XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cornelius']Amongst the XBLA compilation discs (see OP#3, then click "XBLA Discs"), there's a few great values (including Qubed) that deserve a once-over:
  • Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged (white/yellow case) ... under $7
  • Xbox Live Arcade Vol. 1 (green case) ... under $7 w/ an extra Sega Superstars Tennis disc included
  • Namco Museum Virtual Arcade ... $20'ish
  • Qubed ... $10'ish
  • and ... maybe ... the Triple Pack ... $20'ish[/QUOTE]

I was aware of all the other ones and have actually owned/do own them at one point. Qubed was just one I never realized what it was. I'll probably pick it up soon.

Don't see much discussion on the current sale, so I thought I would ask. Are the Fable 3 DLC worth picking up? I still have the collector's edition sitting on my shelf waiting to be played, but I figured I should get the DLC while it was on sale. Anyone have any opinions they want to share? Thanks.

From Joystiq:

Update: Turns out the date Microsoft has listed for Fez is completely wrong. Polytron's Phil Fish has informed us that Fez has no set release date, that the May 2, 2012 date listed on the Xbox Live Marketplace is incorrect, and that the game hasn't even been certified by Microsoft. We sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding and have reached out to Microsoft for comment.

[quote name='reddjoey']From Joystiq:[/QUOTE]

Damn, beat to the punch. Release dates listed for new games on Xbox.com are most definitely NOT official.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Damn, beat to the punch. Release dates listed for new games on Xbox.com are most definitely NOT official.[/QUOTE]

VADERNOOOOOOOO.jpg :(

[quote name='infamy']I was gonna post this but didn't know if I should post it in the dotw topic or not. FEZ is probably the biggest arcade game to be released this year and I'm so exited it finally went gold!

Sucks that Microsoft was pushing for 800MSP but Fish wants it to be 1200. Either way it's worth it day one.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link about MS pushing 800 but fish wanting to charge 1200? Sounds like an interesting read.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Or you culd do Bing searches AND get the 5% off and get even more
If it's between nothing and 5% the 5% is going to win every time[/QUOTE]

Now THIS is a true CAG. :applause:

[quote name='Zonic505']If you get Qubed, not only does it include Lumines, it also has the Advance Challenge Pack, VS CPU Pack, Puzzle/Mission Pack, Rockin' Holiday Pack, and both Genki Rockets skins (Heavenly Star and Breeze), plus Every Extend Extra Extreme & Rez (there's only 2 packs not included on the disc for Lumines, Booster Pack and Tokyo Club Mix Pack). You can pretty much get it for $15 at the most now, which is a GREAT deal considering each game is normally $10 on XBLA.[/QUOTE]

Every Extend Extra Extreme makes that disc for me. Very awesome game once you start using for your favorite music.

[quote name='HunteR7411']Has ticket to ride ever gone on sale? And what is the website to search on things like that? Shouldnt that be included in the OP?[/QUOTE]

Site doesn't seem to be working at the moment, maybe Spylon is working on it, so I can't tell you if it has gone on sale.

Anyway, the site is xbldb.com, and it's in the OP, on the 3rd page under the FAQS.

Q: What are your sources?
A: Sources:
-Majornelson.com
-Xbox UK DotW
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Spylon's Xbox Live Database
-Various Publications/Blogs

Went and bought Qubed today from GS. Scratched to shit and looks like someone used it as a fucking scribble pad to get a pen working. Needless to say, it's not even close to booting up. So there's one other GS near me that has it, so I'll give GS one more shot before just getting it from Amazon.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Site doesn't seem to be working at the moment, maybe Spylon is working on it, so I can't tell you if it has gone on sale.

Anyway, the site is xbldb.com, and it's in the OP, on the 3rd page under the FAQS.

-Majornelson.com
-Xbox UK DotW
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Various Publications/Blogs[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I recall seeing something for the URL "xbldb" but didnt know what that actually meant. Ill try to use it when it comes back online.

[quote name='JoeZiggadigga']Don't see much discussion on the current sale, so I thought I would ask. Are the Fable 3 DLC worth picking up? I still have the collector's edition sitting on my shelf waiting to be played, but I figured I should get the DLC while it was on sale. Anyone have any opinions they want to share? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
It depends on whether you like the game. :p The DLC is more of the same. I would say Traitor's Keep was a good buy, the others seem insubstantial (no achievements either).

[quote name='infamy']Makes me sad though that buying RE4 and CVX only nets me $2 back, lol.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing since I know the RE HD remakes will prob NEVER go on sale. Then I read this from the rewards website:

"Marketplace purchases include Avatar items, game add-ons, movie purchases or rentals and Xbox LIVE Arcade games."

So Im not even sure if they count since they're in the Games on Demand section. Knowing my luck Id buy them & that would be the case, meaning no $2 back.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Went and bought Qubed today from GS. Scratched to shit and looks like someone used it as a fucking scribble pad to get a pen working. Needless to say, it's not even close to booting up. So there's one other GS near me that has it, so I'll give GS one more shot before just getting it from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

FWIW, I found a copy of Qubed from Kmart yesterday on clearance for $9.99. I'm going to another Kmart tomorrow and if I find another one, I can pick it up and sell it at cost plus shipping. Pm me if interested.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']It depends on whether you like the game. :p The DLC is more of the same. I would say Traitor's Keep was a good buy, the others seem insubstantial (no achievements either).[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was thinking the same thing but I haven't even beaten Traitor's Keep lol, as I stopped playing Fable III.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Almost wish I had forgotten about Game Room. Just bought like 10 more cabinets! Thinking about picking up a few more even. So many classics![/QUOTE]

Oh, man! Did you have to remind me?

[quote name='downsouthtigger']I was thinking the same thing since I know the RE HD remakes will prob NEVER go on sale. Then I read this from the rewards website:

"Marketplace purchases include Avatar items, game add-ons, movie purchases or rentals and Xbox LIVE Arcade games."

So Im not even sure if they count since they're in the Games on Demand section. Knowing my luck Id buy them & that would be the case, meaning no $2 back.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about that myself. Can anyone confirm that Games on Demand do count for the rebate? The terms and conditions definitely do not state them as counting.

On another note, what is you guys opinion of the You don't know Jack DLC ever going on sale? I would like to pick those up at some point. Was debating picking them up for the Feb. rewards promotion but I see where they are on sale on PSN. This makes me think I should hold out a little longer for a discount on the xbox front.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']It depends on whether you like the game. :p The DLC is more of the same. I would say Traitor's Keep was a good buy, the others seem insubstantial (no achievements either).[/QUOTE]

I did not like Traitor's Keep at all. It was a couple of hours worth of boring fetch quests. There's a lot of running back and forth over the same locations. I felt that it was a distilled version of the weakest parts of the weakest game in the franchise. If that sounds good to people then, yeah, get it as it's the most substantial piece of DLC for the game.

[quote name='carldisc']I was wondering about that myself. Can anyone confirm that Games on Demand do count for the rebate? The terms and conditions definitely do not state them as counting.

On another note, what is you guys opinion of the You don't know Jack DLC ever going on sale? I would like to pick those up at some point. Was debating picking them up for the Feb. rewards promotion but I see where they are on sale on PSN. This makes me think I should hold out a little longer for a discount on the xbox front.[/QUOTE]

The YDKJ DLC has actually been on sale for half off twice now on PSN, this week and a few months ago. I would wait on those for a while longer, or maybe just get 1 to hold you over, but I could definitely see them going on sale during a future THQ publisher sale.

[quote name='crunchewy']Are they still releasing games for Game Room? I haven't heard anything about it, so presumed it was dead.[/QUOTE]

They are done releasing games for it. IIRC there was some official announcement that went out with the last release saying Game Room had run its course.

Another week of terrible Deals of the Week. More DLC crap. No thank you, MS. Being a gold member is sucking more and more. It use to be whole XBLA games were the DotW :(

[quote name='tylerh1701']Do you have a link about MS pushing 800 but fish wanting to charge 1200? Sounds like an interesting read.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the late response, was occupied.

Microsoft usually decides how much an XBLA game costs, as Fish knows well. "I thought for a while Fez was going to be 1200 points because that was becoming the standard," he says. "But they're trying to bring back the average to 800, because they believe it's the sweet spot and we're going to sell so many more units that way. I'm not convinced. If it was up to me I would charge 1200 points. I just spent five years working on this. I'm not going to give it away for free."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-21-making-an-xbla-game-the-inside-story-article

[quote name='garrett007']I don't like ordering used games from gamestop online, no idea what the condition will be like[/QUOTE]

where in pittsburgh are you?

the gamestops in mcmurray, north hills village, gibsonia, lower burrel, monaca, and cranberry have the game

online always makes sure the game works, at least that is what they say

if it doesn't work you could return it for a refund at the local gamestop

you'll be spending more buying it on demand, plus i don't think you get points back for buying games on demand

[quote name='tylerh1701']Site doesn't seem to be working at the moment, maybe Spylon is working on it, so I can't tell you if it has gone on sale.

-Majornelson.com
-Xbox UK DotW
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Various Publications/Blogs[/QUOTE]

Yup, I got interrupted in the middle of an update. Site should be back now.

[quote name='infamy']
Microsoft usually decides how much an XBLA game costs, as Fish knows well. "I thought for a while Fez was going to be 1200 points because that was becoming the standard," he says. "But they're trying to bring back the average to 800, because they believe it's the sweet spot and we're going to sell so many more units that way. I'm not convinced. If it was up to me I would charge 1200 points. I just spent five years working on this. I'm not going to give it away for free."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-21-making-an-xbla-game-the-inside-story-article[/QUOTE]

I can pretty much guarantee that unless the demo blows my socks off I won't buy a game at 1200. I loved the Bloodrayne: Betrayal demo and still waited for it to go on sale. Microsoft has got the right idea for a change.

[quote name='VexxedCS']I can pretty much guarantee that unless the demo blows my socks off I won't buy a game at 1200. I loved the Bloodrayne: Betrayal demo and still waited for it to go on sale. Microsoft has got the right idea for a change.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Fez (like just about any XBLA game) will sell way better at 800 than 1200 points, so kudos to MS for overruling the dev on this one.

[quote name='Barry Burton']where in pittsburgh are you?

the gamestops in mcmurray, north hills village, gibsonia, lower burrel, monaca, and cranberry have the game

online always makes sure the game works, at least that is what they say

if it doesn't work you could return it for a refund at the local gamestop

you'll be spending more buying it on demand, plus i don't think you get points back for buying games on demand[/QUOTE]

When you factor in gas I would be spending more to pick it up than the GoD version. All of those locations are a little far from me because I am really in the mon valley area. (monessen)
Oh, I forgot to mention you can purchase GoD titles with MSP

[quote name='infamy']Sorry for the late response, was occupied.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-21-making-an-xbla-game-the-inside-story-article[/QUOTE]

Thank you for posting. It was a good read, though there seemed to be a couple contradictory points. But why MS is so strict with it's eligibility rules for XBLA and why everyone is so secretive about what is going on behind the scenes just boggles my mind.

[quote name='VexxedCS']I can pretty much guarantee that unless the demo blows my socks off I won't buy a game at 1200. I loved the Bloodrayne: Betrayal demo and still waited for it to go on sale. Microsoft has got the right idea for a change.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eastx']Agreed. Fez (like just about any XBLA game) will sell way better at 800 than 1200 points, so kudos to MS for overruling the dev on this one.[/QUOTE]

I can't agree more with these two statements. MS is 100% right in figuring out that 800msp is, in fact, the sweet spot.

So then why are there two 1200 point games in the current House Party promotion?

I will be surprised if Fez is not in the summer of arcade at this point. Same with Trials Evolution, even though they said spring. And if i'm going to keep speculating...why not also Quantum Conundrum.

[quote name='cthomer5000']So then why are there two 1200 point games in the current House Party promotion?

I will be surprised if Fez is not in the summer of arcade at this point. Same with Trials Evolution, even though they said spring. And if i'm going to keep speculating...why not also Quantum Conundrum.[/QUOTE]

They didn't say they were phasing the price point out. They just want to use it with games that will sell well enough of that price point - i.e. big name or heavily-promoted games. Fez, cool as it is, doesn't have the built-in audience of Alan Wake.

Quick question does a season pass still exist after all the content it is for are out or does it get delisted. I ask because I missed the damn sale of the Gears Seaon pass when it was 1800. Now I like the multiplayer a lot, but i the main DLC i wanted was Raam's Shadow. Should i get it for the 800MS - 5% or can i wait until the pass goes back on sale?

[quote name='infamy']Sorry for the late response, was occupied.

and Fez has dropped to a buy when on sale for me. If I could steal it I would.

[quote name='wolverinefactor']and Fez has dropped to a buy when on sale for me. If I could steal it I would.[/QUOTE]

Overreact much? The developer can value the game at whatever he wants. Just because you disagree, that doesn't give you the right to steal it, nor should it even affect your buying decision.

[quote name='eastx']Agreed. Fez (like just about any XBLA game) will sell way better at 800 than 1200 points, so kudos to MS for overruling the dev on this one.[/QUOTE]

Looking at the screens of that game (in all honesty I know nothing about it though) I have to ask how they spent 5 YEARS making it? I mean the guy seems awfully self entitled to me. I am not sure what the issue is here. MS has gone away from big gamble exclusives to focus on XBLA and Kinect (unfortunately) while Sony has maintained these big budget exclusive games. I buy both but it is obvious MS is making the better choice at this stage of the 360 life-cycle as games like Twisted Metal, Resistance 3, R&C All for One, SOCOM 4, and Motorstorm:Apocalypse have not sold well on the PS3. Even games like Infamous 2 and Killzone 3 have 1 and 2 million games sold worldwide respectively. There best exclusive is UC3 and it has sold about 3.5 million to date. ONE GAME (Halo Reach) has almost outsold all these games listed combined. We may not like it as video game fans but this is a business and MS seems to be making better business choices.

Ugh, some of the stuff I'm reading here makes me sad. People are applauding MS for strong-arming an indie dev by saying 'my way or the highway.' Don't get me wrong, I don't value Fez at $15 and $10 is a much more appealing price to me, but it's a real shame that someone(s) at Microsoft just gets to look at a game and decide what it's worth. That's a highly opinionated thing, and should be left to the creator (unless they have investors or share holders, but I'm under the impression the Fez team does not.)

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Ugh, some of the stuff I'm reading here makes me sad. People are applauding MS for strong-arming an indie dev by saying 'my way or the highway.' Don't get me wrong, I don't value Fez at $15 and $10 is a much more appealing price to me, but it's a real shame that someone(s) at Microsoft just gets to look at a game and decide what it's worth. That's a highly opinionated thing, and should be left to the creator (unless they have investors or share holders, but I'm under the impression the Fez team does not.)[/QUOTE]

I am not applauding MS but I also do not think this is strong-arming. MS provides a platform to publish games. They have rules in order for you to publish on their system. It seems like these developers are getting more out of going through the MS ringer than using Sony or Steam or self-publishing. I say this because if the most money can be made by being on XBLA first then that is why they are doing it. They are kicking and screaming about it (some at least) but the fact is they are CHOOSING to go with MS...how is THAT strong-arming? Sure could the developers make the MOST money if they could go on all platforms at once? Sure...but it seems the biggest piece of the pie is from MS and how can you fault MS for wanting to keep that market share as much as possible? Again this is a business...as much as we think or feel it is not.

MS knows XBLA better than an indie dev does. Their goal is to sell as many copies as they can and it they think that is easier accomplished at 800, I'm inclined to believe them.

This might be the first time I've ever heard of MS actually wanting to charge less than the developer. It's almost always the opposite. Gotta agree that it does make the guy come off rather douchey. Definitely not something I would have publicly stated if I was in his shoes. I'm almost positive the game will generate more revenue at a cheaper price anyhow.

Pretty cool that Fez may be 800, I expected 1200 for sure. And I wouldn't have had any problems paying 1200 either; it looks to be well worth it

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Ugh, some of the stuff I'm reading here makes me sad. People are applauding MS for strong-arming an indie dev by saying 'my way or the highway.' Don't get me wrong, I don't value Fez at $15 and $10 is a much more appealing price to me, but it's a real shame that someone(s) at Microsoft just gets to look at a game and decide what it's worth. That's a highly opinionated thing, and should be left to the creator (unless they have investors or share holders, but I'm under the impression the Fez team does not.)[/QUOTE]

I'd hope it's more like they think it'll sell more at 800 than 1200, MS probably have figures to back up the fact most people wait for 1200 point games to go on sale, I know I always do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back