajingo']awesome news thanks tyler! people heads are gonna fuckin explode when they see that crysis is on sale only on PSN. how bout some cheese with that whine?[/QUOTE]

So you just insulted people for whining about something that absolutely no one has complained about yet?

Preemptive trolling. It's what's new for the internet in 2012.

[quote name='H3YN0W']Anyone here have info on "Mass Effect 2: Arrival" DLC? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it. Is it fun? What exactly is it? The Xbox.com description is horrible.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for OTHER Mass Effect 2 DLC? Like; Which are the best ones to get?[/QUOTE]

Arrival is short and the worst of the dlc options. worth it only if you're really into the games

The best DLC's are overlord and shadow broker.

kasumi's dlc is decent, i'd get it before arrival

[quote name='tylerh1701']I've noticed a lot of people feel this same way, I'm just curious as to why? (I own both and generally jump on the first good deal, regardless of platform.

My guess is either the controller or for achievements, but is there anything else?[/QUOTE]

That is pretty much the reason for me. I like the achievement system and prefer the 360 controller (especially for FPS). I do not mind using the PS3 controller for games like Uncharted but I bought a Power A controller with the 360 layout for Resistance and Killzone. Unfortunately, it is not the best controller either. No other reason...I am not for or against any one system but the 360 controller just fits my hands better...although the old S controller made me stay away from the original Xbox.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I've noticed a lot of people feel this same way, I'm just curious as to why? (I own both and generally jump on the first good deal, regardless of platform.

My guess is either the controller or for achievements, but is there anything else?[/QUOTE]
Probably achievements, but there's also the fact that, with a few notable exceptions like Final Fantasy XIII, multiplatform games tend to either be identical or to look and perform better on the 360. Lastly, online multiplayer games tend to have more active communities on 360.

[quote name='cancerman1120']That is pretty much the reason for me. I like the achievement system and prefer the 360 controller (especially for FPS). I do not mind using the PS3 controller for games like Uncharted but I bought a Power A controller with the 360 layout for Resistance and Killzone. Unfortunately, it is not the best controller either. No other reason...I am not for or against any one system but the 360 controller just fits my hands better...although the old S controller made me stay away from the original Xbox.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your input. For what it's worth, I like the 360 controller more too, except for the fuckin D-pad.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Probably achievements, but there's also the fact that, with a few notable exceptions like Final Fantasy XIII, multiplatform games tend to either be identical or to look and perform better on the 360. Lastly, online multiplayer games tend to have more active communities on 360.[/QUOTE]

Online is another good reason that I didn't think of, as well as whether the people you know have a 360 or PS3. I'm sure there are a lot of multi-platform owners that prefer their PS3 over 360, but it seems like most prefer 360 over PS3, in my experiences anyway.

i prefer ps3 over 360, i think it has better exclusives

but if the multiplatform games are equal (same graphics, same framerate, tearing etc) i go with 360 because i prefer achievements over trophies

according to lens of truth crysis looks a little better on 360, so i may wait for a price drop rather than pick up the ps3 version

Because all my friends have Xboxes and so I can usually play with them. Also playing a game on the xbox lets my friends send me invites and stuff which they can't if I'm on PS3. Very few of my friends have a PS3. Also, in the future I'd like to only have to pull out one system and play most of this generations games rather than having them split across two platforms. I have 60+ X360 games and about 10 PS3 games. Oh, and most multiplat games are better on Xbox in general. It's rare the PS3 port is better.

Wow we are having an adult conversation about console preference. Most of the time the sheer mention of this topic results in name calling and threats...very nice to see. I have never understood the hostility people have about consoles. As gamers we should applaud having the choice of one system or 2 systems and for me 3 systems since I still think the PC does certain games better than a console ever can. Imagine if all we had this generation was a Wii (sorry but I love Mario and Zelda but most of the rest is garbage).

[quote name='Barry Burton']i prefer ps3 over 360, i think it has better exclusives [/QUOTE]
I think most people would agree with that but the question was specifically about choosing which console to purchase a multiplatform game for.

i prefer 360 multi plats too, for the controller and achievements (though im not a achiev. whore anymore, remember that ONE time they had a contest with prizes for raising gamerscore?). i was ready to buy crysis with PS+ but all this talk has convinced me to wait for a 360 sale. since theres so much else on my plate and i wasnt in love with crysis 2. thanks for the talking points!

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I think most people would agree with that but the question was specifically about choosing which console to purchase a multiplatform game for.[/QUOTE]

which i answered

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Probably achievements, but there's also the fact that, with a few notable exceptions like Final Fantasy XIII, multiplatform games tend to either be identical or to look and perform better on the 360. Lastly, online multiplayer games tend to have more active communities on 360.[/QUOTE]

Controller and online community are definitely the biggest determining factors in which version a multiplat gamer goes for. XBL does have a very lively community compared to PSN in most genres, but PSN seems to have the edge with Fighting and Racing games; at least when it comes to the devoted hardcore crowd.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Wow we are having an adult conversation about console preference. Most of the time the sheer mention of this topic results in name calling and threats...very nice to see. I have never understood the hostility people have about consoles. As gamers we should applaud having the choice of one system or 2 systems and for me 3 systems since I still think the PC does certain games better than a console ever can. Imagine if all we had this generation was a Wii (sorry but I love Mario and Zelda but most of the rest is garbage).[/QUOTE]

Ditto to liking the civility. :)

I personally prefer games coming out for more than one system. Choice is always a good thing. The reason I bought an Xbox was price - at the time a used/refurbished Xbox was going for much less than a used PS3. Over the years, the achievements have grown on me to the point where it's become a part of my decision whether or not to buy a game.

I haven't bought a PS3 yet (despite them being fairly cheap recently - especially when on sale) because I still have my heart set on an old fully backwards-compatible model. And at this point, I'm waiting to see what Sony does with the PS4. If it's fully compatible with all the old systems and in an affordable price range (fingers crossed), then I'll gladly get one.

I'm also enjoying the civility of this conversation. Thanks for the input guys.

Back on topic - Anyone recommend Heavy Weapon for 400 points? Demo seemed kind of simple...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back