Xbox 360 ($59.99)

ZOE_PS3_beauty_shot_55704_screen.jpg

Limited Edition Includes:

- 100 Page Artbook
- Remixed Soundtrack
- Special Gold Metallic Packaging

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='62t']You can add more.[/QUOTE]

you're right I just added 200 to my account and was able to get to the checkout screen.. maybe amazon made an error but if something is limited they usually only let you preorder 1-3..

Grabbed a ps3, but I hope this comes to bestbuy (got reward zone points to use) or newegg along with another round of coupons. Just have to remember to cancel my original order of the standard ed. now if it doesn't show up anywhere else and I keep this one...

[quote name='Covnam']Grabbed a ps3, but I hope this comes to bestbuy (got reward zone points to use) or newegg along with another round of coupons. Just have to remember to cancel my original order of the standard ed. now if it doesn't show up anywhere else and I keep this one...[/QUOTE]

I am torn if I should keep the le sealed or drop my newegg order and open the le up.... Ugh decisions lol

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']This will probably be just as rare as any MGS LE, basically there will only be enough to fulfill preorders, a true LE![/QUOTE]

No way. ZOE LE may become a little rare but in no way is the series as sought after MGS.

You're going to see a lot of people thinking like you and its actually going to kill any kind of monetary flip. I doubt this will reach the value that mgs did its too niche.

MGS is as popular as the final fanatsy series and when the HDLE came out it was under everyones radar because it released the same day as call of duty modern warfare 3.

1st indication its not going to be rare is there is like half a dozen or more members here going OMGZ ITS RAREZ.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Can someone just explain to me how you are on the fence about this? Just explain the thinking process that goes behind it. I'm not trying to insult you, I genuinely don't understand and I like to be able to see things from other people's point of view.

For me, I've never played the games, however, I've heard great things. I love art books and if this is anything like the MGS HD LE one, it should be fuckin sweet. The soundtrack is a bonus. Plus, it's only $60. Finally, it's likely to be pretty rare. Therefore, I know I want it for sure.[/QUOTE]

Well for example, I thought about picking this up. My backlog at the moment though is quite large and with never playing these games..the gamerankings.com rating of these (77% for ZoE1 and 83% for ZoE2) makes it seem like if I never play these games I won't be missing too much.

On the other hand everyone in this thread is making a big fuss about them, so maybe it would be a worthy addition? $60 isn't gonna make or break my bank account either way, but would be better put elsewhere I'm sure. So although I was on the fence (and could have just pre-ordered then cancelled later), decided especially with the WiiU on the way, realistically this would be a $60 piece of bookshelf art.

Hopefully that answers your question a bit

[quote name='jrr6415sun']you're right I just added 200 to my account and was able to get to the checkout screen.. maybe amazon made an error but if something is limited they usually only let you preorder 1-3..[/QUOTE]

Not true at all. You could order as many borderlands 2 loot editions as you wanted. Amazon only limits something if A: they notice a trend of people buying multiples or B: there asked by the publisher to do so.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']So are these games good or not? Fans, sell me on this.[/QUOTE]

The thing that really stands out to me is the fluidity of motion. ZoE's control scheme is fantastic, it's very easy to pull off crazy Super Robot dashes, bursts, massive laser attacks, etc etc. It's a game where the controls just melt away and you don't think about "Okay, I need to hit this combo then move to this then", you just do it.

The combat is smooth and a lot of fun. Movement is handled in full 3D space, with the left control stick handling X/Y axis movement and Triangle/X handling Z axis movement. Dashes are done simply by hitting R2 and the direction you want to dash in. You can easily slip around opponents, dodge lasers, smash them a couple times with your sword, dash out, drop a huge energy bomb, kill them, dash away from their friends, lock on with tons of lasers, fill the sky with death, grab a dude, etc.

That's for both games. ZoE2 changed things up with a subweapon system (don't remember if it's in ZoE1 or not) that let you do tons of different stuff, from homing missiles, the aforementioned grab, and machine guns to GIANT LASERS OF DEATH.

Here's a decent gameplay video, in japanese unfortunately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQOT0AU9MaQ

[quote name='XT14']Well for example, I thought about picking this up. My backlog at the moment though is quite large and with never playing these games..the gamerankings.com rating of these (77% for ZoE1 and 83% for ZoE2) makes it seem like if I never play these games I won't be missing too much.

On the other hand everyone in this thread is making a big fuss about them, so maybe it would be a worthy addition? $60 isn't gonna make or break my bank account either way, but would be better put elsewhere I'm sure. So although I was on the fence (and could have just pre-ordered then cancelled later), decided especially with the WiiU on the way, realistically this would be a $60 piece of bookshelf art.

Hopefully that answers your question a bit[/QUOTE]

The first ZoE is pretty average, but don't let the score fool you on ZoE2. A 83% for RPG is low but very are few games like ZoE. There really isn't a better mech game so you will be missing a lot.

[quote name='Youngnoble']Not true at all. You could order as many borderlands 2 loot editions as you wanted. Amazon only limits something if A: they notice a trend of people buying multiples or B: there asked by the publisher to do so.[/QUOTE]

yes it is true, i can give you hundreds of preorders that have a limit of 3-5. I can't even find 1 other one that you can buy more than 5.

Even the PES 2013 had a preorder limit of 1 for some reason.

If there is a limited supply they will obviously limit the amount of preorders. If I can purchase 200 or more there is no way it's as limited as people think.

[quote name='62t']The first ZoE is pretty average, but don't let the score fool you on ZoE2. A 83% for RPG is low but very are few games like ZoE. There really isn't a better mech game so you will be missing a lot.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, ZoE2 is pretty amazing, among my top 5 favorite PS2 games. Nobody should miss it.

[quote name='eXiON']I think some people here are more worried if this will be limited or not. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but it never hurts to put down a preorder. I didn't realize Limited is only worth it if there was less than 1000 copies as some people make it sound and preorders must all sell out like Virtues last reward.

[quote name='UltimateIdiot911']Yeah, but it never hurts to put down a preorder. I didn't realize Limited is only worth it if there was less than 1000 copies as some people make it sound and preorders must all sell out like Virtues last reward.[/QUOTE]

I agree, Limited nowadays is word used very loosely, seems companies try shoving it into whatever new release comes out. But unless I'm mistaken, Konami's "LE" lineup has actually pretty scarce, I'm not saying -ultra- rare but it's not something you'll end up seeing under clearance.

ZoE is a great series, but it definitely doesn't have the fanclub that MGS has and as such won't be snapped up as quickly. Heck, the only reason I ever played ZoE was because the first ZoE had a demo of MGS2 and I just HAD to have a taste of MGS2.

But as soon as I started playing the game, I was instantly hooked. For it's time, it was something brand new. The sense of speed you got from blitzin' all over the place was amazing, Plus, maybe cause I was a kid back then, but playing as a 13 year old protagonist actually made me grow more attached to the characters.

Needless to say, I definitely think this will be limited. Konami hasn't disappointed yet, and if it isn't. Well I have myself a snazzy looking Boxart!

Man, I've already got the AC III special edition pre-ordered and this comes out more or less at the same time. I really regret missing the MGS HD LE, and while I've never played Zone of the Enders, they seem like they could really be my cup of tea.

Decisions decisions...

EDIT: After thinking it over for a bit, I realized that I...didn't really care for the extras in the AC III LE. The statue is fantastic, but I still have my Ezio from the AC II CE. I think I'll cancel the III LE, take advantage of that Newegg $48.00 deal, and check out more videos of this game on YouTube.

[quote name='62t']The first ZoE is pretty average, but don't let the score fool you on ZoE2. A 83% for RPG is low but very are few games like ZoE. There really isn't a better mech game so you will be missing a lot.[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought ZOE 1 was much better than ZOE 2. ZOE 2 definitely had higher production values, but it didn't seem to recapture the magic of the first one. Kind of like how the Dark Cloud sequels weren't really as good as the first. Though I did enjoy Dark Cloud 2 much more than I did ZOE 2.

[quote name='ItsaMeMario']if this was as rare as it's being hyped up to be it'd be sold out by now[/QUOTE]

The MGS HD LE took a while to sell out, and it's pretty limited now.

Not saying it's gonna actually be limited, but just because it hasn't sold out yet doesn't mean it won't be. Also, every single Kojima LE(at least the 5 I can remember) has at least become semi-rare. SO, it's not completely out of the ordinary to assume the same for this one. It's not your average CE that is guaranteed to become $30 down the road.

Limited doesn't mean anything. Namco for example had that limited edition Tales of Vesperia which goes for hundreds now. But Namco also has the Tekken Hybrid limited edition that can be had for less then retail at several stores to this very day. The release of this is also really close to black friday. The Skyward Sword bundle became limited, but was available for deals on Friday.

Then again, this is Konami we're talking about. I hate being on the fence :p

Kojima games limited editions are usually pretty limited though. MGS4 is arguable but MGS3:S and MGS HD LE (PS3) were pretty much gone on day 1

[quote name='Wario64']Kojima games limited editions are usually pretty limited though. MGS4 is arguable but MGS3:S and MGS HD LE (PS3) were pretty much gone on day 1[/QUOTE]

The Peace Walker one was pretty limited as well... Gamestop eventually put them on clearance, but by then most store's stock was gone. The only way you guaranteed yourself one was pre-ordering.

[quote name='Mixer236']The Peace Walker one was pretty limited as well... Gamestop eventually put them on clearance, but by then most store's stock was gone. The only way you guaranteed yourself one was pre-ordering.[/QUOTE]

I was able to find a copy for $30... I was shocked to see it just sitting there.

Too bad that the Peace Walker and Subsistence LEs both dropped since the HD release.

[quote name='Vinny']I was able to find a copy for $30... I was shocked to see it just sitting there.

Too bad that the Peace Walker and Subsistence LEs both dropped since the HD release.[/QUOTE]

The main draw to Kojima LE has always been the artbooks which are never release separately in the US or anywhere else but Japan(which I'm not even sure if it's the same artworks that are included in these LE). The artwork that was included in the PW artbook is also in the collection's artbook. Not sure if it's the same for Subsistence but I assume it is.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']yes it is true, i can give you hundreds of preorders that have a limit of 3-5. I can't even find 1 other one that you can buy more than 5.

Even the PES 2013 had a preorder limit of 1 for some reason.

If there is a limited supply they will obviously limit the amount of preorders. If I can purchase 200 or more there is no way it's as limited as people think.[/QUOTE]

This is not true at all.

Most listings when first launched on Amazon do not have any order restrictions.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Really? I thought ZOE 1 was much better than ZOE 2. ZOE 2 definitely had higher production values, but it didn't seem to recapture the magic of the first one. Kind of like how the Dark Cloud sequels weren't really as good as the first. Though I did enjoy Dark Cloud 2 much more than I did ZOE 2.[/QUOTE]

Sequels? Did I miss Dark Cloud 3?! ;)

I wish there was a Dark Cloud 3 :whistle2:(

Whether or not its the LE, anyone who willingly passes on ZoE and has never played it before should be shot.

And also, we SERIOUSLY need a Dark Cloud 3......

[quote name='dgwillia006']Whether or not its the LE, anyone who willingly passes on ZoE and has never played it before should be shot.

And also, we SERIOUSLY need a Dark Cloud 3......[/QUOTE]

^Both of these points!

I could have sworn there was a Dark Cloud 3, but as it's not on my shelf it must not exist. Must have played through 2 more than I thought. I googled it to see if I missed it, apparently was cancelled. Too bad, I still would have played it. Throw that one on the pile of needs a sequel games. Maybe we can hope for a similar situation to ZOE and get a 2 pack with trophies preluding to a new sequel.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I could have sworn there was a Dark Cloud 3, but as it's not on my shelf it must not exist. Must have played through 2 more than I thought. I googled it to see if I missed it, apparently was cancelled. Too bad, I still would have played it. Throw that one on the pile of needs a sequel games. Maybe we can hope for a similar situation to ZOE and get a 2 pack with trophies preluding to a new sequel.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a re-release would be awesome. I also find it odd that there are Dark Cloud 1/2 panels for the Vita (And for a few other older/dead series too).

It sure as hell would make me very happy, Dark Cloud 2 was probably one of the biggest surprises I got out of a game on PS2. Brought it expecting something decent, got one of my favorite PS2 games out of it.

I'm really tempted to pick this up, but I got a regular copy on preorder at newegg. I'm wondering if it is worth the extra $30. I'm really wanting to pick up xenoblade and the last story. That $30 could be put towards one of those.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I could have sworn there was a Dark Cloud 3, but as it's not on my shelf it must not exist. Must have played through 2 more than I thought. I googled it to see if I missed it, apparently was cancelled. Too bad, I still would have played it. Throw that one on the pile of needs a sequel games. Maybe we can hope for a similar situation to ZOE and get a 2 pack with trophies preluding to a new sequel.[/QUOTE]

Were you perhaps thinking of Rogue Galaxy?

[quote name='pdjones']Were you perhaps thinking of Rogue Galaxy?[/QUOTE]

Maybe. It definitely came out when DC 3 would have/should have come out.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']So are these games good or not? Fans, sell me on this.[/QUOTE]

To me, they are one of the most memorable series of my PS2 days... and got me back into gaming.

[quote name='Thomas96']I wish that ZOE could have been redone using the engine / graphics they used in ZOE 2.[/QUOTE]

This is the HD collection, so I'm missing some info as to your point? Is there a big graphical diff between 1 and 2?

[quote name='gettinmoney662'] Plus, it's only $60. [/QUOTE]

I know some of you make 6 figures a year after taxes and "slum" it on this site for sh*ts and giggles, but some of us are CAGs out of necessity. If this was one of maybe 2-3 games I'd be interested in buying in the fall, I'd go for it.

Unfortunately I already have pre-orders for at least 3 other games, and my budget can't possibly handle any more full price purchases. I'll be down for the normal edition when it hits sub $20 to see what all the fuss is about. Otherwise the art book, statue, etc. will sit next to the LOTR bookends I got from the DVD, unopened Darth Maul statue from TOR Collector's Edition, and so on.

Kind of bugs me the LE was announced only a month before release, but oh well, at least we're getting one. & for $20 more, might as well get it despite getting the regular edition on Newegg w/ the $10 off pre-orders code. Least I had $15 in Amazon credit to bring it down to $45.

Really hoping the OST has a decent amount of tracks on it. & that Bahram Battleship is included.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Maybe. It definitely came out when DC 3 would have/should have come out.[/QUOTE]

There has never been a DC3. It has been rumored, but certainly not canceled. You can't cancel a game that was never being developed. The rumors were for a PS3 game anyway, years after Rogue Galaxy came out.

[quote name='UnlockPotential']Is this an amazon exclusive? Or in limited supply? I want it but if its gonna be $30 in a couple months then I can wait.[/QUOTE]

Impossible to tell. It could be rare, could be limited, but too niche to sell or something else all together. I would just pick it up since I don't see Konami making a ton of them.

[quote name='UnlockPotential']Is this an amazon exclusive? Or in limited supply? I want it but if its gonna be $30 in a couple months then I can wait.[/QUOTE]

So far it seems to be exclusive to GS and Amazon only like MGS HD LE. As for going down to $30, I have my doubts especially when it's a Kojima game.

Historically, LE from Konami and especially Kojima titles, LE are in fact limited especially if you live in a highly populated area.

[quote name='Nochance']There has never been a DC3. It has been rumored, but certainly not canceled. You can't cancel a game that was never being developed. The rumors were for a PS3 game anyway, years after Rogue Galaxy came out.[/QUOTE]

I know, I meant that if it was going to be made, it would have/should have been released by then. If they were going to make a DC3 it should have happened by the end of the PS2 life cycle. We seemingly got Rogue Galaxy instead.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I know, I meant that if it was going to be made, it would have/should have been released by then. If they were going to make a DC3 it should have happened by the end of the PS2 life cycle. We seemingly got Rogue Galaxy instead.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what you mean by "we got Rogue Galaxy instead." Even if that was how game development worked, RG was started before DC2 was even released.

Like I said, it was rumored as a PS3 game. RG had nothing to do with it.

[quote name='Nochance']I'm not sure what you mean by "we got Rogue Galaxy instead." Even if that was how game development worked, RG was started before DC2 was even released.

Like I said, it was rumored as a PS3 game. RG had nothing to do with it.[/QUOTE]

That's why I said "seemingly". Obviously it didn't come out instead but we could have had DC3 instead of RG if they had chosen to make it instead.

MGS HD LE took awhile to sell out actually. iirc, Amazon didn't sell out until a few weeks before release. Gamestop cut off their preorders relatively early like they usually do. Point is, MGS HD LE did not sell out of preorders crazy fast like Borderlands 2 ULCE or anything. So I'm figuring ZoE will take even longer.

Wish I kept my original MGS HD LE now.

I already have a preorder for the Regular edition for $30 on Newegg, I'm gonna stick with that.

My only concern is that the 360 port will be bad like the Silent Hill one... MGSHD was fine so I have hope.

Hmm, the extras and the packaging are certainly cool, but nothing amazing. ZoE 1 is kinda meh (I bought it and returned it--it's an incredibly short game). ZoE 2 is also incredibly short but it is fantastic.

So $60 for some basic extras of a CD, art book (100 pages and it's pretty big sounds nice), a cool box, with one great game and one not-that-good game? As much as I love Japanese mech craziness, I think I'll pass.

I'll just wait for a price drop on the standard edition I guess.

[quote name='6er']This is the HD collection, so I'm missing some info as to your point? Is there a big graphical diff between 1 and 2?[/QUOTE]

Zoe 2 had more of a shell shaded look plus the gameplay was much better in 2. In this collection ZOE1 really isn't woth playing (imo).

bread's done
Back