XBOX360 Price Drops for all versions - $449/$349/$279 - Premiums Now Sporting HDMI

DX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Official Press Release:

...Family of Consoles
Xbox 360 will enhance the value of its entire family of consoles beginning on August 8. At a new price of $349.99, Xbox 360 offers an unsurpassed experience right out of the box with a 20 GB hard drive, Wireless Controller, Xbox 360 Headset, and more.

If you're looking for the ultimate value and the freedom to customize your console as you see fit, Xbox 360 Core System now has an estimated retail price of $279.99. Xbox 360 Core System provides everything you need to hit the ground running, while giving you the ability to expand with new features and accessories you want.

Dressed in black and equipped with a 120GB hard drive, Xbox 360 Elite will be priced at $449.99 if you want the premium games and entertainment experience.

In anticipation of this year's largest blockbuster game launch, the Xbox 360 Halo 3 Special Edition Console will hit store shelves in September with a price of $399.99. Featuring an authentic Spartan green-and-gold finish, this console includes a matching Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, 20GB hard drive, Xbox 360 Headset, 360 Play & Charge Kit, and more.
Full Press Release: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2007/0806-consoleprice.htm
LinkinPrime Edit

Circuit City confirms price drop on all 3 versions:

ccproof.jpg

Elite - $449.99
Premium - $349.99
Core - $279.99
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/07/31/circuit-city-ad-confirms-360-price-drop-on-all-models/

Wal Mart ad
rollbackyo2.jpg

CheapyD Edit: It appears this image originated from Sith Ninja at Modojo

Not "huge" but $50 is $50.

Thanks to Ugamer X for the picture:

Toys R Us Ad

via ugamer and zoo

What the, What the fuck. They Halo edition will be $400 bucks.

Those fuckers. Well those bastards just lost a sale. $50 bucks extra for a HDMI port and a play and charge kit. Puh-LEESE

[quote name='SonicPower']Confirmed.[/QUOTE]
I don't think that word means what you think it means. "Confirmed" means corroborated from multiple independent sources, not the same guy saying it over and over.

How are they preventing piracy? What happens if I recover my account on everyone I know's 360 and redownload my games? Seems awfully unlikely they're going to allow that without a specific license/de-license process.

[quote name='Damian']I don't think that word means what you think it means. "Confirmed" means corroborated from multiple independent sources, not the same guy saying it over and over.

How are they preventing piracy? What happens if I recover my account on everyone I know's 360 and redownload my games? Seems awfully unlikely they're going to allow that without a specific license/de-license process.[/quote] You can only play it offline in your profile.

No other profile can access it.

If you guys doubt me, just try it on your friend's 360. I've done it many times.

[quote name='SonicPower']You can only play it offline in your profile.
No other profile can access it.[/QUOTE]
That's completely different, and not very helpful. When you originally buy a game, any profile on that console can play it. This is critical for couples/families/anyone who shares a console.

That seems like a fair enough system (though an actual authorize/deauthorize system seems more logical).

Can anyone find an official statement about it?

Microsoft ought to really promote this feature if it's for real. HUGE advantage against Nintendo and Sony IMO (as if the cheaper hardware* and better libraries were enough).

*Yeah, I'm going to call modern hadrware for $350 (or possibly less) a hell of a lot cheaper than a Gamecube + 50% for $250 [Raises eyebrow]

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']What the, What the fuck. They Halo edition will be $400 bucks.

Those fuckers. Well those bastards just lost a sale. $50 bucks extra for a HDMI port and a play and charge kit. Puh-LEESE[/QUOTE]
It's a custom paint job for the console, the controller, the headset, the play and charge. :whistle2:?

They could have charged $500 and they'd still sell out. These 360s will only rise in value.

[quote name='Damian']That's completely different, and not very helpful. When you originally buy a game, any profile on that console can play it. This is critical for couples/families/anyone who shares a console.[/quote]

Well, I guess I can't speak for families then.

I thought people usually just toss around the controller and don't need to sign out of profiles just to play a xbox live arcade game.

[quote name='SonicPower']Well, I guess I can't speak for families then.

I thought people usually just toss around the controller and don't need to sign out of profiles just to play a xbox live arcade game.[/QUOTE]
They need points, MAN!!!

This is about about the nerd points!!

[quote name='Wolfpup']
Can anyone find an official statement about it?
[/QUOTE]

You should really make a drinking game. I'd be legally dead if I had to take a shot for everytime you've said that.

Was in Target today, and they already had the price drop signed and in effect, although they had no 360's in stock (not even cores).

^^ Huh? Canada actually gets a larger price drop, at least given the exchange rate.

I expect GS to get their promo materials for the price drop tomorrow--hopefully they'll also have some info on pre-ordering the Halo 3 console.

Notification today on the Wal Mart WIRE( WM intranet ) that the Core will not be available to the stores till November. Some stores have existing stock but no new stock incoming at this time.

[quote name='SonicPower']You can only play it offline in your profile.

No other profile can access it.

If you guys doubt me, just try it on your friend's 360. I've done it many times.[/quote]

I hadn't heard that it changed, thanks for the info.

As others have said: it still isn't the same though because you have to be logged in to the profile that downloaded it (which wasn't necessary to begin with). For those of us who have multiple people in the household (like my kids) who have seperate achievement lists, etc., this still doesn't work.

[quote name='DX']Notification today on the Wal Mart WIRE( WM intranet ) that the Core will not be available to the stores till November. Some stores have existing stock but no new stock incoming at this time.[/quote]

This could be a sign that the redesign (all SKU's having HDMI) could be coming. There were rumors that the core is listed as "discontinued" at both Target and Best Buy also. Could just be that they are clearing out the inventory for the newer model.

If the rumors are correct, the weird thing about this is having 2 price drops within a few months of each other. Has this ever happened before with any console?

[quote name='zewone']It's a custom paint job for the console, the controller, the headset, the play and charge. :whistle2:?

They could have charged $500 and they'd still sell out. These 360s will only rise in value.[/QUOTE]

Paint is paint. wtf they charging extra for fucking paint. If they aren't willing to eat the cost for paint well fuck them. Where the hell are we, in the age of the model T?

I was thinking they'd go to $380 but $400. Jeze louise. And what if they do, say in November, release a $350 version of the premium with an HDMI port. Then you just spent $50 on a play and charge kit and a spiffy paint job. And if I get my 360 painted, I want it to look helper in Dia de Los Dangerous!

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Paint is paint. wtf they charging extra for fucking paint. If they aren't willing to eat the cost for paint well fuck them. Where the hell are we, in the age of the model T?

I was thinking they'd go to $380 but $400. Jeze louise. And what if they do, say in November, release a $350 version of the premium with an HDMI port. Then you just spent $50 on a play and charge kit and a spiffy paint job. And if I get my 360 painted, I want it to look helper in Dia de Los Dangerous![/QUOTE]

You pay extra for special colors on autos, no difference here. I'm sure a ton of people will fork over the extra dough so you don't have to.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Paint is paint. wtf they charging extra for fucking paint. If they aren't willing to eat the cost for paint well fuck them. Where the hell are we, in the age of the model T?

I was thinking they'd go to $380 but $400. Jeze louise. And what if they do, say in November, release a $350 version of the premium with an HDMI port. Then you just spent $50 on a play and charge kit and a spiffy paint job. And if I get my 360 painted, I want it to look helper in Dia de Los Dangerous![/quote]
You're paying the extra $50 vs a Premium for the addition of the Play & Charge Kit, HDMI port, Halo 3 LE Theme, Halo 3 LE Gamerpics, and I guess LE paint job. Like Cochese said, if you don't want to... you don't have to, surely there's a market for them, just read the posts.

I was thinking they'd go to $380 but $400. Jeze louise. And what if they do, say in November, release a $350 version of the premium with an HDMI port. Then you just spent $50 on a play and charge kit and a spiffy paint job. And if I get my 360 painted, I want it to look helper in Dia de Los Dangerous![/quote]
Supposedly, they might be:
http://arstechnica.com/journals/thu...s-with-hdmi-an-inside-source-spills-the-beans

my main complaint about the Halo system (other than that it's baby shit green), is that it doesn't come with the freaking game. how basic is that? I hate that there aren't pack-ins these days. They would fly off the shelves at light speed if halo 3 were packed in. The game is going to sell more copies than the GDP of all the world's 3rd world countries combined, a pack in won't hurt its momentum.

anyway, as soon as I can get 100% confirmation that the 65nm chip is in the elite, I'll make the switch.

[quote name='Apossum']my main complaint about the Halo system (other than that it's baby shit green), is that it doesn't come with the freaking game. how basic is that? I hate that there aren't pack-ins these days. They would fly off the shelves at light speed if halo 3 were packed in. The game is going to sell more copies than the GDP of all the world's 3rd world countries combined, a pack in won't hurt its momentum.

anyway, as soon as I can get 100% confirmation that the 65nm chip is in the elite, I'll make the switch.[/QUOTE]
MS guy said they didn't pack in the game because of the 3 varations of Halo 3. They thought it would be better to let the customer decide.

[quote name='zewone']MS guy said they didn't pack in the game because of the 3 varations of Halo 3. They thought it would be better to let the customer decide.[/QUOTE]

you can't even wear the helmet. decision made. ;)

I'm not one to talk about paying extra for paint jobs though-- the black console is a big factor for me getting an elite.

I was at Best Buy tonight and noticed that they pack Top Spin 2 into the consoles box. Is this a Best Buy exclusive box since Circuit City is giving away Table Tennis? Also, anyone know if Table Tennis is an in the box giveaway as well? Thanks.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']I was at Best Buy tonight and noticed that they pack Top Spin 2 into the consoles box. Is this a Best Buy exclusive box since Circuit City is giving away Table Tennis? Also, anyone know if Table Tennis is an in the box giveaway as well? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
It's not an exclusive. Top Spin 2 seems to be in every newer premium box.

[quote name='zewone']MS guy said they didn't pack in the game because of the 3 varations of Halo 3. They thought it would be better to let the customer decide.[/quote]

If a HALO fan was going to drop the coin on a new HALO ][][][ SE Xbox 360, then I am sure they would want the Legendary Edition as well at a discounted price. I am not getting either so don't really care. Just the standard version for me.

[quote name='zewone']It's not an exclusive. Top Spin 2 seems to be in every newer premium box.[/QUOTE]

Alright, cool. So the deal at Circuit City could include free Top Spin 2 and free Table Tennis?

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Alright, cool. So the deal at Circuit City could include free Top Spin 2 and free Table Tennis?[/QUOTE]
Aw damn, I got confused. I meant Table Tennis. Sorry.

[quote name='kevlar51']Wow, Costco only dropped their premium bundle price $30. It's now cheaper to get all of the components separately.[/quote]

Yeah, it's not the best deal but they have the best warranty, LIFETIME!!! FTW

I wouldn't buy it from any other place.

[quote name='gunm']^^ Huh? Canada actually gets a larger price drop, at least given the exchange rate.

I expect GS to get their promo materials for the price drop tomorrow--hopefully they'll also have some info on pre-ordering the Halo 3 console.[/QUOTE]

A larger price drop, but the dollar is the weakest it's been in 15 years relative to other currencies. CAD1 is exchangeable to $0.95, so the US price for the 360, using CAD, is *very* enticing at the moment.

[quote name='eLiNeS']Yeah, it's not the best deal but they have the best warranty, LIFETIME!!! FTW

I wouldn't buy it from any other place.[/quote]

Absolutely. But I bought mine from there a month ago and was hoping for a better drop when I go for my price match!

being an informed consumer has cost me multiple months of enjoyable gametime. I'm still waiting for the 65nm chips. At this point, I might as well wait a bit longer and see what the holidays have to offer.

I still have a significant backlog of Xbox and GC games, so it's not all bad :)

zewone, I was reading on one of those video game websites and there was a quote from some Microsoft guy saying to not expect to walk into any old store and get the Table Tennis one, as it's CC exclusive. Hmm.

I called up GameCrazy a few days ago and they had SOLD OUT before the price drop?

Elsewhere I had read GameCrazy has Used Cores for $220~ with a certain discount applied. However now with $280 New they should be $230~ Max.

However I called up Gamecrazy a few days ago and they wanted $299 for a Used Core Bundle?

EDIT: Gamestop has Used Xbox 360 Core & Controller for $190.

Thats a really good deal, if GameCrazy actually beat it at $180 or less, it'd be insane.

can anyone confirm pricing at walmart...i gotta go up there to try and get some money back, dont wanna waste my time if its not any cheaper

[quote name='Darkfire001']I called up GameCrazy a few days ago and they had SOLD OUT before the price drop?

Elsewhere I had read GameCrazy has Used Cores for $220~ with a certain discount applied. However now with $280 New they should be $230~ Max.

However I called up Gamecrazy a few days ago and they wanted $299 for a Used Core Bundle?

EDIT: Gamestop has Used Xbox 360 Core & Controller for $190.

Thats a really good deal, if GameCrazy actually beat it at $180 or less, it'd be insane.[/quote]

can someone confirm the 190 price. I just called and they were still 260 for the core at eb.

gamestop has

refurbed 360 cores for 189.99
used 20gb hd at 59.99

comes with free 29.99 or less 360 game

i got that and saints row

for 278.71 total pretty good deal

So...

Used Core: $190
Used HD: $60 (I've seen several at $80 new)
Wireless Controller: $40
Component Cables: $5

$295

or $350 for new...

yeah i bought the used one because its my 2nd console ps3 is my main one and for the price of a wii and comes with a free game thats a bargain

bread's done
Back