Xenoblade Chronicles - Operation Rainfall Collectors Edition Box $10

[quote name='OregonDealz']Scammed, somone should file a report with a Game Master or maybe a Dungeon Master.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to school to get a degree so I can become a dungeon master.

People can complain to me soon, but not yet.

[quote name='UncleBob']Wow. I asked for a scan of the police report and I really got torn a new one by one of the guys on that site.

Sure am glad I defended them earlier in this thread...[/QUOTE]

The fact that some people are defending them so adamantly is baffling. It may very well be that someone was robbed here and possibly in danger, but the chain of the events here is ridiculously shady.

I realize that I just lost $10 (darn, I'll have to settle for Absolute for 1 weekend) and that a donation is not a guarantee of anything, but there's no way anyone shouldn't be suspicious of this.

[quote name='KanYozakura']Key word: donation

I think it's a total BS cover story (especially if you read the comment about how the guy was going to go to the BBB over this printing company delay u guiz!!!1!) but at the end of the day it was a donation. It's no different than my $10 Kickstarter donation to FarSight Studios for the Pinball Arcade version of the Twilight Zone table: since I ordered my bonus DLC on 360, and they currently can't release any 360 DLC because their publisher went bankrupt, I'll probably never see my donation bonus. But at it's core it was a donation for donation's sake. Am I peeved that I won't get the box OR promised? Of course. But I knew that this might happen when I submitted the $10 so whatevs.

And lol at everyone calling them scammers...if they were actual scammers would they constantly provide their real names, personal social networking accounts, etc when giving status updates? It was probably just too much for them to handle and they pussed out.

Can a mod just lock this thread already before we get into a troll circle jerk?[/QUOTE]

You should change your "My Sales Thread" into "My Donation Thread." That way you don't have to send people anything when they send you the money. :lol:

Someone raised a good point in the comments. Why would someone steal a gigantic load of boxes? It doesn't seem like something a burglar would be interested in.

[quote name='Tsnake617']Someone raised a good point in the comments. Why would someone steal a gigantic load of boxes? It doesn't seem like something a burglar would be interested in.[/QUOTE]

reggie_i_dunno.jpg

Somebody should ask them if the theif alao stole the digital wallpaper that was supposed to be emailed to the people who donated less than $10.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Somebody should ask them if the theif alao stole the digital wallpaper that was supposed to be emailed to the people who donated less than $10.[/QUOTE]

They did. They hacked into the guys computer, put the wallpaper on a flashdrive and then deleted it off his hdd.

And yes, they remembered to empty the recycle bin before they left.

[quote name='whoknows']They did. They hacked into the guys computer, put the wallpaper on a flashdrive and then deleted it off his hdd.

And yes, they remembered to empty the recycle bin before they left.[/QUOTE]

Damn must be trained professional burglars.

can't wait to see how this unfolds? probably saw they had a crap ton of donations but realized that making these boxes and sending them out would lead to them hemorrhaging money. Or maybe there is a thief out there that is planning to build a card board castle to live in

Well someone from the main website posted a link that is supposed to be the list of recent crime activities in the neighborhood. Looking at the link, it seems like the guy lives in a "not so peaceful" neighborhood. Nothing is confirmed yet though. For the sake of my trust for the human kind, I hope he is telling the truth.

Last edited by a moderator:
They've posted an update to the site - they're offering refunds.

I posted the following and I urge everyone to, at least, consider it.

Re: Refunds - Look, it's a nice gesture, but no one wants to kick you while you're down. I can't imagine that if, when Steven gets back on his feet, he's able to post a scan of the police report or some other evidence, that there would be that many people who would want a refund.

Before anyone starts mass e-mailing for refunds, let's be reasonable and give the good folks here time to provide evidence.

[quote name='lilseung']Well someone from the main website posted a link that is supposed to be the list of recent crime activities in the neighborhood. Looking at the link, it seems like the guy lives in a "not so peaceful" neighborhood. Nothing is confirmed yet though. For the sake of my trust for the human kind, I hope he is telling the truth.[/QUOTE]

That was me. :D

[quote name='UncleBob']They've posted an update to the site - they're offering refunds.

I posted the following and I urge everyone to, at least, consider it.

That was me. :D[/QUOTE]

the problem is it seems like far too often online these kinds of scams come up, something weird happens(they cant deliever the goods), and people get robbed. granted its peoples own fault for being suckers but still.

oh and basically society is raising a bunch of narcissist monsters.

i would LOVE to believe this and that they are honest. but i am not sure i can at face value without evidence. i did not donate so it does not but me but even if i did i could at least wait to see if they provide some proof of this in due time which is what i would urge others to do before wanting to burn them at the stake.

So after all the delays, they never even posted saying that the boxes would finally be arriving? Just an update saying that they are already stolen? And the person who did accept delivery of them didn't think to post saying that they had arrived or even take a photo of one to show the many people the finished product they had been waiting for so much?!

I'm glad I never got mixed into this. Sorry for the people who did.

[quote name='KanYozakura']Key word: donation

I think it's a total BS cover story (especially if you read the comment about how the guy was going to go to the BBB over this printing company delay u guiz!!!1!) but at the end of the day it was a donation. It's no different than my $10 Kickstarter donation to FarSight Studios for the Pinball Arcade version of the Twilight Zone table: since I ordered my bonus DLC on 360, and they currently can't release any 360 DLC because their publisher went bankrupt, I'll probably never see my donation bonus. But at it's core it was a donation for donation's sake. Am I peeved that I won't get the box OR promised? Of course. But I knew that this might happen when I submitted the $10 so whatevs.

And lol at everyone calling them scammers...if they were actual scammers would they constantly provide their real names, personal social networking accounts, etc when giving status updates? It was probably just too much for them to handle and they pussed out.

Can a mod just lock this thread already before we get into a troll circle jerk?[/QUOTE]
Is it even a donation after they say, hey "donate" $10 dollars and we will give you this case? That sounds like a transaction to me, calling them donations sounds like a safe word to use when something like this happens.

[quote name='mitnosi']Is it even a donation after they say, hey "donate" $10 dollars and we will give you this case? That sounds like a transaction to me, calling them donations sounds like a safe word to use when something like this happens.[/QUOTE]

its another case of lawyer talk "this sentence means one thing to lawyers" and people talk "this sentence means one thing to lawyers" are two entirely different concepts despite they are identical. why? cause somewhere along the people stopped thinking they could defend themselves and started hiring lawyers who invented a whole new language for courts.

say what you will about scriptures but you cant argue when they call lawyers evil scum bags

Posting the police report doesn't mean its true, that's so easy to file. IMHO this is just a big lie so they can get away with not sending the box.

This whole thing was BS to start with and I don't get why people were so eager to give them $10.

I popped in here expecting people saying they got shipping notifications and that some may have already gotten them. Then I read what was going on. Just wow.

It always smelled like BS to me but now it just plain reeks. Sucks for those that "donated" to them. Sorry guys and gals.

That page was updated saying people could get a refund, right? Looks like they took that off there.

[quote name='mitnosi']That page was updated saying people could get a refund, right? Looks like they took that off there.[/QUOTE]

It says no refunds.

The cases cost a lot of money and being that we are only volunteers, we only make just enough money from ads to keep the website running. This means we will not be able to replace the stolen boxes nor can we refund anyone who donated.

[quote name='mitnosi']That page was updated saying people could get a refund, right? Looks like they took that off there.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mitch079']It says no refunds.

The cases cost a lot of money and being that we are only volunteers, we only make just enough money from ads to keep the website running. This means we will not be able to replace the stolen boxes nor can we refund anyone who donated.[/QUOTE]

Up to at least about 45 minutes ago, it said you could email for refunds.

If this is all true then its rather unfortunate, I just don't see some some burglar snatching these cases thinking they would be worth something. Unless they were a kid who wanted to build a fort out of the boxes.

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah... this just smells of bullshit. They just happen to have these empty boxes lying around without telling anyone they have them and they're ready to ship and then poof, they're all stolen?[/QUOTE]

And can you imagine how big that box would even be if it had all those boxes for all the donators? I imagine those thieves had time to sit down for coffee and even watch some TV before they unplugged it at the end of the burglary and left out the front door. I'm sure they even made sure to take off their shoes as not to dirty their carpet on the way in.

[quote name='elessar123']Up to at least about 45 minutes ago, it said you could email for refunds.[/QUOTE]
Perhaps when they saw how many people wanted one they backed out of it, I guess.

[quote name='Squarehard']And can you imagine how big that box would even be if it had all those boxes for all the donators? I imagine those thieves had time to sit down for coffee and even watch some TV before they unplugged it at the end of the burglary and left out the front door. I'm sure they even made sure to take off their shoes as not to dirty their carpet on the way in.[/QUOTE]
Yeah its hard to imagine they would take the time to steal 1000 cases. You would think they would be in a quick hurry not to get caught and take whatever they could carry and get out.

[quote name='FlipSide']Posting the police report doesn't mean its true, that's so easy to file. IMHO this is just a big lie so they can get away with not sending the box.[/QUOTE]

I have a hard time believing that they'd risk filing a false police report for what is likely a couple hundred bucks.

Will the police report mention what was taken? Sorry if thats a stupid question, I've never had to have one filled out before, thankfully.

[quote name='JoePianist']I'm glad I didn't give money to these guys. I could smell a scam a mile away.[/QUOTE]

This has scam written all over it. They never had a donation chart to see just how much money they'd raised already, which is a great indicator that the $600 was an unimportant figure and they didn't plan on giving anything in return.

The tag blocks make me laugh, too. People couldn't tell this was fake and wanted you to give them your $10, apparently.

You should all feel bad for giving these undeserving shmucks your money.

Wow, was wondering why this was being bumped.

What a bunch of scammers.

These are lies. Plain and simple. If anyone wants to think that getting overwhelmed by the donation drive you started which apparently did nothing but fund your paypal is an excuse to steal people's money then go ahead.

So they only raised enough money for one boxful of these? Sounds like a lie to me too.

Thieves don't steal paper. It only pays cents on the pound.

Yeah, it's a lie. Now the theft might have actually happened, and they might have just used it as a convenient cover. Thieves move quick and take things of value, not a bunch of empty boxes which would have been bulky. As much as I supported the movement, not one person I know was willing to donate to such a bad idea.

Sad thing is, I know several people who tried to help them and met with some rather unprofessional responses to their ideas which were much better than anything those guys came up with on their own. I feel bad for the people who trusted them.

Now they posted a retraction which is most likely brought on by some legal threats. It's amazing how the story keeps changing. Might be best if they just get rid of that site since it's obvious they probably used the money to fund it.

[quote name='guerrilla']oh shit, the police found the suspected thief.
french-mime.jpg

the box remains missing, and suspect remains silent.[/quote]
lmfao

Now they think the company that printed them will reimburse them for some reason or I guess they were now stolen because UPS left them in an insecure location.

The lies are getting kind of sad. I don't know how much they made off of this, but surely it couldn't have been enough to be worth all of this trouble.

[quote name='Aryss']Yeah, it's a lie. Now the theft might have actually happened, and they might have just used it as a convenient cover. Thieves move quick and take things of value, not a bunch of empty boxes which would have been bulky. As much as I supported the movement, not one person I know was willing to donate to such a bad idea.

Sad thing is, I know several people who tried to help them and met with some rather unprofessional responses to their ideas which were much better than anything those guys came up with on their own. I feel bad for the people who trusted them.

Now they posted a retraction which is most likely brought on by some legal threats. It's amazing how the story keeps changing. Might be best if they just get rid of that site since it's obvious they probably used the money to fund it.[/QUOTE]

Wow, reading this they are even bigger douchebags than I initially thought.

Wait, I thought the boxes were stolen when burglars broke into that guy's house (I can't double check since they took down the previous page)? If so, what does UPS has anything to do with that?

Does that mean the packages were stolen on the day the UPS delivered the packages (due to the UPS leaving the packages in an insecure place)? Then what did the burglary had to do with anything?

They first said the boxes were stolen because the burglars broke into their home and took almost everything of value. But now they are looking to get reimbursed by the UPS for leaving the packages in an insecure area. Does that mean they never actually received/got in hold of the packages ever?

I believe the burglary happened on the most recent Friday. Unless the packages were also delivered that day (anyone remember where you can see the status update for the boxes?), all this just don't add up. I wish I can see the delivery/tracking information.. It would clear things up if you compared the it to the police report they said they would be posting..

I'm just very confused :roll:

You people are despicable. Belittling the plight of these tortured individuals is cruel and unnecessary. I'd like to see any of you have the courage to rob and sell such shoddily produced cardboard on Craigslist.

[quote name='lilseung']Wait, I thought the boxes were stolen when burglars broke into that guy's house (I can't double check since they took down the previous page)? If so, what does UPS has anything to do with that?

Does that mean the packages were stolen on the day the UPS delivered the packages (due to the UPS leaving the packages in an insecure place)? Then what did the burglary had to do with anything?

They first said the boxes were stolen because the burglars broke into their home and took almost everything of value. But now they are looking to get reimbursed by the UPS for leaving the packages in an insecure area. Does that mean they never actually received/got in hold of the packages ever?

I believe the burglary happened on the most recent Friday. Unless the packages were also delivered that day (anyone remember where you can see the status update for the boxes?), all this just don't add up. I wish I can see the delivery/tracking information.. It would clear things up if you compared the it to the police report they said they would be posting..

I'm just very confused :roll:[/QUOTE]

XenaWizards.jpg

$5 says that just before they post the police report or whatever evidence they claim to have, their site will go down, they'll tweet claiming it was a huge DDOS attack and it could take a long time to come back. Eventually they'll deactivate their twitter and just lounge around, throwing around dollar bills waiting for this whole thing to blow over.

ROFL!

http://operationrainfall.com/read-regarding-the-donation-cases/

They took down the other page and put this up! The best part? It's written by the guy who supposedly got robbed of all of his electronics. Then, the very first comment on it is also from him saying he's sorry about the grammar errors...he typed the post on his 3DS.

Hahahaha apparently the theif that stole all of his electronics accidentally took a giant ass box of empty boxes instead of the 3DS.

bread's done
Back