Xenoblade Chronicles - Operation Rainfall Collectors Edition Box $10

[quote name='KanYozakura']For not caring about this campaign you guys sure are spending a lot of time whining about it.[/QUOTE]

I don't really have anything against it. I'm just not going to do it because I don't feel it's worth it, and that's how I feel about it.

My bigger issue is really how the people who do want one feels the need to justify it beyond the reason of wanting one and that it looks cool. All this talk about it rising in value, it's a great deal, it'll be a collector's item, etc, etc, is really what doesn't make sense to me.

If you want one, then get one. People make a good business in replicating things like this, and it's their prerogative since consumers are willing to pay for things like this.

Do you really need to make it seem like it's the second coming of Jesus if someone doesn't get one?

Seems unnecessary.

For $10 us dollars you can have the paper roll of the toilet paper I used from the day I took a poop in the form of a pretzel. A "Must Have" Collectible that will only increase in price get yours before scalpers sell them and make cheap bootlegs.

I just want a coupon to get Xenoblade cheaper from the Devil that Nintendo partnered with to sell it retail! Thought about spending the extra $5 shipping from Nintendo so the GameStop jackasses don't get my cash.

[quote name='KanYozakura']epic WOOSH

For not caring about this campaign you guys sure are spending a lot of time whining about it. I mean really, it's $10 FFS...not a huge investment with a possible return (if you care about selling it). I'm sure most of you have blown five times that on shit games that you'll never play.

I love how people keep tearing this down because it's "unauthorized" and yet suddenly when HMV makes it "official" THEN it's worth the extra $x for the import. Seriously, get over yourselves.[/QUOTE]

Hi there.

Listen, I understand how it's normal for people to try to justify things when they made a poor choice...perhaps you thought it was official rather than fanmade? But regardless, the truth is that unauthorized and unlicensed fanmade things such as this just do not become worth something. If you want it for the great memories of "Operation Rainfall", which you may or may not believe actually accomplished something, that's wonderful. But trying to convince others that you made the right choice just isn't a good use of your time. I'm sorry but if you did it for the plan of reselling it years later at a massive profit...good luck. Who knows, you might make $15 after several years before the paypal and ebay fees. I doubt it though.

If this was for $5, I would definitely consider getting this (since I probably waste that amount on a cup of latte every week)

Last edited by a moderator:
For my $10 it better come with a certificate of authenticity and a picture (I'll add $5 if it's framed) confirming the poop was in fact shaped like a pretzel.

But seriously, this has run its course. There's enough here so a person can decide whether or not they want to buy a box for a collection of games. As far as it becoming collectible, who knows. Unofficial things do often become collectible. There are a number of homebrews that attest to this. Or if they don't become collectible, they can at least find their place in the market... repro carts, boxes, inserts. What it would come down to is how the events were seen in 15, 20 or more years. Would a large enough group of people believe Operation Rainfall legitimately had an impact or influence on the release of these games--that's the question. It's also a matter of how well the RPGs hold up over time... it's pretty much an impossible thing to predict.

[quote name='UncleBob']For those raging so hard against this... don't ever go to esty.[/QUOTE]

Those people don't have a single creative bone in their bodies.

"I'm going to make my living making cheap trinkets based on the popular works of others! Yeah!"

[quote name='Vegan']Those people don't have a single creative bone in their bodies.

"I'm going to make my living making cheap trinkets based on the popular works of others! Yeah!"[/QUOTE]

http://www.etsy.com/transaction/57768678

Seriously, I do have to say that, perhaps, you need to have your creative bones checked if you've looked through everything on Etsy and determined it to all be "cheap trinkets"

http://www.etsy.com/listing/92146921/hand-painted-bomb-omb-battlefield-from

Some of these folks have talent, although, I must admit, a lot of them have moved away from Etsy and have started selling their works on their own.

I'm mildly curious why all the people shitting all over this thread are considered acceptable by mods, but when people say a 32gig ps vita memory card for 85 dollars is a ripoff their comments are removed, and mods threaten banning??? Any mods care to elaborate? thanks

[quote name='UncleBob']For those raging so hard against this... don't ever go to esty.[/QUOTE]

I don't think a lot of people here are antagonistic to selling fanmade items in general. I'm more put off by these guys assuming responsibility for getting the release of Xenoblade and Last Story and their belief that they solely can get Pandora's Tower out.

For example, when the Mother 3 patch came out the fansite who released the patch released a guide and coins and all sorts of stuff. It didn't really bother me at all. 1) The patch took a ton of hard work to get done, without which no one would ever know what it's like to play Mother 3. 2) The guide and the medal they released looked really good and looked like they put a lot of effort into making.

So no, I'm not opposed to fan made collectibles. Heck I would've bought a fan-made mug shaped like the E Cans in the Megaman games if they hadn't sold out.

So far the effort the put on the box is to take the HMV box and photoshop their logo on it. there is also a good chance the final design won't have the game's logo since those are copyrighted.

[quote name='jamesesdad']I'm mildly curious why all the people shitting all over this thread are considered acceptable by mods, but when people say a 32gig ps vita memory card for 85 dollars is a ripoff their comments are removed, and mods threaten banning??? Any mods care to elaborate? thanks[/QUOTE]

Somehow I get the feeling there's more to that story other than just saying something is a ripoff, and I also have a funny feeling it's personal. :eek:

[quote name='UncleBob']http://www.etsy.com/transaction/57768678

Seriously, I do have to say that, perhaps, you need to have your creative bones checked if you've looked through everything on Etsy and determined it to all be "cheap trinkets"

http://www.etsy.com/listing/92146921/hand-painted-bomb-omb-battlefield-from

Some of these folks have talent, although, I must admit, a lot of them have moved away from Etsy and have started selling their works on their own.[/QUOTE]

"I can't come up with anything on my own, so I'll sell things 'inspired' by the works of others and hope I don't get sued!"

If groups like this actually worked, we would have had all the Mother games released here, because we fans of Mother are much larger then this group.
These games were brought over to the US because they were making money, Nintendo is a business, they aren't gonna bring over games they don't think will make money just because we ask nicely. Otherwise, as I've said, Mother 1, Mother 1+2, and Mother 3 would have been released here long ago.

OPRainfall did next to nothing, and are just taking credit, you know, like the hacker group Anonymous does all the time.

I would not recommend donating this this.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DQT']I don't think a lot of people here are antagonistic to selling fanmade items in general. I'm more put off by these guys assuming responsibility for getting the release of Xenoblade and Last Story and their belief that they solely can get Pandora's Tower out.[/QUOTE]

Fanmade or not, it's copyright infringement to use the logos from the company on a box and sell it (which is basically what is being done).

[quote name='SW4J']Hi there.

Listen, I understand how it's normal for people to try to justify things when they made a poor choice...perhaps you thought it was official rather than fanmade? But regardless, the truth is that unauthorized and unlicensed fanmade things such as this just do not become worth something. If you want it for the great memories of "Operation Rainfall", which you may or may not believe actually accomplished something, that's wonderful. But trying to convince others that you made the right choice just isn't a good use of your time. I'm sorry but if you did it for the plan of reselling it years later at a massive profit...good luck. Who knows, you might make $15 after several years before the paypal and ebay fees. I doubt it though.[/QUOTE]
Wow this sounds horribly condescending and dick-ish.

[quote name='Squarehard']Somehow I get the feeling there's more to that story other than just saying something is a ripoff, and I also have a funny feeling it's personal. :eek:[/QUOTE]

Oh absolutely there was more to it than that, but no more or less than the threadcrapping that is going on in this here thread.

[quote name='Punisher138']Can I play this on a Nintendo?[/QUOTE]

The game, available from an actual company, is for the Wii.

This box isn't digitally interactive. ;)

BTW, I'm surprised this thread still exists here. Thought a mod would have moved it elsewhere by now.

I got an email last week.

Donation ConfirmationWednesday, July 11, 2012 4:53 PM

Thank you for your contribution toward Operation Rainfall.

This email is to confirm that you are eligible for a reward based on your donation amount. We will notify you as soon as your wallpaper pack is available to download, which we expect to be ready by the end of this month. You are also going to recieve a limited edition collector's case that will carry the three games of our original campaign. We are not quite ready to ship these out this month, but we should have more information by the end of July.

Please take a moment to review the mailing address you have on file with PayPal, and notify us if you would like us to ship your case(s) to a different address. If you already left a note asking us to ship to a different address, please disregard this message.

Thank you for your donation!

For more information on our project to pitch Pandora's Tower to American publishers, please visit http://oprainfall.com/

[quote name='apterous']Good point... Last Story has an awesome looking collectors box on its own now.[/QUOTE]
Too bad US won't get it. :(

[quote name='Slowdance']I hope these dumbfucks get a C&D and refund everyone. What a scam.

Anyone who paid up kinda deserves to get screwed.[/QUOTE]

OR said they'd email us at the end of July...drama queen.

I highly doubt that they will try to scam the donation amount since the person running the PP donation account (Richard Ross) used his real name and uses his personal Facebook profile to answer OR questions. My request for info was answered in less than 12 hours, and then they made an official update on their website.

If you guys are this desperate for some generic box with the names of some Wii games on it, i'll gladly grab some cardboard and start drawing on it for $10 a piece.

These weasels have nothing to do with the games, and quite frankly had nothing AT ALL to do with the games being brought over here. Anyone who gave them $10 deserves nothing but a rickroll and a stamp to help identify you and keep you separate from the general population.

Seriously though, you guys are fucking morons.

[quote name='Slowdance']If you guys are this desperate for some generic box with the names of some Wii games on it, i'll gladly grab some cardboard and start drawing on it for $10 a piece.

These weasels have nothing to do with the games, and quite frankly had nothing AT ALL to do with the games being brought over here. Anyone who gave them $10 deserves nothing but a rickroll and a stamp to help identify you and keep you separate from the general population.

Seriously though, you guys are fucking morons.[/QUOTE]

You're an angry, angry, little boy. They make meds for people like you. I suggest you try them.

[quote name='musha666']You're an angry, angry, little boy. They make meds for people like you. I suggest you try them.[/QUOTE]

Lol, the fuck?

[quote name='Slowdance']If you guys are this desperate for some generic box with the names of some Wii games on it, i'll gladly grab some cardboard and start drawing on it for $10 a piece.

Seriously though, you guys are fucking morons.[/QUOTE]

Hey motherfucker, go jump off a god damn bridge. If you don't want the box, why fuck are you in the thread? Go bitch somewhere else, no one gives a shit.

Sigh this garbage being bumped again, glad ya'll are getting owned over this. Would be better if nothing ever got sent at all :applause:. Good shit Operation Failfall.

[quote name='KtMack23']Hey motherfucker, go jump off a god damn bridge. If you don't want the box, why fuck are you in the thread? Go bitch somewhere else, no one gives a shit.[/QUOTE]

Because its fun to make fun of people who pay somebody for something this stupid? They literally wrote "Operation Rainfall" on the box despite having nothing at all to do with the games being localized.

Hell, Nintendo didn't even bother to publish TLS and PT is nowhere to be seen. They couldn't possibly have had less to do with these games, and they got suckers like you to pay them for some cardboard that they haven't even manufactured, and never will.

It's gaming history, and a cool thing that was going on surrounding these games. It doesn't matter if they have nothing to do with their development or publishing. Some people get that. Others, like yourself, are douche bags and don't. It's no big deal really.

[quote name='Zaku77']It's gaming history, and a cool thing that was going on surrounding these games. It doesn't matter if they have nothing to do with their development or publishing. Some people get that. Others, like yourself, are douche bags and don't. It's no big deal really.[/QUOTE]

Operation Rainfall had less than nothing to do with the games getting picked up. Nintendo announces each quarters releases during an investor call on the first day of that quarter. They had Xenoblade lined up for months already.

Xseed published TLS, and were probably pretty stoked for the opportunity.
Also, Pandora's Tower isn't even going to get released in NA. Not only did these asshats take credit for something they had no effect on, they stole the design of the box they aren't actually going to make from the official box from the UK.

Defend them all you want but personally I can't stand people taking credit for something like this. I hope the dumbfucks that gave them money get nothing in return.

I'm not sure as to how much credit they actually have to take for it, but it was a big deal surrounding the release of these games. Camaraderie within a hobby like this is always a good thing. Even if they had 0% to do with it, people will still look back at all the bullshit that surrounded the release of these games due to Nintendo's laughably incompetent decisions. When they do look back, Operation Rainfall will be remembered as well. It's as simple as that really. What kind of dick sits on his computer at home grousing about this and hoping people lose $10? That sounds like a dumb fuck.

[quote name='Slowdance']Operation Rainfall had less than nothing to do with the games getting picked up. Nintendo announces each quarters releases during an investor call on the first day of that quarter. They had Xenoblade lined up for months already.

Xseed published TLS, and were probably pretty stoked for the opportunity.
Also, Pandora's Tower isn't even going to get released in NA. Not only did these asshats take credit for something they had no effect on, they stole the design of the box they aren't actually going to make from the official box from the UK.

Defend them all you want but personally I can't stand people taking credit for something like this. I hope the dumbfucks that gave them money get nothing in return.[/QUOTE]

But but but but its gaming history! Now you can tell your grand kids all about it. "whats that?" " "Oh that's just some worthless box made at Kinko's i got suckered into paying 10 bucks for that i thought i was gonna sit on to make me some money".

[quote name='Zaku77'] When they do look back, Operation Rainfall will be remembered as well. It's as simple as that really.[/QUOTE]

Ahahahahaha, this has to be a joke post.

I'll remember them like i'll remember 100k strong. As some sorry fucking nerds that tried their best to make a name for themselves while failing miserably and spectacularly at their stated goal.

bread's done
Back