XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesssss. Snagged The Arrival. Contemplating shelling out money for Toy Story 3, Hot Pursuit, or Split/Second. But I may just pass.

Don't forget with the Dance Central marathon packs you're also missing on the DC2 songs that were recently released (Gaga 2 pack, Riahnna 3 pack). So if you get the marathon packs you're just missing 8 songs total.

[quote name='bardockkun']Don't forget with the Dance Central marathon packs you're also missing on the DC2 songs that were recently released (Gaga 2 pack, Riahnna 3 pack). So if you get the marathon packs you're just missing 8 songs total.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's fine. My bro doesn't really buy anything on xbl unless I tell him about it and the 2 marathon packs have 29 songs total so that'll be enough to keep him busy for awhile. Harmonix should put dlc for Rock Band on sale..

[quote name='intoxicated662']Yeah, that's fine. My bro doesn't really buy anything on xbl unless I tell him about it and the 2 marathon packs have 29 songs total so that'll be enough to keep him busy for awhile. Harmonix should put dlc for Rock Band on sale..[/QUOTE]
I've been crazy wanting the Bon Jovi pack to go on sale for the longest time now.

[quote name='ArecxP']It sucks that they don't have the other ME2 DLCs on sale. Now I'm sort stuck in a dilemma because I don't want to buy it full price when there's a possibility that there's going to be a sale somewhere along the line before the release of ME3. I'll be kicking myself if I do that haha. I guess I'm just gonna have to wait a little longer, end of February will be my breaking point.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if it's even worth the trouble to be honest. I haven't played it and was going to pick it up until I ran out of points, but I haven't heard anything positive on it at all.

I still have to do my insanity run with lair of the shadow broker and overlord DLC, I'm happy with that to keep me warm until ME3. No guarantees, but I would expect there to be a sale on the other DLC in the days leading up to ME3.

[quote name='hexa']Shank was a blast. A little short for my tastes but DEFINITELY worth it.[/QUOTE]

That's good to hear. This game flew under my radar when it first released but I just watched some youtube videos of it last week and thought it looked fantastic. I really liked the demo too so this EA sale was perfect timing for me to get my action platforming game on. Bloodrayne, Shank, and hopefully The Dishwasher Vampire Smile will go on sale too.

When the Hot Pursuit Lamborghini Pack says that it comes " with a total of six new events to test your Racer and Cop abilities to the limit. This collection includes four exclusive solo events," what's the difference between 6 new events and 4 new solo events? Does anyone know if all 10 events are playable offline? Thanks in advance!

[quote name='reddjoey'][quote name='tylerh1701']I'm pretty sure the following are all price drops, not sales:

Vigilante 8
Switchball
Shrek & Roll
Sealife Safari
Golf: Tee It Up
Commanders: Attack of the Genos
Aces of the Galaxy

We'll have to wait for the dash to confirm, but I'm pretty sure.[/QUOTE]

On this note, I took the price drops out of the OP since:
1. They are permanent
2. They can be found on the dash[/QUOTE]

Is everyone certain now that these are still just price drops? I only ask because I don't see any of them under "Recently Reduced". My bet is on price drop...but is it possible there is some hidden sale?

[quote name='mebegod']so is severed the only non-multiplayer dlc for dead space 2?[/QUOTE]

Yes, unless you count the different suits. :/

[quote name='ArecxP']It sucks that they don't have the other ME2 DLCs on sale. Now I'm sort stuck in a dilemma because I don't want to buy it full price when there's a possibility that there's going to be a sale somewhere along the line before the release of ME3. I'll be kicking myself if I do that haha. I guess I'm just gonna have to wait a little longer, end of February will be my breaking point.[/QUOTE]

Same, I was hoping for all of the dlc to be on sale as well. I'm hoping they will be as we get closer to ME3's release, but it is baffling why they wouldn't have them all on sale now instead of just arrival.

I'll be waiting and seeing as well.

[quote name='zen15']Need some CAG's opinion, is dragon age origins worth it 1200 msp without all the dlc or is the ultimate edition worth the extra money?? Thanks[/QUOTE]

I have read on the DA:O forums that there is a game-breaking bug on the Ultimate Edition disc that hasn't been fixed. As I understand it, the game freezes during the final boss battle for a lot of gamers so you can't get to a final save point to transfer to Awakening.

I was going to purchase the Ultimate Edition too but after reading this I think I will stick with my original Collector's Edition and pay a little more for the remaining DLC that I need to complete the set.

Another thing to keep in mind, it appears that the DLC is on the disc but the Ultimate Edition comes with a code that unlocks the content on one account. Therefore, once you redeem the code the Ultimate Edition instantly becomes a standard edition for resale purposes.

Just things to keep in mind as you make your purchase decision.

Game On!!!!

Agent205

[quote name='Agent 205']I have read on the DA:O forums that there is a game-breaking bug on the Ultimate Edition disc that hasn't been fixed. As I understand it, the game freezes during the final boss battle for a lot of gamers so you can't get to a final save point to transfer to Awakening.

I was going to purchase the Ultimate Edition too but after reading this I think I will stick with my original Collector's Edition and pay a little more for the remaining DLC that I need to complete the set.

Another thing to keep in mind, it appears that the DLC is on the disc but the Ultimate Edition comes with a code that unlocks the content on one account. Therefore, once you redeem the code the Ultimate Edition instantly becomes a standard edition for resale purposes.

Just things to keep in mind as you make your purchase decision.

Game On!!!!

Agent205[/QUOTE]

Maybe there's a new version of the Ultimate Edition where you get download codes, but mine had everything on disc. Also, I played through the final boss battle several times to get all the achievements and never had the game freeze or glitch in any way.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']Maybe there's a new version of the Ultimate Edition where you get download codes, but mine had everything on disc. Also, I played through the final boss battle several times to get all the achievements and never had the game freeze or glitch in any way.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear about the game not crashing on you!!! I am still considering the possibility of picking up the UE to give it a try. Also, I just watched an unboxing video and noticed that there was only a code for the blood armor in the box and no DLC code.

How does it authorize the DLC if there isn't a code? Can I install just the DLC from the UE on top of my original version????

I might pick this up used if the DLC can be used multiple times.

Thanks!!!

[quote name='Agent 205']Glad to hear about the game not crashing on you!!! I am still considering the possibility of picking up the UE to give it a try. Also, I just watched an unboxing video and noticed that there was only a code for the blood armor in the box and no DLC code.

How does it authorize the DLC if there isn't a code? Can I install just the DLC from the UE on top of my original version????

I might pick this up used if the DLC can be used multiple times.

Thanks!!![/QUOTE]

And the blood armor isn't even for Dragon Age, it's for Mass Effect (maybe ME2, I don't remember). I can't say for sure that you can use the UE DLC with the original release, but I don't know of any reason why it wouldn't work. It installs the DLC to your HD from the disc, so I'd imagine it's recognized the same as if it were downloaded.

I'd bet they'll all go on sale before ME3 releases. I seem to remember that happening with the ME1 dlc before ME2 was released.
I'm thinking that's the reason they all didn't go on sale during this sale. It seems odd considering that they haven't been on sale in awhile from what I can remember.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']And the blood armor isn't even for Dragon Age, it's for Mass Effect (maybe ME2, I don't remember).[/QUOTE]
It's actually for both, once you redeem the code on your EA account it unlocks armor sets in Origins and ME2.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']It's actually for both, once you redeem the code on your EA account it unlocks armor sets in Origins and ME2.[/QUOTE]

You must be thinking of something different, because this code has nothing to do with the EA account. It's one that's redeemable through the Live Marketplace. And it definitely didn't unlock anything in Dragon Age.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']You must be thinking of something different, because this code has nothing to do with the EA account. It's one that's redeemable through the Live Marketplace. And it definitely didn't unlock anything in Dragon Age.[/QUOTE]

He's talking about the Blood Dragon Armor code that came with the game. According to Bioware's website, you get the armor in both DA:O and ME2.

http://dragonage.bioware.com/dao/addon/

"Purchase a new copy of Dragon Age: Origins (regular or Collector's Edition) and receive a code to download Blood Dragon Armor, a full set of armor that grants exceptional protection in combat.
Activate the code in Dragon Age: Origins and the Blood Dragon Armor will also unlock for use in BioWare's upcoming science fiction epic, Mass Effect 2. Take your armor to the edge of the galaxy!"

[quote name='salty tbone']He's talking about the Blood Dragon Armor code that came with the game. According to Bioware's website, you get the armor in both DA:O and ME2.

"Purchase a new copy of Dragon Age: Origins (regular or Collector's Edition) and receive a code to download Blood Dragon Armor, a full set of armor that grants exceptional protection in combat.
Activate the code in Dragon Age: Origins and the Blood Dragon Armor will also unlock for use in BioWare's upcoming science fiction epic, Mass Effect 2. Take your armor to the edge of the galaxy!"[/QUOTE]
There's a ME2 Blood Dragon Armor avatar outfit in the ME2 category on the Live Marketplace, that's the only other thing I can think of. But I thought the code that came with the game was for the in-game armor set, not the avatar outfit.

[quote name='salty tbone']He's talking about the Blood Dragon Armor code that came with the game. According to Bioware's website, you get the armor in both DA:O and ME2.

Activate the code in Dragon Age: Origins and the Blood Dragon Armor will also unlock for use in BioWare's upcoming science fiction epic, Mass Effect 2. Take your armor to the edge of the galaxy!"[/QUOTE]

All I can tell you is what came with the Ultimate Edition that I purchased.

Played through Served last night and really enjoyed it. I thought the pacing was good and the ending sequence fills in some gaps in the storyline of Dead Space and leaves you with a few interesting questions.

While on the short side I can recommend it for the price especially if you are a Dead Space fan.

NFS HP DLC! HELL YEAH! Been killing myself on deciding whether or not I would dip on the DLC full price. I figured I got the game for 10.... DLC for 20? Can definitely justify another 10 though ;) APOLLO GUMPERT HERE I COME :)

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Is everyone certain now that these are still just price drops? I only ask because I don't see any of them under "Recently Reduced". My bet is on price drop...but is it possible there is some hidden sale?[/QUOTE]

I still think they are price drops, but a hidden sale wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. I'd say give the dashboard a couple more days, it usually takes a while to update. Unless there is something you really want, then maybe you should pull the trigger just in case.

[quote name='eastx']Well, the point of posting the review was so that you could read up on it and decide for yourself. Just because it's family-friendly doesn't mean an adult wouldn't enjoy it; Kinect Disneyland Adventures is one of the longest and most fully-featured Kinect titles.[/QUOTE]

I did read the review and it was solid but every comment mentioned kids so...

And I don't want to get a Kinect game just because its one of the few "fully featured" ones.

So, one of the NFS packs isn't on sale either, right? They have the multiplayer only one (Armed and Dangerous) but not one of the single players packs?

This sale has a lot if stuff but some things just don't make sense. I have zero interest in A&D but want all the single player stuff.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I was also hoping for a crysis sale, but in all fairness those two games are pretty new for a sale. Maybe a 25% off sale which I wouldn't do.
[/QUOTE]
When has that stopped disc games from dropping in price and going in sale weeks after release? And it sure didn't stop MS from discounting the Gears season pass which is newer than Crysis.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Barry Burton']i prefer ps3 over 360, i think it has better exclusives

but if the multiplatform games are equal (same graphics, same framerate, tearing etc) i go with 360 because i prefer achievements over trophies

according to lens of truth crysis looks a little better on 360, so i may wait for a price drop rather than pick up the ps3 version[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I prefer Achievements as well. Trophies are so worthless as an overall measurement that they had to establish a ranking system, which is fine but I'd rather just have one system like Xbox Live does...only thing going for Trophies would be the Platinum. This dislike of the Trophies did not stop me from playing games to one up my friends though ;).

On exclusives, PS3 because more time is put into developing those games whereas the 360 exclusives tend to be more rushed.

On mutlipat, 360 generally has better graphics and a better Live communtiy (though the the online community for Burnout Paradise on the PS3 was and probably still is [have not played it in more than three months] fantastic)]; the PS3 has the better framerate. There are several exceptions where the PS3 has better graphics on these multipat games. Notably Dragon Age: Origins and Final Fantasy XIII, but I view the latter as a late-development port...basically a cash-cow for Square Enix.

[quote name='nadohawk']Yeah. I prefer Achievements as well. Trophies are so worthless as an overall measurement that they had to establish a ranking system, which is fine but I'd rather just have one system like Xbox Live does...only thing going for Trophies would be the Platinum. This dislike of the Trophies did not stop me from playing games to one up my friends though ;).

On exclusives, PS3 because more time is put into developing those games whereas the 360 exclusives tend to be more rushed.

On mutlipat, 360 generally has better graphics and a better Live communtiy (though the the online community for Burnout Paradise on the PS3 was and probably still is [have not played it in more than three months] fantastic)]; the PS3 has the better framerate. There are several exceptions where the PS3 has better graphics on these multipat games. Notably Dragon Age: Origins and Final Fantasy XIII, but I view the latter as a late-development port...basically a cash-cow for Square Enix.[/QUOTE]

I love both cheevos and trophies. I actually like the ding noise of the trophies more than the pop of the cheevo.

As for exclusives its not even close. Xbox only has like a handful left. They would rather spend their money on early CoD dlc than on developing games.

I do prefer Live and the 360 controller for fps games though.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']All I can tell you is what came with the Ultimate Edition that I purchased.[/QUOTE]

I purchased the DA:O UE a few weeks ago from Amazon. There was no separate Blood Dragon code in the box (just the manual and an advert for DA2), but the armor was in my inventory in DA:O. Haven't checked ME2 inventory.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I love both cheevos and trophies. I actually like the ding noise of the trophies more than the pop of the cheevo.

As for exclusives its not even close. Xbox only has like a handful left. They would rather spend their money on early CoD dlc than on developing games.

I do prefer Live and the 360 controller for fps games though.[/QUOTE]

Well at this point, they have shown they really don't need the number of exclusives the PS3 has to sell better than the competition. Issue I have with PS3 exclusives is, aside from one or two great games that are worth buying, most like Killzone and Resistance series and even GT5, tend to play catch-up to the offerings on the 360, many of which were released years ago. Where PS3 shines IMO is the Infamous and Uncharted series as well as Heavy Rain.

So in the end, the number of good exclusives for each console is about the same. The 360 has less of these blockbuster exclusives, but I don't see the cruddy exclusives either. They have mostly A- exclusives on a given year. On a given year, PS3 has mostly C+ to B- games sprinkled in with two A+ games. As gamers, we tend to just remember the A+ games and forget the half dozen cruddy exclusives that also get released, some of which actually looked promising.

I have some catching up to do, so I apologize for my wall of text. You can always ignore my post anyway. Gotta start by expressing my gratitude and appreciation for reddjoey's continued effot with this Xbox Live deals thread. I hope this year is full of great deals.

On multiplatform titles, I am quite odd for I choose the 360 versions typically because of VGA cable support. I have an old CRT monitor capable of 1920x1080 (actually 1200, but I have adjusted the aspect display appropriately), and the PS3 doesn't seem to have VGA support so I leave it on the TV which gets more use for TV and Blu-Ray movies. Achievements, while I try my best to hunt them (but not boost, I'm not an achievement whore), I find nicer than trophies. While the stock 360's D-pad is awful, its analog stick placement and triggers seem to suit me better for FPS and racing titles (I am still awful at both). Granted I do try to find a controller to fit my playing needs (I am currently hoping Amazon will pricematch Gamestop for the PDP versus pad), and I have unfortunately wasted money trying to find them sometimes. Of course the online experience I prefer on the 360. However the PS3 offers some exclusives (Disgaea, Team Ico games), less intrusive/in-your-face advertisements, some which perfom better (Final Fantasy 13), and some with additional content not on other systems (Star Ocean: The Last Hope, House of the Dead: Overkill, Mirrors Edge). $I basically buy for the better system, if equal, it goes to the 360. $I am a believer in "to play the best, one just has to own them all" ... I can find good games I'd enjoy on all systems, but right now, 360 preferred for the VGA cable so I am on it more frequently.

Back to the sales, I let the Renegade Ops offer lapse on me, so it no longer tempts me. $I think if it was East-X which convinced me "if I had doubts, just save the Microsoft points" (paraphrasing), so I do consider all your posts on this thread to make my decisions. $Sometimes a demo is not enough for me to decide.

While the Gold Member exclusive sale (DotW) does not apply to me, it seems great for those with the games. However, the EA sale did put a lot on the table. I do wish when they offer DLC at a bargain price, I wish it would be for all of it for a title. $So now, I am just missing one DLC pack on Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit and it will continue to taunt me. Along with just only one of the DLC packs for Dragon Age 2 on sale, may tell me to return the $10 Dragon Age 2 I had purchased from Best Buy in preparation for this EA sale; which would leave me waiting on a complete edition (that may never come) to be on sale ... Ah my dilemma of the moment.

On XBLA sale offerings, again the EA sale brings it this week. I am currently debating on Burnout Crash, at 400MSP I am at a tipping point. I kind of agree the game does look like a browser flash game, and I already have Burnout 3 (Xbox) which I felt the series peaked and Burnout Revenge (360) which was a small step down from 3, yet I had so much fondness for 3 I cannot let go of the series. I will be following this thread and deciding with help from your collective opinion on Crash.

Deathspank, was a game which may have caught me at a bad time/mood. I was unimpressed by its play mechanics. Then there is its humor, which I feel like a bombardment of attemps of jokes in hopes one may make you smirk. I'm not above toilet humor, but the game seems to be like "is this funny?" "no? How about this?" "this?" until you're like "okay, that wasn't bad" and repeat. I did puchase the first two when they were last on sale, managed to finish the first, but I have actually fallen asleep on the second one. Once in a while you may get a quest where the area you are supposed to be is beyond the mobs that are well past your level. I remember being lv9, had to go through some 12-14, beyond that was some 18s, and then some lv20s, until later when I was around 15-16, I found the area beyond the level 20 mobs had level 10-11s. Deathspank does this on occasion.

Shank, is brawler fun, but you may dislike the random missiles from the sky when you are playing on hard difficulty. I enjoyed it.

As for PSN having Crysis for less, they did that with $10 pricing each for plus members for Resident Evil 4 and Code Veronca. For that I felt those bargains paid for the plus subscription alone. However, after reading here the 360 edition of Crysis is slightly better, I will wait for Live to have it discounted.

End wall of Text

The Xbox marketplace is such a fucking mess on the console. I spent maybe 5 minutes trying to find the EA games deal and could not. The people behind that layout should be fired as its daunting and overly complicated.

[quote name='cheaphuck']The Xbox marketplace is such a fucking mess on the console. I spent maybe 5 minutes trying to find the EA games deal and could not. The people behind that layout should be fired as its daunting and overly complicated.[/QUOTE]
Games tab --> Sales & Specials --> EA

[quote name='Crono-00']On XBLA sale offerings, again the EA sale brings it this week. I am currently debating on Burnout Crash, at 400MSP I am at a tipping point. I kind of agree the game does look like a browser flash game, and I already have Burnout 3 (Xbox) which I felt the series peaked and Burnout Revenge (360) which was a small step down from 3, yet I had so much fondness for 3 I cannot let go of the series. I will be following this thread and deciding with help from your collective opinion on Crash.
[/QUOTE]

If you liked the crash events on Burnout 3 and Revenge, you should like it on Burnout Crash. There is a demo you can try.

Me personally, I hated the crash events in 3 and Revenge. I was never good at it and when I did well, it was more luck than anything. I hated having to grind through the crash events.

I personally found Burnout Revenge to be the best of all of them. I didn't like the direction with Burnout Paradise at all.

Am I the only one who thinks that Burnout: Crash is nothing like Crash Mode in Burnout 3 and Revenge? Obviously there is crashing, but it's not a "aim and hit one place and let destruction happen around you" thing. It's more of a "cause a crash and keep it going by manipulating the wreck". Someone either confirm my sanity or madness, please!

debating the NFS HP packs. I bought this game for $13 a while back, havent even opened it yet but the DLC calls to me....

Also thought about Crash, but I have Burnout Revenge on my 360 so I think I'll just stick with that since most of the comments here make Crash sound pretty similar to Revenge's Crash mode (which I wasnt a big fan of).

Finally, UNO at 200 MSP? For how long? Any quick ways to earn some points? Have 80 on my account right now and dont feel like buying a card just for this...

[quote name='Felder71']Am I the only one who thinks that Burnout: Crash is nothing like Crash Mode in Burnout 3 and Revenge? Obviously there is crashing, but it's not a "aim and hit one place and let destruction happen around you" thing. It's more of a "cause a crash and keep it going by manipulating the wreck". Someone either confirm my sanity or madness, please![/QUOTE]

you are kind of right but manipulating the crashed item was a huge part of getting a giant score

[quote name='GamerDude316']

Finally, UNO at 200 MSP? For how long? Any quick ways to earn some points? Have 80 on my account right now and dont feel like buying a card just for this...[/QUOTE]
bing?

Ok, so the two Marathon Packs for DC work for both DC1 and DC2, correct? And if I get them both I'll have all the DLC songs except for eight? Plus the Lady GaGa and Rihanna packs that were released recently?

[quote name='Felder71']Am I the only one who thinks that Burnout: Crash is nothing like Crash Mode in Burnout 3 and Revenge? Obviously there is crashing, but it's not a "aim and hit one place and let destruction happen around you" thing. It's more of a "cause a crash and keep it going by manipulating the wreck". Someone either confirm my sanity or madness, please![/QUOTE]

You're definitely not alone. I'd guess that more of us don't see much of anything in common other than the name. $10 would have been an easy buy for a stand-alone crash mode. Would have even considered $15.

You're right it's not really much like the old Crash mode at all.

That said for $5 I think it's decent, it has a real "just one more go" thing going on.

[quote name='GUNNM']bing?[/QUOTE]

I just remembered my bing account but I wont be able to reach the 250 credits needed to get 200 points by the time this offer expires, oh well. Doubt I'd play it much anyway.

[quote name='GamerDude316']I just remembered my bing account but I wont be able to reach the 250 credits needed to get 200 points by the time this offer expires, oh well. Doubt I'd play it much anyway.[/QUOTE]
create a bunch of fake hotmails and do the refer a friend and get 100 ms points

Not a sale but could effect future pricing on Indie games. The maximum game size is being increase to 500MB from 150MB. Looks like they are going to allow games 150MB and below set their price at 80 points. I guess anything above 50MB used to have a price of 240-400 points. They are also going to increase the # of games a developer can have on the indie game channel.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/xna/archive/2012/01/04/happy-new-year-xbox-live-indie-games.aspx

Burnout Crash is the crash events in Burnout Revenge on steroids.

Remember in Revenge, you could move your car around with impact time. and you had your crashbreakers to cause multiple detonations.

[quote name='dirtyvu']Burnout Crash is the crash events in Burnout Revenge on steroids.

Remember in Revenge, you could move your car around with impact time. and you had your crashbreakers to cause multiple detonations.[/QUOTE]

I guess you are right about that. With the whole Dr. Beak thing and various objectives, I guess I don't see it the same way. But it is kind of an extension of Burnout Revenge. Still nothing like Burnout 3. That eases my mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back