XBLA Sales 2011 - Closed!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4421 replies to this topic

#3031 Kraus989

Kraus989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:55 AM

Just picked up Broken Steel for Fallout 3. I actually finished the last side quest for Fallout 3 yesterday, so this is perfect timing. Are the other two dlcs worth buying at 400 msp?

Point Lookout is a must-buy, Operation Anchorage and Mothership Zeta are underwhelming.

#3032 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:03 AM

Point Lookout is a must-buy, Operation Anchorage and Mothership Zeta are underwhelming.

GOTY copy of FO3 available at AWD for $15. Might as well sell your copy and get all the DLC. (I recommend it all, EXCEPT Mothership Zeta. Trudged myselg through it to get my 1550/1550 and Platinum) :lol: If you know someone with a copy, download and install the DLC disc to your drive and it should be good to go, regardless of your current games' state.

#3033 Foladar

Foladar

Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff

• Forum Moderator

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:09 AM

Saw this list on a German site (http://www.looki.de/...ate_n89977.html) that claims to have a roadmap to the deals upcoming, including today's Fallout deals, but it's possible the article was written after Fallout was discovered. Nothing listed for tomorrow, so it sounds slightly shady, but a good read nonetheless.

12/22/2011: Fallout contents
24.12.2011: Street Fighter 3 Third Strike Online Edition
25/12/2011: Fruit Ninja Kinect
12/26/2011: Forza Motorsport 4 content (including Season Pass, avatar items)
12/27/2011: Reach Halo content (including Gond, packs, avatar items, etc.)
28/12/2011: Sonic contents
12/29/2011: Red Dead Redemption content
30/12/2011: Gears of War 3 content (including Season Pass Add-ons and avatar items)
31.12.2011: Call of Duty contents

It also seems odd to have a sale on the Gears 3 season pass, and "only" Fruit Ninja on Christmas. Take it with a grain of salt and re-evaluate it on the 24th when that deal is announced. Figured it's something though. Don't shoot the messenger if it's fake.

#3034 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:16 AM

Saw this list on a German site (http://www.looki.de/...ate_n89977.html) that claims to have a roadmap to the deals upcoming, including today's Fallout deals, but it's possible the article was written after Fallout was discovered. Nothing listed for tomorrow, so it sounds slightly shady, but a good read nonetheless.

30/12/2011: Gears of War 3 content (including Season Pass Add-ons and avatar items)

It also seems odd to have a sale on the Gears 3 season pass, and "only" Fruit Ninja on Christmas. Take it with a grain of salt and re-evaluate it on the 24th when that deal is announced. Figured it's something though. Don't shoot the messenger if it's fake.

I hope the 30th and 31st are true. The other days though are a little lackluster (Some of it I have but some of it doesn't appeal to me). Last year was a lot better with XBLA games and DLC on sale at the same time each day.

#3035 cthomer5000

cthomer5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:19 AM

Just picked up Broken Steel for Fallout 3. I actually finished the last side quest for Fallout 3 yesterday, so this is perfect timing. Are the other two dlcs worth buying at 400 msp?

Agreed. Fallout 3 is one of my all time favorites. Definitely get Broken Steel and Point Lookout. The Pitt is decent, and IMHO zeta and anchorage arent worth the time.

#3036 FrogTheWarrior

FrogTheWarrior

Let's Rock

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:21 AM

Picked up both of the New Vegas DLC packs I was missing (Old World Blues and Lonesome Road). I may just bite the bullet and buy Gun Runner's Arsenal at full price, but I'll at least wait until I boot the game up again.

sig.gif

#3037 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:25 AM

please be fake

#3038 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:26 AM

Wow if this turns out to be true that would be AWFUL. I wouldn't end up spending a single msp. Way too much dlc. But not gonna get worked up about it yet, just hope its not real. :)

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3039 Foladar

Foladar

• Forum Moderator

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:28 AM

please be fake

That's what I'm figuring too, but figured it's definitely something to put out there just in case it's not fake. Not sure why a German site would have the details though and Kotaku or another site wouldn't have it. None of it interests me either, except the Gears 3 season pass for the right price, but I'd guess 33% if they really did discount it.

#3040 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:33 AM

That's what I'm figuring too, but figured it's definitely something to put out there just in case it's not fake. Not sure why a German site would have the details though and Kotaku or another site wouldn't have it. None of it interests me either, except the Gears 3 season pass for the right price, but I'd guess 33% if they really did discount it.

I just don't want the last two days to be fake. I want a chance at Gears 3 DLC and Black Ops DLC.

#3041 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:52 AM

I'd be OK with that "leaked" list, I've been thinking about getting Fruit Ninja and the Gears of War 3 DLC as it is. Heck, I might even buy a Forza 4 DLC pack. I don't think the sales are great but I'm not exactly sure what people are expecting...

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
ifqh2N3.pngyErIY3s.png2q1uoso.jpg

#3042 Foladar

Foladar

• Forum Moderator

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:02 AM

I'd be OK with that "leaked" list, I've been thinking about getting Fruit Ninja and the Gears of War 3 DLC as it is. Heck, I might even buy a Forza 4 DLC pack. I don't think the sales are great but I'm not exactly sure what people are expecting...

Less DLC, more standalone games for me. Most of that "leaked list" is DLC. Not into Street Fighter, and no Kinect so not much there. I guess I'd try Sonic for the right price. They should have kept Bastion for late into the sale though. The list also lacks the January days.

#3043 c2thaj

c2thaj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:02 AM

If that list is legit I will blow myself on kinect video chat for all to watch.

Pretty much all dlc?
For overrated games?

NOOOOOOO.

#3044 Frosty The Batman

Frosty The Batman

Luv that dirty water

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:07 AM

I'm very ok with today's deal. I don't need it and don't have any more points yet.
That leaked list is pretty weak so I hope it's fake. At least it would save me money.

6041.png

#3045 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:14 AM

I'd buy the Fallout NV stuff because I need the last 2 for $5 each instead of $10.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#3046 YoatOverNothing

YoatOverNothing

Some Guy On The Internet

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:18 AM

please be fake

I'm with you on that. I won't be getting anything if that list is real.

However, is it possible that since this list was on a German site that perhaps these deals might be different for us in the US? Or will these deals be for all regions?

#3047 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:21 AM

In for the two Fallout NV DLC that haven't been on sale before. Now I just really need to buck up and start playing the game before the complete edition comes out......

#3048 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:22 AM

Saw this list on a German site ....

Thanks. I'll stick a link to your post in the OP and mark it as rumors.

Edited by reddjoey, 22 December 2011 - 07:33 AM.
reduced

Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#3049 Foladar

Foladar

• Forum Moderator

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:23 AM

I'm with you on that. I won't be getting anything if that list is real.

However, is it possible that since this list was on a German site that perhaps these deals might be different for us in the US? Or will these deals be for all regions?

Well, today's deal on there shows Fallout content (aka DLC) but it's possible he created the list after it was leaked, put that as today's deal, and skipped tomorrow to buy the site 24 hours of traffic. I'd definitely take it with the smallest grain of salt, to say the least.

#3050 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:25 AM

It's probably not real, but I wish it was. Then I can commit my points to Bloodrayne. (Anyone on the fence about it should try the demo - it's a challenging game.)

#3051 c2thaj

c2thaj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:28 AM

It's probably not real, but I wish it was. Then I can commit my points to Bloodrayne. (Anyone on the fence about it should try the demo - it's a challenging game.)

I got it but I can't really say anything good about it besides the art.

While the animation flows so well it feels like I'm playing in a cartoon the gameplay is more or less garbage and the achievements are out of the realm of people who haven't played the game 10 times over.

#3052 ChicoChanqlueta

ChicoChanqlueta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:33 AM

I actually just beat Bloodrayne today. I got it on release day and all I can say is that it's frustratingly hard at certain points. I'm someone who always plays games on easy just so I can enjoy the journey so Bloodrayne was very challenging. I beat Super Meat Boy but Bloodrayne does not have the tight controls Super Meat Boy had so sometimes it feels like it's Bloodrayne's fault that you are losing and not your own fault.

I'm always sort of just lurking and don't post much but thanks for doing such a great job redjoey, and I'm digging the site Spylon.
Posted Image

#3053 whitereflection

whitereflection

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:37 AM

I got it but I can't really say anything good about it besides the art.

While the animation flows so well it feels like I'm playing in a cartoon the gameplay is more or less garbage and the achievements are out of the realm of people who haven't played the game 10 times over.

Really? I played the demo - it goes up to the first boss, does it get worse? - and the game's tempo was so smooth that it felt like I had ESP. Like as soon as vampire grunts appear, you mash them with melee attacks, send one flying towards the other end of the screen because there's one about to shoot you, then clean up a third and suck his blood. Keep walking and as soon as you see those exploding thingies, bam, one shot from your gun takes them out, because they do a lot of damage when they self-destruct. Keep walking and you have to backflip onto a ledge to take out some lampposts. It was like a Sonic game where you never get hit.

#3054 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:37 AM

I don't know if Outrun is still the talk of the thread but I do want to say that Outrun isn't really a racing game in the traditional sense. It's a game that's all about drifting through each turn expertly, threading the needles. It's compelling and deep but in an accessible, fun, arcadey way. You don't have to be great at it to enjoy it. I think it helps to get into the mindset of the game to realize that the principal reason you would choose manual transmission in Outrun is because an immediate downshift/upshift toggle will send you into a drift without costing you the speed of tapping the brakes. The game expects you to think in those terms, maximum controlled drift, maximum MPH.

Really though, for all that, I can't make a compelling thesis as to why it's fun but I love it.

And, still, Outrun 2006 is the SUPERIOR product in every way to the XBLA offering in terms of content. It's been pulled already but OOA is not a bad dose of Outrun if it's your only. You aren't deprived if you ONLY have OOA.

#3055 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:41 AM

I snagged myself the 2 Kinect games (love the Kinect with my family), and grabbed the last two FO:NV DLC's. I still need to go back to that one at some point.

#3056 whitereflection

whitereflection

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:44 AM

You know what? I just realized that you guys were probably playing Bloodrayne with a standard 360 controller. I was using my Street Fighter pad - it's smaller and fits into your hands better, and the d-pad is worlds apart from the shit-pad on a 360 controller. Now I'm really excited to get the game. How long is it?

#3057 ChicoChanqlueta

ChicoChanqlueta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:51 AM

You know what? I just realized that you guys were probably playing Bloodrayne with a standard 360 controller. I was using my Street Fighter pad - it's smaller and fits into your hands better, and the d-pad is worlds apart from the shit-pad on a 360 controller. Now I'm really excited to get the game. How long is it?

There's only fifteen chapters and it took me around four hours to finish it. The game does have some collectibles to improve your character and it has a ranking system that I have yet to get anything above an F in. So there is some replay value, but I never felt compelled to try to get a better score since that would involve trying not to get damaged and speeding through everything with no mistakes.

By the way, I played it on the PS3 and still found the controls troublesome. I was happy when I finished the game and didn't have to play it anymore, but I really enjoyed the soundtrack, so I've got mixed feelings on it.
Posted Image

#3058 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:53 AM

I got Bloodrayne @ launch so at 600 msp I'd recommend it. No one has mentioned that the game comes with some gamerpics which are sweet and look cool. The only bad thing I can say is the difficulty challenge but it'll take some time and patience.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3059 TheRobReport

TheRobReport

Stoned Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:56 AM

I snagged all the Fallout 3 DLC's, Already puttin in good time on the game itself, might as well see what the DLC has to offer.

#3060 Screwhead281

Screwhead281

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:05 AM

Wow every time I have posted in here wishing for a sale on New Vegas DLC, it happens in the next few days.

Whoo! Now I have all 4 of the DLCs for 20 bucks. This is why I love this site.
[URL="http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=1572187"][/URL]