Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

I know this isn't the thread to ask, but the thread to ask this in is a ghost town. I need some coves for 3/4 DS games that o can't find online... I tried cover project or whatever it's called and Google search already.. Any help greatly appreciated. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to my games so this is driving me crazy D:

I know this isn't the thread to ask, but the thread to ask this in is a ghost town. I need some coves for 3/4 DS games that o can't find online... I tried cover project or whatever it's called and Google search already.. Any help greatly appreciated. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to my games so this is driving me crazy D:
Which games?

Minor update to the manga portion of the collection since I added a new shelf due to the overflowing amount of manga since last update,

kGAbSgv.jpg

zpfuD7i.jpg

NCH2HgY.jpg

can someone recommend a place to buy replacement ps3 clear game cases (with just the blu-ray logo on the upper right corner in the front) - I've checked Amazon and eBay and it's hard to know from pictures whether those cases are like the originals. Reviews always mention little things that don't match the originals so I'm hoping someone with experience here can point me to a particular seller or vendor who they had good experience with.

Thanks!

can someone recommend a place to buy replacement ps3 clear game cases (with just the blu-ray logo on the upper right corner in the front) - I've checked Amazon and eBay and it's hard to know from pictures whether those cases are like the originals. Reviews always mention little things that don't match the originals so I'm hoping someone with experience here can point me to a particular seller or vendor who they had good experience with.

Thanks!
SONY changed the design a few times. Some cases have slightly smaller window area, so the cover art does not lay flat. It all depends on the age of the game.

Not really a collection, but I got home from a 1 week vacation and found all this nonsense waiting for me.  Was all purchased from info I saw on CAG.  I might need to stay off the site for a while.

dmzeOcH.jpg

Not really a collection, but I got home from a 1 week vacation and found all this nonsense waiting for me. Was all purchased from info I saw on CAG. I might need to stay off the site for a while.

dmzeOcH.jpg
Hahaha

Your house looks like mine, all my game purchases and then my baby's toys in the background

Sorry, just made me smile.

Does your kid love to go play "lets throw mommy's games everywhere" too?

Hahaha

Your house looks like mine, all my game purchases and then my baby's toys in the background

Sorry, just made me smile.

Does your kid love to go play "lets throw mommy's games everywhere" too?
He's 2 and a half and really good about being careful, but I give him a few things like skylanders that he can beat the hell out of. My daughter is only 6 months and I just gave her a tree rex out of those $0.80 skylander packs and she loved it.

My collection is pretty much all over the place right now as I just bought a house afew months ago and haven't finished the basement. So I pretty much just took pictures of the systems. Have about 15-20 PS2 games stored away I didn't take pictures of. My collection needs alot of work after looking at everybody else's pictures. Sorry for the picture overload!

IMG_6611_zpsnptl4x82.jpg

IMG_6604_zpsrpxwuchr.jpg

IMG_6606_zpsr4qwnul1.jpg

IMG_6612_zpstduruewq.jpg
IMG_6608_zps5ar5cxyh.jpg
IMG_6609_zpsyqdsycwo.jpg
IMG_6610_zpsgg1ezfb5.jpg
IMG_6607_zps7fyve0mx.jpg

10991112_10152674608545924_6340163093260385120_n.jpg

10993461_10152677085560924_9148265246725681418_n.jpg

3DS shelf

10959631_10152677084155924_5594191301976970274_n.jpg

DS Shelf

10450152_10152677086050924_5674770209642619381_n.jpg

360 Shelf

Here is my collection. Slowly rebuilding it after I lost most of it when I moved and it all got stolen.

Added some new games and traded some away.

I want to get a new bookshelf since my DS collection is expanding. Any good suggesttions?

Was thinking of using this: BookShelf

I know this gets asked a lot. Wish there was a wiki thread to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Sauder is popular with some people in this thread. Get it at Walmart or something for $30ish when it's on sale. Square would know more about it. I've only bought them once.

If you're actually looking for bookshelves, Sauder does make some decently priced bookshelves too, and they can indeed be purchased at Walmart.

They will be branded under their Mainstays company title, so if you go to the stores that's what they will be listed under.

I finally found some sort of shelf lol! My Amiibo collection was growing too much, so I had to reorganize where, I had them (on top of my boxed SNES games, which I got for $45 from an yard-sale last year). The shelf now consists of my boxed Nintendo games and Saturn collection, which is pretty big but, I need more long box Saturn cases (all those stacked booklets are actually complete games). Do any of you have an idea, where I can get those cases for cheap?

1st setup

[attachment=12672:first setup.JPG]

2nd setup

[attachment=12673:Kranekinjar's Amiibos.PNG]

boxed stuff/Saturn

[attachment=12674:Kranekin's boxed.PNG]

Take those amiibos off the snes boxes. They will warp. The SNES stuff is worth way more than any amiibo will ever be. Hopefully that was the "before" pic.

I was thinking of doing pictures of my series sets, and after seeing yours, I really want to. I've got a decent Zelda collection myself and a good Last of Us set.

I finally found some sort of shelf lol! My Amiibo collection was growing too much, so I had to reorganize where, I had them (on top of my boxed SNES games, which I got for $45 from an yard-sale last year). The shelf now consists of my boxed Nintendo games and Saturn collection, which is pretty big but, I need more long box Saturn cases (all those stacked booklets are actually complete games). Do any of you have an idea, where I can get those cases for cheap?

1st setup

2nd setup

boxed stuff/Saturn
Ugh... so nice. I wish I had more SNES/N64/SAT games. :whistle2:/

Complete US N64 cart set is completely cased and shelved! Finished the last cover this morning (Gretzky '98). Pretty amped to have em all done :D

BF28DA40-43D1-4125-B95B-A95A7401F0FA.jpg

6A703A70-FB51-41E1-9468-178D7E0DB868.jpg

I think I'm back to collecting hardware for a while now. Got a few sweet pieces on their way from Japan :)

OffT: As far as my avatar goes, I was thinking something non-spike related.

OnT:

Be5okhJ.jpg

Best I can do. 1 of an estimated 36 pics of ps2 games.

Everything to the right of Harvest Moon is sealed.

---

This may get the discussion ball rolling: 

N64 games are the bane of my existence. No top label, and no good way to display them.

The UGCs that wiggy posted are too sterile for my tastes (not a dig, just a preference). I understand printing on white makes the game names pop, but personally I would go with a yellow paper, to make them look less generic and to make it less obvious over time when they naturally yellow.

Or maybe put a background behind the N64 logo on the bottom to make it pop/give it some division between the n64 logo and the game name and a universal line across the entire collection (which could also be a problem lining up).

Thoughts?

Don't people on VGboxart.com make N64 cover art?

I am trying to find sites where I can just print out either custom made or the orginal covers for games like Atelier Annie for DS and stuff like that.

Don't people on VGboxart.com make N64 cover art?

I am trying to find sites where I can just print out either custom made or the orginal covers for games like Atelier Annie for DS and stuff like that.
Wiggie makes the n64 ones on there or cover project I forget which exact one

I noticed a lot of my carts labels have scratches on them, not rips but deeper scratches. Anything that can be done about this? I know it doesn't affect gameplay, but it's annoying. What do you guys do if they can't be fixed, just leave them as is? 

[attachment=12753:WP_20150228_19_31_42_Pro.jpg]

When I think boxed N64 games, green is the first thing that comes to mind. So maybe green instead of yellow?
Yoshi Green? or Luigi green? I was thinking a pale yellow almost a pastel yellow or lighter. IDK, I'll probably never do it anyway. I'm an idea man, not an artist.

I noticed a lot of my carts labels have scratches on them, not rips but deeper scratches. Anything that can be done about this? I know it doesn't affect gameplay, but it's annoying. What do you guys do if they can't be fixed, just leave them as is?

attachicon.gif
WP_20150228_19_31_42_Pro.jpg
I'm not sure if there is a solution, but I would try grease pencils as a scratch filler on an old worthless game. I've never really thought about it or tried it, but I demand credit all over the internet if it works!

The UGCs that wiggy posted are too sterile for my tastes (not a dig, just a preference). I understand printing on white makes the game names pop, but personally I would go with a yellow paper, to make them look less generic and to make it less obvious over time when they naturally yellow.
I print on archival paper. There will be no yellow.

Just get some of those gaudy top labels that everyone and their mother sells on ebay now.

I print on archival paper. There will be no yellow.

Just get some of those gaudy top labels that everyone and their mother sells on ebay now.
The paper is one of four factors. The ink used, the case itself, and the lighting are the other three.

Of course if someone smokes nothing else matters because the smell will be the most noticeable problem.

I've never looked for the top labels, but I am against anything that changes the original appearance for my personal collection. Technically if I were a hardcore game collector, I would only own consoles with all original parts, similar to a car collector...I doubt there are many people in the community who feel the same way though.

"Is that an OEM Nintendo screw?" :whee:

I've added so much stuff to my collection that I really should take a new picture, but I ended up having to put a lot in storage containers because I do not have my game room yet :(

The paper is one of four factors. The ink used, the case itself, and the lighting are the other three.

Of course if someone smokes nothing else matters because the smell will be the most noticeable problem.

I've never looked for the top labels, but I am against anything that changes the original appearance for my personal collection. Technically if I were a hardcore game collector, I would only own consoles with all original parts, similar to a car collector...I doubt there are many people in the community who feel the same way though.

"Is that an OEM Nintendo screw?" :whee:
Archival paper, genuine Canon (pigment-based, not dye-based) inks, in the basement with virtually zero natural light, polypropylene cases (which are also archival). I'm not too worried about yellowing. Even if they did, I can just print them again.

bread's done
Back