Photo
- - - - -

Darksiders anyone? GOW+Zelda baby confirmed! :)

• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#31 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2009 - 07:28 PM

Damn, they should have a LE or something, with art book...

You get a graphic novel with a prequel comic and concept art when you pre-order at GameStop.

#32 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:07 PM

You get a graphic novel with a prequel comic and concept art when you pre-order at GameStop.

I didn't get one, so I've gotta hit up GS in a day or so(haven't been back since trading in 2 copies of Fairytale Fights and doing the $20 off any purchase promo by trading in GTAIV), but I'm sure I'll be told that 'they're out of them'.

In that case I cancel that pre-order and I wait for the price to drop. Mind you, I planned on cancelling anyway. This game comes out in the next week or so, right? So if I cancel after release, then the employee still gets full credit for the pre-order I'm assuming.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#33 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:11 PM

Would you return the graphic novel if you get one and cancel after its released?

#34 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:16 PM

Would you return the graphic novel if you get one and cancel after its released?

Would you? They just throw out the pre-order bonuses(or the employees hoard them), so I doubt I would return it if I cancelled. I plan on getting the game anyway, just not at release and sure as hell not for $60.

Posted Image

#35 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:26 PM

Game looks really interesting and was not on my radar until this thread really. I have too much back logged on top of a few games I already preordered coming out soonish... but I will definitely give this a go. I'll probably get it in a handful of months. Hopefully I can get a somewhat decent deal on it. If not, I'll still grab it.

#36 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:18 PM

Any release day sales on this? I've got credit at Gamestop, but I want the BestBuy pre-order stuff. If someone has it on sale, i'd definitely do a price match to BB

#37 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:26 PM

Yea this game is no GOW clone. Its more of a mix of GOW+DMC with sweet Zelda stuff.

Dante's Inferno is a straight GOW clone. The devs just took all the ideas from GOW and changed textures. Does not deserve to get sales in my book.

Funny how GoW did that to DMC, yet GoW still got sales.

Complain some more, please. Dante's Inferno is damn fun; it's a new genre of games, ALL OF WHICH is taken 100% from DMC. Are you not going to play or buy Bayonetta either because it's like DMC, GoW, or any other game in that genre? Give me a break, you people are unreal with this crap.

As for Darksiders, after watching a video of it, I canceled my pre-order (a 30 minute gameplay video). It just didn't look that fun or interesting, but I could be wrong. I have it as a rental on Gamefly, and can always buy it on there if I really do enjoy it.

Posted Image

#38 LBJC

LBJC

Lvl99; CAG+100

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2010 - 05:17 PM

Complain some more, please. Dante's Inferno is damn fun; it's a new genre of games, ALL OF WHICH is taken 100% from DMC. Are you not going to play or buy Bayonetta either because it's like DMC, GoW, or any other game in that genre? Give me a break, you people are unreal with this crap.

As for Darksiders, after watching a video of it, I canceled my pre-order (a 30 minute gameplay video). It just didn't look that fun or interesting, but I could be wrong. I have it as a rental on Gamefly, and can always buy it on there if I really do enjoy it.

Lets see GOW style is so different than DMC. Yes it took some ideas and made them its own. QTE combat, gory mature storyline and stuff like camera angles, pacing...etc.

If you look as DI, the character itself looks like a cheap copy of Kratos, down to the camera angles on the game. Wait you can dodge with R3? hmm. You can hold L1 to do advance moves...hmmm QTEs....hmmm....you can ride huge monster ala cyclopes in GOW3...hmmm. (opening doors, moving levers is the same as in GOW down to animation...lame) The list goes on.

Yea DI is a straight GOW clone while GOW was never a "DMC clone" since it had its own thing going on, specially art style. Or your blind fanboyism will tell me you can ride cyclopses in DMC, have QTE during gameplay, dodge with R3, advanced attacks? If GOW had guns, I would agree GOW was a DMC clone.

#39 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 02 January 2010 - 07:24 PM

Except you forgot one thing that DMC never got right(for me anyway): It didn't suck. I played DMC on the PS2 and I was asking myself 'what's the big deal with this game series?'. I couldn't figure out the popularity of the game(s).

Posted Image

#40 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:05 PM

Lets see GOW style is so different than DMC. Yes it took some ideas and made them its own. QTE combat, gory mature storyline and stuff like camera angles, pacing...etc.

If you look as DI, the character itself looks like a cheap copy of Kratos, down to the camera angles on the game. Wait you can dodge with R3? hmm. You can hold L1 to do advance moves...hmmm QTEs....hmmm....you can ride huge monster ala cyclopes in GOW3...hmmm. (opening doors, moving levers is the same as in GOW down to animation...lame) The list goes on.

Yea DI is a straight GOW clone while GOW was never a "DMC clone" since it had its own thing going on, specially art style. Or your blind fanboyism will tell me you can ride cyclopses in DMC, have QTE during gameplay, dodge with R3, advanced attacks? If GOW had guns, I would agree GOW was a DMC clone.

The character is not like Kratos at all. The story is nothing like GoW's. Last time I checked, Kratos doesn't carry a giant Scythe and doesn't kill Death. I don't believe Kratos has a magic power that shoots crosses, either. In-fact, Kratos can fly. I can't in D.I.? Why is that?

Oh dear God, having buttons be the same thing? How dare they! I want to move with R2, and fight with the left stick, and dodge with the Select button. Is this really your argument? The controls are practically the same? Welcome to every game released on the console. They are all mapped the same, because there are not 1,000,000 different button combination's to choose from.

Remember when GoW also stole QTE's? I surely do.

You can ride a cyclops in GoWIII? So, that actually means they are stealing from D.I., since D.I. is coming out first.

As for a camera, have you never played any games in this genre? They all have a fixed camera to give you a view of the action.

Your arguments against the game are completely absurd. I like GoW and all, but you are apparently the head of the GoW fan-club to be defending it this much, and to claim how much of a rip-off a game that has a few similarities is. It's not a rip-off, it's a beat-em-up game, it's a genre now.. that's what genre's are for, you know, games that have the same basic concept, but different execution, characters, story, moves, ect.

Welcome to gaming; apparently you haven't ever noticed this.

Except you forgot one thing that DMC never got right(for me anyway): It didn't suck. I played DMC on the PS2 and I was asking myself 'what's the big deal with this game series?'. I couldn't figure out the popularity of the game(s).

I know a few people who dislike DMC, but not many. I don't think it sucks at all, but to each his own. The only one that really sucks is DMC2, that one was terrible. DMC3 is the best, and a good one to get into the series with (if you ever want to give it a second chance).. keep in mind though, it's also the hardest, but it does "start" the story; so you don't miss anything at all by playing DMC3, you'll just understand more in the later games.

Posted Image

#41 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:08 PM

Me either. They were decent games, but I wasn't drooling and getting wood every time I played them.

#42 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:20 AM

I was looking through the comic from GS tonight and I can confirm that the code for the Harvester will work as it's printed on the inside of the back cover of the comic.

As for the comic itself, the story is a bit hard to follow. They show the other Horsemen: Death, Strife, and Fury. Death has the scythe, Strife has a gun (which looks similar to the one War uses from game footage), and Fury has a whip.

Edited by icedrake523, 04 January 2010 - 06:32 AM.

#43 LBJC

LBJC

Lvl99; CAG+100

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2010 - 07:21 PM

Cool, also some news!

On ToysRus, they will give you a $10GC if you buy the game there on Tues (til 1/7)
And if you buy it with Bayonetta, they give you a $40GC but you need a free membership, I believe gamer zone or something at checkout.

Pretty cool deals though I expect Amazon to match the deal with $10 credit. We'll see.

#44 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:54 PM

Kotaku has their review up. I found their complaints to be kind of petty with the exception of the amount of fighting.

I'll pick up my copy tomorrow but I may hold out. I have 10-15 games I haven't even opened yet that I can play to keep my occupied until this gets a price drop.

#45 LBJC

LBJC

Lvl99; CAG+100

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:13 AM

This is it guys, make sure you preorder where you need to, to get your goodies :)

#46 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:39 AM

Has anyone actually seen a pic of the figure you get when you get the game at Best Buy?

#47 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:25 AM

I got my automated "Ashley" call from Gamestop yesterday to let me know my pre-ordered($5 down)copy of Darksiders was going to be in tomorrow and 'to bring any games I have to trade with me'.

Thing is, I have $188 and change in GS credit from flipping games over the past week or two, so I COULD pick this game up. But I want to wait till it gets at least a couple price drops, since I still haven't finished Sacred 2, Heavenly Sword, Bionic Commando, Little Big Planet, Mercenaries 2, WET or Rise Of The Argonauts yet.

I'll probably pick this up with Red Dead Redemption and another game the next time GS has a B2G1 after RDR FINALLY fuckin' releases(in APRIL).

Posted Image

#48 LBJC

LBJC

Lvl99; CAG+100

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:35 PM

Posted Image

#49 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:31 PM

IGN review is a 7.8

I find IGN to sometimes pad their scores but they sometimes do the opposite, as they gave KH2 a 7.5. Though this seems fair, unlike KH2 which should have gotten an 8.5.

I'm going to wait for the GT review since I like theirs the most. If it's good, I'll pick it up at GS and probably trade in my copy of A Boy and His Blob for $20 off.

#50 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:53 PM

I think score wise GT is usually closest of all. Weird that lots of smaller sites give it a much higher score than IGN. UK and AU IGN even gave it 9.0 and 8.9. More scores... I will play this game at some point though.

#51 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:08 PM

Just a heads up -

The Harvester weapon is an in-game code. Pause the game, go to options, hit code, enter "The Hollow Land", case and space sensitive.

Next time you visit the volgrim, you can purchase the Harvester.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#52 LBJC

LBJC

Lvl99; CAG+100

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:27 PM

Just a heads up -

The Harvester weapon is an in-game code. Pause the game, go to options, hit code, enter "The Hollow Land", case and space sensitive.

Next time you visit the volgrim, you can purchase the Harvester.

Thanx Scorch, I posted that on the OP a few days ago :)

#53 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:34 PM

Anyone play it yet and care to share their reaction?

#54 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:43 PM

I got a call from the Gamestop I pre-ordered this game from this afternoon to come pick it up. I'm just gonna take in the receipt and get my $5 deposit back tomorrow, since I still have no desire to play this game just yet.

Posted Image

#55 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:29 PM

I played it for a bit, and it's not a bad game. I might even have picked it up had it come out at a different time. This would have been perfect for the summer when nothing comes out. The comparisons to Zelda are correct. It's far more in that vein than a pure action game like GoW.

Honestly, what kills this game the most is that it came out the same day as Bayonetta. With an amazing game like that at my house I have little desire to go back to Darksiders right now.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#56 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:04 AM

It's pretty good. I see the comparison to both games, but it feels more like Zelda than GoW. I think it has a lot to do with presentation- more open world maps, and less "forced" conflicts- more often than not there are bad guys roaming and you just have no choice but to fight them (as opposed to the GoW style of locking you in a room/hallway).

#57 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:43 AM

Gamefly sent it out on Monday, so I should hopefully get it today. An odd coincidence that I also have the next 4 days off from work! Hopefully this will be fun, it looks to have good ideas, but from the last gameplay I saw, not so great execution. Let's hope it can be at least a pretty fun game, still don't think it was worth keeping my pre-order, but I guess this game will show me if I'm right or wrong sometime tomorrow.

Posted Image

#58 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:45 AM

GameTrailers put their Bayonetta review up so Darksiders should come tomorrow. I'll probably pick it up once I see their review. I'll stick to getting it at GameStop. I have a game I can trade in for $20 off and I might give my friend $20 for a game he has that's also eligible for the promo.

#59 StillFree

StillFree

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:59 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item4cecf12b52

Sad thing is that he sold 14 of these already. :-s

Posted ImagePosted Image

#60 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:22 PM

Way to get the name wrong in the title. Though I bet that was intentional to get people tot think "there was another bonus weapon? I'll pay $3 for it"