Monoprice.com - Need HDMI, Optical Audio, Component, or Other Cables, Get Them Here

Nephilim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
I know a lot of you are probably aware of this place, but I just thought I would post this since I did not find a topic.

monoprice.com has long been known as the cheapest place to buy USB, Network, HDMI, and many other cables, period.

Their service is excellent as well.

Our business just ordered another round of Network and USB cables and saved close to $1000 compared to retail stores like Best Buy, etc.

We have had Network cables from monoprice throughout our building for a few years and have had NO ISSUES at all. Most of the cables in my home (S-Video, HDMI, USB, CAT5e, etc. are also from monoprice and they have been perfect.

The Quality of the cables I have bought has been as good or in many cases, much better than more expensive cables elsewhere.

I know there are other online retailers like Firefold that sell for similar prices, but I have not found their service to be near as good as monoprice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. I bought 40', 10', & 6' HDMI cables plus 2 HDMI wall plates. Heavy gauge, high quality stuff. All for ~$83 shipped. This would have cost ~$400 elsewhere.

Just ordered 3 HDMI Cables from them today due to the overwhelming positive response for this merchant.

I hope these turn out better than the $5 HDMI cable I bought off someone on Amazon and stopped working a few days after...

I've got nothing but good things to say about the 2 orders I've made from monoprice. Both came quicker than they were supposed to. The first order I got 3 HDMI cables at $2.86 a piece along with some Wii component cables, 2 optical toslink cables, a regular component cable, and a DVI to HDMI adaptor. The 2nd order I got a 25' coax cable and splitter. These 2 orders combined were like $40 or less I think.

I've ordered several HDMI and USB cables from Monoprice in the past and have been very pleased with their customer service and quality of the products. I just ordered some RCA couplers and audio extension cable for less than $4 shipped. Compare that to the $17+ I would have to spend at Radio Shack for the exact same things.

Can someone point me to the product ID number for PS3 Optical Toslink cables on monoprice? The PS3 101 thread is way too long to search and it only lists IDs for HDMI cables. Thanks in advance!

[quote name='Arakias']Can someone point me to the product ID number for PS3 Optical Toslink cables on monoprice? The PS3 101 thread is way too long to search and it only lists IDs for HDMI cables. Thanks in advance![/quote]
Any Toslink cable will do. 1419

They have some great prices here. my only issue is im trying to link up my 360 to my hdtv but there are so many different types of hdmi..whats the difference between them all?

I order cables from Monoprice.com all the time. None of them have failed me, and some of them have been in use for over two years.

Their shipping is quick, prices reasonable for both cables and shipping, and they have a great assortment of cables.

Over Christmas, I got my in-laws and a couple other relatives on the Monoprice bandwagon. One got himself a new HDTV and Blu-ray player. He also got duped into buying a Monster HDMI cable from CC. I told him to take it back, and he bought himself a Monoprice HDMI for less than $10 shipped.

Same thing with my in-laws. They had bought a USB cable from Best Buy for their new printer. The new cable I ordered for them---less than $4 shipped.

Gotta love Monoprice.

[quote name='saturnotaku']Over Christmas, I got my in-laws and a couple other relatives on the Monoprice bandwagon. One got himself a new HDTV and Blu-ray player. He also got duped into buying a Monster HDMI cable from CC. I told him to take it back, and he bought himself a Monoprice HDMI for less than $10 shipped.

Same thing with my in-laws. They had bought a USB cable from Best Buy for their new printer. The new cable I ordered for them---less than $4 shipped.

Gotta love Monoprice.[/quote]
My friend had a similar experience - needed a vga=>dvi adapter I think. I figured, "that can't cost more than maybe $5 retail." I think Staples had them for like $30. I told him, wait a few days, I'll get you one for cheap, you won't owe me anything. I think I probably got him this, it's currently $1.68.

I think people take the 'you get what you pay for' adage too seriously. If you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need. (And price isn't always an indicator of what you need).

Purchased 3 HDMI 1.3a cables (in specific colors to match what they run to), 100ft 12AWG speaker wire, 7 pairs of closed-screw banana plugs, and a high quality cable for my sub, all under 100 bucks (overnight delivery was only 8 bucks total to where i live).

I installed everything right before Christmas, and i have to say that from all the great things I've heard they still vastly exceeded my expectations. I doubted the cost-to-quality ratio before the items arrived, but wow, you can spend an insane amount more at your local best buy for products inferior or if maybe the same as these.

[quote name='Midriklogic']Purchased 3 HDMI 1.3a cables (in specific colors to match what they run to), 100ft 12AWG speaker wire, 7 pairs of closed-screw banana plugs, and a high quality cable for my sub, all under 100 bucks (overnight delivery was only 8 bucks total to where i live).

I installed everything right before Christmas, and i have to say that from all the great things I've heard they still vastly exceeded my expectations. I doubted the cost-to-quality ratio before the items arrived, but wow, you can spend an insane amount more at your local best buy for products inferior or if maybe the same as these.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reminding me, I forgot all about banana plugs. I've been meaning to buy some for over 3 years.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']If your X360 has an HDMI port, any HDMI cable will do.[/quote]Since the 360 only does HDMI 1.2, any HDMI cable they sell works, though for the price difference between the non-1.3a and the 1.3a cables, it's worth spending the slightly extra money to make sure you can use them anywhere.

This should also include amazon sellers as well. I have picked up not only HDMI cables but also Digital Optical cables off of amazon for the same or less then what monoprice has had them listed.

[quote name='xrayzwei']I guess you're right, we can't expect anyone to SCROLL DOWN. I would also recommend monoprice.[/quote]

hahaha owned.

monoprice.com > all
bottom line

[quote name='SexyPoot 9/20']I believe he said "not a ridiculous price" :roll:
Here u go man...
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_g...ld-keywords=hdmi+cable+1.3&sprefix=hdmi+cable[/quote]

Thank you.

This MonoPrice elitism is out of control.

MonoPrice's price's are not nearly as good as Amazons, or at times other sites as well.

My cord from Monoprice only works on my 360, not my PS3.
I got a $2 cord from Amazon that runs both perfectly.

Don't fall for MonoPrice hype until you've searched better sites 1st.

I've never had any issue with any Monoprice cable I've ordered, be it Ethernet, component, composite, HDMI or AC cord. They've made good cables, and I've ordered numerous times from them, without any issue on the order.

There are other options besides Monoprice.com out there, though I've never had a bad experience with them, so I keep going back to them.

[quote name='McNutsack']Thank you.

MonoPrice's price's are not nearly as good as Amazons, or at times other sites as well.

Don't fall for MonoPrice hype until you've searched better sites 1st.[/QUOTE]

Really? They had them at Monoprice, at the link he gave, for $3.45. Is that not low enough?

[quote name='shrike4242']I've never had any issue with any Monoprice cable I've ordered, be it Ethernet, component, composite, HDMI or AC cord. They've made good cables, and I've ordered numerous times from them, without any issue on the order.

There are other options besides Monoprice.com out there, though I've never had a bad experience with them, so I keep going back to them.[/quote] Same here. The only issue I've ever had with them was non-cable related (crappy fm transmitter) and 1 email took care of the problem. They promptly refunded my money no questions asked and didn't even make me send the product back.

Cheap prices + great customer service = customer loyalty

The reason why I use MonoPrice is for their multi-colored cables. I have blue running into my PS3, green into the 360 and white to the DVR. Makes it look festive.

I'm curious about how buying something at monoprice is elitism? It's not like I recommended going to monster cable's direct order website. My snark was only pointing out that monoprice has plenty of cables at low prices, and I've never had a problem. It was a valid recommendation.

As for the prices at Amazon, yes they're low, but they are offered from a number of different resellers. When I buy at monoprice, it's always from the same source. I'm thinking if I need customer service, monoprice is a safer bet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PakiPrince31']How much is the standard shipping at monoprice.com?[/quote] YMMV. They don't rape you on shipping like most places, so it's dependent on the size/weight of what you are buying. They basically charge what it actually costs to package & ship, a novel concept.

Anyone have any experience with their in-wall/in-ceiling speakers? The price is pretty hot for something that I'd be using as rear surrounds anyway and they probably doesn't need to be super high-end, though, it would help. I'd be interested in picking some up as they've gotten decent reviews on the site, but I wanted to know if anyone had first hand experience with them. Thanks.

Don't fall for MonoPrice hype until you've searched better sites 1st.[/quote]

I'd like to know where these "better sites" are-- because given their ridiculously low prices and shipping rates, same-day order-and-mail, quality product and exemplary customer service, I just don't see this being possible.

Frankly, I'd pay one dollar more through them than try to nickel and dime myself from some unknown buyer off of Amazon that will probably ship whenever they get around to it the next day.
Monoprice is exactly the kind of company you can rely on for low prices and great customer relations-- so forgive me if you think I'm being "elitist".

(...)My cord from Monoprice only works on my 360, not my PS3.

Ever consider contacting Monoprice and having them refund the money?

For me, no complaints on Monoprice, having bought an HDMI cable for my ps3, a Sansa MP3 docking/charging, and I'm about to place an order for a long VGA cable and a powered VGA splitter. It's cheaper than b&m retailers, and I dont like the idea mining for a cheaper price, usually found on some shady looking website, and having some unreliable service from them.

I bought a textbook on the cheap from a referred site from Amazon. I spent $10 shipped, when the book costs $90 in my local college bookstore. I ended up buying the $90 book because the online retailer took 7 weeks to get that book to me.

I'm not an elistist, because if I were, I'd be blowing my money on MonsterCables. I just like the service that I get from monoprice, and if that means I have to spend the extra $1-$3 dollar premium to get it on HDMI, then so be it.

What 'cord' are you talking about? HDMI cable I would presume, but I never like to have to guess at anything, especially things that people are saying they are having problems.

Why exactly doesn't it work on your PS3? Does it not fit in the socket? Does it fit in the socket, but not pass any signal?

I'm using MonoPrice's HDMI 1.3a Category 2 certified 28AWG ferrite core cables for all of my HDMI connections, and have had no problems whatsoever.

But I don't see how you can legitimately say that MonoPrice is spreading 'hype', or that there are 'better sites'; especially since you apparently haven't even given them a chance to send you a replacement cable for the defective one.

And as stated above, if you have a problem with their products, I'm sure they will stand behind it and replace it if you would contact them and give them a chance.

I went to Radio Shack hoping to pick up some replacement cables for cheap. I walked in, laughed, left, came home, and ordered them off Monoprice. I got them really quickly too. LOVE this place.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I went to Radio Shack hoping to pick up some replacement cables for cheap. I walked in, laughed, left, came home, and ordered them off Monoprice. I got them really quickly too. LOVE this place.[/quote]
I recently got a 360 and needed another HDMI cable. Since the last one I bought was way too long (15 ft), I bought a second to replace my original, and then threw in some other stuff cause it was so cheap and shipping didn't change much cause of it.
2x 6' HDMI Cables
2x Ethernet Cables
1x DVI=>HDMI adapter

For $20 I got a bunch of stuff I've needed for a while, and it took only a couple days to get to me. I love Monoprice.

Yeah, shortly after I got my stuff I realized I needed some other stuff and I didn't have a problem buying again since it was so damn dirt cheap.

Monoprice is awesome, probably the best online retailer I've ever dealt with. Sure, there are sites with cheaper by $1-$2 cables but here is why I go with Monoprice every time:

-consistent quality that 3rd party resellers can't offer
-fast shipping
-Monoprice has earned my loyalty, therefore, I don't mind paying a bit extra to reward them for their excellent service

Lastly, three words for that "Monoprice elitism" guy: MONSTER CABLE PLANT!!

[quote name='GalvatronType_R']Monoprice is awesome, probably the best online retailer I've ever dealt with. Sure, there are sites with cheaper by $1-$2 cables but here is why I go with Monoprice every time:

-consistent quality that 3rd party resellers can't offer
-fast shipping
-Monoprice has earned my loyalty, therefore, I don't mind paying a bit extra to reward them for their excellent service

Lastly, three words for that "Monoprice elitism" guy: MONSTER CABLE PLANT!![/QUOTE]
a bit extra? that stuff is dirt cheap.

Why do people pay crazy ass prices for those "top" quality cables? do they make that much of a difference?

I'm not one of those video snobs, so i honestly don't know

I pretty much echo these statements, monoprice is the best for cables! People pay the inflated prices of monster or others because they "just don't know".

[quote name='decrot']a bit extra? that stuff is dirt cheap.

Why do people pay crazy ass prices for those "top" quality cables? do they make that much of a difference?

I'm not one of those video snobs, so i honestly don't know[/QUOTE]
They don't make a difference if it's HDMI. Not any difference at all.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']They don't make a difference if it's HDMI. Not any difference at all.[/QUOTE]
They got cables for $150+
I know that the price isn't justified
but youre telling me no difference at all?

bread's done
Back