Gamefly April Used Game Sale

• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

#91 morpheus47

morpheus47

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:46 PM

Got L4D2 for $8.70 after a $10 credit, thanks OP.

#92 brkptr

brkptr

This was a triumph

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:58 PM

Ha, I literally just today received the final game I bought from the *last* Gamefly sale, and yet here I am buying Prototype and Brutal Legend like everyone else. That backlog is not getting any smaller.
Thanks for the heads up Cheapy.

#93 Warrior Swagger

Warrior Swagger

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:16 PM

Also just bought Prototype and Brutal Legend, I couldn't resist.

#94 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:19 PM

Grabbed a copy of Prototype and Secret Service (Realize this game probably won't be that good) for a bit over $20. Can't complain.

Dude, Secret Service is not even worth $1. It is so bad you could not force me to play it, even for Achievements, and I'm an Achievement addict. Should have just stuck to Prototype.

#95 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:22 PM

Bought Prototype and its already been shipped. That's the way it should always be.

#96 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:24 PM

Woo, they had a restock of AC2 (360), so I picked that up, too for a low low 23.xx! They also just shipped my copy of Prototype.

#97 ryushe

ryushe

Dopey Otaku Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:29 PM

Damn! Prototype isn't sold out yet???

Come on guys, buy this thing up so I don't have to be tempted anymore!

#98 Skydude

Skydude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:36 PM

I already beat a friend's copy of prototype, got gold on all the challenges, and don't think I'll bother to try to get platinum or beat it on hard...but I might, and I might want to just play the game again, and at that price...I'll probably bite.

I've had fun with the Overlord games for the 360, so I might check out Dark Legend on the Wii at that price...

#99 Fire_Thief

Fire_Thief

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:47 PM

Prototype and Brutal Legend suck, brah..

Nothing for me this sale.

#100 jacobchabot

jacobchabot

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:13 PM

Screw all y'all! I thought I was getting out of this with just buying Brutal Legend, but after reading all the comments, I went back for Prototype. MY BACKLOG IS YOUR FAULT CAGS!!:-x:D

#101 mm07

mm07

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:18 PM

For the amount of people who bought the shitty Secret Service game (myself included), this should be a flag to developers that we'll go crazy for an actual GOOD secret service themed game.

#102 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:58 PM

I picked up a RB Classic Rock pack from GF a few months back and it came with an unused download code so you should get a code if you pick up the track packs from GF.

Note: The RB Country Track Pack is no longer in stock.

Hail to Pitt!

#103 Syranth

Syranth

Formerly WormFOODx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:07 PM

I bought Prototype at launch and LOVED the game. It's not for everyone, but it was a lot of fun mayhem. It shouldn't have launched at the same time as inFAMOUS.

Put some metal on, it goes well with it.

#104 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:26 PM

Went for a ProtoType at that price hard to say no.

#105 LiquidCrew

LiquidCrew

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:54 PM

I bought Prototype at launch and LOVED the game. It's not for everyone, but it was a lot of fun mayhem. It shouldn't have launched at the same time as inFAMOUS.

Put some metal on, it goes well with it.

I think it was a perfect time to launch Prototype. InFAMOUS was a PS3 exclusive and Prototype was multie platform. Both are very similar in game type/style. Xbox360's answer to InFAMOUS. But, InFAMOUS<Prototype. Not sure what I'll be getting, maybe Prototype and Red Faction.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#106 mm07

mm07

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:58 PM

Infamous is certainly NOT less than "<" Prototype.

P.s. Like my grade school teacher used to say, "The Pac Man eats the bigger number" (LOL)

#107 hiljay

hiljay

Super Aggro CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:05 PM

bit on prototype. thanks cheapy!

#108 ryushe

ryushe

Dopey Otaku Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:10 PM

I liked inFamous and all, but it is pretty forgettable once you beat it. The ride through was pretty awesome though and I will still say it has the best gameplay (In how you actually control your character) of any game this gen.

Specking of which, how often does GF sale usually come around?

#109 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:28 PM

Seems like its every couple months or so

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#110 IcBluScRn

IcBluScRn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:50 PM

Well i got brutal & prototype , had secret service in my cart for $8.99 but some replies on this thread changed my mind. thanks for the heads up.

#111 riddler

riddler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:13 PM

Picked up brutal and L4d2. Thanks Cheapy!

#112 ieatpoptarts

ieatpoptarts

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:33 PM

I bought prototype, couldn't resist the $10 price tag. Ever since I discovered CAG I've been spending way more money on games. Granted, I'm getting more bang for my buck. I just need to learn self control...

#113 Skydude

Skydude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:21 AM

I bought prototype and overlord: dark legend. Then I had second thoughts about the latter and sent them an email asking if I could cancel just that one game. If they say "no" then I'll live, I'm still on the fence even now.

#114 Geello

Geello

Walked into Mordor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:47 AM

Gamefly is quickly becoming my favorite place to buy games. :)

Posted Image

#115 Metalic Sand

Metalic Sand

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:08 AM

So i have to ask. What is the condition usually for disc from gamefly. Expect scratchs but itll play fine?

Im sure this is asked everytime so im sorry. lol

Posted ImagePosted Image

Add me on LIVE to compare or challenge XBLA scores! https://www.dropbox....ls/NTUzNzI3OTg5

#116 daminion

daminion

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:12 AM

So i have to ask. What is the condition usually for disc from gamefly. Expect scratchs but itll play fine?

Im sure this is asked everytime so im sorry. lol

Tends to vary. I've received games in perfect condition. Others have had light scratches. Games are guaranteed to play though, so you're safe either way. Case and Manual are in NEW condition.

#117 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:21 AM

Snagged Prototype, almost bought it at Gamestop 3 times in the last 2 weeks.

#118 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:23 AM

Dude....you really aren't making this any easier...I know I'd love it...but I have literally like 50+ games in my backlog...

*Mouse hovering over submit order button*

Do it,
do it, do it.....

My backlog is just as awful, well much worse than 50 if you count in all systems across the generations, but I'm sure yours is as well ;)

I think it's a sickness. As soon as the 360 gets back from being repaired I think I'm going to try and beat like 1 short game a week as well as play others(sacred 2, resonance of fate, borderlands, all long).

#119 cr1980

cr1980

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:23 AM

Picked up Prototype, Brutal Legend, and Overload: Dark Legend. Gamefly is one of my favorite places to buy games from.

#120 ryushe

ryushe

Dopey Otaku Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:06 AM

Do it,
do it, do it.....

My backlog is just as awful, well much worse than 50 if you count in all systems across the generations, but I'm sure yours is as well ;)

I think it's a sickness. As soon as the 360 gets back from being repaired I think I'm going to try and beat like 1 short game a week as well as play others(sacred 2, resonance of fate, borderlands, all long).

*sigh*

I was never good with peer pressure...

I bite. Hell, for only $4.34 how could I complain?

...There goes my backlog...