XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Spylon']Costume Quest is the family deal of the month. Back up to 1200 tomorrow morning.[/QUOTE]

Oh...I thought you had to have one of those family package deals to take part in those sales, because I don't. I just have a standard gold account.

[quote name='YoatOverNothing']Oh...I thought you had to have one of those family package deals to take part in those sales, because I don't. I just have a standard gold account.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the Xbox Live system has a way of detecting additional tiers yet. All of the press materials seem to indicate that you needed the family pack but reality has shown otherwise. I wouldn't be surprised if you did need it in the future thou.

Gragh. Two weeks without releases and it looks like nothing but garbage from now THROUGH the Summer of Arcade. What a lousy lineup.

Hurts all the more that they announced at least two games I really want recently. Oh well, I don't remember their names so that will make the pain a bit less.

I still think Half Minute Hero for XBLA had a release date of 6-29. Fingers crossed that it comes out that day.

Maybe we will all get lucky and get a sweet deal of the week. I've been hoping Bionic Commando 2 would drop as well as the kinda recent Gatling Gears.

[quote name='Rollobobo']I still think Half Minute Hero for XBLA had a release date of 6-29. Fingers crossed that it comes out that day.

Maybe we will all get lucky and get a sweet deal of the week. I've been hoping Bionic Commando 2 would drop as well as the kinda recent Gatling Gears.[/QUOTE]

I saw that date as confirmed for Japan, so I'd say it's very likely

MS should have a SHMUP sale. There's guwange, triggerheart and many more games. I'd like to see Omega Five and other games on sale. 371 xbla games and i've got a 3rd of them. Still some I wanna buy but don't wanna regret paying full price soon after as with the sales are sketchy.

[quote name='intoxicated662']MS should have a SHMUP sale. There's guwange, triggerheart and many more games. [/QUOTE]

I support this wholeheartedly.

Same here. A shmup sale would be awesome.

Something else that would be awesome would be another "Coming to Xbox Live Marketplace" blog post.

[quote name='Zonic505']Same here. A shmup sale would be awesome.

Something else that would be awesome would be another "Coming to Xbox Live Marketplace" blog post.[/QUOTE]

That or just a general price slashing on games older than a certain date/year.

Either way, hoping for something decent atleast =/, been sitting on about 2000 points for close to a month now.

[quote name='dgwillia006']That or just a general price slashing on games older than a certain date/year.

Either way, hoping for something decent atleast =/, been sitting on about 2000 points for close to a month now.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I stocked up on 1600 point cards at kmart and haven't even used them.

I know when I mentioned this last time someone fired back saying Dotw is just a perk to gold but with how little I play online it's one of the main reasons I pay for gold. I mean I sure as hell don't pay for my edge card to get that crappy magazine. Gold for me is all about discounts, if I'm making up the difference with savings from these dotw sales then I'm happy paying for gold, but when it's lackluster like this I kind of just want to let my subscription run out and wait for a decent run of deals again before starting it up.

There are 12 months in a year, 4 weeks in a month (just about) and xbl gold offers you more than online play and discounts. How you choose to use xbl gold is up to you and each person differs. I do agree they need to have a better sale than the past few weeks but i'm not going to continuously complain about it and let it ruin my life. Some games like Triggerheart Exelica have never gone on sale and seriously doubt it will so i'll probably just end up buying it soon anyways. Afterall, a lot of the makers for these games are small and it's not like it is EA or Activision behind them.

You seem to confuse being bummed out with the slump as ruining my life. How is this any different than people that get disappointed in the weekly ad threads and discuss it? I understand there are other features but the less I use them the more I've been able to justify the subscription by all the money I've saved on xbla games I would have normally paid full price for. Now with this drought and my subscription drawing to it's end date I just keep hoping an awesome sale will pop up and make this decision easier.

Do yourself a favor and grab Triggerheart Exelica, I bought it awhile back and haven't regretted it.

This is not a thread to complain and whine about lack of sales, how you pay for xbl gold so you expect a sale you like every week and what not. Weekly ad threads are just that and no one pays for a subscription to any of that stuff, it's different so can't compare that to xbl. An awesome sale? Last I recall, it was about 2 months ago where we had lots of sales especially that huge Sega sale..or did people forget that?

Not trying to thread crap, just tired of people posting useless and pointless things about how Microsoft should do this or that, nag and complain and what not. If it really bothers you that much, call MS and complain then. I enjoy this thread and it's 1 of the best kept but lately all being stated is negativity.

I'll "grab" whatever i'd like, i've got more than enough of a backlog like many others so if there's a lack of sale(s) this week it's fine. Hope someone comes in and cleans this thread up.

I was just thinking is it possible that the reason there has been no arcade releases the last two weeks is because they are letting Sony catch up with their backlog so games can resume releasing simultaneously on both platofrms again? Obviously as a favor to the developers rather than to Sony.

Unless there are XBLA exclusives waiting in the wings. Then I have no idea.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']You seem to confuse being bummed out with the slump as ruining my life. How is this any different than people that get disappointed in the weekly ad threads and discuss it? I understand there are other features but the less I use them the more I've been able to justify the subscription by all the money I've saved on xbla games I would have normally paid full price for. Now with this drought and my subscription drawing to it's end date I just keep hoping an awesome sale will pop up and make this decision easier.

Do yourself a favor and grab Triggerheart Exelica, I bought it awhile back and haven't regretted it.[/QUOTE]

After waiting this long, you should bite the bullet and buy the Dreamcast version :3

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I was just thinking is it possible that the reason there has been no arcade releases the last two weeks is because they are letting Sony catch up with their backlog so games can resume releasing simultaneously on both platofrms again? Obviously as a favor to the developers rather than to Sony.

Unless there are XBLA exclusives waiting in the wings. Then I have no idea.[/QUOTE]

This could be a possibility.

All I know is that I have not touched an XBLA game in quite a while but have instead found myself playing plenty of PSN titles these past couple weeks.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']The day the shmups go on sale is the day I cave in and buy them all. Don't hold your breath I think I can wait a while longer...[/QUOTE]

I totaly agree. If they were to have a shmup sale as dotw, I would buy them all. Correct me if I'm wrong, but If I remember correctly, the only shmups that have been part of the dotw were Ikaruga and R Type Dimensions which were on sale in 2009. If they do have a shmup dotw, I hope they they wait another month or so. That way Strania and Trouble Witches Neo could be included.

What ever happened to Radiant Silvergun coming to xbla? Wasn't it supposed to come out this spring?

Edit: Nevermind according to Co-Optimus (under the details section) Radiant Silvergun is supposed to hit xbla on September 1st (Thursday release?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Racing theme this week. Highlighting a bunch of racing games and downloads.

The discounts shown are as follows:

Forza 3: Exotic Car Pack - 200 Points (50% Off)
Forza 3: VIP Car Pack - 400 Points (50% Off)
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - Super Sports Pack - 320 Points (43% Off)
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - Armed and Dangerous - 320 Points (43% Off)
Burnout: Paradise - Big Surf Island - 320 Points (43% Off)
Scrap Metal - 600 Points (50% Off)
Days of Thunder - 120 Points (50% Off)

The Days of Thunder deal shows a Snoopy Flying Ace type of picture and lists for 120 points but takes me to the stock car racing game for 400 points. I figure the deal is Days of Thunder for 400 points but I'm not sure why Snoopy is shown for 120 points.

They had Forza 3 stuff on sale not that long ago....grrrrrrrrrr! And if they're doing a racing theme do all major racing titles! What about GRID for instance?

Another crappy week, it's seriously like they're not even trying to impress people. At least if they're going to do crappy stuff do crappy stuff that hasn't been on sale before or at the very least within the past year.

They are also showing a Deal of the Week for Dance Central tracks under the Kinect section, but when you click it, it just takes you to the Call of Duty deals. The Call of Duty deals still appear to be live too.

[quote name='mxmarks']FINALLY BIG SURF ISLAND! Soooo excited![/QUOTE]

is the community for this game still alive? might pick this and a cheap copy up.

[quote name='dashrendar']There are only 2 reviews for it on metacritic and both are pretty bad[/QUOTE]

And it was released at 400 points? When was the last time a game got released that low?? (or is Xbox.com wrong?)

I'm in for Big Surf Island, just got back into Burnout and had bought points for it, but decided to wait a bit to see what arcade games where released, but this is a pleasant surprise.

Its looking like Days of Thunder is actually 400. I would have bit at 120 as it looks somewhat interesting. Don't think i can justify paying 400 for it though.

[quote name='JKSonic']They had Forza 3 stuff on sale not that long ago....grrrrrrrrrr! And if they're doing a racing theme do all major racing titles! What about GRID for instance?

Another crappy week, it's seriously like they're not even trying to impress people. At least if they're going to do crappy stuff do crappy stuff that hasn't been on sale before or at the very least within the past year.[/QUOTE]While I agree with both points of the first paragraph about forza being on sale before and more/other racing games should be included, I have to disagree with the second. It's not a monumental sale, but Big Surf Island has NEVER been this low as before its price drop it's sale price (which occurred once or twice at most) was it's current regular price. That's a real bargain on it. Plus, no NFS:HP stuff has been on sale before. It could include more stuff from NFS:HP/Burnout Paradise or other games like Shift or Grid, but at leaast a few new items are on sale and it's not a total rehash.

[quote name='garrett007']This is a good week for me! Big surf island, hot pursuit, and days for thunder for only 120 points! (I for some reason liked days of thunder)[/QUOTE]Rubbin's racin' Cole! Don't know about DoT, but I'm almost definitely getting BSI and the NFS:HP stuff. Need more points though as I used 800 of my 960 on the Rockstar Pass for LA Noire last night.

Looks like there's some RB country track packs on sale this week:
http://www.rockbandaide.com/12650/xbox-360-deal-of-the-week-cash-orbison-country-packs/

Alt Country Pack 01 680 MSP 440 MSP

• Steve Earle – Satellite Radio
  • Lucinda Williams – Can’t Let Go
  • Drive-By Truckers – 3 Dimes Down
  • Old 97′s – Time Bomb (Live)
  • Neko Case – People Got a Lotta Nerve
Going Country Pack 01 680 MSP 440 MSP

• Brad Paisley – Mud on the Tires
  • Brooks & Dunn – Hillbilly Deluxe
  • Dierks Bentley – Free and Easy
  • Dixie Chicks – Sin Wagon
  • Miranda Lambert – Gunpowder & Lead