Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10290 replies to this topic

#10081 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:16 PM

Just a reminder: put jagged alliance on that bundle, is one of the top games on the list.

You forgot to say, "Please."

#10082 Estbarul

Estbarul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

I love buying from Amazon.. but again, like others said, I only want to use Steam, so I'm not buying games that only work outside steam... I don't have the time to go all around finding my games... as I don't game that much, but I like to buy nice bundles for sure.

#10083 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

I love buying from Amazon.. but again, like others said, I only want to use Steam, so I'm not buying games that only work outside steam... I don't have the time to go all around finding my games... as I don't game that much, but I like to buy nice bundles for sure.

What's wrong with Amazon? I don't get the idea that a game collection should be ALL on Steam. Competition is great and if there is a company that is less likely than Valve to shut down and me losing my game collection, it Amazon.

#10084 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

You forgot to say, "Please."

hahaha... Ok, so "please, can the bundle include jagged alliance". Already have that game, retail, but it never hurts to have a digital version

#10085 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:00 PM

Tony, while I am not against an all-steam bundle, I think a majority of people on amazon (not us CAGs) dont care if they are on steam or not. In fact, I am sure most of them would prefer DRM free games. I dont mind DRM free games myself as I can easily add them to my steam library right after I buy them. If you are buying so many games that you cant keep track of them, that is your fault. I still think with these strategy first games, a few thematic bundles would sell very well. Great if you can do an all steam bundle but if the games are unrelated to each other and I am only interested in a few then I probably wont bite. Now, if you make a racing/vehicle bundle with these strategy first games, I and probably many other people who enjoy racing games would definitely bite. So, pretty please will you make a racing bundle out of that list?

TL/DR- Strategy First Racing/Vehicle Bundle

Spoiler

30 games in all. Threw a couple of RTS games in there as they are still mainly vehicle/naval control. Also, those last few Victorian games did not look very fun. Maybe only put a couple of those if you want to cut down on the amount of games. This bundle at 9.99 or 12.49 would interest me very much.

Edited by golfer, 12 September 2012 - 09:30 PM.

#10086 ev768

ev768

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

Alright so I'm going to go ahead and push for an all steam bundle. Stay tuned.

Thank you so much! I know a lot of us will be interested in this bundle.

#10087 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:33 PM

What's wrong with Amazon? I don't get the idea that a game collection should be ALL on Steam. Competition is great and if there is a company that is less likely than Valve to shut down and me losing my game collection, it Amazon.

Agreed 100%.

If games are Non-Steam - hell, you can just add most of these games as Non-Steam games over Steam if need-be, anyways.

Even though I doubt Valve will go under; or that I doubt that sell to EA anytime soon or anybody else anytime soon - this way if Valve never lives up to their promise (to pull the DRM plug, if they go away), I won't have to complain & worry about my games if the games are DRM-FREE. DRM-FREE guarantees that my games are indeed MY GAMES.

If there's an option to go Steam or DRM-FREE, DRM-FREE wins for me almost every time.

I like having OPTIONS.

#10088 Lint21

Lint21

Probably Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:54 PM

Nothing is "wrong" with Amazon. They are a fine retailer, offering a great selection of products at competitive prices with excellent service. This is why they are starting to dominate the retail sector, taking huge chunks of traditional stores business (Best Buy, etc.) and even scaring progressive online services like Netflix. I shop at Amazon all the time, more than enough to justify my Prime membership.

It's simply that many of us use Steam as our primary "platform" for PC gaming and prefer not to keep track of games in other ways. I was a PC gamer for years - cut my teeth in the 386 days with Sierra and Lucasarts adventures and joystick flight sims and shooters. I kept playing on PC until around when Half Life 2 was released in 2004. Shortly thereafter, consoles began to offer a superior platform. One place to keep track of your achievements, friends, and digital purchases.

I stopped playing PC games largely because it was more complicated and difficult to get games to work and to keep track of the install files, patches, etc. Consoles handles all of that for me. They also gave me a nice digital library that I could quickly load any game from. The PC attempts at doing this were clunky at best and never received mass adoption. As an adult with a job, family, and community commitments, I don't have the time or patience to do anything other than what consoles allowed me to do, which was just play a game.

I think a lot of people drifted away from PC gaming when I did, and for many of the same reasons. When I returned to PC gaming a couple of years ago, it was due ONLY to Steam having matured as a platform. It auto-patches my games, almost every game on it works on my PC, has friends list and chat, etc., etc. Not to mention the insane prices on the Steam store and from places like Amazon for Steamworks titles.

PC gaming was on the verge of dying due to the easier, more accessible experience of console gaming. It is back now in a big way, and I think that Valve and their Steam platform are owed most of the credit. They have taken a fragmented market and consolidated it, giving PC gamers a place to centralize. Oh, and they've done it right, with consumer-friendly policies and reducing piracy along the way.

I believe PC *is* the superior platform - it always was from a technical perspective, and now it has the central platform to back it up. I personally support Steam not just for the fact that it's easier for me, but because I believe it is responsible for the current health of PC gaming. This is why I despise EA's Origin, UBISoft's UPLay, and other similar blatant attempts to cut into the market-share that Steam has built up. Those competing services will only serve to fragment the market again, not to mention make the PC gaming experience a difficult and frustrating one (which client is this in? what patches do I need?).

This isn't about "competition being good". Amazon likely would never have opened a DVG store if not for the progress that Steam has made in establishing PC gaming as viable again. This is why all of those comments about "Amazon is crushing Steam in the Winter sale this year rahrah!" are so silly. While Amazon may not like Steam as a fellow digital store with low prices, they need them as a platform. And though you "don't get" that all of a game collection should be on Steam, I frankly cannot be bothered any more to manage digital content for something as frivolous as video games in more than one location per platform.

tldr; I like Steam cuz everything is in one place. Also, Valve rules, EA drools. And I'm old.
SUPPORT FLOUR GUNS.
Posted Image

#10089 Greyghost

Greyghost

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:12 PM

Just unlurking to say that I agree with the above text wall, would rather buy my games on Steam for the convenience and am only interested in a Steam only bundle.

#10090 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:27 PM

I really doubt Amazon has been moving more and more toward Steam key reliance just becasue of "us CAGS." They probably have sales data that supports the move.

#10091 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:30 PM

Also agree with text wall. Steam is just so convenient. I install/uninstall games all the time because I have a relatively small HD and it's so easy with Steam. Not to mention automatic patches, cloud saves, big picture mode, trading and gifting, etc just streamline the experience so much that I don't buy anything that doesn't activate there.

Hand__Of__God.png

#10092 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:44 PM

I really doubt Amazon has been moving more and more toward Steam key reliance just becasue of "us CAGS." They probably have sales data that supports the move.

Yes for the 3 or 4 people that whine about games not being on steam there are droves more that want it that way. Which is why I would imagine amazon is now trying to offer more. Check out the hive mind on reddit which gets loads more people than out forum here. The steam or no sale sentiment runs strong.

#10093 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:11 PM

I also agree with the text wall God, he is most correct and has earned my faith in his deity. All shall come to know the love of the wall-of-text and be complacent in his love.

@Tony What about having a master list of 30+ games (whatever it is) and a set price for 20 of them or so, and every gets to pick from that list. If they were all going on sale anyway, as in the case of the 1C bundle, all of them. Then why not set a lower total number (whenever the tech guys find the magic limit) and let the customer build their own package "build-a-bundle style"?

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#10094 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:13 PM

I also agree with the text wall God, he is most correct and has earned my faith in his deity. All shall come to know the love of the wall-of-text and be complacent in his love.

@Tony What about having a master list of 30+ games (whatever it is) and a set price for 20 of them or so, and every gets to pick from that list. If they were all going on sale anyway, as in the case of the 1C bundle, all of them. Then why not set a lower total number (whenever the tech guys find the magic limit) and let the customer build their own package "build-a-bundle style"?

as it stands now you cant even check out with multiple digital items (at least last month i couldn't.) i cant see how they could implement something like that without fixing that fatal flaw first

#10095 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:42 PM

Spoiler

Well, how can I compete with that wall of text?

Anyway, while Amazon has many things they need to learn/fix in their digital downloads selections (like multiple game orders as stupidproz pointed out), they had 1 major thing that Steam had not been able to compete well with...customer service.

Any problem from Steam takes days through their Support. Amazon, I can call them up and talk to a person almost immediately. Heck, they even refund digital games apparently (as I learned here in the forum)
Spoiler

If you ever get locked out of Steam, you're boned for at least a couple of days (rare but would still suck)

#10096 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:34 AM

For me it's not just convience. It's more of I have more games right now on Steam than space on HD's that I have can fill and well even if I got all of those Steam games DRM free, I would have no way to keep copies of all of them, so I would need to rely on digital downloading anyway to keep my games. I use Amazon as a service for games anyway, works great, but there becomes a point where gaming feels too much like work if I actually need to keep track of every place I own a DD of a game.

Not trying to say Steam is good or bad one way or another but in some situations it's handy.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#10097 Lint21

Lint21

Probably Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:37 AM

LMAO @ the responses... "text wall god" :)

Greyghost, welcome to the land of non-lurkers!

voken, I hope my post didn't really come across at hostile toward you. I meant it more as a general response to all the anti-Steam stuff I see, as well as a way of furthering my not-so-hidden agenda of urging Tony to sell more Steam keys :)
SUPPORT FLOUR GUNS.
Posted Image

#10098 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:50 AM

I love Steam, and I love DRM-free. In a perfect Amazon world, we could have each choice every time.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#10099 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:10 AM

LMAO @ the responses... "text wall god" :)

Greyghost, welcome to the land of non-lurkers!

voken, I hope my post didn't really come across at hostile toward you. I meant it more as a general response to all the anti-Steam stuff I see, as well as a way of furthering my not-so-hidden agenda of urging Tony to sell more Steam keys :)

No offense taken. Everything cool (fist-bump)

#10100 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:13 AM

After reading The "text wall", I suddenly want to play The Legend of Kyrandia... AGAIN. *searching for pen and paper for the dark maze*.

Edit: don't tell me you get through the dark maze without drawing it!

#10101 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:15 AM

I feel that a genre themed is better, personally a random grab bag of steam games is unlikely to appeal to me sufficiently to buy it. A themed bundle that appeals to to me is much more likely to make a sale. Also, I already own the better known titles in the list, e.g. Sacred, Flatout, JA2, etc, (which have largely been sales and bundles) so I cannot be tempted to simply buy it to get X & Y.

Tony, while I am not against an all-steam bundle, I think a majority of people on amazon (not us CAGs) dont care if they are on steam or not. In fact, I am sure most of them would prefer DRM free games. I dont mind DRM free games myself as I can easily add them to my steam library right after I buy them. If you are buying so many games that you cant keep track of them, that is your fault. I still think with these strategy first games, a few thematic bundles would sell very well. Great if you can do an all steam bundle but if the games are unrelated to each other and I am only interested in a few then I probably wont bite. Now, if you make a racing/vehicle bundle with these strategy first games, I and probably many other people who enjoy racing games would definitely bite. So, pretty please will you make a racing bundle out of that list?

Well said!

#10102 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:26 AM

I feel that a genre themed is better, personally a random grab bag of steam games is unlikely to appeal to me sufficiently to buy it. A themed bundle that appeals to to me is much more likely to make a sale. Also, I already own the better known titles in the list, e.g. Sacred, Flatout, JA2, etc, (which have largely been sales and bundles) so I cannot be tempted to simply buy it to get X & Y.

Well said!

Yeah, nothing against Steam, and I definitely think a Steam bundle will sell, but a bunch of random Steam games are not as appealing to me as a themed game pack or several of them especially since adventure games seem to have a hard time making over to steam for some reason.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#10103 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:38 AM

I think the best market Amazon can exploit is DRM-free games. Particularly old games that are not on Steam. It probably going to compete with GoG (who I like but feel they need to discount their game more) but I would buy a old game that DRM-free rather than a one with Steam DRM (or worst multiple DRM, like GTA4 which had Steam, GFWL & Rockstar Social Club)

#10104 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:11 AM

It was sort of asked recently, but is there an ETA on when the Kalypso Bundle is going to run?

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#10105 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:18 AM

After reading The "text wall", I suddenly want to play The Legend of Kyrandia... AGAIN. *searching for pen and paper for the dark maze*.

Edit: don't tell me you get through the dark maze without drawing it!

Man, I was just on GOG the other day looking to see if they had Legend of Kyrandia. And, of course I got through the dark maze without drawing it!! (j/k ;))

#10106 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:38 AM

+1 to Probably Drunk guy. Although I disagree with the "can't be arsed" argument because Steam makes it simple to add non-Steam stuff to your library. Eff those other clients, though.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#10107 omgoblins

omgoblins

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:44 AM

ARGH!!! I HATE NON-STEAM GAMES!!!! I MEAN SERIOUSLY IT'S SO HARD TO KEEP TRACK OF ALL MY GAMES, I CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO MAKE SHORTCUTS ON MY DESKTOP, POSSIBLY IN A FOLDER TO SAVE SPACE!!!!!!!!
I ALSO WILL NEVER USE THE **STEAM** FEATURE UNDER the Games tab Games>Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library NEVER I SAY!!!!! I CANNOT TAKE THE 5 SECONDS TO CLICK ON THAT BUTTON, SELECT THE GAME FROM THE NICE LIST THAT STEAM GENERATES AND POOF HAVE IT IN MY STEAM LIBRARY!!!!!!!! YES IT EVEN SHOWS ALL GAMES ACROSS ALL YOUR DRIVES, EVEN SHOWS OTHER APPLICATIONS!!! WHAT A FREAKING INCONVENIENCE!!!!! ARGGHH!!!!!!!

Seriously though, all you Steamheads that say "omgz I wont buy non-steam game cause I can't keep track of where they are!!" are ridiculous, since Steam gives you an EASY option to add ANY GAME OR APPLICATION to your STEAM LIBRARY in SECONDS!! I have ALL my ORIGIN games in my STEAM LIBRARY, I also launch itunes from my steam library, launch all my DRM FREE games from my steam library. Like I said it finds ALL .exe's from ALL drives so it literally takes SECONDS to set up and use! If you are crying because you don't have enough space for your games, then quit spending money on games and get a 1TB drive for $60-$100 and have enough space for games for the next 5 years!

I see a lot of excuses being thrown about, either there is a ton of ignorance about how easy and seamlessly these tools work, or there is just an abundance of laziness. If it's the first case then rejoice! There is an easy way to have your cake and eat it through your steam library as well! If it's the second case, then whatever, you can watch me eat my cake I guess.. oh and p.s. our steam library > your steam library, sucker!

#10108 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:45 AM

Spoiler

By "Amazon is crushing Steam" I think they meant price-wise. ;)

Steam will always be the bigger DD service, unless Amazon ups their game and comes out with a bangin' client with all of the features that Steam currently has. We all know that won't happen any time soon though, since Steam has taken quite a while to develop and get where it is now.

EDIT: I think there's too much praise for the "Add a non-Steam game" feature. The point isn't the screenshots, social features, and overlay; it's the auto-updates and ease of manageability (install/uninstall) that makes Steam the ideal platform. However, the "Add a non-Steam game" feature adds nothing, IMHO.

However, while I agree that Steam is great, I couldn't care less about where my games are, unless GOG has the game, in which case I'll automatically go with GOG for the extras/goodies they throw in, as well as wanting to support the good they're doing.

I'm a computer science major, a student, so I have time to dick around and waste countless hours on making a spreadsheet to keep track of all of my games and implement tons of useless shit that I have there just to satisfy my curiosity; I actually really enjoy doing it too, which helps immensely.

The point is, although there is a vast majority of people who only game on the PC with Steam, I believe the main purpose of PC gaming is customizability, period. You get to mod whatever the Fuck you want, patch your game with nude patches, make in-game graphics look incredibly realistic, or whatever the hell else your mind can cook up. You get to do what you want with whatever you want, given that you have and want to take the time to do so.

I get that there are a lot of people who don't care enough to/don't have the time to dedicate to manage games across multiple DD's, but PC gaming never died, or even got anywhere close to it for that matter, it just dwindled down to those who had the time/wanted to take the time to game on the PC. I'll always be a PC gamer, maybe that's just me, and while I agree that Steam has done an incredible job getting the majority back on the wagon, the minority of us were always there, and will always be there.

Why the Fuck did I even write this? I have no idea, but I felt like doing it. ;)

Also, this isn't a flame, and I don't mean for it to be; don't let the Shaq-fu's fool you. <3

Edited by Severose, 13 September 2012 - 03:08 AM.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#10109 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:47 AM

ARGH!!! I HATE NON-STEAM GAMES!!!! I MEAN SERIOUSLY IT'S SO HARD TO KEEP TRACK OF ALL MY GAMES, I CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO MAKE SHORTCUTS ON MY DESKTOP, POSSIBLY IN A FOLDER TO SAVE SPACE!!!!!!!!
I ALSO WILL NEVER USE THE **STEAM** FEATURE UNDER the Games tab Games>Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library NEVER I SAY!!!!! I CANNOT TAKE THE 5 SECONDS TO CLICK ON THAT BUTTON, SELECT THE GAME FROM THE NICE LIST THAT STEAM GENERATES AND POOF HAVE IT IN MY STEAM LIBRARY!!!!!!!! YES IT EVEN SHOWS ALL GAMES ACROSS ALL YOUR DRIVES, EVEN SHOWS OTHER APPLICATIONS!!! WHAT A FREAKING INCONVENIENCE!!!!! ARGGHH!!!!!!!

Seriously though, all you Steamheads that say "omgz I wont buy non-steam game cause I can't keep track of where they are!!" are ridiculous, since Steam gives you an EASY option to add ANY GAME OR APPLICATION to your STEAM LIBRARY in SECONDS!! I have ALL my ORIGIN games in my STEAM LIBRARY, I also launch itunes from my steam library, launch all my DRM FREE games from my steam library. Like I said it finds ALL .exe's from ALL drives so it literally takes SECONDS to set up and use! If you are crying because you don't have enough space for your games, then quit spending money on games and get a 1TB drive for $60-$100 and have enough space for games for the next 5 years!

I see a lot of excuses being thrown about, either there is a ton of ignorance about how easy and seamlessly these tools work, or there is just an abundance of laziness. If it's the first case then rejoice! There is an easy way to have your cake and eat it through your steam library as well! If it's the second case, then whatever, you can watch me eat my cake I guess.. oh and p.s. our steam library > your steam library, sucker!

i dont keep all my games installed...im lazy...i'd rather use a download servive like origin or steam...im lazy....most people are lazy...make things easier and you sell more...its a pretty simple concept..

its not that i dont agree with you, im just too lazy to be bothered with creating folders adding things and the like....

pass the ice cream.

#10110 omgoblins

omgoblins

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:48 AM

+1 to Probably Drunk guy. Although I disagree with the "can't be arsed" argument because Steam makes it simple to add non-Steam stuff to your library. Eff those other clients, though.

I know right? I literally launch 99% of my games through Steam, Origin games... DRM Free Games... Music applications like itunes.. I could launch any .exe through steam and it takes seconds to set up, no browsing through multiple drives because steam does it for you and lays it out easy as pie right in from of your face!

People just WANT to be Steam Fanboys.. I have no idea why! I love the Steam client, even though it's DRM, but I would say 80+% of my game purchases are through Amazon now, whether it's a steam key or NOT, I will still most likely add it to my steam library or you know.. make a shortcut to my desktop games folder, lmao!

+1 to you and common sense, good sir.