XMen Legends II: Co-Op

I will be on tonight.................I hope if I get the game they were holding for me at Blockbuster. Or should I just buy the game?

LMK if anybody want to play. Can another player just jump in at anytime?

is there a solution to the TV resolution problem?
I would really like to set up a game, if you're interested give me a time and we can work it out. If not, then I guess just keep ignoring my posts............. :sad: :sad:

[quote name='Santurio']is there a solution to the TV resolution problem?
I would really like to set up a game, if you're interested give me a time and we can work it out. If not, then I guess just keep ignoring my posts............. :sad: :sad:[/QUOTE]

Are you having a problem with the resolution or just wondering?

Also, if you're ever on the same time as craven and I, you can join our game.

not really a problem with the resolution. The problem is that I can't join people's gams due to the resolution or TV standards. I tried to join a game with Cheapy and it wouldn't let me. What settings do you guys play with? I have my Xbox set to accept all of the resolutions and in widescreen, would I have to change that to play with you?

[quote name='Santurio']not really a problem with the resolution. The problem is that I can't join people's gams due to the resolution or TV standards. I tried to join a game with Cheapy and it wouldn't let me. What settings do you guys play with? I have my Xbox set to accept all of the resolutions and in widescreen, would I have to change that to play with you?[/QUOTE]
You should be using the AV cables that came with the Xbox (white,red,yellow) and your tv should be set to 4:3, not widescreen. This is how Cheapy and a lot of people are playing.

P.S. I know this, because these are the settings I use and me and Cheapy have played this game together.

Is this game compatible with the Memory Card? I need to be able to transfer saves to different Xboxes it seems if I'm gonna be able to play online with the problems between different TV settings.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Is this game compatible with the Memory Card?[/QUOTE]

Negative.

Regarding the TV problems.. if you just go back into settings on the dashboard and change it to "normal", you should be good to go. That's how Xecutioner and I got a game going.

Do you play with your own characters or do you use the characters the host has unlocked and built up?

Anybody plan on playing tonight?

[quote name='zewone']You should be using the AV cables that came with the Xbox (white,red,yellow) and your tv should be set to 4:3, not widescreen. This is how Cheapy and a lot of people are playing.

P.S. I know this, because these are the settings I use and me and Cheapy have played this game together.[/QUOTE]

Really? I am using the HD pack with compnent cables (no HD, no widescreen).
I tried to play with Goosedude who was using s-video (no HD, no widescreen) and it didn't work. Very lame.

Im also playing with the HD cables and using widescreen 480p and cannot find a quickmatch game or anything, I had this game for almost a week and i have yet to be able to play online. Might try Scorch's idea.

[quote name='Santurio']Do you play with your own characters or do you use the characters the host has unlocked and built up? [/QUOTE]

It's whatever the host has. You start off in the game whereever the host is and with the characters he has built up.

EDIT: I should note that X also had HD cables or something hooked in, he unhooked those and put it on normal and we were able to play.

Got the game today. I'm all up for online but just now I'm reading about all these "problems". Regardless I have:

Component cables (Red,Green,Blue) on a non-HD tv. No widescreen or anything.

As long as it's just on normal tv setting I think I can get away with playing with the non-HD people. The component cables haven't made a difference for me yet. And currently I have a save right before the big confrontation with Apocolypse: Gambit is 43 level, Wolverine is 42 or 43 and is built up (for Scorch, of course), and I have Magneto and Iceman pretty stacked. If anyone wants to play the last parts of the game with me just let me know. Also, I wouldn't mind starting a whole new campaign with some guys. I'll be playing this game religiously for the rest of the week so I'll almost always be on. (Note: I HAVE to be Gambit). Once I beat it though (which should be tonight), you will be able to use 2 more characters that aren't available if you still aren't done *that I won't name for spoiler reasons*

[quote name='Santurio']when will you be on?
I'll play at whatever resolution you want.[/QUOTE]

I'll be on after the Monday Night RAW chat tonight (ends @ 10:10pm central time). I plan on starting a room with Scorch because I am interested to see if it'll let me use these 2 new characters that I unlocked shortly before beating the game. If it lets me use them, it makes the game a little better (at least if you like either 2 of the mutants). BUT ever since some storms came my way a few days ago my connection seems to drop right when I need it the most. So best case scenario - I will be hosting a room with 2 unlockables, Gambit (for me) and Wolverine (for Scorch)....worst case scenario is Scorch will be hosting and I will be in there (as Gambit, of course) and then you and whoever else can hop in.

Oh, by the way...if you are playing in either me or Scorch's rooms, make sure your Dashboard video settings are on normal (and if it asks you about 480, 720, or 1080 settings, switch them to no). This way seems to work for most everyone.

[quote name='CheapyD']Really? I am using the HD pack with compnent cables (no HD, no widescreen).
I tried to play with Goosedude who was using s-video (no HD, no widescreen) and it didn't work. Very lame.[/QUOTE]
Then, I'm very confused. I don't know why we are able to play without any complications.

Maybe goose didn't have his shit set to "normal" I think that might have been the problem.

Anyone wanna play now?

Nevermind.

Xecutioner beat the game, and holy crap, one certain unlockable character is going to make a lot of people veeeeeeeeeery happy

[quote name='Scorch']Nevermind.

Xecutioner beat the game, and holy crap, one certain unlockable character is going to make a lot of people veeeeeeeeeery happy[/QUOTE]
Well, damn...now I'm really tempted to get the game. How do you like the SP game so far (I'm guessing you've put up impressions on a previous page, but I'll look over the thread after this post)?

And has anyone been able to track down or had an answer to the HDTV problem?

I never noticed the invite unitl I was ready to get off. When I tried to join I wasn't able to anymore. I'm not exactly sure who sent me the invite but thanks anyway.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Well, damn...now I'm really tempted to get the game. How do you like the SP game so far (I'm guessing you've put up impressions on a previous page, but I'll look over the thread after this post)?

And has anyone been able to track down or had an answer to the HDTV problem?[/QUOTE]

The SP and multiplayer game are the same, and it's wonderful, ESPECIALLY all of the older costumes!!!!!!!

And yeah, unplug the cables or whatever and/or change the settings on your XBox Dashboard to "Normal" under video and you should be fine.

The unlockable characters are no surprise.

I was able to use my component cables with z today. Just had to make sure my Xbox wasn't on Widescreen.

Never let Pimpinc near you if he's Colossus and you're Wolverine next to a pit. Oh, and Trakan sucks at jumping.

Xecutioner, stealing avatars, thanks for coming out.

[quote name='Arikado']Never let Pimpinc near you if he's Colossus and you're Wolverine next to a pit. Oh, and Trakan sucks at jumping.

Xecutioner, stealing avatars, thanks for coming out.[/QUOTE]

Well technically, it's not the SAME avatar.. well, yeah, it's the same, just cropped a bit different :D

I think i'm all XML'ed out tonight, i'm about 8 hours in.. I see myself playing this game for a logn time to come.. I should go back and finish the first X-Men Legends..

[quote name='Arikado']Never let Pimpinc near you if he's Colossus and you're Wolverine next to a pit. Oh, and Trakan sucks at jumping.

That is probably the funniest thing that has ever happened on XBL.

[quote name='Arikado']

Yes, I definitely went through the CAG search to look for someone I've never seen post once on this site just to take their avatar, crop it, and use it as my own. Oh, and I went to the XMen Legends site where they posted the picture and I noticed the fine print at the bottom of the picture that stated that you and only you could use this picture as an avatar. Sorry about that. I moved on, though, and found a better one.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Yes, I definitely went through the CAG search to look for someone I've never seen post once on this site just to take their avatar, crop it, and use it as my own. Oh, and I went to the XMen Legends site where they posted the picture and I noticed the fine print at the bottom of the picture that stated that you and only you could use this picture as an avatar. Sorry about that. I moved on, though, and found a better one.[/QUOTE]

Oh calm the fuck down. It was a joke.

[quote name='Arikado']Oh calm the fuck down. It was a joke.[/QUOTE]

Not everyone on the boards gets the CAG/CAGTac Halo 2 clan jokes. I know, its hard to believe, but yeah.

But anyways..this is one of the last nights I'll play XMen Legends regularly. I'll have a game up tonight with Gambit, *an unlockable character*, Wolverine, and Magneto as the main characters. If anyone wants to play between 5:30pm - 9 or 10pm - 11pm (cental time) then post it or add the gamertag xThaXecutionerx. The game will probably start right after finding Blink (if I remember correctly).

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']:lol:...and I wasn't joking?[/QUOTE]

Oh no, it's on now. If it's an avatar fight you want, it's an avatar fight you've got. ;)

[quote name='Scorch']Your avatar makes gambit look like an emo Saved By The Bell reject.[/QUOTE]

Good. That's what I was going for.

Kado's avatar wins. I don't know why he has a pic of Gambit anyway. I'm Gambit. He's Wolverine.

Woo! This is better than Mardi Gras!

[quote name='Trakan']
Woo! This is better than Mardi Gras![/QUOTE]
Seriously. Gambit tells it like it is. Kado why do you have a Gambit avi?

bread's done
Back