Xenoblade Chronicles - Operation Rainfall Collectors Edition Box $10

[quote name='kobra90']Is it really just a cardboard box??[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. It's a donation drive, so it's not really much of a deal. Don't bother getting the box if you don't want to donate $10 to the fund.

[quote name='shadylane']Post pictures of the HMV. Where does one get one of these?[/QUOTE]

They were given to people who preordered Pandora's Tower at HMV. It's a pretty crappy box (made out of cereal box thin cardboard) and came with a tiny artbook covering all 3 games- but for being free, I can't complain.

[quote name='shadylane']Post pictures of the HMV. Where does one get one of these?[/QUOTE]
C23E2D18-BAAC-4A99-955B-58D1A25A8FD8-99-00000001077225B7.jpg

32A93F8B-6283-42F4-B70A-ACDD4A13D809-99-000000011D8DA173.jpg

[quote name='WingsDJY']^That's a sexy collection. You just need this.[/QUOTE]

No way, even though that is a steelbook, it looks terribad.

[quote name='jling84']No way, even though that is a steelbook, it looks terribad.[/QUOTE]

I agree it's not as sexy as the other two.

IMG_0495-1.jpg

[quote name='WingsDJY']I agree it's not as sexy as the other two.

[/QUOTE]

Way more rare than other two though. And honestly I liked the vibrant colors on it

The 3 steelbooks are nice. I wish the Xenoblade one had a different cover, though. It's nice to have, but the other two are so much more gorgeous!

Can somebody explain how these three are related? Outside of Rainfall...is there anything connecting the three games? Why was an official promo for all three made?

I think the Xenoblade steelbook would look 100x better if it didn't have the stupid "Wii" branding on the top front (and the back).

[quote name='Drclaw411']Can somebody explain how these three are related? Outside of Rainfall...is there anything connecting the three games? Why was an official promo for all three made?[/QUOTE]

Operation Rainfall was just a fan campaign to get NoA to bring these 3 games over here. For some reason, NoA did not want to release these games over here (even though NoE already went through the trouble of translating them) even though the Wii's release schedule during that period was barren.

For some reason though, that name caught on and spread fast... to the point that HMV provided fans a promo box/artbook.

[quote name='ancientbarb']Did Nintendo ever say Operation Rainfall indeed had much of an influence in bringing over these titles?[/QUOTE]

Probably no just like xseed said no since they bought the game at TGS and pitch the game to the rest of the company and went from there. And :rofl: at that box

We probably had nothing to do with these getting brought over, but the bonds we have forged are UNBREAKABLE.

Wow. I would feel so ashamed to keep any games in there.

[quote name='ancientbarb']Did Nintendo ever say Operation Rainfall indeed had much of an influence in bringing over these titles?[/QUOTE]

There's gonna be a really great write-up on it in next month's Nintendo Power.

[quote name='KtMack23']Gosh. I've tried to defend them, but that's just, shit.[/QUOTE]

The front doesn't look that bad but the back really kills it... and as CheapLikeAFox says, they seem to give way too much credit to the campaign. I get that a lot of people think they did nothing but I do give them credit for all the noise they made. For people like me, who like RPGs but don't pay enough attention to the Wii, I didn't think too much of it when NA announced Xenoblade and TLS wouldn't be published here but Operation Rainfall really got me interested in the 3 titles.

The only reasons we got Xenoblade was because NoA saw NoE's sales, their barren schedule for 2012 and GS throwing some money at them. And we got TLS because Xseed probably said "we'll take care of the publishing and share profits with you".

If this campaign was the sole reason for NoA bringing these two games over, then they would have done a long time ago (before all of us started importing).

I feel like Operation Rainfall had more to do with an official collectors box being released in EU than they did in getting anything released here. I do however believe they were a reason that Xenoblade was the #1 preordered game on Amazon that day, simply by shoving the game down people's throats via social media and their website.

I think it's kind of funny that it says nobody will know how much operation rail fan had to do with the release of these three titles. THREE titles. It should be pretty clear that nobody had any impact in the release of Pandora's, seeing as how it wasn't released.

"This is it, the last chance the game has.

http://operationrainfall.com/august-20-pandoras-tower-collectors-case-update/

At the very least, it's worth a try for everyone to come together and do what they can. Just give the site a read over and do your best to help!

Please everyone, if you honestly think it won't work, then what do you have to lose? But if it DOES work, it means you helped accomplished something!

It's the last game Operation Rainfall needs to bring over.
The case they made for the games looks amazing. Let's make it a prouder accomplishment by having all three games being fit for it."

This is what is being posted on various forums. I normally don't have problem with OR and I admire their passion for things they like but they seem to give WAY too much credit to themselves. Last chance? Who says? The case looks amazing? What?

[quote name='keine']Yeah, everything written on the back sounds very corny.[/QUOTE]

Which kinda fits most dialogue in a JRPG when you think about it.

It's still too bad Pandoras Tower doesn't have any announcement or anything for a release in the U.S. I'm glad I bought the UK Limited Edition when I did.

[quote name='ancientbarb']This is what is being posted on various forums. I normally don't have problem with OR and I admire their passion for things they like but they seem to give WAY too much credit to themselves. Last chance? Who says? The case looks amazing? What?[/QUOTE]

I don't even recall opting to give them a first chance.

[quote name='ThomasTruong']
Operation%20Circlejerking.png

You can send checks directly to me.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, I need to own a piece of this gaming history, how much? People will be talking about this for years.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Whoa, I need to own a piece of this gaming history, how much? People will be talking about this for years.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry friend, it's only 10 dollars. Which if my friend who is good at math that I call my account is right, will cover half of my website hosting fee for the month.

And if you double your donation, I'll throw in a second one and write your name in gold sharpie on the bottom so you can show all your party guests that you're responsible for bringing this game over.

Hopefully those dbags did the right thing and recycled those pretentious boxes. I wish they had the mental capacity to understand that Nintendo announces their games for the next quarter on the first day of that quarter.

Edit: and yes, that musou pic is amazing.

I find it funny that this thread keeps getting resurrected by the same fucking idiot over 3 times already.

also
[quote name='ThomasTruong']
Operation%20Circlejerking.png

You can send checks directly to me.[/QUOTE]

In for 1

[quote name='renique46']I find it funny that this thread keeps getting resurrected by the same fucking idiot over 3 times already.
[/QUOTE]

Over 3 times you say? Is 4 the number you were trying to think of? It comes right after 3.

[quote name='renique46']I find it funny that this thread keeps getting resurrected by the same fucking idiot over 3 times already.
H[/QUOTE]

fuck you scumbag, I don't give a shit what you think about how I spent my money, I'm trying to remind people who actually paid for this. Now gtfo

[quote name='Nochance']Over 3 times you say? Is 4 the number you were trying to think of? It comes right after 3.[/QUOTE]

I think he covered his bases when he said "over 3" which could mean 4 and anything after.

This box is still the dumbest.

[quote name='KtMack23']fuck you scumbag, I don't give a shit what you think about how I spent my money, I'm trying to remind people who actually paid for this. Now gtfo[/QUOTE]

Especially cause this is gaming history!!!

well they say an fool an his money are soon departed so if you want buy fool proof insurance let me know no one will be able fool you again just 20 a month

[quote name='jimmywolf13'] so if you want buy fool proof insurance let me know no one will be able fool you again just 20 a month[/quote]

Sold!

Since the title says this is the Collector's Edition box, maybe the regular edition box looks better?

bread's done
Back