Photo
- - - - -

Monoprice.com - Need HDMI, Optical Audio, Component, or Other Cables, Get Them Here

• Please log in to reply
368 replies to this topic

#151 saturnotaku

saturnotaku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:42 PM

I've ordered several HDMI and USB cables from Monoprice in the past and have been very pleased with their customer service and quality of the products. I just ordered some RCA couplers and audio extension cable for less than $4 shipped. Compare that to the $17+ I would have to spend at Radio Shack for the exact same things.

#152 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:28 PM

Can someone point me to the product ID number for PS3 Optical Toslink cables on monoprice? The PS3 101 thread is way too long to search and it only lists IDs for HDMI cables. Thanks in advance!

#153 Plac1d

Plac1d

Bottoms up, Skeletor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:02 PM

Can someone point me to the product ID number for PS3 Optical Toslink cables on monoprice? The PS3 101 thread is way too long to search and it only lists IDs for HDMI cables. Thanks in advance!

Any Toslink cable will do. 1419

#154 OneWingedAngeI

OneWingedAngeI

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:37 PM

ordered a lot from them, they are my only choice for cable needs

#155 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2008 - 04:45 PM

ordered a lot from them, they are my only choice for cable needs

Thanks

#156 jrf5201

jrf5201

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:03 PM

They have some great prices here. my only issue is im trying to link up my 360 to my hdtv but there are so many different types of hdmi..whats the difference between them all?

#157 soliddragon

soliddragon

Early Adopter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:16 PM

Monoprice ftw. Buy all my HDMI from them, work great! Eff Best Buy
'Give me, One more medicated peaceful moment'
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

:ds: :360: :ps3: :3ds: :wii: :pc:

Spoiler

#158 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:45 PM

I order cables from Monoprice.com all the time. None of them have failed me, and some of them have been in use for over two years.

Their shipping is quick, prices reasonable for both cables and shipping, and they have a great assortment of cables.

#159 GrilledWitOnions

GrilledWitOnions

Thrillhouse!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:58 PM

They have some great prices here. my only issue is im trying to link up my 360 to my hdtv but there are so many different types of hdmi..whats the difference between them all?

I always forget. Here is the post I wrote a while back in regards to this question, when I did some research.
Also why is it that when i click the "Diablo" picture, i get sent to pc games without the Diablo and even when i searched for Diablo, i get no results.
Oh boy...You said there was going to be Diablo op. Where is my Diablo? I dont see Diablo. You promised me Diablo.

#160 jrf61606

jrf61606

Posted 01 January 2009 - 02:08 PM

I always forget. Here is the post I wrote a while back in regards to this question, when I did some research.

thanks alot man...

#161 saturnotaku

saturnotaku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2009 - 02:18 PM

Over Christmas, I got my in-laws and a couple other relatives on the Monoprice bandwagon. One got himself a new HDTV and Blu-ray player. He also got duped into buying a Monster HDMI cable from CC. I told him to take it back, and he bought himself a Monoprice HDMI for less than $10 shipped.

Same thing with my in-laws. They had bought a USB cable from Best Buy for their new printer. The new cable I ordered for them---less than $4 shipped.

Gotta love Monoprice.

#162 GrilledWitOnions

GrilledWitOnions

Thrillhouse!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:18 AM

Over Christmas, I got my in-laws and a couple other relatives on the Monoprice bandwagon. One got himself a new HDTV and Blu-ray player. He also got duped into buying a Monster HDMI cable from CC. I told him to take it back, and he bought himself a Monoprice HDMI for less than $10 shipped.

Same thing with my in-laws. They had bought a USB cable from Best Buy for their new printer. The new cable I ordered for them---less than $4 shipped.

Gotta love Monoprice.

My friend had a similar experience - needed a vga=>dvi adapter I think. I figured, "that can't cost more than maybe $5 retail." I think Staples had them for like $30. I told him, wait a few days, I'll get you one for cheap, you won't owe me anything. I think I probably got him this, it's currently $1.68.

I think people take the 'you get what you pay for' adage too seriously. If you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need. (And price isn't always an indicator of what you need).
Also why is it that when i click the "Diablo" picture, i get sent to pc games without the Diablo and even when i searched for Diablo, i get no results.
Oh boy...You said there was going to be Diablo op. Where is my Diablo? I dont see Diablo. You promised me Diablo.

#163 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:39 AM

Moved this to the DVD deals forum...most people with TV's and DVD, Blu-Ray players ask questions in there anyways.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#164 mcgavin27

mcgavin27

twomanjobs.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:30 PM

what type of hdmi cords do I need for the 360?

logo.png

#165 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:35 PM

If your X360 has an HDMI port, any HDMI cable will do.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#166 Midriklogic

Midriklogic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:38 AM

Purchased 3 HDMI 1.3a cables (in specific colors to match what they run to), 100ft 12AWG speaker wire, 7 pairs of closed-screw banana plugs, and a high quality cable for my sub, all under 100 bucks (overnight delivery was only 8 bucks total to where i live).

I installed everything right before Christmas, and i have to say that from all the great things I've heard they still vastly exceeded my expectations. I doubted the cost-to-quality ratio before the items arrived, but wow, you can spend an insane amount more at your local best buy for products inferior or if maybe the same as these.
Currently Playing: Tales of Vesperia (Party Avg. Level 63, 510/1000 GS)

#167 greyzieoriental

greyzieoriental

is your Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:22 AM

Purchased 3 HDMI 1.3a cables (in specific colors to match what they run to), 100ft 12AWG speaker wire, 7 pairs of closed-screw banana plugs, and a high quality cable for my sub, all under 100 bucks (overnight delivery was only 8 bucks total to where i live).

I installed everything right before Christmas, and i have to say that from all the great things I've heard they still vastly exceeded my expectations. I doubted the cost-to-quality ratio before the items arrived, but wow, you can spend an insane amount more at your local best buy for products inferior or if maybe the same as these.

Thanks for reminding me, I forgot all about banana plugs. I've been meaning to buy some for over 3 years.

#168 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:55 PM

If your X360 has an HDMI port, any HDMI cable will do.

Since the 360 only does HDMI 1.2, any HDMI cable they sell works, though for the price difference between the non-1.3a and the 1.3a cables, it's worth spending the slightly extra money to make sure you can use them anywhere.

#169 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:16 PM

This should also include amazon sellers as well. I have picked up not only HDMI cables but also Digital Optical cables off of amazon for the same or less then what monoprice has had them listed.
Posted Image

#170 unreal999

unreal999

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:36 AM

Anything that not some ridiculous price like $60 and will actually work?

#171 shabby

shabby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:47 AM

Here you go. http://www.monoprice...102&cp_id=10240

Posted Image

ROLL TIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image"

#172 xrayzwei

xrayzwei

is ready to believe you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:16 AM

I believe he said "not a ridiculous price" :roll:
Here u go man...
http://www.amazon.co...efix=hdmi cable

I guess you're right, we can't expect anyone to SCROLL DOWN. I would also recommend monoprice.

#173 Murderotica7

Murderotica7

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:23 AM

I guess you're right, we can't expect anyone to SCROLL DOWN. I would also recommend monoprice.

hahaha owned.

monoprice.com > all
bottom line
Posted Image

#174 One4Deuce

One4Deuce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:24 AM

hahaha owned.

monoprice.com > all
bottom line

Agreed.

#175 McNutsack

McNutsack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:39 AM

I believe he said "not a ridiculous price" :roll:
Here u go man...
http://www.amazon.co...efix=hdmi cable

Thank you.

This MonoPrice elitism is out of control.

MonoPrice's price's are not nearly as good as Amazons, or at times other sites as well.

My cord from Monoprice only works on my 360, not my PS3.
I got a $2 cord from Amazon that runs both perfectly.

Don't fall for MonoPrice hype until you've searched better sites 1st.

#176 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:25 PM

I've never had any issue with any Monoprice cable I've ordered, be it Ethernet, component, composite, HDMI or AC cord. They've made good cables, and I've ordered numerous times from them, without any issue on the order.

There are other options besides Monoprice.com out there, though I've never had a bad experience with them, so I keep going back to them.

#177 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:04 PM

Thank you.

This MonoPrice elitism is out of control.

MonoPrice's price's are not nearly as good as Amazons, or at times other sites as well.

My cord from Monoprice only works on my 360, not my PS3.
I got a $2 cord from Amazon that runs both perfectly.

Don't fall for MonoPrice hype until you've searched better sites 1st.

Really? They had them at Monoprice, at the link he gave, for $3.45. Is that not low enough?

#178 klwillis45

klwillis45

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:17 PM

I've never had any issue with any Monoprice cable I've ordered, be it Ethernet, component, composite, HDMI or AC cord. They've made good cables, and I've ordered numerous times from them, without any issue on the order.

There are other options besides Monoprice.com out there, though I've never had a bad experience with them, so I keep going back to them.

Same here. The only issue I've ever had with them was non-cable related (crappy fm transmitter) and 1 email took care of the problem. They promptly refunded my money no questions asked and didn't even make me send the product back.

Cheap prices + great customer service = customer loyalty
Posted Image

#179 SoulFinder

SoulFinder

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:09 PM

I also order most of my cables from Monoprice, but currently all the really cheap cables are OOS.
Posted Image

#180 Treehouse Gamer

Treehouse Gamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:54 PM

The reason why I use MonoPrice is for their multi-colored cables. I have blue running into my PS3, green into the 360 and white to the DVR. Makes it look festive.
Mr. House
CAG Foreplay's PC guy
Posted Image
Currently playing: League of Legends

Pile of Shame: Ouch.

On Order: Nothing. Really.