Xenoblade Chronicles - Operation Rainfall Collectors Edition Box $10

[quote name='ochentay4']So, $10 for a box? A BOX. Good deal.[/QUOTE]

OCD at work.

There is no end to the BS OCD people will spend money on.

Pre-order FFXV and get a limited edition soundtrack with Masashi Hamauzu's blood on it from when he accidentally cut his finger in his recording studio!

"I have got to get my hands on this before it sells out!"

guys if u can all pm me ur names addres nad proof u buyed or donate from them i can get my dad 2 get a class action lawsuit he is lawyer here in maryland and i can get it 2gether and we can sue these a**holes....i donate $10 back in summer or spring idont remmber but what i DO reamemhber it i never got the game or the box.... i dont even think they email me the wallapepr... it doesnt matter if theyre a charity and the money goes 2 a "Good cause" the fact is they can tlie it is aginast law in this country in eery state so ples pm me ur info and we can get our $$$$ back and a few $$$ on the side 4 punitive dmaage.... and put these a**hole out of bis.

[quote name='FountainDrink']guys if u can all pm me ur names addres nad proof u buyed or donate from them i can get my dad 2 get a class action lawsuit he is lawyer here in maryland and i can get it 2gether and we can sue these a**holes....i donate $10 back in summer or spring idont remmber but what i DO reamemhber it i never got the game or the box.... i dont even think they email me the wallapepr... it doesnt matter if theyre a charity and the money goes 2 a "Good cause" the fact is they can tlie it is aginast law in this country in eery state so ples pm me ur info and we can get our $$$$ back and a few $$$ on the side 4 punitive dmaage.... and put these a**hole out of bis.[/QUOTE]

Lol, you thought you were getting a game? The fuck?

[quote name='Nochance']Lol, you thought you were getting a game? The fuck?[/QUOTE]

Don't be mean. It's clear English is not his strong suit, so he probably based most of his decisions off the pretty pictures.

[quote name='FountainDrink']guys if u can all pm me ur names addres nad proof u buyed or donate from them i can get my dad 2 get a class action lawsuit he is lawyer here in maryland and i can get it 2gether and we can sue these a**holes....i donate $10 back in summer or spring idont remmber but what i DO reamemhber it i never got the game or the box.... i dont even think they email me the wallapepr... it doesnt matter if theyre a charity and the money goes 2 a "Good cause" the fact is they can tlie it is aginast law in this country in eery state so ples pm me ur info and we can get our $$$$ back and a few $$$ on the side 4 punitive dmaage.... and put these a**hole out of bis.[/QUOTE]

Death+of+English+(Eric+Shansby).jpg

i vote we ban this guy for multiple reasons

I'm sorry but this is stupid. These guys had no say-so on whether or not a game should be localized. And $600 won't cover shit. In fact, XSEED probably won't even look at you for $600.
However, if you want to buy this cheap, unofficial box for $10, go ahead.

[quote name='scarhawk']I'm sorry but this is stupid. These guys had no say-so on whether or not a game should be localized. And $600 won't cover shit. In fact, XSEED probably won't even look at you for $600.
However, if you want to buy this cheap, unofficial box for $10, go ahead.[/QUOTE]

You can't anymore. This thread is all sorts of old.

[quote name='kayne2000']i vote we ban this guy for multiple reasons[/QUOTE]

It's pretty obvious who it is.

Maryland, eh... I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess Bowie, maybe Dundalk.

[quote name='scarhawk']I'm sorry but this is stupid. These guys had no say-so on whether or not a game should be localized. And $600 won't cover shit. In fact, XSEED probably won't even look at you for $600.
However, if you want to buy this cheap, unofficial box for $10, go ahead.[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of people are mis-representing what OR actually did.

My take is that without OR, I wouldn't have ever looked twice at Xenoblade Chronicles (which ended up as my 2nd fave Wii game) or Pandora's Tower (a very unique Zelda clone). I was definitely excited about The Last Story though beforehand. What they did through their campaigns and whatnot was build more anticipation and spread the knowledge of the 3 RPGs, one (of many) genre that the Wii was seriously lacking in. They did enough to gain coverage on almost every gaming website and the 3 games are now synonymous with OR.

Of course, by the time they started this donation campaign, the word for the 3 games already spread (thanks to OR). Lot of people can say "whatever, we knew about these games and OR did nothing". I'm not saying that this campaign guaranteed anything, just that I think it did spread the word about the 3 games.

And honestly, it was $10 fucking dollars to hopefully promote more unique/new IPs on the Wii instead of all the shovelware/casual games that clutters its library. And thanks to OR, I think most of us voted with our dollars in buying Xenoblade Chronicles and TLS (twice even, once to import the PAL copy and once again for the US releases). It's not going to make or break most of us. (For those of you saying it's $10 wasted, that could be argue either way depending on what you consider as waste.)

Will this campaign do anything? Probably not... Nintendo's made it clear that it's moved on as the Wii U is only months ago. But I'm not going to cry over it, no matter how bad that box looks.

[quote name='Vegan']Europeans who had the game and were raving about it made more noise than Operation Rainfall.[/QUOTE]

Right. I was following the game since it was called Monando and got GOTY in JP then again in EU the next year, for a Wii game, that was impressive.

[quote name='Vinny']I think a lot of people are mis-representing what OR actually did.

My take is that without OR, I wouldn't have ever looked twice at Xenoblade Chronicles (which ended up as my 2nd fave Wii game) or Pandora's Tower (a very unique Zelda clone). I was definitely excited about The Last Story though beforehand. What they did through their campaigns and whatnot was build more anticipation and spread the knowledge of the 3 RPGs, one (of many) genre that the Wii was seriously lacking in. They did enough to gain coverage on almost every gaming website and the 3 games are now synonymous with OR.

Of course, by the time they started this donation campaign, the word for the 3 games already spread (thanks to OR). Lot of people can say "whatever, we knew about these games and OR did nothing". I'm not saying that this campaign guaranteed anything, just that I think it did spread the word about the 3 games.

And honestly, it was $10 fucking dollars to hopefully promote more unique/new IPs on the Wii instead of all the shovelware/casual games that clutters its library. And thanks to OR, I think most of us voted with our dollars in buying Xenoblade Chronicles and TLS (twice even, once to import the PAL copy and once again for the US releases). It's not going to make or break most of us. (For those of you saying it's $10 wasted, that could be argue either way depending on what you consider as waste.)

Will this campaign do anything? Probably not... Nintendo's made it clear that it's moved on as the Wii U is only months ago. But I'm not going to cry over it, no matter how bad that box looks.[/QUOTE]
Whatever...

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Right. I was following the game since it was called Monando and got GOTY in JP then again in EU the next year, for a Wii game, that was impressive.[/QUOTE]

Lol, is there some officially recognized publications that handle GOTY awards in those territories?

This reminds me of the people who think Spike awards are the end all be all of gaming achievements, because obviously anything on TV is the word of god.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']OCD at work.

There is no end to the BS OCD people will spend money on.

Pre-order FFXV and get a limited edition soundtrack with Masashi Hamauzu's blood on it from when he accidentally cut his finger in his recording studio!

"I have got to get my hands on this before it sells out!"[/QUOTE]

I would buy this.

[quote name='Pepsi']who got theier game or box i dint yet[/QUOTE]

Do you but every thing from every thread that is posted on here?

[quote name='cloudmd23']Sorry to revive an old thread, but I figured those who donated would want to know that they're not getting their boxes after all.

http://operationrainfall.com/read-regarding-the-cases-for-donators/[/QUOTE]

LOL. Who the hell robs somebody, takes all the electronics, sees a case of empty cases, and makes sure to take that too? If this really happened, my thoughts and prayers to the people it happened to. But my BS radar is going off.

Sad to hear if it's true. But why wouldn't they put all that donation into a bank account? Unless...those thieves robbed their bank accounts somehow.

Sounds like someone found something they really wanted to buy and remembered they had some nice donation money sitting around.

[quote name='Drclaw411']LOL. Who the hell robs somebody, takes all the electronics, sees a case of empty cases, and makes sure to take that too? If this really happened, my thoughts and prayers to the people it happened to. But my BS radar is going off.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, as if thieves who stole every piece of electronics in the house would then proceed to steal a box full of empty boxes, lol. Here's Operation Rainfall for the joke of the year. Happy holidays everybody!

Ok, holy hell, who didn't see this happening really.
What a silly bunch of BS. You know if people really want something localized just call NoA. Like the movement for earthbound rerelease on Starmen.net. everybody calls once a day annd politely asks if Nintendo has any plans for a rerelease and that they'd love to see it.

[quote name='warboss zorbag']Ok, holy hell, who didn't see this happening really.
What a silly bunch of BS. You know if people really want something localized just call NoA. Like the movement for earthbound rerelease on Starmen.net. everybody calls once a day annd politely asks if Nintendo has any plans for a rerelease and that they'd love to see it.[/QUOTE]

...and that's been so successful... :D

Wow, talk about some incredible bullshit. I was going to donate, having the first 2 but glad I didn't.

[quote name='UncleBob']...and that's been so successful... :D[/QUOTE]

Lol, didn't cost $10!

I'd pay plenty for a rerelease of that and Mother 3 in a box. But now I'm OT...

[quote name='Squarehard']Yeah, as if thieves who stole every piece of electronics in the house would then proceed to steal a box full of empty boxes, lol. Here's Operation Rainfall for the joke of the year. Happy holidays everybody![/QUOTE]

Yeah... this just smells of bullshit. They just happen to have these empty boxes lying around without telling anyone they have them and they're ready to ship and then poof, they're all stolen?

I echo the sentiments expressed on the board. Show us the body. How about a receipt from the printers? A tracking number from the shipping company? The police report filed for the break-in? A COA on the back of a beer label signed by your buddy Joe? Nothing? Give me a break.

Nice. The way they set it up too makes you look like a total insensitive douche if you dare to question them.

I've seen this sort of thing happen before when people supposedly 'died' on the internet only to find out later the whole thing was a hoax and they just wanted to exit whatever forum or character or whatever in a big grand dramatic way.

When some people smell bullshit and call it out then others get all 'How dare you!' bla bla bla just like people are doing in the comments. Of course the sympathy pours out too.

What a bunch of low lifes. I feel sorry for people who gave money for them and also sorry for those gullible enough to believe their flaming bag of bullshit.

[quote name='Motoki']I've seen this sort of thing happen before when people supposedly 'died' on the internet only to find out later the whole thing was a hoax and they just wanted to exit whatever forum or character or whatever in a big grand dramatic way.[/QUOTE]
The most memorable of them all... Ocarina of Time 2D

I'm hesitant to call it a scam in case they really DID get robbed.. However, like somebody said before.. this just sounds way to convenient. I didn't buy the boxes or anything (but I support the related games) but I would really love to see SOME kind of proof.

Key word: donation

I think it's a total BS cover story (especially if you read the comment about how the guy was going to go to the BBB over this printing company delay u guiz!!!1!) but at the end of the day it was a donation. It's no different than my $10 Kickstarter donation to FarSight Studios for the Pinball Arcade version of the Twilight Zone table: since I ordered my bonus DLC on 360, and they currently can't release any 360 DLC because their publisher went bankrupt, I'll probably never see my donation bonus. But at it's core it was a donation for donation's sake. Am I peeved that I won't get the box OR promised? Of course. But I knew that this might happen when I submitted the $10 so whatevs.

And lol at everyone calling them scammers...if they were actual scammers would they constantly provide their real names, personal social networking accounts, etc when giving status updates? It was probably just too much for them to handle and they pussed out.

Can a mod just lock this thread already before we get into a troll circle jerk?

Wow. I asked for a scan of the police report and I really got torn a new one by one of the guys on that site.

Sure am glad I defended them earlier in this thread...

I am curious if anyone files a scam or fraud report. Like many here, I chose not to donate, but it definitely seems a tad too suspicious.

bread's done
Back