Photo
- - - - -

TOYS R US Buy 2 Get 1 Free-Dec 6 2008 -DEAL NOW LIVE!!!GOGOGOGO!

• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

#31 shigster

shigster

Yeah, I'm that guy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:42 AM

Hmm...just saw it on TV.
Last year when they had this sale, it was only limited to portable games. This time around, it EVERYTHING!!!

Any Rock Band/Wii Fit/Guitar Hero Group buys?????

Screen-shot, or it never happened.

I need a link to a ad, before I drive down to TRU on the 6th for GOW2, COD:WaW & Left 4 Dead. 8-)
Posted Image

Posted Image

#32 Zyzomys

Zyzomys

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:51 PM

Easy for me: Fallout 3; Fable 2; and Left 4 Dead. I may just try to do this online to save the hassle of getting to a store early.

#33 game_fanatic

game_fanatic

I Heart Ribs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 01:34 PM

gamer602, you might want to edit the title stating this is for CANADA, since we have some American folks who are trying to get in on the deal! They already had their turn!
Posted Image

Posted Image
Looking for Trade-in Values?

#34 kathos

kathos

Wooooooooo.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 01:43 PM

Dammit, I did way too many trade ins for games so there's nothing I really want... except Persona 4. Is there anything good coming out between here and Dec 6th?

Also, anyone else expecting a HUGE shitstorm? Do RFDers really go for this? I mean you still have to pay regular price on all games, so there shouldn't be that many right? Or am I seriously wrong here?
Ex-Futureshop slave, ex-EB Games slave driver. Now Home Depot dreg.
Posted Image

#35 game_fanatic

game_fanatic

I Heart Ribs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:07 PM

Haha I think you're wrong kathos! It ends up being a pretty significant amount of savings, I know I'm probably going to get 6 games, that should keep me set until the summer, I would say. Also, I heard that people have seen a commercial advertising the sale...did you see the commercial on an American channel? If so, this may be for the US, and not for Canada...just throwing it out there...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#36 danthemightyone

danthemightyone

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:44 PM

$59.99 x 2 x 1.13 = $135.5774 = $35 x 3

So if you get any 3 new titles and don't mind getting EB credits, you are getting a free rentals for new releases (until TIV drops).

#37 halcyon1234

halcyon1234

I AM the orange button!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:53 PM

$59.99 x 2 x 1.13 = $135.5774 = $35 x 3

So if you get any 3 new titles and don't mind getting EB credits, you are getting a free rentals for new releases (until TIV drops).

I think it might be a bit worse. I suppose it depends on how their system is set up, but you might need to still pay the tax on the 'free' game:

$59.99 * 2 + ($59.99 * 3 * 0.13) = $143.38

Also, $35 * 3 = $105, so it's $38 in rentals.

#38 addone

addone

Ni! Ni! Ni!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:54 PM

gamer602, you might want to edit the title stating this is for CANADA, since we have some American folks who are trying to get in on the deal! They already had their turn!

Isn't this posted in the CANADA section of regional deals though?

#39 TripleQ

TripleQ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:11 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if they limit it like their last promo... i.e. not valid on bundled hardware (rock band, gh) or software priced $89.99 and up.

#40 game_fanatic

game_fanatic

I Heart Ribs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:36 PM

Isn't this posted in the CANADA section of regional deals though?

You are correct, but it appears some cannot read, since some American's are posting their intentions on getting in on the sale.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#41 Skwerl

Skwerl

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:14 PM

I assume this applies to internets order, is that correct? If not, sign me up for group buy.

#42 spzero

spzero

It's NEVER Lupus...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:14 PM

Just what I was looking for. I wanted 3 games for Christmas, so I guess I'll be getting all of them in one go!

Gears 2, Bioshock and Quantum of Solace here I come!
(Sorry Far Cry 2 and Left 4 Dead - next time - unless I somehow inherit $150... anyone want to donate? ;))
Posted Image

#43 craig64

craig64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:32 PM

This is a pretty good deal... but I still prefered just trading in 6 (trade 2 + $9.99) games to EB and getting all three games I wanted for a whopping $30 (Left 4 Dead, Gears 2, Naruto Broken Bond). The best part had to be that I didn't want any of the games anymore :D

#44 rkenshin

rkenshin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:11 PM

This is a pretty good deal... but I still prefered just trading in 6 (trade 2 + $9.99) games to EB and getting all three games I wanted for a whopping $30 (Left 4 Dead, Gears 2, Naruto Broken Bond). The best part had to be that I didn't want any of the games anymore :D

I'd do that if I actually had games I want to trade in or had $8 value..

And no, I don't have the time to wrestle with RFD hoarders at every used videogame section

#45 quack

quack

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:51 PM

This deal DOES NOT include any games priced $89.99 or up. (Which would rule out Wii Fit and all of the music games)

You should be able to mix and match games, assuming they are not clearance (The last digit being an 8, eg $9.98 instead of $9.99)

I have seen the flyer only once, but those two parts I remember. I can now use my 15% employee discount on sales, so this deal is extra good for me:)

#46 game_fanatic

game_fanatic

I Heart Ribs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:11 PM

This deal DOES NOT include any games priced $89.99 or up. (Which would rule out Wii Fit and all of the music games)

You should be able to mix and match games, assuming they are not clearance (The last digit being an 8, eg $9.98 instead of $9.99)

I have seen the flyer only once, but those two parts I remember. I can now use my 15% employee discount on sales, so this deal is extra good for me:)

Thanks for the heads up quack, there goes buying GH:WT! Glad I can still get the Fallout 3 and Resistance 2 Collector's Editions.
edit: Here's what I'm looking at getting:
Fallout 3 Collector’s Edition-$79.99 (Xbox 360)
Resistance 2 Collector’s Edition-$79.99 (PS3)
Star Wars: Force Unleashed-$54.97 (Xbox 360)
Dead Space-$59.99 (Xbox 360)
Far Cry 2-$59.99 (Xbox 360)

I just need another game, perhaps an RPG? I'm a big fan of Legend of the Dragoon for PS1, are Infinite Undiscovery/Tales of Vesperia/Lost Odyssey similar?

Edited by game_fanatic, 26 November 2008 - 09:34 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#47 Zyzomys

Zyzomys

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:09 PM

These games people are trading in do have a cost, but no one is mentioning that. I think this is a great deal and I will certainly be buying three games.

#48 wildcpac

wildcpac

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:24 PM

Is this online or in store only?

#49 turgore2008

turgore2008

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:26 PM

its nuts.
too bad I'm poor :(

#50 Skardee

Skardee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:27 PM

I hate to be the 100th person to ask, but is this on the 6th only? I'm hoping to get Prince of Persia, NBA 2k9 and something else... maybe Far Cry 2. This would be easier if I had not decided to not get a PS3. I'd easily go for LBP, Resistance 2 and Ratchet or MGS4.

#51 Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:23 PM

After reading a very positive review of PoP I think the 3 I would get are

Fallout 3
Dead Space (After I try the demo I should no for sure)
Prince of Persia

All for 360 but I also kinda want Left4Dead...
In my experience (last year with DS games), if you want 3 games, have a few backup choices ready because they sell out or have crappy stock. I have zero faith that I will get my top 3 choices even if I show up when they open on the 6th.

#52 TronB

TronB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:39 PM

In my experience (last year with DS games), if you want 3 games, have a few backup choices ready because they sell out or have crappy stock. I have zero faith that I will get my top 3 choices even if I show up when they open on the 6th.

Yeah, I learned that the hard way last year. Didn't know this was such a huge thing, and by the time I got to Toys R Us it was a mess!! DS games scattered all over the floor, people literally just everywhere. But I did manage to get three games that I wanted anyway. Just to be safe, I'm going there as soon as they open this year....

I don't know what I should get though, Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories should be out by then, but I'm at a loss at what else I should get (way too many games to choose from).

And yeah, like so many other people I would like to know if this is just on the 6th or not.

#53 gamer602

gamer602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:46 PM

Senario 1
Hmmm...Can we buy it in advance and then go back to get our money back????
I know TRU has a 7 day PM policy.

Senario 2
Or maybe buy the three games and leave them unopened and do a return/repurchase???????

This is MORE important than knowing whether or not this is a one day sale...

Question 3
Can we mix and match games from different systems?????
PLEASE EMAIL ME: gamer602 at gmail.com
DO NOT POST ON RFD!:bomb:
WAY too many HOARDERS THERE!

#54 wildcpac

wildcpac

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:08 AM

Is this in store only or online as well?

#55 ragnar14

ragnar14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:40 AM

I hate to be the 100th person to ask, but is this on the 6th only? I'm hoping to get Prince of Persia, NBA 2k9 and something else... maybe Far Cry 2. This would be easier if I had not decided to not get a PS3. I'd easily go for LBP, Resistance 2 and Ratchet or MGS4.

Even if this is a multi-day sale, do you honestly think anything decent will last more than 2-3 hours? Let alone a whole day :lol: Seriously dudes, don't even bother going if you can't get there before noon on the 6th :roll:

#56 Ren01

Ren01

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:21 AM

Senario 1

Senario 2
Or maybe buy the three games and leave them unopened and do a return/repurchase???????

Question 3

+1 would be cool it we could guarantee our copies that way.

#57 kathos

kathos

Wooooooooo.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:29 AM

Yeah I'm trying to figure this out too ~_~.
Posted Image

#58 AJD23

AJD23

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:14 AM

Senario 1

Senario 2

Question 3

RE: Scenario 1 -
Buying the 3 games and getting your money back for a promo is very iffy (ie. only bringing in a receipt)...i've seen little success in similar promos with DS' and others.

RE: Scenario 2 -
Best idea actually...that would probably guarantee your games if you return them...hold onto them...and do a re-purchase for the promo itself.

...and YES you can mix and match games of different systems.
Posted Image

#59 Ren01

Ren01

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:24 AM

uhoh someone posted this thread on rfd

#60 kathos

kathos

Wooooooooo.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2008 - 01:49 PM

uhoh someone posted this thread on rfd

Well we're effectively fucked in the ass. My area is pretty RFD free (maybe 'cause it's a rich area? Dunno if it's because of this though) so hopefully my out-of-the-way Toys 'R Us will have its asshole free from RFD ravaging.

I'm kinda glad I told work I was gonna start late XD this way I can get in on this when they open, I only really want Left 4 Dead and a few others anyway.
Posted Image