Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10290 replies to this topic

#1231 jedik

jedik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

I bought it a couple of days ago and had nothing but trouble trying to install it. Went through every troubleshooter they had available, re-downloaded it twice, installed and un-stalled too many times to count. Tonight I got too fed up and managed to talk to an Amazon rep to get my money back.

It's a shame because I heard good things about the game but it's nothing worth the headache I've been through the past couple of days just trying to install the thing.

That's a shame. On the other hand, I bought it day 1 and installed it after downloading in a few minutes no problem. Game runs perfect. Same thing for a friend that bought it as well.

#1232 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

Tiger 12 is not like the console versions. Tread carefully and read the Amazon user reviews. PC Gamer also explains it nicely.

http://www.pcgamer.c...masters-review/

#1233 daminion

daminion

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

Anyone know if the $1 Majesty Gold listed is the same as the HD version on Steam?

The steam version claims Windows 7 compatibility, and the version on Amazon has several older comments that mention that it does not work properly on Win7.

#1234 Daf

Daf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

I found fifa manager terrible compared to Football manager. Football manager is a much better game all round and pretty much the same price if not cheaper than this. Fifa 12 for $20 is a steal though!
I.Z.Z.O
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1235 thegreatest

thegreatest

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

The whole Tiger Woods 12 thing is kind of confusing me. Do you get the entire offline game like you would play on consoles or is it a very small offline portion with limited courses and game types forcing you to pay more for online play?

#1236 mewantgames

mewantgames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

Anyone know if the $1 Majesty Gold listed is the same as the HD version on Steam?

The steam version claims Windows 7 compatibility, and the version on Amazon has several older comments that mention that it does not work properly on Win7.

No, the $1 version on Amazon is not the same as the HD version on steam (as far as i know). I haven't had any problems playing the Amazon version on my Windows 7 PC, just be sure to disable crossfire/sli if you run multiple GPUs on your machine.

#1237 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

My goodness, the 1-Star reviews on L.A. Noire (PC) have really exploded. One reviewer was overt enough to suggest getting "the crack file to make it work." I'm not quite sure what to make of the game at all, at this point.

It's so sad that Rockstar's business plans actively exclude PC users.

#1238 thegreatest

thegreatest

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

My goodness, the 1-Star reviews on L.A. Noire (PC) have really exploded. One reviewer was overt enough to suggest getting "the crack file to make it work." I'm not quite sure what to make of the game at all, at this point.

I have the Complete Edition on Steam and it works perfectly. I've found that you can't go by Amazon reviews since most of the people reviewing on there are quite ignorant when it comes to PC games. They give games one star because it requires them to install Steam or Origin claiming they are spyware, in some reviews. Others whine that their computers won't run the game and they had no way of knowing before purchase. As a whole the reviews are pretty worthless IMO

#1239 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

I have the Complete Edition on Steam and it works perfectly. I've found that you can't go by Amazon reviews since most of the people reviewing on there are quite ignorant when it comes to PC games. They give games one star because it requires them to install Steam or Origin claiming they are spyware, in some reviews. Others whine that their computers won't run the game and they had no way of knowing before purchase. As a whole the reviews are pretty worthless IMO

While I would usually agree with this statement, the wraith of 1-star reviews have been posted FOLLOWING the start of the $5 sale [they are very very recent]. As LA Noire does NOT require Origin/STEAM, and none of the reviews I read mentioned them, I am thus far viewing the reviews as legitimate concerns.

I know Tony responded to the technical difficulties, but I'm hoping there's an easier/more permanent resolution.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#1240 jsunjones

jsunjones

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

Tony,

Is it possible to PM Nuclear Dawn on Gamefly?

http://www.gamefly.c...r-Dawn/5000162/

Thanks!

#1241 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

While I would usually agree with this statement, the wraith of 1-star reviews have been posted FOLLOWING the start of the $5 sale [they are very very recent]. As LA Noire does NOT require Origin/STEAM, and none of the reviews I read mentioned them, I am thus far viewing the reviews as legitimate concerns.

I know Tony responded to the technical difficulties, but I'm hoping there's an easier/more permanent resolution.

I don't know, computer games in my experience have always been notorious for having a myriad of issues running depending on the computer, programs installed, etc. Sure, with steam and a lot of the modern game companies the issues have been limited, they can still occur. LA Noire sounds like it has some issues that are happening for a certain group of people, yes there are around 20 reviews detailing some issues, but I assume that is out of thousands of people who have probably bought the game from amazon in the last week so it doesn't seem that big of a deal.

Seems like the patch fix posted here would probably clear up well over half those problems. And yes, I know, a company shouldn't release a product that causes any issues like this, but I do think they are probably being blown out of proportion.

#1242 mantaray95

mantaray95

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

If I buy the Mount and Blade Bundle, do I still get Warband even though it's not for sale via download?

#1243 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

Tony,

Is it possible to PM Nuclear Dawn on Gamefly?

http://www.gamefly.c...r-Dawn/5000162/

Thanks!

You don't want it. Very very very small player base/borderline dead.

#1244 Tancred

Tancred

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:48 PM

You don't want it. Very very very small player base/borderline dead.

There are always 2 full servers and a few other ones populated.

The community is tiny but dedicated and the developers are active and constantly releasing new and free content.

The low player count is due to it having a steep learning curve and people un-optimized with bad performance on high end machines.

#1245 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

I just replicated the flow today. Here's what I found:

1. You absolutely have to update your graphics card driver or the game goes kaput.

2. The game defaults to using Directx9 even if you have Directx11 installed. I had to go in and change it to run on Directx11. Once I did this it worked fine.

Just an FYI. If you buy it and have trouble with it just let me know.

Cheers,
Tony

Rule of thumb w/ any new games - keep graphics card drivers up-to-date.

If you're on Win 7 - Turn UAC off! Many games that want to force updates, so you want UAC off!
You also want to be an Admin, so Windows forces updates.
I'd recommend doing this if you're computer savvy and use programs like Steam, G4WL, Rockstar Social Club, etc - or any games that require those.

Also, I have LA Noire installed in Program Files X86 folder. Since it gives you option of DX9 and 11, you might want to install it there - to get around any 32-bit issues [for DX 9.0] that you might have come up.
If a game wants to install in Program Files X86 on Win 7, you do it. Most PC games still are 32-bit based, not 64-based - so this is the best place to install those.

You should run LA Noire PC 99% of the time on DX11, if you're on Win Vista/7.
There's a level in the sewers [at the end], where I had to drop it down to DX 9.0 b/c there's MAJOR framerate issues there.

My PC specs ran LA Noire very well maxed, other than the sewer level - i7 950; 1 GB of GeForce 560 Ti; 8 GB RAM; Win 7.

#1246 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

Many of Rockstar's games when released on the PC often need beast-like PC's to run upon their initial release.
And often, their performances issues get fixed-up LATER in patches.
See their history w/ GTA3 PC; GTA4 PC; GTA: SA PC; and LA Noire PC.
Also, Bully PC was a buggy mess upon release - but got fixed at a much later said date.

#1247 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

I'm looking for co-op buddies! PM me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:11 PM

Should I buy Saints Row Third at $24.99? Is the season pass on sale anywhere? I can't decide. :(

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png
I'm looking for co-op buddies on XBOX Live and Steam! PM me!

#1248 jsunjones

jsunjones

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:10 AM

Should I buy Saints Row Third at $24.99? Is the season pass on sale anywhere? I can't decide. :(

Personally I really enjoyed this game. I would highly recommend it. I've been waiting for a deal on season pass (Steam) myself - I don't think Amazon carries it.

Unfortunately the current DLC deals are only 25% off, so I will not be buying and remain patient. As Tony pointed out it was discounted more previously - but it was before some of the DLC content I'm looking to get was out.

Edited by jsunjones, 10 April 2012 - 12:11 AM.
grammar

#1249 yo125

yo125

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:27 AM

Tony any chance you match you match Might & Magic Heroes VI Digital Deluxe Edition price that is gonna be at Impulse this friday?

Link to the offer

http://impulsedriven...&cid=soc_iFB292

#1250 Hop25

Hop25

The Repo Nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

Tony any chance you match you match Might & Magic Heroes VI Digital Deluxe Edition price that is gonna be at Impulse this friday?

Link to the offer

http://impulsedriven...&cid=soc_iFB292

I don't believe they will match a flash sale. I really want HOMM6 but, I doubt I'll get it in time.

#1251 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:56 AM

I don't believe they will match a flash sale. I really want HOMM6 but, I doubt I'll get it in time.

Tony said they werent going to match the last one, so i would imagine they wouldnt this one. As far as the flashdeal itself went, it seemed to be available all weekend to people...so you may be able to get it

#1252 Hop25

Hop25

The Repo Nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:02 AM

Tony said they werent going to match the last one, so i would imagine they wouldnt this one. As far as the flashdeal itself went, it seemed to be available all weekend to people...so you may be able to get it

Really? That's awesome. I'm not holding my breath but, thanks for the info Drabe!

#1253 yo125

yo125

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:45 AM

ok, thanks for the answers guys, at least i hope to see the game in offer soon.

#1254 Rylin210

Rylin210

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:05 AM

Wow, what a bust, was in for the dragon age pack

Won't let me purchase, the "place your order" button is greyed out =(

#1255 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:52 AM

It's been on sale for several times at $20-25. If you can wait a little longer you could probably get it for less. I think GamersGate had the DLC for 50% off recently, that was the most I've seen it discounted. I believe the THQ UK site had a deal where you could get SR3, the genki preorder DLC, and the season pass for around $18 or so, that's the cheapest I've seen it.

#1256 techtonic

techtonic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:06 AM

The Dragon Age pack is easily the best deal of the lot but it's currently out. They must have sold out of all of their license keys.

#1257 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:12 AM

Is this what you're looking for? I found it in the Majesty pack.

thanks - monster kingdom seems to be the only expansion that is not on sale. i already have some of the bundle items so was looking at picking this one up by itself.

#1258 Rylin210

Rylin210

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:21 AM

The Dragon Age pack is easily the best deal of the lot but it's currently out. They must have sold out of all of their license keys.

i know it sucks, ill still buy something else, just to support the sale even if i already have it or not interested, this is a great sale and i hope they do mroe in the future

#1259 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:18 AM

i know it sucks, ill still buy something else, just to support the sale even if i already have it or not interested, this is a great sale and i hope they do mroe in the future

This will be back up ASAP. Sorry for the delay here guys I was traveling all day.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#1260 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:26 AM

Wow, what a bust, was in for the dragon age pack

Won't let me purchase, the "place your order" button is greyed out =(

FYI this is being fixed as we speak. Sorry for the delayed response here I was traveling all day and just got back to my machine.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts