Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10290 replies to this topic

#1021 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:06 AM

DA:Ultimate dling at a whopping 233kbs. After 8 hours its at 15% with 28 hours remaining....

Amazon is usually pretty fast [for me], but I'm guessing because of the big sale the servers are getting hit hard.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#1022 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:19 AM

[quote name='bizarrorollins']Only picked up The Darkness so far. My wallet has been taking a hit since coming to this thread more often... more so than when just Steam was offering sales. Thanks Tony :)[/QUOTE]

Glad you're getting some awesome gaming content for your new rig! There's a ton up for grabs at great prices right now.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Just built a PC and was wondering if The Witcher 2 ever goes on sale? Or should I just grab a boxed copy for $30?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Hop25']It was on sale for $14.99 a couple months back IIRC. I personally paid $18 for it and don't regret it at all.

YMMV but I've heard Target has the game in-stores for $20.00[/QUOTE]

We don't currently have a relationship with the new digital distributor for that game (recently changed). We're working on it though, I don't have a timeline though.

[quote name='mkaliaz']I'm interested in a couple expansions / DLCs for games I own on Steam. In particular, i'm looking at Majesty 2 or maybe the Pirates of the black cove game. Any idea if these expansions are compatible or will i need to repurchase the base game?

Update: That would be a no for Majesty 2. Bought the expansion and the base game would no longer launch.[/QUOTE]

:( sorry man, are you saying your game won't launch at all now or just the DLC?

[quote name='Daf']Exactly the same as you on this, I think I spent more in the steam sales but I still haven't finished with these Amazon sales yet.

So far bought LA Noire and Crysis, was thinking about darkness but not sure if I would like it.

What you think?

Posted Image[/QUOTE]

[quote name='deletion']man every week i look forward to see what amazon comes up with next. i love you amazon!!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='kosmos13x']Got me the following already:

Darkness 2 - 12.49
Serious Sam 3 - 12.00
Serious Sam 2 - 3.00
Serious Sam Double D - 2.40
Serious Sam Random Encounter - 1.50

31.xx - One hell of a great value purchase right there folks!

Thanks again Tony![/QUOTE]

[quote name='metalkidz']Sales from Amz make me almost forget about Steam's big sale; who cares Steam when Amz is so awesome [/QUOTE]

Glad you guys are digging the content :). We're really trying hard to bring you some AWESOME DEALS!

[quote name='mentos888']i'm having trouble downloading LA Noire, it keeps saying network connection lost even though i can access the internet, so then the downloader closes on me after about 2 hours. sure, my internet sucks (it drops every 1/2 hour or so), but i have no problems downloading steam and gog.com games. i'm in win 7 home premium. any suggestions or ideas? thank you.[/QUOTE]

Did you get this resolved?

[quote name='Nychicano']The price for M&B Warband isn't showing for me.
Does it activate oon steam?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pinkgun']Hi Tony:

Mount & Blade: Warband - $3.99

The store page for this game needs a correction. It says "Requires Steam account for game activation and installation", but actually you cant activate it through steam, my friend just tested it and turns out the key is invalid for steam. Besides, if you google "Mount Blade: Warband amazon steam", you will find same results, unless your Warband is a box retail version[/QUOTE]

We're having an issue with some messaging on the page that we're trying to pull down. As soon as it is off the page we'll put it back up for sale. Hopefully early tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

[quote name='midloo']Anyone else think "Avadon: The Black Fortress" being listed under Casual is amusing? :)[/QUOTE]

This is one of those we had trouble classifying. I agree, not really casual, but more Indie in my opinion.

[quote name='MrTunaSandwich']Props on the sales Tony, I'm probably going to buy Combined Ops/Arma2 when I get my paycheck and make sure expenses are covered.

There's just one issue I have, as a gamer and enthusiast of PC hardware could Amazon please change it so I have an option as to where I'd like the installer to download to? It's my main beef with the Amazon downloader with the DD system in place. I've got an SSD/128GB and I'm running out of space and don't want tons of writes on it. So, could you please try to get them hamster rolling on their wheel to let me allow the installer on a storage drive such as... E:? PLEEEEAAAASE?

Edit: You're doing a top notch job Tony, I've pretty much resorted to Amazon for all retail purchases and subscribed to Prime because of your input and response to the community.[/QUOTE]

:) Thanks for the props man. As for the install location, this is something that we have on the roadmap but I don't have a timeline on yet.

[quote name='Hop25']Thanks a ton for the excellent deals Tony!

Anyone have any recommendations on the casual games? I didn't really see anything that stood out besides World of Goo.[/QUOTE]

What kind of games are you into? Avadon is pretty indie rather than casual. Also the Nancy Drew games do really well for us. I could provide better insight if I had some ideas around your taste.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#1023 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:24 AM

DA:Ultimate dling at a whopping 233kbs. After 8 hours its at 15% with 28 hours remaining....

Are you downloading from Amazon or Origin? Origin downloads pretty fast for me, Amazon not so much.

Amazon is usually pretty fast [for me], but I'm guessing because of the big sale the servers are getting hit hard.

You guys have issues with our download speeds? That's really surprising to hear we operate our technology on the same system that is used to process the data NASA gets from Mars.

http://aws.amazon.co...udies/nasa-jpl/

Really surprised to hear about slow download speeds.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1024 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:43 AM

You guys have issues with our download speeds? That's really surprising to hear we operate our technology on the same system that is used to process the data NASA gets from Mars.

Cheers,
Tony

On the other hand, I downloaded L.A. Noire (somewhere around 12GB) pretty quickly today. Maybe two hours?

#1025 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:06 AM

Pretty sweet deal on the DA bundle. I loved the story in the original DA, and enjoyed the character build in Awakenings. I haven't gotten around to playing DA2. The reviews are very disappointing, but I'm willing to give it a go at $5.

Thank you for your work, Tony.

#1026 headpiece747

headpiece747

I'm always angry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:10 AM

Congrats T-Money on winning the CAG Community Award. I knew you would win because this is what I said in the last thread:

Hey guys if you haven't already then go vote for T-Money for CAG Community Award 2011 you know he deserves it. Especially putting up with some of us and still coming back.

Thanks for your great deals and better yet your overall interaction with us here.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1027 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:15 AM

Congrats T-Money on winning the CAG Community Award. I knew you would win because this is what I said in the last thread:

Thanks for your great deals and better yet your overall interaction with us here.

:) Thanks man! You guys are the ones who deserve an award though. Going back through the first couple pages of posts is really fun. We've turned this thread into an awesome place to talk about games and deals!

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1028 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:20 AM

Cheers,
Tony

That might be the the most weirdly dropped plug for AWS ever.

Fantastic sale, though. Probably going to pick up some of the THQ stuff and some Magicka DLC.

It's nice to see someone is willing and able to compete with Steam in a realistic way with real deals and good customer service. Amazon is definitely entering my goto circle of digital distributors alongside Steam and GOG.

#1029 Logain8955

Logain8955

Groovy Cactuar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:23 AM

Thanks for the clear up Tony. I did say screw it and bought the $4 dollar Sword of the Stars, glad to know I got the right one :)

Got a friend to pick it up too, but now we're having problems.

Both me and him downloaded the game and we both got corrupt files. Different computers, same internet connection. He d/led it first, then when his borked up, I d/led it, same bork time, same bork channel.

Thanks for any help.
http://fp.profiles.u...id/jedi8955.png" width="230" height="155" border="0"

Download DevourerTDA, a new competitive Tower Defense map for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne today!

CAG Thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=263655
Download it here! http://wc3.nibbits.c...ourertda-ver-10

#1030 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:56 AM

That might be the the most weirdly dropped plug for AWS ever.

Fantastic sale, though. Probably going to pick up some of the THQ stuff and some Magicka DLC.

It's nice to see someone is willing and able to compete with Steam in a realistic way with real deals and good customer service. Amazon is definitely entering my goto circle of digital distributors alongside Steam and GOG.

Lol wasn't a plug, my first day at the company they told me we were launching the cloudfront delivery service and said "alright new marketing guy, write the communication for this"....I learned alot about how we deliver data that week.

I still feel like the dumbest human being on the earth whenever our engineers start trying to explain how it works though.

Thanks for the clear up Tony. I did say screw it and bought the $4 dollar Sword of the Stars, glad to know I got the right one :)

Got a friend to pick it up too, but now we're having problems.

Both me and him downloaded the game and we both got corrupt files. Different computers, same internet connection. He d/led it first, then when his borked up, I d/led it, same bork time, same bork channel.

Thanks for any help.

So you're getting the corrupt file after DL? Have you tried re-DLing? What ISP are you using? Have you contacted our CS group yet?

I'll ask our QA team about the game tomorrow too to double check.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1031 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:10 AM

Lol wasn't a plug, my first day at the company they told me we were launching the cloudfront delivery service and said "alright new marketing guy, write the communication for this"....I learned alot about how we deliver data that week.

I still feel like the dumbest human being on the earth whenever our engineers start trying to explain how it works though.

Sorry, didn't mean plug in a bad way or anything - probably not quite the right word to have used. I just thought that was a really crazy fact to drop to illustrate that the download speeds for games should probably be pretty solid from Amazon.

#1032 mewantgames

mewantgames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

Ended up buying Darkness 2, Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance, and Avadon so far. Just a FYI, if you buy Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance and activate it on steam, you will also get the base game too. I would also like to add my voice to the get a sale on Alan Wake: 60% off and me love you long time Tony. =)

#1033 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

Ended up buying Darkness 2, Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance, and Avadon so far. Just a FYI, if you buy Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance and activate it on steam, you will also get the base game too. I would also like to add my voice to the get a sale on Alan Wake: 60% off and me love you long time Tony. =)

So... there's no reason to buy the base game, then? Just go for Forged Alliance?

#1034 Tancred

Tancred

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

Well let me re-ask then.

What happened to the Silverfall expansion? Vai it disappear :C

#1035 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

Well let me re-ask then.

What happened to the Silverfall expansion? Vai it disappear :C

sorry thought i answered this. We had some QA issues with it so we decided to pull it from the sale. If we can get it re-qa'ed and ready to roll by the 15th we'll add it and i'll let you know :)

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1036 mewantgames

mewantgames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

So... there's no reason to buy the base game, then? Just go for Forged Alliance?

Yeah just put the code in for Forged Alliance in Steam and it will give you the base game, so really only paying $2.50 for each.

#1037 Logain8955

Logain8955

Groovy Cactuar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

So you're getting the corrupt file after DL? Have you tried re-DLing? What ISP are you using? Have you contacted our CS group yet?

I'll ask our QA team about the game tomorrow too to double check.

Cheers,
Tony

It got to the extracting stage and then said the file was corrupt. We didn't try re-downloading it on the same machine. His ISP is Time Warner, I think.

Trying to download it again now at home, on Verizon. I'll let you know tomorrow evening if it worked or not.

Thanks for the help!
http://fp.profiles.u...id/jedi8955.png" width="230" height="155" border="0"

Download DevourerTDA, a new competitive Tower Defense map for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne today!

CAG Thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=263655
Download it here! http://wc3.nibbits.c...ourertda-ver-10

#1038 AnatomyHorror

AnatomyHorror

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

Some more games were added, I didn't see them listed in the first post.

ATV Pure [Download]
Price:$9.00

Cars 2 [Download]
Price:$13.50

Disney Universe [Download]
Price:$13.50

Disney Princess: Enchanted Journey [Mac Download]

G-Force [Download]

Lego Pirates [Download]
-$13.50

Pirates of the Caribbean At Worlds End [Download]
-$9.00

Princess and The Frog [Download]
-$9.00

Split Second [Download]
-$9.00

Toy Story 3 [Download]
-$9.00

Tron Evolution [Download]
-$9.00

Disney Enchanted Princess [Download]
-$9.00

#1039 moon1970

moon1970

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:37 AM

L.A Noire for 4.99 a lot of fun !!
Posted Image

#1040 Hop25

Hop25

The Repo Nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

What kind of games are you into? Avadon is pretty indie rather than casual. Also the Nancy Drew games do really well for us. I could provide better insight if I had some ideas around your taste.

Cheers,
Tony

Oh, I was just trying to get a feel on some of the more popular games on the casual list. I've bought quite a few games that I normally wouldn't buy based on user response and ended up having a blast with them.

As far as taste in gaming goes, I'm a fan of just about everything except hidden object type games.

Thanks for the reply and awesome deals Tony!

#1041 avwjase

avwjase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

So here's the deal on this guys. There is a piece of information on the page indicating the M&B Warband activates on Steam. This is not the case and for some reason the information won't fall off the page. As soon as the change flows through I'll open the page back up for sale.

Sorry for the delay!

Well, that is better than being sold out. I thought you guys had already burned through your entire cache of keys and was totally bummed. :)

Also, for those considering LA Noire -- get it. The game is great even if I wasn't much on the ending. The DLC/Complete isn't really that good either. The cases really don't add much to the story or game.

#1042 deletion

deletion

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

i'm having a really good time with darkness II. i really feel I ripped you off amazon. :) thanks so much. debating to just buy crysis 2 and la noire for my pc even though i've played through them already on the console.
-----
Hey CAGs, Swagbucks is your friend!
I get at least 5 Bucks in Amazon giftcards a week.
Doesn't seem like a lot, but it adds up!

Posted Image

#1043 Shrowd

Shrowd

Gaming Dad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

This is my bad, I'm changing to $8.99 now. My evening is being spent rolling through the past 4 pages of this thread and responding btw guys. Sorry for the continued delay I just like to take my time with the responses to this group in particular.

Cheers,
Tony

Just picked it up this morning. Awesome service bro, you run a first class department for Amazon.com. Much appreciated.

#1044 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

Quick question: Do any of the Dragon Age games require Origin, or do they just include optional Origin activation?

#1045 metalkidz

metalkidz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

Quick question: Do any of the Dragon Age games require Origin, or do they just include optional Origin activation?

Origin is optional, however you have to activate DLCs on Bioware account

#1046 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

Origin is optional, however you have to activate DLCs on Bioware account

Gotcha. Thanks!

#1047 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

Well for anyone wanting an opinion on the casual games, here's some that have me interested:

Runaway Series - these aren't listed in the casual section, but are classic point and click type adventure games. You control the character by clicking on the screen where you want him to move, you explore environments for clues and items and then use the items to solve puzzles/challenges.

Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack The Ripper - another adventure game, but the Holmes series has gotten a bit more advanced when it comes to adventure games, you get to do alot more stuff and this game is pretty good.

Woody Two Legs and Zombie Pirates - haven't played this but this looks like it could be a decent tower defense type game.

Zombie Shooter/Alien Shooter series - honestly don't know if I can recommend these on Amazon since they have been in bundles and cheaper on Steam, but I was gifted the Zombie series by a generous CAG and it is tons of fun for a pick and play session top down shooter.

Hotel - Third person adventure game with some decent reviews, looks like it might be good if you like these types of games.

Alter Ego - Same as above, with a darker theme it looks, Bought this one myself but haven't played it yet.

Jekyll and Hyde - Same as above, looks like it might be cool with a cool theme.

These are really the ones I saw that weren't either Hidden Object, Puzzle or Time Management.

I enjoy Hidden Object games, but I know most people here probably aren't as big a fans of them. I saw some random platformer type games on the list as well.

I bought Big Rig Europe and am considering Bus Driver as both of those to me are casual brainless games, but I have to admit the controls on the big rig game are very very loose and not as realistic as I was hoping for.

#1048 mkaliaz

mkaliaz

Scurvy Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaliaz Posted Image
I'm interested in a couple expansions / DLCs for games I own on Steam. In particular, i'm looking at Majesty 2 or maybe the Pirates of the black cove game. Any idea if these expansions are compatible or will i need to repurchase the base game?

Update: That would be a no for Majesty 2. Bought the expansion and the base game would no longer launch.

:( sorry man, are you saying your game won't launch at all now or just the DLC?

@Tony. I didn't word that very well. I originally had the base games on Steam and tried to use the Amazon expansion for Majesty 2. It actually looked like it installed ok, but then the program would no longer launch. I ended up having to re-buy the amazon version of Majesty 2. A little annoyed at that, but its only $2.

#1049 SandOfThym

SandOfThym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

After I finished downloading Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare [Mac Download], when I tried to install it, I received this pop up message:

"The following disk image couldn't be opened"

CallOfDuty4.dmg

Reason
error -199

=======

Do I have to re-download it or is there some other fix to it? I really do not want to sit through an 8GB download again.

#1050 Daf

Daf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

After I finished downloading Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare [Mac Download], when I tried to install it, I received this pop up message:

"The following disk image couldn't be opened"

CallOfDuty4.dmg

Reason
error -199

=======

Do I have to re-download it or is there some other fix to it? I really do not want to sit through an 8GB download again.

I've had this happen for me on FM 2012, I re-downloaded the file and it worked then, it's just annoying because you have to completely re-download it.
I.Z.Z.O
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image