Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

[quote name="eastx" post="12181904" timestamp="1414169274"]If anyone is wondering, Master Chief Collection lets you start playing when it gets to 25% downloaded/installed or so. The Halo 4 campaign finishes first, followed by Halo 1. You can also start local multiplayer games before the full thing is finished (online multiplayer is not available before the patch, which is not out yet). Not totally positive on split-screen actually being an option, but I didn't mess around with it too much.[/quote]
Please do find out about split screen! I love couch Co-op! :D

Man I wish tuesday would hurry up I want my x1 so badly.  But, should I get forza horizon 2 now with the best buy gcu offer for $30 or should I get my christmas shopping over and buy smash brothers and wait for bf to see if there is a good deal on forza?

Looks like the Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Bundle is dropping to $450. Three retailers (Walmart, Target and Best Buy) have that price listed in their weekly ad's for the launch and I imagine more retailers will lower it as well.

Personally I think at $450 it's a better deal than the Sunset Overdrive Bundle. For $50 more you get double the internal storage, and a system that will arguably be more "Limited" (Since I'm sure we will see a standalone white console). Not to mention if you don't want the Digital Code I imagine Call Of Duty will sell faster and for more than the SSO code will.

Looks like the Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Bundle is dropping to $450. Three retailers (Walmart, Target and Best Buy) have that price listed in their weekly ad's for the launch and I imagine more retailers will lower it as well.

Personally I think at $450 it's a better deal than the Sunset Overdrive Bundle. For $50 more you get double the internal storage, and a system that will arguably be more "Limited" (Since I'm sure we will see a standalone white console). Not to mention if you don't want the Digital Code I imagine Call Of Duty will sell faster and for more than the SSO code will.
Great price. Problem is the Call of Duty console is so gaudy compared to the white console. I don't know how the average COD fan feels about the design, but I find it way too busy visually.

[quote name="eastx" post="12182374" timestamp="1414181066"]Great price. Problem is the Call of Duty console is so gaudy compared to the white console. I don't know how the average COD fan feels about the design, but I find it way too busy visually.[/quote]
I am not a huge fan of Call of Duty, but I like the color scheme. Seems like the podcasts I listen to are pretty evenly split. Love it or hate, there doesn't seem to be much middle ground.

But, I'd rather have sunset overddrive seeing how COD overstayed it's welcome with me shortly after mw2. I don't really need the extra storage and even if I did i have 3 external harddrives lying around one of them is like 560gb that I took out of my ps3 before selling it. Even if I need 1tb I can probably find a deal on one for $70 or so and replace it myself if need be.

More Xbox One Twitch streaming events from yours truly:

• Saturday the 25th - Zombie Driver: Ultimate Edition (win games!)
  • Tuesday the 28th - Sunset Overdrive
  • Wednesday the 29th - Halo: the Master Chief Collection (Halo and Halo 2)(win prizes!)
  • Thursday the 30th - Halo: the Master Chief Collection (Halo 3 and Halo 4)(win prizes!)
See this post for full details.

I am not a huge fan of Call of Duty, but I like the color scheme. Seems like the podcasts I listen to are pretty evenly split. Love it or hate, there doesn't seem to be much middle ground.
Yeah the colors themselves are fine. It's more the actual designs that put me off. Interesting to hear about the split in opinions on it!

More Xbox One Twitch streaming events from yours truly:

• Wednesday the 29th - Halo: the Master Chief Collection (Halo and Halo 2)(win prizes!)
  • Thursday the 30th - Halo: the Master Chief Collection (Halo 3 and Halo 4)(win prizes!)
i'll be watching these two for sure.

For anyone that's been waiting for a deal on an external, here's one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WD-My-Passport-Ultra-1-5-TB-Portable-External-Hard-Drive-USB-3-0-Bus-Powered/390953360252?pt=US_External_Hard_Disk_Drives&hash=item5b06a2db7c

1.5 TB for $65

Did they get rid of those challenge achievements, the ones with no gamerscore associated with them. I dont see them under the achievements tab on the dashboard anymore

Fiddled around with the custom backgrounds and I think I have a winner.

20141024_212923-SMILE.jpg

Glad to get personality back into the Xbox UI.

The Sunset Overdrive X1 is a nice looking console... I'll give it that. I have one preorderd on Amazon but where are people getting theirs? Are there going to be units available for purchase in stores on release (sans preorder)? I have a kid brother who is looking at getting one but I don't know where to send him as it looks like a lot of places are sold out / not taking preorders

The Sunset Overdrive X1 is a nice looking console... I'll give it that. I have one preorderd on Amazon but where are people getting theirs? Are there going to be units available for purchase in stores on release (sans preorder)? I have a kid brother who is looking at getting one but I don't know where to send him as it looks like a lot of places are sold out / not taking preorders
Keep checking the Amazon page. There should be more instock as it get closer to release date as people cancel or have their payment denied.

Mines been preordered at bestbuy for over a month. They better have it on tuesday because I'm pretty dang sick of waiting.

Sent you a request, RBK. Thanks.

Should finally be able to get back to actually using my console next week after things die down at work and Sunset and Lords come in. It's an exciting time. 

EA Access question: Why am I not unlocking achievements in NBA Live 15? Achievements functioned normally in the early access versions of Madden and NHL.

Fifa 15 ain't in ea access is it? I already own the digital copy on ps4 and would hate to buy another full priced copy but I have a feeling I'll break another r2 if I continue playing on ps4 and I'm gonna get peggle 2 anyway on the x1 because it seems like perfect game to play during nfl commercials

you need to get NFL redzone. No commercials.

Fifa 15 ain't in ea access is it? I already own the digital copy on ps4 and would hate to buy another full priced copy but I have a feeling I'll break another r2 if I continue playing on ps4 and I'm gonna get peggle 2 anyway on the x1 because it seems like perfect game to play during nfl commercials

But then it ain't live.
Redzone is live, it just takes you to the game where a team is in the 'red zone' or just about to score. Sometimes if there is a defensive pick 6 or a kickoff/punt return they may have to show a replay but it's live for the most part.

Usually I watch the Bears game live and switch to Redzone when there is a commercial, when there is no Bears game on I watch Redzone the whole time. It's the greatest thing ever IMO :D/

Redzone is live, it just takes you to the game where a team is in the 'red zone' or just about to score. Sometimes if there is a defensive pick 6 or a kickoff/punt return they may have to show a replay but it's live for the most part.

Usually I watch the Bears game live and switch to Redzone when there is a commercial, when there is no Bears game on I watch Redzone the whole time. It's the greatest thing ever IMO :D/
Especially for fantasy football.

nfl network now does pretty much free version of redzone att uverse only has redzone in 8 doller month hd tier package. all you need on sunday is nfl app on xbox one which shows stats and nfl network.

Just found Major Nelson's post on a How to for Custom Backgrounds, http://majornelson.com/2014/10/22/heres-make-xbox-one-background/

and then there's a subbreddit category already lol. http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxthemes

A few that I made a few days ago (haven't made any today, been in the woods and then watchin' college football :p).

Fallout Nuka Cola Xbox One Theme

20141024_213052.jpg

C&C 3 GDI Xbox One Theme

20141024_213457.jpg

Gaming Characters Xbox One Theme

20141024_222816.jpg

Mirror's Edge Xbox One Theme

20141024_212923.jpg

I don't like that you have to be online to change your background, but what else isn't tied up like that with this system lol. Now that I know the template I should get some good ones, maybe make one for Sunset and DA.

None of my Xbox games will load!  Saw a video online that says I need to unplug the Xbox and let it do a full reboot... I hope that works.  I just want to play some Forza Horizon! 

I like that you can use the achievement images for backgrounds on Xbox One, but now I need XB1 devs to create good art for them instead of just generic frames for a simple image like for Guacamelee and Minecraft. I resorted to using the art for The Promise achievement from LocoCycle that is a dumb live action picture of some devs. Strike Suit Zero at least seems to have some neat space shots for its achievement art, so maybe I'll play more of that.

I'm surprised you can't set backgrounds for each tab on the dashboard.

Yeah at first I had used an achievement background from Pinball FX 2, the Robot Attack one from Earth Defense. I agree, like the backgrounds for the Forza 5 achievements, they're all like clip art.

You should have the option to completely turn off the X1; right now it just goes into standby (which I didn't know).
Umm it has always had option in settings under power since launch to either go in stand by or 100 percent off.? I do agree it should be option when you turn system off but it's always been option in setting

don't know i anyone that has 360 was going to buy gta san andreas remake  out but it's only 3.74 right now. My guess is it's either a mistake or on sale for limited time

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm it has always had option in settings under power since launch to either go in stand by or 100 percent off.? I do agree it should be option when you turn system off but it's always been option in setting
I have no clue where things are on the Xbox UI. I need to watch a tutorial on all the features.

There's a setting in the options somewhere. Pick it if you like ~45 second startup times. ;)
Thanks for the warning...I'll leave it like it is.

My Master Chief Collection install has been a mess. I figured there must have been something wrong since it's been installing for nearly a week now. The download has constantly reset back to 34% whenever it gets over 50%. 

When I decided to cancel it and try again the logo turned black and nothing would work and then my system froze up for a bit. Finally had to pull the plug and now it's back to installing so we'll see how it goes.

Hope I don't have to get a retail copy because I really want to dive into this at midnight.

bread's done
Back