Monoprice.com - Need HDMI, Optical Audio, Component, or Other Cables, Get Them Here

Nephilim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
I know a lot of you are probably aware of this place, but I just thought I would post this since I did not find a topic.

monoprice.com has long been known as the cheapest place to buy USB, Network, HDMI, and many other cables, period.

Their service is excellent as well.

Our business just ordered another round of Network and USB cables and saved close to $1000 compared to retail stores like Best Buy, etc.

We have had Network cables from monoprice throughout our building for a few years and have had NO ISSUES at all. Most of the cables in my home (S-Video, HDMI, USB, CAT5e, etc. are also from monoprice and they have been perfect.

The Quality of the cables I have bought has been as good or in many cases, much better than more expensive cables elsewhere.

I know there are other online retailers like Firefold that sell for similar prices, but I have not found their service to be near as good as monoprice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Such awesomeness.

I knew of the place, but couldn't remember the name.

I knew this was the place to come to find it quick.

Thanks!

[quote name='bullsrfive']Damn Monoprice is good. I bought HDMI cables like at 1 AM on Friday and it already came to my house on Saturday. I wasn't expecting it til next week. If you live in California, you're in for a treat shipping wise.[/quote]

These guys work fast. My order shipped out this morning and I got it in the mail a mere 7 hours later. I figured it would take a day at the least, but wow.

I know this is an old thread but I just found it and wanted to also point you guys towards www.cablesforless.com I've always had good luck with them and comparing the 2 sites it looks like their prices are about the same if not lower and I've always had a great turn around time on my orders there.

Holy crap. I ordered a 6ft HDMI cable, 50ft CAT6 cable, and 6ft Wii component cable. Not only did it come to less than $20 after shipping, but I got an email less than a minute later saying it had shipped. Amazing.

They have some sort of PS2/PS3 component cable that's going to be in stock at the end of the month... if the one for the Wii is any good, I'll definitely be picking it up.

[quote name='techstar25']:bs:

;)[/quote]

Perhaps, but I have to say, their shipping is crazy fast (especially for how cheap it is). They're almost like Netflix. It's never more than a two days before I get my order.

Might be a stupid question but.... What are the best HDMI cables from Monoprice? I wanna get two--one for my PS3 and one for my 360 and they have a lot of different kinds.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I support people buying anything BUT shitty Monster brand cables, and Monoprice is aces across the board.[/quote]

Shoot, I always thought Monster Cables were the best. What is wrong about them? They have not let me down so far.

[quote name='Malice']Might be a stupid question but.... What are the best HDMI cables from Monoprice? I wanna get two--one for my PS3 and one for my 360 and they have a lot of different kinds.[/quote]
I wrote up a lot on this earlier so I'm just going to point you there.
Here are some options, and here is an explanation of the options if you care to read it (it's a lot and hopefully accurate).
[quote name='GargantulaKon']Shoot, I always thought Monster Cables were the best. What is wrong about them? They have not let me down so far.[/quote]There isn't anything technically wrong with them (save perhaps hefty coating to make the cables feel more weighty, which can tug at your device from them being too rigid and heavy), they are just overpriced. HDMI is strictly a situation of either you get signal or you don't, so a $10 cable == $200 cable. Sorta sucks for consumers since this is not that widely known.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']I wrote up a lot on this earlier so I'm just going to point you there.
Here are some options, and here is an explanation of the options if you care to read it (it's a lot and hopefully accurate).
They isn't anything technically wrong with them (save perhaps hefty coating to make the cables feel more weighty, which can tug at your device from them being too rigid and heavy), they are just overpriced. HDMI is strictly a situation of either you get signal or you don't, so a $10 cable == $200 cable. Sorta sucks for consumers since this is not that widely known.[/quote]Thanks! I didn't expect an answer that quick.

I just bought some Wii Componant cables and xbox VGA cables shipped for $22.03

Pretty good price. Hopefully the VGA cables are long enough since Im hooking them to the TV raplcing the componant slot for the wii.

I just received my 50ft. cat5 cable order and am greatly pleased. I ordered it Friday morning and it was here Monday and it only cost roughly $13. Sweet.

Wow....I ordered the cables Sunday, they shipped Monday and they arrived today!

Less than 3 days from California to NY....really fast shipping.

So wait.... is monoprice good?

I kid! I kid!

I've never ordered from them before, about to give it a shot. If for some reason this sucks I'm coming after all of you!!!!

Don't you love keeping an old thread alive?

[quote name='BIGGIN']Thanks to the OP for this info. I had never heard of monoprice.com before, and I have been looking for a cheap USB extension cable for a few weeks now. Monoprice.com was by far the lowest I had came across.[/QUOTE]

You are welcome sir. Glad people are getting some use out of this thread. ;)

I just jumped online to ask what the best place was to buy a couple foot long Optical Toslink cable. Glad to see this thread up top. I have two questions though...

1) Which Optical cable is recommended? Can't spend a whole lot, but a middle range amount would be fine. I was looking at the premium one there. I want to connect my 360 to the Pioneer home system.

2) Anyone want a pair of bratty cats? The white one who just chewed through my optical that I hooked up YESTERDAY is first to go.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']I just jumped online to ask what the best place was to buy a couple foot long Optical Toslink cable. Glad to see this thread up top. I have two questions though...

1) Which Optical cable is recommended? Can't spend a whole lot, but a middle range amount would be fine. I was looking at the premium one there. I want to connect my 360 to the Pioneer home system.

2) Anyone want a pair of bratty cats? The white one who just chewed through my optical that I hooked up YESTERDAY is first to go.[/quote]I'll pass on the cats, but I do think the premium cable (if that's the one I'm thinking of) would serve you best. They have the metal braiding on the cable part and strong, sturdy metal end connectors as well. That's the one I always I order.

I've ordered some of those premium optical cables from monoprice, great quality and they're very fast at shipping orders. Just ordered an s-video cable and a digital audio coaxial cable on Sunday and they shipped my order out on Monday, $11 after Priority shipping. I had previously gotten those two cables at Radio Shack for $38 total ($15 digital coax cable and $22 s-video cable were the cheapest at the store I went to, had a feeling it was overpriced!) and knew monoprice would probably be a lot cheaper, so I took those back for a refund after placing my order. Never shopping at Radio Shack again!

do they have a free shipping code ¿?

if not then they are comparable if not more expensive than PCMicroStore.com. ( they frequently have 3 off 6 or 5 off 10 deals)

do they have a free shipping code ¿?

if not then they are comparable if not more expensive than PCMicroStore.com. ( they frequently have 3 off 6 or 5 off 10 deals)

Ordered component cables and a sd card for my new wii. Both work great and were very cheap, shipped fast too. Ordered late Sunday night and they were here on Wednesday with regular shipping.

Monoprice kicks azz. The only problem I've ever had with them was with a cheap fm transmitter that was awful quality. One email and they refunded everything including shipping and they didn't even make me return the item.

[quote name='klwillis45']
Monoprice kicks azz. The only problem I've ever had with them was with a cheap fm transmitter that was awful quality. One email and they refunded everything including shipping and they didn't even make me return the item.[/quote]

Dude, nice!

I just ordered my 6 foot silver HDMI cable from them around noon PDT. Their site clearly states that orders have to be in before 6 am to go out the same day, but since I live within an hour of the place, I called and asked when the order would go out. The girl said that she would make sure that it went out today-- I upgraded over the phone to priority just in case to give it an extra push-- so I expect to see it Monday or Tuesday-- just in time for me to return my ridiculously overpriced Monster cable to Fry's to take advantage of their "http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181740" Blu-ray deal ending on May 6th.

I suspect that due to my location someone will manually drop my package off today from them at the P.O., but I appreciate that they made that extra effort for me to aid me in avoiding my plight.

And save me an extra trip over to Fry's.

[quote name='Watchman']Dude, nice!

I just ordered my 6 foot silver HDMI cable from them around noon PDT. Their site clearly states that orders have to be in before 6 am to go out the same day, but since I live within an hour of the place, I called and asked when the order would go out. The girl said that she would make sure that it went out today-- I upgraded over the phone to priority just in case to give it an extra push-- so I expect to see it Monday or Tuesday-- just in time for me to return my ridiculously overpriced Monster cable to Fry's to take advantage of their "http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181740" Blu-ray deal ending on May 6th.

I suspect that due to my location someone will manually drop my package off today from them at the P.O., but I appreciate that they made that extra effort for me to aid me in avoiding my plight.

And save me an extra trip over to Fry's.[/quote]
I thought I had heard of some people picking items up themselves, but I don't see it anywhere on the site, so maybe they just got lucky.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']I thought I had heard of some people picking items up themselves, but I don't see it anywhere on the site, so maybe they just got
lucky.[/quote]

Oh no, you totally can. It's on their payment screen--pickup in-person. i just live too far to warrant driving over there on the 210 to get a cable. Traffic's horrible once you pass Allen Avenue heading east-- that combined with gas prices, I'll have it shipped to me. Which I got Monday from ordering Friday.

Fry's, here I come with your overpriced cable. Gimme my money back.

I just placed my second order with Monoprice. I was very impressed with my first order. I received a delivery confirmation number via e-mail within minutes of my order, and received the cables in 3 days.

[quote name='keefurxxcore']Anyone know the name of the blue cable that plugs into computer moniters?

PM me, thanks![/quote]
VGA

i'll give my thumbs up here too... got a bunch of cables, including a HDMI to DVI cable, three component cables, some optical cables all for under $25 shipped...

I've used Monoprice for a couple years now, fantastic prices.
Just ordered all the necessary parts to wire my home with Cat6 ethernet jacks and put some proper wall plates up - total cost was under $30.00.

The optical cable that they sent to me doesn't work, I hooked up my PS3 to it and it made a horrible static noise. I then connected it to the 360 and now there's no sound at all.

I'll call them today, hopefully they will just send me a replacement since I have to unplug/replug the one cable I have to hook up either the 360/PS3.

Cool site, but I have a question. PS3 uses HDMI but damn, which kind? I went through the site and ended up being confused. I've never seen so many options.

Which one should I buy? :p

I may have already posted here, but I've spent well over a $100 on that site and I cannot recommend it enough. The quality of their cables is just exceptional. I think I have just about everything wired with cables from monoprice.com, now.

The best part is that even though it's hit and miss as far as quality is concerned, they are awesome about customer service because they do such high volume. I love it.

Only problem I've had is with their optical cables, they sent me a broken one and then the replacement was broken also.

I need to call them tomorrow and have them send me another.

I ordered a component cable for my Wii a few weeks ago and paid a little over $7 with shipping. I got an email with tracking info within 10 minutes of placing my order and it arrived in 3 days (Cali to WI). I'm glad I saw this thread. Thanks OP!

[quote name='yukine']Only problem I've had is with their optical cables, they sent me a broken one and then the replacement was broken also.

I need to call them tomorrow and have them send me another.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...well at least they're responsive so far about replacing them!

Just ordered component cables for my Wii -- under 8 bucks, shipped. Got an email confirmation in under 20 seconds after my order was completed. Very impressed.

Monoprice is great.

I saw this thread after I ordered 2x 100ft spools of 12 AWG speaker cable from Monoprice for a home theater setup. The cable conductor is nice and thick like it's supposed to be (some cheap cable will have a thick jacket surrounding smaller conductors) , each spool was a single 100ft length as advertised ( some people will sell you a spool that's segmented and not a contiguous wire run). Both conducters in the wire were untinned copper, which to me is a plus) I searched retailers and etailers, and Monoprice's offerings on speaker wire were the best deals I was able to find.

bread's done
Back