• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10290 replies to this topic

#1831 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

Hey Tony,

Any idea on when we can expect to see prepurchase offers for Torchlight 2. I know everyone is counting down to Diablo, but I've been excited about this game for a while. I ask because Steam just put up their prepurchase page for the game and I see that they are including the original Torchlight w/ a prepurchase. Should we expect something similar? Any idea on whether or not they will be Steam-redeemable keys?

(Now for my 2 cents: Between this and games like Max Payne 3, I never understood why preordering a sequel game would net me the prior game in the series. Most likely, if I am hyped enough for a sequel to preorder, I was probably already either own or have played the earlier games in the series. I'd rather get a credit or some other benefit rather than another copy of a game that I have already played.)

Thanks!

I'm also interested in Torchlight II especially if there is a discount for pre-ordering or some bonus other than Torchlight I, but only if it's a Steam redeemable key. Otherwise I'll pass and wait for a Steam sale.

#1832 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

Hey Tony,

Is there any news on Madden 08? I've been really looking forward to buying this. I've checked Amazon about 5-10 times every day since the EA sports sale to see if it was available. Today, I received an email from Amazon titled: Madden 08, and almost pissed myself in excitement, but it was just suggesting I buy Madden 08 on consoles I don't have.

With the NFL draft starting tomorrow, it'd be pretty great if you guys finally got it working!

My OPS team assures me we're creating a new product page this week. Stay tuned...sorry :(.

Hey Tony,

Any idea on when we can expect to see prepurchase offers for Torchlight 2. I know everyone is counting down to Diablo, but I've been excited about this game for a while. I ask because Steam just put up their prepurchase page for the game and I see that they are including the original Torchlight w/ a prepurchase. Should we expect something similar? Any idea on whether or not they will be Steam-redeemable keys?

(Now for my 2 cents: Between this and games like Max Payne 3, I never understood why preordering a sequel game would net me the prior game in the series. Most likely, if I am hyped enough for a sequel to preorder, I was probably already either own or have played the earlier games in the series. I'd rather get a credit or some other benefit rather than another copy of a game that I have already played.)

Thanks!

I'm also interested in Torchlight II especially if there is a discount for pre-ordering or some bonus other than Torchlight I, but only if it's a Steam redeemable key. Otherwise I'll pass and wait for a Steam sale.

If we do get Torchlight II it would be Steam redeemable. I don't know how likely it is we'll be distributing Runic games in the next month though. We're working on it but I don't have even a rough timeline yet.

As for getting prequels when pre-ordering sequels, with MP3 that's why we're giving away so much other value towards R* games with the pre-order, rather than just a prequel offer.

Hey Tony,

Is there any chance of FFXI Ultimate Collection Abyssea Edition being on sale anytime soon? I remember you guys had it for 5 bucks for a while last year. Gamersgate just had it on sale for 5 bucks last weekend but I really didn't feel like signing up with them just to get it. I submitted to you guys for a price match but I guess it was a no go.

I wanna start up again during the summer months when there's not much else to play and I already own the game including all expansions and such but my discs are in my closet somewhere and I'd rather avoid looking for them if possible. Plus I wouldn't mind getting the "Destrier Beret" item since I might level some new jobs. Also I might get myself a Trinity based ultrathin laptop this summer and it won't have a disc drive so it be great to have the digital download available so I could install it.

Anyway with the 10th anniversary of the game coming up next month I was wondering if you knew of any possible upcoming deals for it. Thanks.

I'll work on getting this into the May event. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#1833 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

My sad story is I've started setting some weekly time aside for gaming and I can't tear myself away from League of Legends long enough to finish a single player game...what is wrong with me?

I don't know, but it's wrong with me too. I have an ungodly number of games, and all I play is Battlefield 3. It's like junk food: filling and addictive enough to keep me from a proper meal.

What's coming up in the weeks ahead? What terrors shall my wallet face from Amazon?
Posted Image

#1834 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

I don't know, but it's wrong with me too. I have an ungodly number of games, and all I play is Battlefield 3. It's like junk food: filling and addictive enough to keep me from a proper meal.

What's coming up in the weeks ahead? What terrors shall my wallet face from Amazon?

The next couple of weeks are going to be stupid awesome :).

Look forward to deals on Deus Ex ($6.99/$7.99 Standard/Augmented) Dungeon Siege III $5, some KILLER Double Fine deals, Serious Sam Franchise sales and our May event, which you guys are going to go nuts for.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1835 dopehat

dopehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

Thanks picked up the walking dead :) such an amazing game

#1836 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

Thanks picked up the walking dead :) such an amazing game

It's good other than the classic telltale horrible audio compression.

#1837 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

FYI $5 Crysis is now live:

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B0047O2L2U/

And the voting for THQ titles next weekend is now live:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/dealsvote

Darksiders, Metro 2033, and Red Faction Armageddon all activate on Steam.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1838 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

Voted for RF since its the only one I don't have. Tony is there a link to a page that contains all the winning deals? Was curious as to what kindle book won, but I don't remember which ones were nominated.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1839 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

Voted for RF since its the only one I don't have. Tony is there a link to a page that contains all the winning deals? Was curious as to what kindle book won, but I don't remember which ones were nominated.

Let me know if this works:

https://www.amazon.c...2=A-362720582-1

Unsure if this was an internal link. If it doesn't I'll get you one that does. These deals go live by 6:00PM PST, I just wanted to get ours up super fast.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1840 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

Let me know if this works:

https://www.amazon.c...2=A-362720582-1

Unsure if this was an internal link. If it doesn't I'll get you one that does. These deals go live by 6:00PM PST, I just wanted to get ours up super fast.

Cheers,
Tony

Hmmm, that link just took me to the voting page again, but if all the deals aren't live yet then that may be why?

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1841 EvilInside

EvilInside

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:39 PM

Crysis 1 actives on Origin?

#1842 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

Crysis 1 actives on Origin?

Nope; most older EA games [like Crysis] don't activate on Origin.
You can trying bugging EA support, and they could add the Origin version of Crysis, but it's basically a hit-n-miss with them depending on your EA support rep.
It still works fine by downloading/installing from Amazon; basically the digital form of the DVD version.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#1843 bubzers

bubzers

Derpy Derpy Doo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

Look forward to deals on Deus Ex ($6.99/$7.99 Standard/Augmented) Dungeon Siege III $5, some KILLER Double Fine deals, Serious Sam Franchise sales and our May event, which you guys are going to go nuts for.

Cheers,
Tony

i like the sound of that. it's been a while since i've added to my backlog and i'm going through game purchase withdrawl...my hands are shaking...i can't concentrate...i need a fix!!!

#1844 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

Hey Tony,
So whats the deal with Madden '08?
Was the problem which prevented it from coming up during the sports sale eventually resolved so it can go on sale sometime in future when a EA/Sports sales come up?.

N.

#1845 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

So basically now that I'm buying games again, Amazon is going to take all my money. FINE.
Posted Image

#1846 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

Walking Dead game is awesome, great deal!

#1847 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

Tony, any chance of Amazon's version of King's Bounty Platinum (or even KB GOTY) being SecuROM-free? I know another user confirmed that SecuROM was on his GamersGate version of Platinum; I'm hoping that Amazon might have enough bargaining power with 1C to help them see the error of their ways.

A purchase hangs in the balance. No rush, though. ;) Thanks in advance!

#1848 Rerujnoc

Rerujnoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

Cheers,
Tony

I noticed that you mentioned Double Fine. Are you going to start selling their games? If so I would be interested in a good deal on Stacking.

#1849 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

Cheers,
Tony

May event? There's no way you could top your January event ;).

#1850 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

If we do get Torchlight II it would be Steam redeemable. I don't know how likely it is we'll be distributing Runic games in the next month though. We're working on it but I don't have even a rough timeline yet.

That's a surprise Torchlight 2 would be Steam redeemable, given the original Torhclight 1 if bought outside of Steam was NOT. It had other DRM.

Though, if you bought Torchlight 1 at Retail on Disc, it was DRM-FREE.

As for getting prequels when pre-ordering sequels, with MP3 that's why we're giving away so much other value towards R* games with the pre-order, rather than just a prequel offer.

I'll work on getting this into the May event. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony

About Max Payne 3 PC - that 35 GB HDD open space requirement is pretty crazy.

#1851 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

Tony, any chance of Amazon's version of King's Bounty Platinum (or even KB GOTY) being SecuROM-free? I know another user confirmed that SecuROM was on his GamersGate version of Platinum; I'm hoping that Amazon might have enough bargaining power with 1C to help them see the error of their ways.

I see Legend as DRM free, Armored Princess as SecuROM and Crossworlds as Starforce when I look at the Gamersgate listings so I am curious about this too. I really want to play all three but I'm not too excited to install SecuROM on my system and I have read really bad things concerning Starforce.

Does anyone here install games using Starforce? MysterD I saw you mention it and assume your answer is no? Anyone else?

#1852 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

SecureROM is generally not a factor for me unless it involves install limits, which Amazon side-steps with their unlimited policy. Some people report problems.

Starforce, on the other hand, I avoid like the plague.

#1853 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

Does anyone here install games using Starforce? MysterD I saw you mention it and assume your answer is no? Anyone else?

I actually had the same question about Starforce (esp. since I tend to play games under Wine in Linux) so I searched the 1C forums. From the 1C rep on this thread:

http://forum.1cpubli...light=starforce

"The Proactive DRM from Starforce doesn't install anything on your PC. It is used only for online activation. It won't do any harm to your computer."

In order words, it seems to be just used for serial key validation - it's not the "install crappy drivers and screw up your system" Starforce DRM. Still not ideal (see the comments about activations and deactivations) but not much worse than SecuROM.

#1854 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

I see Legend as DRM free, Armored Princess as SecuROM and Crossworlds as Starforce when I look at the Gamersgate listings so I am curious about this too. I really want to play all three but I'm not too excited to install SecuROM on my system and I have read really bad things concerning Starforce.

I have used StarForce, back when it was used for disc-check DRM. StarForce would install drivers specific to an OS - so, if you had an OS it was not supported on, don't expect the game to boot.
SF used to measure the disc to see if it's legit and in the drive; speed up and slow-down your disc-drive (which could ruin your disc drive and/or cause your CD to shatter into pieces; open-up security issues on older OS's; and even some had their OS rendered useless [to the point they had to reinstall Windows].

If it uses StarForce disc-check DRM - if the DRM-disc check has not been removed, I ain't even gonna look at it.

I've personally never had many issues w/ StarForce...knock on wood. I just don't like the way it operates, more so than anything.

I've never have had a game use StarForce for Internet DRM...I hope it's better than their disc-check DRM...

#1855 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

I actually had the same question about Starforce (esp. since I tend to play games under Wine in Linux) so I searched the 1C forums. From the 1C rep on this thread:

http://forum.1cpubli...light=starforce

Thanks for that link! The posters over there asked pretty much all of the questions I might have and the rep supplied answers so I am good to go. For some reason I never think to go directly to the publisher's site forgetting that they probably all have their own forums.

#1856 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

StarForce disc checking was definitely the worst. I pretty much stopped buying retail boxed PC games after the issues I had with Splinter Cell Chaos Theory back in 2005. I was so psyched to get that game and I ended up not even finishing it because StarForce was causing BSODs, DVD and hard drive slowdown and general sluggishness in Windows. It was real nasty back then and wouldn't even remove itself if you uninstalled the game. Had to do a complete format to get rid of it. They later made an uninstaller for it but still I would never recommending installing that garbage on your system.

ostzsk.jpg

#1857 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

So does King's Bounty Platinum use Starforce DRM? It sounds like that's a disc check DRM, so how does that work when it's digital?

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#1858 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:16 PM

So does King's Bounty Platinum use Starforce DRM? It sounds like that's a disc check DRM, so how does that work when it's digital?

No clue w/ KB: Platinum from Amazon DVG uses.
I got all my KB games from Steam. long ago - which uses Steam DRM.

But, since I've used A LOT of different DRM's [Securom, SafeDisc, Tages, etc] and styles [Internet, disc], let me try an explain this...

Usually if there's NO Disc involved here - meaning, you bought the game digitally for download - it'll likely use Internet DRM scheme of some kind.

Usually, Internet-style DRM's have required online activation and/or install limits...hopefully w/ revokes, if there's install limits of some kind.
Steam is a little different - and you bind the game to your account and only that account can run said game.

I have no clue if the newer StarForce Internet DRM installs drivers or does any funky stuff like the old SF disc-check ones used to do.

#1859 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

Hey Tony,
So whats the deal with Madden '08?
Was the problem which prevented it from coming up during the sports sale eventually resolved so it can go on sale sometime in future when a EA/Sports sales come up?.

N.

I've got my guy recreating the page...for the third time...I have no idea why our system is throwing up on this one.

I've reached out to 1C to ask this question. Stay tuned.

I noticed that you mentioned Double Fine. Are you going to start selling their games? If so I would be interested in a good deal on Stacking.

We are going to start selling their games, they will be the Deal of the Week after Deus Ex next week :).
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#1860 The Nephilim

The Nephilim

The Troll King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:36 PM

C'mon Tony. What can you tell us about the May event? I gotta have an idea if I should be setting aside something extra for Amazon. I just ordered a water filter from you guys for my fridge! Don't hold out!