Xenoblade Chronicles - Operation Rainfall Collectors Edition Box $10

How dare people band together and try and make something happen. Those fuckers wanted something so bad that they tried to do something other than bitch on forums. They're all probably going to hell for it in fact. You two are about as stupid as that dumb cunt that said 'um bridge' in a thread yesterday. What the hell is happening around here.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Glad I got my box from HMV instead of this one.[/QUOTE]

+1

I'm still curious though if they will ever send the box to those who went into for this Operation Rainfall box. Whether or not you agree with it or like those guys or not I think the people that paid them money with the expectation to get that box deserve some kind of answer.

[quote name='Zaku77']How dare people band together and try and make something happen. Those fuckers wanted something so bad that they tried to do something other than bitch on forums. They're all probably going to hell for it in fact. You two are about as stupid as that dumb cunt that said 'um bridge' in a thread yesterday. What the hell is happening around here.[/QUOTE]

What exactly is it that you think they did aside from tweeting about it? I'm honestly curious, as I saw basically nothing from them aside from getting mentioned when a few of them showed up at E3 or whatever. Then Xenoblade got announced since Ninty was done promoting Zelda and they reappeared to celebrate their "victory".

Can you tell me honestly what they did aside from from occasionally harassing somebody on twitter and then apologizing for it?

Expect them to vanish as quickly as they formed when it comes to actually having to ship this garbage out. If they're really waiting till pandoras tower somehow comes out before they even try to ship this out then they truly are stupid.

They got a presence together. Bitching on forums is one thing (and happens for just about everything). Organizing people into a collective group shows a hell of a lot more to a company than magemaster123 and bardsong4eva on the x,y, or z forum really want this game! There were articles about them on gaming sites, they sent letters to Nintendo, and helped bring Xenoblade up to the #1 pre-order on amazon before it was even announced for the US. That's definitely a lot more than nothing, and there is only so much people can do.

From the looks of things, Pandora's Tower probably won't get a physical release in North America. You might want to store another quality game in your collector's case. Like Ninjabread Man.

My point is, the case probably won't be complete. I'm still hoping for the best, though! But if you look at Operation Rainfall's Facebook page, they... seem to have shifted their focus, to put it charitably. I guess the campaign got exhausting.

Wow, I totally missed this back in April. Hilarious. What exactly is this money that they're raising going to do exactly? Send homemade presskits to publishers who are already perfectly aware of this game, and could just go on Google themselves if they wanted to print out some information and artwork? Awesome. Oh, and you get an "official" box with the logo of a group that "officially" has absolutely nothing to do with these games whatsoever. This was just the laugh I needed today.

I hit them up on twitter and they responded within an hour. Here's what they said "We're working on it. The process for the boxes took way longer than we anticipated but we are in the final stages."

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Wow, I totally missed this back in April. Hilarious. What exactly is this money that they're raising going to do exactly? Send homemade presskits to publishers who are already perfectly aware of this game, and could just go on Google themselves if they wanted to print out some information and artwork? Awesome. Oh, and you get an "official" box with the logo of a group that "officially" has absolutely nothing to do with these games whatsoever. This was just the laugh I needed today.[/QUOTE]

Kind of missing the point. But, I guess everyone has a difference in opinion.

[quote name='Zaku77']They got a presence together. Bitching on forums is one thing (and happens for just about everything). Organizing people into a collective group shows a hell of a lot more to a company than magemaster123 and bardsong4eva on the x,y, or z forum really want this game! There were articles about them on gaming sites, they sent letters to Nintendo, and helped bring Xenoblade up to the #1 pre-order on amazon before it was even announced for the US. That's definitely a lot more than nothing, and there is only so much people can do.[/QUOTE]

Are you literally retarded? The preorder on Amazon was from a year and a half before hand when Nintendo DID announce the game under a different name. How do you think the product page got there? I had it preordered long before they made that a part of their "campaign".

So now you're basically left with "they bitched on forums". Which is not something unique to them. Most of the stories about them were making fun of them.

"We're working on it. The process for the boxes took way longer than we anticipated but we are in the final stages."

Translation: "Oh shit people really wanted this? We totally forgot about it"

What was this thread about again? A little collector's case that you get if you donate a few bucks to a cause that is trying to promote a few games it wants localized?

It's almost staggering how much gossip and criticism Operation Rainfall has received in this thread alone just because it's offering a silly gift to anyone who wants to offer them money.

OK guys. We know. You are of a superior race who are smart enough to comprehend the art of box making in ways we could never understand. But please, go fuck yourselves in the asses and leave the discussion to people who are actually discussing the deal, not discussing the legitimacy of the deal. You don't like operation rainfall? Woopdy fucking doo, go circle jerk about your higher mental capacity somewhere else.

[quote name='KtMack23']OK guys. We know. You are of a superior race who are smart enough to comprehend the art of box making in ways we could never understand. But please, go fuck yourselves in the asses and leave the discussion to people who are actually discussing the deal, not discussing the legitimacy of the deal. You don't like operation rainfall? Woopdy fucking doo, go circle jerk about your higher mental capacity somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

Very entertaining meltdown, but $10 for a box is not a deal by any stretch of the imagination.

[quote name='Slowdance']Very entertaining meltdown, but $10 for a box is not a deal by any stretch of the imagination.[/QUOTE]

It's just a little extra for donating to Operation Rainfall's cause. It's not really meant to be a deal. That kind of thinking, though, hasn't stopped people from posting Kickstarter projects on this board.

[quote name='Slowdance']Very entertaining meltdown, but $10 for a box is not a deal by any stretch of the imagination.[/QUOTE]

Its not a meltdown, its just we can't have a discussion about something without people trolling how stupid this is. I don't go troll apple threads with posts about how android is better, and I'd expect others to do the same.

[quote name='Zaku77']I'm not sure as to how much credit they actually have to take for it, but it was a big deal surrounding the release of these games. Camaraderie within a hobby like this is always a good thing. Even if they had 0% to do with it, people will still look back at all the bullshit that surrounded the release of these games due to Nintendo's laughably incompetent decisions. When they do look back, Operation Rainfall will be remembered as well. It's as simple as that really. What kind of dick sits on his computer at home grousing about this and hoping people lose $10? That sounds like a dumb fuck.[/QUOTE]

Hahahah, no one will even subconsciously think about Operation Rainfall in a year. This is not a piece of gaming history. Anyone who thinks so is just trying to justify the $10 they wasted.

I love how the trolls in this thread will spew about how the OR box is "worthless", and then clutch their HMV boxes like they're made of fuck ing platinum. They're both just paper boxes. Maybe you think OR is a joke and won't remember it but lots of people will and that gives value to the box. Even if it ends up not being worth shit it will mean something to me. I guarantee most of the people in this thread have spent more on reconstituted dog meat at Taco Bell in one sitting than the $10 donation amount OR was asking.

So, these boxes aren't released yet? wow

[quote name='Forsvaine']From the looks of things, Pandora's Tower probably won't get a physical release in North America. You might want to store another quality game in your collector's case. Like Ninjabread Man.
[/QUOTE]

eheheheh, that's $10 well spent.

[quote name='KanYozakura']I love how the trolls in this thread will spew about how the OR box is "worthless", and then clutch their HMV boxes like they're made of fuck ing platinum. They're both just paper boxes. Maybe you think OR is a joke and won't remember it but lots of people will and that gives value to the box. Even if it ends up not being worth shit it will mean something to me. I guarantee most of the people in this thread have spent more on reconstituted dog meat at Taco Bell in one sitting than the $10 donation amount OR was asking.[/QUOTE]

I don't necessarily think that one is better than the other, like you said they are both just paper, but on the other hand I actually have the HMV box so...

Anyway, I didn't get it for the paper box. I got it for the Pandora's Tower CE + the bonus art book from all 3 games. The box was just an extra. It's nice to have but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

Hopefully this gets moved ( which it should have been a long ass time ago) and not have dumb asses resurrect month old threads just to bitch that they didn't get their kinkos box from a group that probably forgot to make this shit in the first place and thought they would collect free money without anyone noticing.

So, will the box be big enough to house not only the game cases, but also the artbooks as well as the special outer "book" case that the Last Story comes in, and also any possible special case that Pandora's Tower may come in?

[quote name='KtMack23']Its not a meltdown, its just we can't have a discussion about something without people trolling how stupid this is. I don't go troll apple threads with posts about how android is better, and I'd expect others to do the same.[/QUOTE]

A couple of people have mentioned that because the boxes haven't been sent out yet, this could all just be a scam. Do you know when the boxes are supposed to be sent to those who donated?

Also, if you click on the link, they claim to be taking in donations from people worldwide and will supposedly ship a box to them if they donate at least $10. Do you have any idea how much it costs to ship something securely overseas?

Even the domestic shipping (assuming that these people at Operation Rainfall are located here in the U.S.) can add up to some serious expenses. Who's going to cover that cost since they say that practically ALL the donation money will go towards reaching publishers?

So can you at least understand why some people are rather skeptical about this?

[quote name='XombieOO7']So, will the box be big enough to house not only the game cases, but also the artbooks as well as the special outer "book" case that the Last Story comes in, and also any possible special case that Pandora's Tower may come in?[/QUOTE]

The HMV box, which this one seems to be modeled after, has just enough room for 3 standard game cases plus the HMV exclusive artbook from all 3 games. That book has a lot of recycled pictures so if you have the Xenoblade and Last Story US bonus art books you pretty much have the same images minus the PT stuff of course.

The HMV artbook is about the size of a game box but slightly narrower width-wise. Since that book seems to have been made specifically to fit into that box I wouldn't expect the art books from Gamestop or XSeed to fit into a box that they didn't commission or make.

The US Xenoblade artbook from Gamestop, FWIW, will definitely not fit in the HMV box I can personally attest. I don't have the XSeed book, but the pictures I've seen of it make it look slightly taller than the game box so I'm going to say it probably won't fit either.

[quote name='XombieOO7']
So can you at least understand why some people are rather skeptical about this?[/QUOTE]

Im an adult an can make my own decisions, and I've already given them my money along with a bunch of other people, so the millionth sceptic isn't doing much good. And if I don't get the box, big whoop, I lost the cost of some cheapo best buy game.

[quote name='Slowdance']Yea, not so sure about that one.[/QUOTE]

You walked into a 'room' all about the color green, and bitched your ass off at the very existence of it. You have asserted your mental superiority for not partaking in the color green. You have acted as though the color green raped your mother and kicked your dog. You have taken away and all things that a person could say good about the color green because you don't care to listen to them. You have also insulted all those that like the color green. Now, replace green with Operation Rainfall and its stupid little box, which for the record I did not buy, and you have the actual picture. The person not acting like an adult here is you.

Why should we be surprised, though? CAG is filled to the brim with people like you nowadays, sitting at their E-thrones waging war on the 'peons' who are so beneath them. The funny thing is, though, it's always people like you that can't comprehend an argument or have a conversation. Regardless of who's right or wrong, it's how you go about discussing. It's about how well you actually 'listen' to the other side, and thoughtfully respond. Of course, I'm just a peon, and you're... you, so I'm clearly in the wrong. Do us a favor, yeah? Put your hand back in your pants where it belongs, and quit trying to make yourself feel like an actual human being by trolling message boards.

Are you familiar with post birth abortion, by chance? I think you'd be a fantastic candidate for it!

[quote name='Zaku77']You walked into a 'room' all about the color green, and bitched your ass off at the very existence of it. You have asserted your mental superiority for not partaking in the color green. You have acted as though the color green raped your mother and kicked your dog. You have taken away and all things that a person could say good about the color green because you don't care to listen to them. You have also insulted all those that like the color green. Now, replace green with Operation Rainfall and its stupid little box, which for the record I did not buy, and you have the actual picture. The person not acting like an adult here is you.

Why should we be surprised, though? CAG is filled to the brim with people like you nowadays, sitting at their E-thrones waging war on the 'peons' who are so beneath them. The funny thing is, though, it's always people like you that can't comprehend an argument or have a conversation. Regardless of who's right or wrong, it's how you go about discussing. It's about how well you actually 'listen' to the other side, and thoughtfully respond. Of course, I'm just a peon, and you're... you, so I'm clearly in the wrong. Do us a favor, yeah? Put your hand back in your pants where it belongs, and quit trying to make yourself feel like an actual human being by trolling message boards.

Are you familiar with post birth abortion, by chance? I think you'd be a fantastic candidate for it!

[quote name='Zaku77']You walked into a 'room' all about the color green, and bitched your ass off at the very existence of it. You have asserted your mental superiority for not partaking in the color green. You have acted as though the color green raped your mother and kicked your dog. You have taken away and all things that a person could say good about the color green because you don't care to listen to them. You have also insulted all those that like the color green. Now, replace green with Operation Rainfall and its stupid little box, which for the record I did not buy, and you have the actual picture. The person not acting like an adult here is you.

Neat-o, you just rephrased 'u mad bro'. You know that part where I said you don't know how to have a discussion and are, in fact, the one acting immature?

[quote name='Slowdance']The meltdowns in this thread are delicious, keep em coming![/QUOTE]

Neat-o, you just rephrased 'u mad bro'. You know that part where I said you don't know how to have a discussion and are, in fact, the one acting immature?

[quote name='ancientbarb']Judging from the posts you make, you are no better.[/QUOTE]

I know, man! I bring up the positives of Operation Rainfall. I point out that the people in here howling at the moon over the existence of this thing and actually hoping people lose their money are dicks. I even respond to replies from people with a rebuttal instead of just name calling. I'm probably worse than everybody in here combined...

Also want to respond to this one:

[quote name='Slowdance']Are you literally retarded? The preorder on Amazon was from a year and a half before hand when Nintendo DID announce the game under a different name. How do you think the product page got there? I had it preordered long before they made that a part of their "campaign".

So now you're basically left with "they bitched on forums". Which is not something unique to them. Most of the stories about them were making fun of them.[/QUOTE]

That is, indeed, why the pre-order page on amazon existed in the first place. Operation Rainfall had a big campaign to get people to actually pre-order it, and definitely had a hand in pushing it up to number one on amazon. It was when it was officially announced for Europe and NOA was officially not saying anything for all that time. It was to show them people voting with their dollars. It's actually an extremely effective way to show consumer interest. It's too bad NOA hasn't got the best PR people. That was probably one of the coolest things they did, though. Please do some searching around if you don't remember the situation. I was pretty excited about it at the time, but I'm retarded, so my memory is really bad. The instance I'm referring to could also be completely made up. My slow mind tends to do that sometimes...

[quote name='Zaku77']Neat-o, you just rephrased 'u mad bro'. You know that part where I said you don't know how to have a discussion and are, in fact, the one acting immature?
[/QUOTE]

You started with a paragraph that sounded like a creepy fanfic, and eventually mentioned that I would be a good candidate for death.

Please explain how after that, you feel you are taking the high road? Its all lulz to me, I just want you to understand how fucking stupid this looks.

[quote name='omyard']After watching your "unboxing" of SC IV you're obviously use to getting screwed over. From this to that, to wearing an Iced Earth shirt when the last album Shaffer was able to put out was "The Glorious Burden" and even that was questionable and only saved by Ripper's vocals, much like the few salvageable tracks off of "Framing Armageddon". You're obviously use to getting let down or having low expectations.[/QUOTE]

Haha nice to see a fellow metal fan! Iced Earth have been crap since back when Barlow left the first time. I do love their 'pre-ripper' material, though, so I don't mind representing them with a t-shirt. Also, I didn't buy this stupid little box. I have a steelbook for each game, and those wouldn't even fit in it. I just can't deal with the way some folks are acting in here. The box is quite dumb, but to downgrade anything that Operation Rainfall tried to achieve, and just the fact that it was a cool group project is just lame. Hoping that people lose $10 and talking down to them for having spent it is even lamer. I guess that's what it takes to be an adult, though...

Also, Slowdrive, "good candidate for death" had a really nice ring to it. You have made my whole point shine in a new way. I thank you for that. I hope you also enjoyed my fan fiction. I never knew a simple metaphor/comparison could be considered fan fiction, but I guess I shall add that to my repertoire!

I finally checked to see why this thread keeps getting a bump. Finds out its two guys refusing to lose a flame war. Keep it going.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Hahahah, no one will even subconsciously think about Operation Rainfall in a year. This is not a piece of gaming history. Anyone who thinks so is just trying to justify the $10 they wasted.[/QUOTE]

Forgot to quote this for truth.

(Some) of you guys do realize you waste more than $10 on Coffee, McDonalds, Cigarettes, daily right?

If people want a box, who really cares. To those of you "hoping" that anyone involved gets screwed, or never recieves their items, two thoughts:

1. It's only $10...
2. It's pretty lifeless, and pathetic that you care so much.

Let people do their thing. I personally think most Collector's Edition content is stupid, but people still dig them. That said, I have over 300 physical games in my entertainment room. I am constantly buying new shelves/bookcases to house them better, so I bought one (of the demon-boxes) to keep the three games more organized. I give less than two shits about OR. If HMV sold just the box I would have probably grabbed it from there.

It's really no different than those of you who spend $20-30 on steelbook cases.

I gotta admit though, it's pretty comical to see people "who don't care" so infuriated. :lol:

ps. This was my excuse to bump, and let the drama continue, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to create a kickstarter for Mother 3. For $30, you get a box to hold all one or so of the games actually released here.

That empty space will always fill you with hope, though!

[quote name='Pojo']I need to create a kickstarter for Mother 3. For $30, you get a box to hold all one or so of the games actually released here.

That empty space will always fill you with hope, though![/QUOTE]

Can you include a complimentary handkerchief to dry my tears of shattered hopes and dreams?

If so, link me.

[quote name='Jokerkun890'](Some) of you guys do realize you waste more than $10 on Coffee, McDonalds, Cigarettes, daily right?

If people want a box, who really cares. To those of you "hoping" that anyone involved gets screwed, or never recieves their items, two thoughts:

1. It's only $10...

Let people do their thing. I personally think most Collector's Edition content is stupid, but people still dig them. That said, I have over 300 physical games in my entertainment room. I am constantly buying new shelves/bookcases to house them better, so I bought one (of the demon-boxes) to keep the three games more organized. I give less than two shits about OR. If HMV sold just the box I would have probably grabbed it from there.

I gotta admit though, it's pretty comical to see people "who don't care" so infuriated. :lol:

ps. This was my excuse to bump, and let the drama continue, lol.[/QUOTE]

Uhhh, the only ones lookin infuriated are the people we are laughing at, and they should be infuriated because they should be embarrassed that they wasted $10. Using $10 on McDonald's and coffee actually feeds you and you don't buy it months in advance in the hopes of getting your meal.

I keep coming in this thread because it's entertaining as fuck, not because I care so much about how you spend your money.

If you want a case go for it. Put one or a group of people gathering your money will not make the game localized. What are they going to do? say "Hey game company here is $600 bucks these suckers gave us to talk to you, imagine what type of money they'll actually pay for a game."

[quote name='lilseung']I finally checked to see why this thread keeps getting a bump. Finds out its two guys refusing to lose a flame war. Keep it going.[/QUOTE]

Indeed - I just cleared out most of that. Guys, please keep it on topic and stop with the personal attacks.

[quote name='Jokerkun890'](Some) of you guys do realize you waste more than $10 on Coffee, McDonalds, Cigarettes, daily right?

1. It's only $10...

ps. This was my excuse to bump, and let the drama continue, lol.[/QUOTE]

BTW target has some nice cheap shelfs (build at home type) called media towers 25$
I have 4 use them to house my 300+ games n for a little while have a bit of room

bread's done
Back