Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

Huh, I stand corrected. Did they change that, or lol did I just have network issues the day I tried it. Yeah just played a skirmish of Supreme Commander 2 while offline. Awesome!

Side note, I couldn't understand why I would connect to Xbox Live, get update responses, and then see nothing new. Turns out a little google birdie told me that if you change your password this is what happens. Super dumb, it will not say re-enter your password, you just have to realize that's what's going on, sign out, and then back in re-entering your password. SMH This is of course figured out after a bunch of other useless troubleshooting steps I carried out. :wall:
A few weeks ago it kept saying I was offline even though I was signed in just fine. It would always error out saying services were unavailable. Turned out it was because I had turned on dual authentication. Signing out and signing back fixed it. Why not just prompt me for the code?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Everything is getting leaked. there's some leak screen shots of some of the games. Also do not click if you want to be surprised during E3.

Recore release date supposedly Sept 13 for the U.S.
HyD4nQn.jpg
recore1rnu48.jpg
Halo War 2
TrKHHVK.jpg

Titanfall 2

xwEGSIb.jpg
bdnn1hj.jpg
Q7AZYa6.jpg
1Dipzvt.jpg
Sylhivo.png

Dead Rising 4

sxhvaPP.jpg
dSsF1Dz.jpg
VXaM1SI.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Xbox One S announced, starting at $299.99 in August.
More importantly it plays 4K Blu-Ray discs and I believe that price will put it as one of the cheapest ways to get 4K Blu-Ray right now, if not the cheapest. This alone is a major selling point for me, I'll probably hold off because I want the upgraded hardware when it comes out, but man $300 for UHD movies is definitely tempting.

Man that new console looks good. Waiting for the real new thing next year though.

Liked everything so far aside from FF15. Not just because I'm not into Final Fantasy, but because I've seen much more appealing demos of it.

"Clubs" coming (similar to PS4 communities, probably)

"Looking for group" search coming (similar to beacons)

Some E-sports integration thing called Arena.

Custom background music being enabled in coming update.

Cross-platform Minecraft actually excites me.  I like playing on console, my kids play on their tablets so now we can play together.

Confirmed the more powerful console next year. They referred to it as Scorpio, that could change obviously.

I'll pre-order a Scorpio as soon as humanly possible. Solid showing from MS, nothing shocking though, we knew everything either from leaks or just being painfully obvious (Horizon 3). The new console strategy is smart, Xbox One Slim could take the Holiday this year with most gamers looking to pick up a second console this year. If I didn't already have a white Xbox One, I'd buy the S as soon as it dropped, sleek design and awesome that it's $300 and plays 4K Blu-Rays! 

I'll pre-order a Scorpio as soon as humanly possible. Solid showing from MS, nothing shocking though, we knew everything either from leaks or just being painfully obvious (Horizon 3). The new console strategy is smart, Xbox One Slim could take the Holiday this year with most gamers looking to pick up a second console this year. If I didn't already have a white Xbox One, I'd buy the S as soon as it dropped, sleek design and awesome that it's $300 and plays 4K Blu-Rays!
Speaking of knowing everything, on gaf the shows script was leaked an hour before the show.. it was crazy knowing exactly what was coming next.. and I said it in the xbl forum, not a whole lot of new game announcements, mostly just gameplay from last years announced games and games we already suspected were coming..

xbox s with 2 tb is 399 debating keeping org x1 wait for next year system unless gamestop does a good upgrade trade in deal like they did when 360 slim came out

Was there any news on the rumored Xbox streaming device? I'm probably the only person interested so I'm guessing not.

^^Nope

Only reason I'd see to get the S is if you really want a sorta-cheap 4k video player.

fuck, just realized no Crackdown 3. Wonder if they're just going to hold that now to be a showpiece for the Scorpio.

Was there any news on the rumored Xbox streaming device? I'm probably the only person interested so I'm guessing not.

Nah, but those types of devices seem very likely. I imagine something similar to the Amazon Fire Stick, but with even more focus on the gaming aspects and overall unity with the Xbox platform on both consoles and PC. I honestly am expecting a similar showing from Sony this evening with a lot focus on games we've known about, but haven't seen much game play for. I expect a couple of surprises from Sony and a lot of talk about VR, hopefully anyway, I have already bought into the PSVR so I really wanna see some games I will be playing this Fall when it launches.

Microsoft came out fairly strong as far as their press conference was concerned. They didn't knock it out of the park. But their messaging was on-point, they had some good news to deliver, and whatever bad news they had was "spun" in an appealing fashion. This is a much more controlled showing on Microsoft's part, far better than the fiasco they had for the Xbox One's launch.

The Xbox One S was one of the stand-out announcements. In just a few months they will have a revised hardware platform that has additional features to its predecessor, is considerably smaller, and competitively priced. That's the kind of "slim" model that the market will respond positively to. The S will be a strong focus for them to build their holiday sales plans around, and should help to boost the reach of the platform going into the next year. Well done on the new S model, Microsoft, pretty much no downside to that.

The Scorpio is a much bigger question mark. We don't have a price-point yet, and from the description of its power, it could quite possibly be VERY expensive. But kudos to Microsoft on their messaging around the Scorpio, emphasizing that it is an option, and an extension to the existing platform, as opposed to a successor. Insuring that games for one system will definitely work on the other will help to keep the S viable for the forseeable future. The low-cost alternative is where the real growth for a console usually occurs. The S, combined with a guarantee of compatibility, is insurance for Microsoft in case 4K and VR don't take off quite as quickly as hoped. This is good. Going all-in on a power-focused system would have been a huge mistake.

Overall, some encouraging moves on Microsoft's part. A solid press conference all around.

Sexy sexy console but I'll stick with mine atm because one, I'lll have nightmares thinking about transferring or downloading everything from my old xbox to the new one and two, I fully skinned mine so color makes no difference. Do like the added HDD from the start, new controller though. Very solid E3 so far (Sunday included).

A $200 Gears-themed Elite Controller WTF.  I was hoping for a Gears-themed console bleh.  I'm still on the fence about the controller.  I know the Elite controller is nice but damn ... $200 ...

A $200 Gears-themed Elite Controller WTF. I was hoping for a Gears-themed console bleh. I'm still on the fence about the controller. I know the Elite controller is nice but damn ... $200 ...
It's $50 more than the regular Elite? I was watching the press event while at work, so I had the sound off for the most part and the controller looked really cool, but as someone who already owns the Elite (it's worth $150 for sure, best controller I have ever used) I can't see myself getting this, but I am also not a big enough Gears fan to warrant it.

I have refused to buy an Xbox One because of it's anti-consumer BS policies.  Phil has done a lot to turn things around and I may actually buy a Scorpio next year.  I'll have to wait and see more about it, mostly its price.

Will the Xbox One S support VR tech, or is that exclusive to Scorpio? I asked the Xbox folks online, but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Will the Xbox One S support VR tech, or is that exclusive to Scorpio? I asked the Xbox folks online, but they haven't gotten back to me yet.
They didn't say anything about it. I presume no. Sony is claiming that the PS4 runs VR but they're putting out the Neo so that it actually runs in a functional way. Given that the XBO is weaker than the PS4, I don't see how it's possible.

They didn't say anything about it. I presume no. Sony is claiming that the PS4 runs VR but they're putting out the Neo so that it actually runs in a functional way. Given that the XBO is weaker than the PS4, I don't see how it's possible.
Your info is off. The PS4 can run VR fine. The VR comes with a processor box. All reports from e3 is the VR works great.

The timing of the Neo and Scorpio is (finally) something that should work in MS' favor. Probably not some earth-shattering game-changer, but MS has fallen behind so much that they needed this. They'll be able to sit back and watch what Sony does wrong when trying to sell an upgraded console to existing customers and correct anything they do wrong with their approach. If Sony offers no incentive for existing PS4 owners, MS can offer a reasonably generous trade in program. If they price it too high, MS can make sure they don't make that same mistake.

Basically the same thing Sony did to Microsoft at the E3 where the console prices were announced and all the always online/game sharing crap was going on...just stretched out over the next 18 months rather than a 5 hour window.

Hey CAG, I've been gone a while, but finally got the Xbox One since the prices were dipping so low. Picked up Fallout 4, what else do you think is a must have for the One that I've missed?

Hey CAG, I've been gone a while, but finally got the Xbox One since the prices were dipping so low. Picked up Fallout 4, what else do you think is a must have for the One that I've missed?
Personally the Triple A exclusives I'd recommend are Titanfall, Forza Motorsport 5, 6, and/or Forza Horizon 2, Halo 5: Guardians and/or Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Sunset Overdrive, Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider & Rare Replay. Ori & The Blind Forest, Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition, Rocket League, Killer Instinct, Child of LIght, Pinball FX 2, Trials Fusion are also good little "arcade" titles. Great multi-platform ones like you got Fallout 4, then Dragon Age: Inquisition, The WItcher 3, Dishonored Definitive Edition, Batman: Arkham Knight, Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare, Doom, Overwatch & GTA V. Happy Gaming.

Personally the Triple A exclusives I'd recommend are Titanfall, Forza Motorsport 5, 6, and/or Forza Horizon 2, Halo 5: Guardians and/or Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Sunset Overdrive, Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider & Rare Replay. Ori & The Blind Forest, Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition, Rocket League, Killer Instinct, Child of LIght, Pinball FX 2, Trials Fusion are also good little "arcade" titles. Great multi-platform ones like you got Fallout 4, then Dragon Age: Inquisition, The WItcher 3, Dishonored Definitive Edition, Batman: Arkham Knight, Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare, Doom, Overwatch & GTA V. Happy Gaming.
These are incorrectly listed as exclusives in your list: Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition, Rocket League, Child of LIght, Pinball FX 2, Trials Fusion, all but Rise of the Tomb Raider are currently on PS4 and it'll be there this fall.

Great list! Thank you for taking the time to make it.

These are incorrectly listed as exclusives in your list: Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition, Rocket League, Child of LIght, Pinball FX 2, Trials Fusion, all but Rise of the Tomb Raider are currently on PS4 and it'll be there this fall.
I stated Triple A exclusives and thus did not state the others were exclusives.

fuck_off_ryan_stiles.gif

Can't you be happy for umcthomas.

There is a period in there... Usually that is used to separate two thoughts.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-scorpio-getting-trade-in-programs-from-re/1100-6441638/?utm_source=gamefaqs&utm_medium=partner&utm_content=news_module&utm_campaign=homepage

How popular do you think these trade-in programs will be when the Scorpio comes out? Will it be hard to get one on release because a lot will be doing them plus people that are just buying them straight up no trading in or do you think supplies will be plentiful? I've never done a trade-in for a console before but definitely interested in doing it for the Scorpio since it's by all accounts an upgrade from my regular One.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-scorpio-getting-trade-in-programs-from-re/1100-6441638/?utm_source=gamefaqs&utm_medium=partner&utm_content=news_module&utm_campaign=homepage

How popular do you think these trade-in programs will be when the Scorpio comes out? Will it be hard to get one on release because a lot will be doing them plus people that are just buying them straight up no trading in or do you think supplies will be plentiful? I've never done a trade-in for a console before but definitely interested in doing it for the Scorpio since it's by all accounts an upgrade from my regular One.
Should be easy to manufacture since its just a PC really. Wont really know how fast this will move till we get a price point. If this thing is $600-$1000+ they wont move all that fast.

Let's see if anyone can answer this for me. I Have 2 XBONEs one has gold we'll call this living room the other we'll call this sons does not have gold. I made him an account on sons xbox set it as home logged in with living room gold account and he can now download and play all my digital titles on sons xbox while logged into sons account. GREAT! Here's my problem he purchased some games on sons account and I can't download them or see them on living room xbox so it's like the sharing only works one way. Why is this?

Let's see if anyone can answer this for me. I Have 2 XBONEs one has gold we'll call this living room the other we'll call this sons does not have gold. I made him an account on sons xbox set it as home logged in with living room gold account and he can now download and play all my digital titles on sons xbox while logged into sons account. GREAT! Here's my problem he purchased some games on sons account and I can't download them or see them on living room xbox so it's like the sharing only works one way. Why is this?
Actually little bit confused by your wording... So here's a quick breakdown.

A is living room and A is your account
B is son's room and B is son's account.

A account should have home set on B console
B account should have home set on A console

Everything downloaded under account A will be playable on system B. Everything on account B will be playable on system A.

The primary doesn't have to be logged in to play it. However say you have a third account C. C will not be able to play A's purchases on A console unless A is logged in as well.

Actually little bit confused by your wording... So here's a quick breakdown.

A is living room and A is your account
B is son's room and B is son's account.

A account should have home set on B console
B account should have home set on A console

Everything downloaded under account A will be playable on system B. Everything on account B will be playable on system A.

The primary doesn't have to be logged in to play it. However say you have a third account C. C will not be able to play A's purchases on A console unless A is logged in as well.
OK I think that's the problem I don't have B account set as home on A console don't know why I didn't think of that. Will try later and post results. Thanks for the tip. It would be so much easier if they let us add more than one console as home.

Can you change this? How frequently?

To be specific- my girlfriend and I love Overwatch and a friend who has an Xbone he doesn't use is letting us borrow it so that we can play together.

I've only ever had one Xbox one (so I guess that's my "home" box?)

If we buy Overwatch digitally on my Xbox and then I log into my friends Xbox can I play it there (since I own it)? Also will my girlfriend still be able to access gold and the game from my Xbox since it's the "home" box?

I think that makes sense, I just want to verify before I do the physical trade in/digital purchase

Can you change this? How frequently?

To be specific- my girlfriend and I love Overwatch and a friend who has an Xbone he doesn't use is letting us borrow it so that we can play together.

I've only ever had one Xbox one (so I guess that's my "home" box?)

If we buy Overwatch digitally on my Xbox and then I log into my friends Xbox can I play it there (since I own it)? Also will my girlfriend still be able to access gold and the game from my Xbox since it's the "home" box?

I think that makes sense, I just want to verify before I do the physical trade in/digital purchase
You are correct. Buy it under your account and then sign in on your friend's system and re-download it and both of you will be able to play.

As for times you can change it, I'm not 100% sure but I think it is 3 times a year. I know on PS4 it is only once a year.

EDIT: Just looked on xbox.com. 3 times in a rolling year.

bread's done
Back