Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10290 replies to this topic

#1111 agentghost

agentghost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:35 AM

was finally able to get LA Noire to run, but at 800x600 on my radeon 4350, just like gta 4. after researching on the internets, i found out my comodo firewall needed to be uninstalled for the game to work. at first it didn't start at all and then it wouldn't even patch and freeze up so i uninstalled la noire and comodo and now it works...ugh, finally. by the way, i'm downloading my other games fine now without a "connection lost" error. phew

why don't you disable and enable the firewall? would it work or u need to uninstall the firewall completely? Seem kinda suck to remove your firewall/internet security suite in order to run 1 single game :roll:

Edited by agentghost, 07 April 2012 - 04:00 AM.

#1112 avwjase

avwjase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:21 AM

Will Warband ever be coming back online? I really want to buy it but it is still unavailable. :cry:

#1113 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:28 AM

So again, is STALKER worth the $5 now or should I wait for a Steam sale/cheaper price? I've never played a STALKER game, should I start with a different one?

Thanks folks.

On a side note, has anyone had trouble with L.A. Noire? My patch will fail and then I'm stuck at the title screen and have to alt+F4 out of it. It seems to be a widespread problem on google and Rockstar's "solution" doesn't help.

#1114 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:56 AM

So again, is STALKER worth the $5 now or should I wait for a Steam sale/cheaper price? I've never played a STALKER game, should I start with a different one?

Thanks folks.

On a side note, has anyone had trouble with L.A. Noire? My patch will fail and then I'm stuck at the title screen and have to alt+F4 out of it. It seems to be a widespread problem on google and Rockstar's "solution" doesn't help.

I've paid five bucks for it and do not regret it. If you are going to play it right away I say go for it and the first one is considered the best one.

Now if it is just going to the backlog, then I think steam had the Stalker 2 pack for 5 bucks at one point, but you will like need to wait til the next major sale or the christmas sale.

#1115 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:03 AM

Thanks folks.

I've paid five bucks for it and do not regret it. If you are going to play it right away I say go for it and the first one is considered the best one.

Now if it is just going to the backlog, then I think steam had the Stalker 2 pack for 5 bucks at one point, but you will like need to wait til the next major sale or the christmas sale.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl is a good game, but it is dated. I paid $4 for it and thought it was worth it [if you do buy it, get the STALKER Complete mod to modernize the textures; google it].

As for STEAM, they had the STALKER bundle [Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat] for $8, during the Halloween sale. [which is what I bought]

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#1116 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:12 AM

Thanks, gents.

#1117 Chariblaze

Chariblaze

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:24 AM

Are the 301 casual game always $3, or is it definitely a sale?

#1118 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

I think the normal price for most of the casual games is near $10; so your looking at 70% off.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#1119 TheArmoredVirus

TheArmoredVirus

Totally Kuhwhyee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

if youre reading this tony, thank you so much for everything you did to make these deals work. ive managed to get 5 friends to buy the M&B bundle, and the CRPG mod has never been more fun because of that.

white_trash_headache.png

3e5bhcz.png

#1120 inm8num2

inm8num2

GOG Pogs are coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

Oooh if Gray Matter goes below $5 I'll just have to bite!

#1121 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:50 AM

Will Warband ever be coming back online? I really want to buy it but it is still unavailable. :cry:

I'm still showing the "Steam required for activation" messaging on the product page. I've re-escalated the ticket to see why this won't come off the page. I originally thought the ETA was this morning at the latest so I'm hesitant to toss out another time.

Sorry again on this, I'll let you know as soon as we have resolution.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#1122 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

@Tony

I think you missed a post of mine...

@Tony

GameStop has Venetica PC retail box for $5.
I'm not asking for price-match b/c I know you don't match retail box deals...

But, do you guys carry this Venetica PC game at Amazon DVG downloads?
I can't seem to find you guys at ADVG having this...

Also, do you guys have a deal w/ Atari's published games for PC downloads at ADVG?
[That's who published Venetica PC at Retail here]

#1123 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

@Tony

I think you missed a post of mine...

Also, do you guys have a deal w/ Atari's published games for PC downloads at ADVG?
[That's who published Venetica PC at Retail here]

Hey there!

I know we're not currently carrying that title. We do distribute Atari's games, but sometimes they are the distributor/publisher for the packaged good version of PC games but not the Digital Download. I think this is the case here. I'll check into it though, stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1124 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

Hey there!

I know we're not currently carrying that title. We do distribute Atari's games, but sometimes they are the distributor/publisher for the packaged good version of PC games but not the Digital Download. I think this is the case here. I'll check into it though, stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony

@TONY
Venetica PC is a hard-to-find title in the USA.
Not many digital game downloads sites are selling it [for some reason]. I don't see it on Steam, Gamersgate, Gamefly, GameStop PC App, or even you guys at ADVG.
Something could be up w/ that title...hmmm...
Would be nice if you could convince Atari to get a DRM-FREE PC digital download version of that game [and more Atari games] over to you guys on Amazon DVG Downloads. ;)

#1125 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:40 PM

I think the normal price for most of the casual games is near $10; so your looking at 70% off.

This is accurate UW_Shocks, these games are anywhere from 70-85% off.

if youre reading this tony, thank you so much for everything you did to make these deals work. ive managed to get 5 friends to buy the M&B bundle, and the CRPG mod has never been more fun because of that.

Hey you're welcome man, what is the CRPG mod?

Oooh if Gray Matter goes below $5 I'll just have to bite!

Working on it :).

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1126 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

@Tony
Don't worry TOO much about Venetica PC.
One of my nearby GameStop's have it.
I'm getting it.

#1127 The Nephilim

The Nephilim

The Troll King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

@Tony
Don't worry TOO much about Venetica PC.
One of my nearby GameStop's have it.
I'm getting it.

I tried it awhile back. It seems like a decent euro-action adventure game. pretty polished for a budget title. Would be nice if someone carried it digitally.

#1128 lidl

lidl

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

Any word on the DRM on 'The Saboteur' ? I don't like online activations and haven't got Origin installed.
:hd: :360: :psp: :gba: :wii: :dvd: :ps2: :xbox: :gc: :ds: :pc: :ps3:

#1129 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

Any word on the DRM on 'The Saboteur' ? I don't like online activations and haven't got Origin installed.

Online Activations are a moot point, given our key replacement policy (see OP) :).

As for Origin, it is optional but not required for The Saboteur.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1130 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

I nabbed The Darkness II, the Dragon Age Pack, Serious Sam 3, and both of the Hacker games. Thanks!
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#1131 lidl

lidl

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

Online Activations are a moot point, given our key replacement policy (see OP) :).

As for Origin, it is optional but not required for The Saboteur.

Cheers,
Tony

Hi T-Money, thanks for your answer. Unfortunately it doesn't really answer my question. Can I just d/l the game from amazon, stick the file on a USB-Stick and install it on an offline PC ?
:hd: :360: :psp: :gba: :wii: :dvd: :ps2: :xbox: :gc: :ds: :pc: :ps3:

#1132 ev768

ev768

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

Tony, are you guys planning on putting Just Cause 2 on sale for $2.49 again anytime soon?

#1133 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

Man, I'm going back and forth on L.A. Noire. I won't play it for a while (until a hardware upgrade) but I doubt it will go below $5. If the game doesn't play at all, which doesn't sound like Amazon's fault, it'd be a waste.

#1134 tjs09

tjs09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

Tony, I'm having problems major with the Amazon Downloader. Can you help me out or would Amazon's customer service be able to help?

#1135 Cojack426

Cojack426

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

Man I will be all over Gray Matter if amazon can knock the price below $5. Looks like an amazing game to play hopefully Tony can work some of his magic. ;)

#1136 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

Hi T-Money, thanks for your answer. Unfortunately it doesn't really answer my question. Can I just d/l the game from amazon, stick the file on a USB-Stick and install it on an offline PC ?

Ah my bad, didn't understand the question. I've sent an email off to the OPS team to what the DRM solution is. will let you know when I hear back.

Tony, are you guys planning on putting Just Cause 2 on sale for $2.49 again anytime soon?

I've sent an email about this as well, stay tuned.

Man, I'm going back and forth on L.A. Noire. I won't play it for a while (until a hardware upgrade) but I doubt it will go below $5. If the game doesn't play at all, which doesn't sound like Amazon's fault, it'd be a waste.

I can tell you that we've sold through thousands of copies in the past couple of days and we aren't seeing returns or high contacts. It sounds like the issues are localized, that being said, I'm collecting information and passing it along to QA/engineering to make sure nothing is up.

I also just bought the game myself and am downloading it on my personal PC to confirm.

Stay tuned.

Tony, I'm having problems major with the Amazon Downloader. Can you help me out or would Amazon's customer service be able to help?

Can you give me more detail? Either in PM or here in thread? What issues are you having, and for what games?

**EDIT** and yes, I'd also reach out to CS as they have people trained to deal with tech issues, whereas I'm just a geek who has done some personal troublshooting in the past but am not trained on it.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1137 tjs09

tjs09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

Can you give me more detail? Either in PM or here in thread? What issues are you having, and for what games?

**EDIT** and yes, I'd also reach out to CS as they have people trained to deal with tech issues, whereas I'm just a geek who has done some personal troublshooting in the past but am not trained on it.

Cheers,
Tony

After two days of downloading, I can't install MLB2k12 because of a corrupt .cab file

After calling Amazon CS they gave me three options

• Trash it and start over :hot:
  • Get a refund :cry:
  • Contact Take-Two :drool:

#1138 Smite

Smite

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

Tony thanks for everything. I picked up several so far. I may have missed this but was Alan Wake available for 10 and I missed it while browsing? Will it be coming back down to that price any time soon?

#1139 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

Tony thanks for everything. I picked up several so far. I may have missed this but was Alan Wake available for 10 and I missed it while browsing? Will it be coming back down to that price any time soon?

Alan Wake was pricematched at $20.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#1140 yo125

yo125

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

tony is there any chance to see a discount for Might & Magic ® Heroes ® VI ? i wanted to buy it for my birthday.