XMen Legends II: Co-Op

did anybody else find that the first game was trash and repetitive, fighting the same stupid foes all the time or was it just me. Unless the second game is DRASTICALLY different count me out!!

[quote name='mingleje']did anybody else find that the first game was trash and repetitive, fighting the same stupid foes all the time or was it just me.[/QUOTE]

I agree. The first one was overrated, trite and seemed like it was written for children.

I'm hearing that this one improved and revolves around the last games positive points. I hope so...

[quote name='CheapyD']I have a sinking feeling that the multiplayer for this game is going to not be implemented well. Unless I am mistaken, we haven't heard jack about the multiplayer features and I am thinking that is not a good sign. Hopefully, I am wrong.[/QUOTE] Looks like I was wrong...

Team Xbox says...

"Players can take part in another player’s game at any point of the story as long as that player is the host. This is a great feature because it allows you to play as much of the game alone or with friends as necessary. This way you don’t have to always wait for your friends to hop online to continue your progress. The seamless integration of the single-player and multiplayer support, both online and off, enables players to experience the game from start to finish without having to commit to playing one way or the other. "

[quote name='CheapyD']Looks like I was wrong...

Team Xbox says...

"Players can take part in another player’s game at any point of the story as long as that player is the host. This is a great feature because it allows you to play as much of the game alone or with friends as necessary. This way you don’t have to always wait for your friends to hop online to continue your progress. The seamless integration of the single-player and multiplayer support, both online and off, enables players to experience the game from start to finish without having to commit to playing one way or the other. "[/QUOTE]

Thank God. I was worried, too. Apparently it's just one that slipped by everyone's radar, lost in the shuffle between Lockdown, Burnout, Far Cry, 360, and whatever else this fall holds..

[quote name='mmn']I probably wouldn't buy this game if it had Havok. One of the worst characters in the Xmen universe. Basically he's just a pussy version of Cyclops.[/QUOTE]

If you really read plenty of comics you'd know how wrong that is, especially within the last 2 years since his return. They're night and day now.

What you said is like saying Sabretooth is a pussy version of Wolverine. Sure there are similarities but there's a lot of differences between the two.

Ok Jaket and myself played for about 45 mins. It's pretty good so far. Leveling up is a killer though. We raced through the first 6 levels on each of our 4 players and found us stopping for 1 minute to level up. But all that will be ironed out when it takes more XP to level. But i'm liking it so far and can't wait to get a full group of 4.

would be interested in playing on xbl. just got the game in the mail 2 hours ago, and its been pretty good so far. i really dont mind who i play as, just want to play. gamertag - BatmanR.

[quote name='phatbunbao']I dont get whats so great about deadpool, he's nothin special[/QUOTE]

He kills people for money and talks shit while doing it. That's fucking bad ass in my book.

I'm about an hour into the game and so far so good. Its basically exactly like the first but has a few improvements. You seem to level up faster but there are quite a bit more levels and powers. The randomization of the items dropped is a plus and some of the new characters are a blast to use - Magneto and Scarlet Witch in particular.

Can't wait to try this out on Xbox Live this weekend.

The Live aspect is kinda fucked if you plan on following the story or playing with the same people ALL the time. Or the people you play with don't care about the story. Other than that, it's great.

Reviews are in..

GS = 8.1
IGN = 8.5 (GC version got an 8.0)

In comparison, GS gave XML an 8.2 (so it went one point down), while IGN gave XML an 8.4 (so it went one point up).

I'm not sure if I regret the purchase yet. There's nothing new to the mechanics, making it feel like the last game...

I think I'm having fun with it, though. Not sure...

I really enjoy this game. I'm not sure why; it's repetitive, and not much different from the first one. But regardless, I love the hell out of this game. Guess it's just the X-men/comic book fan in me.

Got it this afternoon (was a bitch too, had to wait for over an hour and a half in line at Gamestop cause they couldnt find people's preorders). Played about 15 min of it in single player and it seems like a vast improvement over the 1st game. Cant wait to play it on Live tomorrow. Anyone wanna join me? Sometime like 5 pm (pacific)?

I'm praying that Rhino will still have it in stock after my classes. I'm sure they won't. I'm so freakin' hyped for it, i'm sitting here watching Season 1, Episode 3 of the animated series, where Magneto confronts Beast in his cell. I'm dying for the game.. I just have a feeling that they'll sell out and I won't get my copies :(

I can't play with certain people online because I have a different audio/video setup? How fucking stupid is that?

EDIT: I just changed my shit to the standard red/white/yellow audio video cables that my friend uses, and I still can't join his room and he can't join mine. fuck this game.

OK, problems. I'm trying to join Trakan, and I get:

"The game requires that all players use the same television standard, video mode, and resolution to play online together. This player is using a different television standard, video mode, or resolution. You are unable to join this game."

=WTF???

[quote name='Scorch']OK, problems. I'm trying to join Trakan, and I get:

"The game requires that all players use the same television standard, video mode, and resolution to play online together. This player is using a different television standard, video mode, or resolution. You are unable to join this game."

=WTF???[/QUOTE]

That fucking sucks! Why should it matter if you are playing in HD or standard, or fullscreen or widescreen... that's just plain fucked up. If all the other games can work with different standards, why can't this one?

Anyone up for a game? I'm using red/yellow/white cables with a full screen tv.

And I agree, the whole thing is stupid not letting you play because of that.

I sent a nice e-mail to the Activision support site. I hope they understand it:

We're sorry, you cannot read this Support Question because you are using a different computer, monitor and resolution than the sender.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']That fucking sucks! Why should it matter if you are playing in HD or standard, or fullscreen or widescreen... that's just plain fucked up. If all the other games can work with different standards, why can't this one?[/QUOTE]

I searched for all available games at around 8pm today, and apparently no one is playing this at 720p widescreen. Guess I wasn't destined to play this online...

Wow, so if the PSP version ends up supporting infastructure that might be the way to go for online play then. I mean its not like you can have different psp displays...

Well if anyone wants to get down either tonight or Saturday night, I'm up for it.

I'm at 720p, widescreen.

[quote name='Trakan']I can't play with certain people online because I have a different audio/video setup? How fucking stupid is that?

EDIT: I just changed my shit to the standard red/white/yellow audio video cables that my friend uses, and I still can't join his room and he can't join mine. fuck this game.[/QUOTE]
Just so you know, I helped Trakan fix his problem and we were able to play. Also Trakan suck host. :lol:

[quote name='zewone']Just so you know, I helped Trakan fix his problem and we were able to play. Also Trakan suck host. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Zew, hopefully my shit is up soon by tomrorow. I work 7am-3pm so when I gte back I hope its on lol. I'll pm you tomorrow if this shits workign again.

Yeah, I saw the TV thing when I hopped on Live last night and thought that it was a joke. I mean lets base a game's online play on what kind of set up someone has. So I am screw when it comes to playing with someone that is actually able to afford a nice TV set up.

I can't wait to see what their response is to your email Scorch.

The "television set-up" is speaking in terms of Euro-standard and U.S.-standard television sets.

Which, still, is a little weird. There are some other games that don't allow this, but there are some that clearly do (Halo 2).

[quote name='Brak']The "television set-up" is speaking in terms of Euro-standard and U.S.-standard television sets.

Which, still, is a little weird. There are some other games that don't allow this, but there are some that clearly do (Halo 2).[/QUOTE]

You ready to crawl into that hole?

[quote name='craven_fiend']You ready to crawl into that hole?[/QUOTE]

Ha! I wish.

Oh! You mean the hole on X-Men Legends II? ... heh heh...

Well, I wish I could, but I'm at work right now until around 10 PM. If you're on then, I wanna play. But don't you go to work? :\

[quote name='Brak']Ha! I wish.

Oh! You mean the hole on X-Men Legends II? ... heh heh...

Well, I wish I could, but I'm at work right now until around 10 PM. If you're on then, I wanna play. But don't you go to work? :\[/QUOTE]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah, on the game. I should be around then, unless the 'ol ball and chain wants to do something tonight, or I go out drinking. I work Sunday-Thursday nights 10PM -6:30 AM

[quote name='ajh2298']If anybody here is still on a Black & White TV I will be on tonight around 10:00pm E.S.T.[/QUOTE]

Looks like we may have a 3rd, unless you have to start all the way over, in which case, we still have our 3rd Brak.

[quote name='craven_fiend']:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah, on the game. I should be around then, unless the 'ol ball and chain wants to do something tonight, or I go out drinking. I work Sunday-Thursday nights 10PM -6:30 AM[/QUOTE]

Women!? Drinks!? You think these thing supercede video games!?

Yer unlce playin'?

[quote name='Brak']Women!? Drinks!? You think these thing supercede video games!?

Yer unlce playin'?[/QUOTE]

Well, if I get the right call, then yes, they supercede even video games. Not sure yet, I haven't gotten a chance to talk to him, but I was refering to ajh2298, as a 3rd.

Do we have any takers for around 10 EST?

[quote name='Scorch']I'm on.[/QUOTE]

I noticed, but saw you weren't using your mic, so I just played the single player a bit. I should be getting back on within 20-30 minutes. And at that time, we might have a foursome to run with for a little while. I call dibs on Iceman.

[quote name='Brak']The "television set-up" is speaking in terms of Euro-standard and U.S.-standard television sets.

Which, still, is a little weird. There are some other games that don't allow this, but there are some that clearly do (Halo 2).[/QUOTE]

If that's true, then there hasn't been anyone with an NTSC TV playing the three times i've searched for games... I think it DOES refer to 720p/480p/480i/16:9. That's the only possible explanation for this.

[quote name='craven_fiend']I noticed, but saw you weren't using your mic, so I just played the single player a bit. I should be getting back on within 20-30 minutes. And at that time, we might have a foursome to run with for a little while. I call dibs on Iceman.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't using my mic because I was playing single player.

Okay, so, I finally played around with the co-op, and i've gotta say..

..this is the best co-op game to date on XBox Live, and definately in my top 3 favorite live games. My mutant of choice is Wolverine, of course, but i'm also using Nightcrawler a bit.

bread's done
Back