Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

Thank god I can finally get those damn 360 Games With Gold Games on the One.

Sony has the same fuck ing problem. If I want all the PS+ games, I need to go on my web browser to the PSN store and do it from there. I would have to either do that or launch 2 different systems to get my games. I know I can't play PS3 games on the PS4 but it's still an inconvenience, especially since I would have to re route HDMI cables.

I acknowledge that that's inconvenient as well but my point is, any game that is playable on that particular system should be purchaseable on that system. I can't play *for instance* Mass Effect 2 on my ps4 so I understand why I can't purchase it there. I can play GTA San Andreas on the ps4, and so it is purchaseable there. I want to play Braid on my xbox one. It is eligible to play on my xbox one. And yet, I cannot play it on my xbox one, because I cannot purchase it on my xbox one. yes, I understand it's a previous generation game, but I have no access to a previous generation system, so i'm out of luck *and I was told this by an xbox customer service representative*. Far as new customers goes, this is pretty exclusionary, don't you think?

And yes, I know it can be bought from the website, but I have funds in my xbox account and don't wish to use a credit card to do so, I want to use my rightfully redeemed xbox currency to do so. I'm only 2 months in to the xbox experience and am sorely disappointed by what I see so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I acknowledge that that's inconvenient as well but my point is, any game that is playable on that particular system should be purchaseable on that system. I can't play *for instance* Mass Effect 2 on my ps4 so I understand why I can't purchase it there. I can play GTA San Andreas on the ps4, and so it is purchaseable there. I want to play Braid on my xbox one. It is eligible to play on my xbox one. And yet, I cannot play it on my xbox one, because I cannot purchase it on my xbox one. yes, I understand it's a previous generation game, but I have no access to a previous generation system, so i'm out of luck *and I was told this by an xbox customer service representative*. Far as new customers goes, this is pretty exclusionary, don't you think?
Not really, considering the feature came out recently with a major dashboard update. Considering it's coming now, I'm not judging them too harshly. Especially seeing as I can purchase the games using the Xbox one now, just not the built in store.

And yes, I know it can be bought from the website, but I have funds in my xbox account and don't wish to use a credit card to do so, I want to use my rightfully redeemed xbox currency to do so. I'm only 2 months in to the xbox experience and am sorely disappointed by what I see so far.
You can't pay with Xbox Credit from the website? I thought it was a option?

But only for Xbox One games. Not for Xbox 360 unless they recently fixed it.
X1 games, yes, 360 games, no. To purchase with XBL funds for 360 games, has to be done on the 360 console. Unless the upcoming update for the X1 that allows to buy 360 games fixes that issue.

That's disappointing.  Guess the chance for an X1 redo of F1 - F3 is also gone as well.

Fable Legends seemed like an interesting possibility, though we won't know at this point.

That's disappointing. Guess the chance for an X1 redo of F1 - F3 is also gone as well.

Fable Legends seemed like an interesting possibility, though we won't know at this point.
I don't think and I hope that the Fable IP isn't dead.. I imagine outsourcing to Platinum or some other studio could be on the table..

They are also closing Press Play Studios which were responsible for the "Max" games, sad news as I really enjoyed Max: The Curse of Brotherhood..

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think and I hope that the Fable IP isn't dead.. I imagine outsourcing to Platinum or some other studio could be on the table..

They are also closing Press Play Studios which were responsible for the "Max" games, sad news as I really enjoyed Max: The Curse of Brotherhood..
We'll have to see what happens with the Fable IP then. Hopefully someone will pick it up.

In other news:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-should-you-upgrade-your-xbox-one-with-an-ssd

I ended up buying a 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD and a USB enclosure for it. Moved a number of games over to it, have been trying it out to see how it's been working. In my limited testing, it's mixed results, like the Eurogamer article.

Still have my 4TB WD My Book on my X1, just move games from the 4TB to the SSD that I'm playing at the time.

X1 games, yes, 360 games, no. To purchase with XBL funds for 360 games, has to be done on the 360 console. Unless the upcoming update for the X1 that allows to buy 360 games fixes that issue.
It didn't. Can now purchase backwards compatible games on the console but only with a credit card. I'm sorry I ever bought this fucking machine!

What worries me about Microsoft shutting down two more studios is that Microsoft Game Studios (imo) is what made Xbox successful in the first place. They've shut down some really good ones, including Ensemble Studios, and I don't really know if they're planning on replacing them. I'm not sure how I'd feel if they finally shut down Rare. 

Hopefully they prove me wrong. I guess Lionhead was on the chopping block anyway since the head people had either already left or were leaving after Fable Legends anyway. I'd love a new proper Fable game, but I kind of doubt that's going to happen now. 

With E3 close, I'm looking forward to them either releasing an Xbox One redesign or at least one with a matte finish. Right now that glossiness is what's holding me off. That and a lack of Quantum Break.

It didn't. Can now purchase backwards compatible games on the console but only with a credit card. I'm sorry I ever bought this fucking machine!
You're sorry you bought a machine that added additional features it didn't have at the time you decided to buy it?

Assistant: People aren't buying our machine!
Phil Spencer: Let's add more features at no charge!
Assistant: Now they are complaining about the features we added!
Phil: FML...

Interesting note: buying 360 games on Xbox One appears to be built directly off the website interface. It's skinned slightly differently and matches the website. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that added functionality will be coming down the road.

You're sorry you bought a machine that added additional features it didn't have at the time you decided to buy it?

Assistant: People aren't buying our machine!
Phil Spencer: Let's add more features at no charge!
Assistant: Now they are complaining about the features we added!
Phil: FML...
It did have it at the time I bought it. Backwards compatibility was one of the reasons I decided to give it a shot 2 months ago

So are all of the Xbox Ones matte now or just certain black ones? I'd like the Quantum Break one since it comes with a game I want, but it's white.

Although I still may just wait for E3 to make sure that there isn't a redesign right around the corner.

The Forza console is half matte/half gloss.  Fortunately, the glossy part of the top is the vented area, so any scratching is indistinguishable.  The unvented part is matte.

So are all of the Xbox Ones matte now or just certain black ones? I'd like the Quantum Break one since it comes with a game I want, but it's white.

Although I still may just wait for E3 to make sure that there isn't a redesign right around the corner.
That's what I'm doing as well.

Xbox One S, anyone?

It did have it at the time I bought it. Backwards compatibility was one of the reasons I decided to give it a shot 2 months ago
Your complaint was about being able to buy the 360 games on Xbox One. Until recently that feature wasn't there. If that feature means as much as you seem to indicate now you never should have bought it in the first place.

Your complaint was about being able to buy the 360 games on Xbox One. Until recently that feature wasn't there. If that feature means as much as you seem to indicate now you never should have bought it in the first place.
I know it wasn't there, I decided to buy the fucking machine because of the feature. The update just brought the process a half step closer. You always could purchase on the console by using the browser to go to xbox.Com. Now buying through the console basically brings you the same options. Doesn't matter anymore, I'm packing it up right now and bringing it back to the store. I don't even care that my account has a $25 card sitting untouched in it, it's doing me just as much good without a console as it is with one. fuck Xbox One!

I know it wasn't there, I decided to buy the fucking machine because of the feature. The update just brought the process a half step closer. You always could purchase on the console by using the browser to go to xbox.Com. Now buying through the console basically brings you the same options. Doesn't matter anymore, I'm packing it up right now and bringing it back to the store. I don't even care that my account has a $25 card sitting untouched in it, it's doing me just as much good without a console as it is with one. fuck Xbox One!
Lol

I guess everyone gets to vote with their dollar in their own special ways, since they're ever so special. :dunce:

Noticed Gamestop.com has accessories for the Elite Controller, a Halo pack for $50. Included colored paddles and pads. I'd maybe consider it at $20, thats crazy high at $50.

Did anyone recently receive a promotional e-mail from Microsoft titled "Get $2 on us towards incredible gaming moments"?

In the message I received, the details state that it is a promotional code and must be redeemed, but there was no promotional code included in the message nor was the $2 credit already applied to my Microsoft account. It's not a big deal as it is only $2, but I can't help but feel that I'm overlooking something in the message. Anyone have a similar issue or have a solution?

Did anyone recently receive a promotional e-mail from Microsoft titled "Get $2 on us towards incredible gaming moments"?

In the message I received, the details state that it is a promotional code and must be redeemed, but there was no promotional code included in the message nor was the $2 credit already applied to my Microsoft account. It's not a big deal as it is only $2, but I can't help but feel that I'm overlooking something in the message. Anyone have a similar issue or have a solution?
I did a week or so ago. It had one of the 25 digit codes I had to enter at the top in a white box.

I did as well, entered the code and got the $2 applied but didn't buy any of the games..

Some huge announcements today. Cross platform play? Insert the Neo sounding "Woah" here.

Rocket League will be the first XO game supporting it.

I did a week or so ago. It had one of the 25 digit codes I had to enter at the top in a white box.
Thanks for the information.

uBlock Origin blocked the white box from appearing in the e-mail. I never would have thought to disable it without knowing to look for a code contained within that box. I'll have to keep that in mind for the future. Now to upgrade Ori!

I have a question, maybe someone can help about headsets.

So I was recently given a pair of Turtle Beach X42's. Now the bluetooth wireless dongle doesn't work which is why I was given them (they bought a new pair instead of replacing the dongle and I have no cables for it just the headset+boom mic). Basically I want to get this working with the xone (no bluetooth dongle, just wired). I do own the chat pad adapter for xone (since I own the Microsoft branded headset).

What cables would I need to get this running. Just the PS4 talkback cable?

Also to get it working on PC would I just need to buy that PC audio cable turtle beach sells?

Thanks.

I have a question, maybe someone can help about headsets.

So I was recently given a pair of Turtle Beach X42's. Now the bluetooth wireless dongle doesn't work which is why I was given them (they bought a new pair instead of replacing the dongle and I have no cables for it just the headset+boom mic). Basically I want to get this working with the xone (no bluetooth dongle, just wired). I do own the chat pad adapter for xone (since I own the Microsoft branded headset).

What cables would I need to get this running. Just the PS4 talkback cable?

Also to get it working on PC would I just need to buy that PC audio cable turtle beach sells?

Thanks.
https://support.turtlebeach.com/entry/830517530/

According to this article, your idea seems to be it.

Got a question. Have an X1 that I'm thinking of trading in and have my games on an external hard drive. If I do that and keep the external drive, when I get a new one (want to get the 1 TB one) will my games work right away (once I sign into the new one)?

And what do I need to do to the old one to get it ready?

Got a question. Have an X1 that I'm thinking of trading in and have my games on an external hard drive. If I do that and keep the external drive, when I get a new one (want to get the 1 TB one) will my games work right away (once I sign into the new one)?

I don't know for sure, but I would assume the games would remain on the drive and once you connect the new Xbox One to your Live account the games would become available to be played. You definitely can re-download any digital games you own though regardless.

At Microsoft's conference today, they announced that the Development Mode is finally coming to the XBox One. It will finally be possible for retail XBox One consoles to be used as development boxes. (for launching and testing in-development software)

This feature was promised a long, long time ago. Having it arrive after so long is a bit of a missed opportunity for Microsoft. Still, better late than never. I was actually planning on ramping up some of my hobby game dev projects in the near future. Being able to test them out on my XBox One would be a lot of fun. I'm definitely looking forward to taking this new feature for a spin.

Yes. When they announced extremely dosage support they said you could take it anywhere, sign in, and play your games of the drive.

Just do a factory reset on the settings. I'm not sure if this will wipe connected devices too so you may want to remove your drive first.

At Microsoft's conference today, they announced that the Development Mode is finally coming to the XBox One. It will finally be possible for retail XBox One consoles to be used as development boxes. (for launching and testing in-development software)

This feature was promised a long, long time ago. Having it arrive after so long is a bit of a missed opportunity for Microsoft. Still, better late than never. I was actually planning on ramping up some of my hobby game dev projects in the near future. Being able to test them out on my XBox One would be a lot of fun. I'm definitely looking forward to taking this new feature for a spin.
This is the most exciting thing from their conference. This finally gives me the opportunity to make some Xbox One apps without buying a separate development kit.

bread's done
Back