Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10290 replies to this topic

#211 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

Tony, will you guys be price matching shogun 2's steam sale? I have an amazon credit i'd really like to use on it.

#212 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

Tony, will you guys be price matching shogun 2's steam sale? I have an amazon credit i'd really like to use on it.

Yep, hamsters are running as we speak.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#213 jedik

jedik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

Everyone stop recommending games. I just bought Amnesia when I have only about 4 or 5 hours to play video games per week, and my backlog is about 30 games long on steam. =[ lol

I have yet to finish Medieval 2 total war so that will hold me off on getting shogun 2 at the moment after the price match....hopefully..... >.<

#214 avwjase

avwjase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

What's the verdict on the Penumbra pack? As good as/better than Amnesia? Will I like it if I'm into RE4/5 or Dead Space?

Mainly, the clunky controls kept me from the original RE games, but if this handles better...

Here is a perfect review of Amnesia. I just beat it last Saturday and it is a great game. Play it with surround sound headphones in the dark to get the full experience.

It is better than Penumbra but both games are great. If I had to go with just one, I'd go with Amnesia without doubt. The water monster parts are some of my favorite gaming moments in history.

#215 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

Everyone stop recommending games. I just bought Amnesia when I have only about 4 or 5 hours to play video games per week, and my backlog is about 30 games long on steam. =[ lol

I have yet to finish Medieval 2 total war so that will hold me off on getting shogun 2 at the moment after the price match....hopefully..... >.<

I wish my backlog was 30 games. It's 560 games. Not even joking

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mikeoliva

#216 Homme Crabe

Homme Crabe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

Hi there and thanks for this great thread!
I was wondering if there was a list, somewhere, with all the games that are DRM-free on Amazon. I think this could be a good category to add to the website to enhance the sales. Thanks a lot for your answer!

#217 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

I was wondering if there was a list, somewhere, with all the games that are DRM-free on Amazon. I think this could be a good category to add to the website to enhance the sales. Thanks a lot for your answer!

YES! I want Amazon to list the DRM each core game uses; whether it's STEAM, TAGES. Securom, etc... And list if a game is DRM-FREE

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#218 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:45 PM

It's been 6 hours since my gift card purchase. Not even a mail or anything. I really don't want to stop trusting amazon for my purchases, but I don't like the "pay and don't receive anything for too many hours" system. I contacted support, but still nothing. Too obscure for my taste

#219 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

Amazon has an online chat feature; I would try that

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#220 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

It's been 6 hours since my gift card purchase. Not even a mail or anything. I really don't want to stop trusting amazon for my purchases, but I don't like the "pay and don't receive anything for too many hours" system. I contacted support, but still nothing. Too obscure for my taste

Last year when they did the same deal on Living Social they stated it would take 2 days to receive the codes. They sent them all 2 days later.

Honestly, it's kind of ridiculous to call their trustworthiness into question over a small delay in processing 100s of 1000s of orders today for the same deal. They are not going to steal anything from you and while getting things instantly is always nice, one instance when there is a small delay in receiving a gift card shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#221 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

Amazon has an online chat feature; I would try that

"AmazonLocal.com operates a stand-alone website and has dedicated customer service representatives independent of Amazon.com. Please contact AmazonLocal.com via e-mail or phone at: AmazonLocal.com/help "

But, I must say, Amazon Customer service is AWESOME and REAL FAST. Was my first time on customer support with Amazon rep... and must say I still love Amazon, no matter what happens with AmazonLocal ;)

#222 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:36 PM

Honestly, it's kind of ridiculous to call their trustworthiness into question over a small delay in processing 100s of 1000s of orders today for the same deal. They are not going to steal anything from you and while getting things instantly is always nice, one instance when there is a small delay in receiving a gift card shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Excuse me if I at least want an email stating "your order is being processed, please excuse the delay. Your order number is ######". I know it states something on the web site, BUT, being a site asociated with a GIANT like Amazon, more formality is required (IMHO). At least they shoul have sent me my order number by mail, is not asking too much, isn't it?. I'm not stating they will steal me, I'm just stating the informality of the site.

If you consider a "small delay" more than 6 hours without a single mail, then good for you. If someone send me money, or ask me for something, I use to (try to) send and email confirming I received the question/petition/payment/other on the rush. I believe in the formality of transactions...

At work, if someone ask me for a task (always by email), I reply the mail stating the status of the work, and if could not be done immediately, I try to give an approximated date. That way people knows you are listening and care about the task.

And at last, everyone got the rights to give complains and opinions, and is not polite to call them "ridiculous"... unless is a troll ;)

Excuse me for being a pain in the ***, I'm somewhat angry, I'm not like this always.

#223 thegreatest

thegreatest

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:42 PM

Excuse me if I at least want an email stating "your order is being processed, please excuse the delay. Your order number is ######". I know it states something on the web site, BUT, being a site asociated with a GIANT like Amazon, more formality is required (IMHO). At least they shoul have sent me my order number by mail, is not asking too much, isn't it?. I'm not stating they will steal me, I'm just stating the informality of the site.

If you consider a "small delay" more than 6 hours without a single mail, then good for you. If someone send me money, or ask me for something, I use to (try to) send and email confirming I received the question/petition/payment/other on the rush. I believe in the formality of transactions...

At work, if someone ask me for a task (always by email), I reply the mail stating the status of the work, and if could not be done immediately, I try to give an approximated date. That way people knows you are listening and care about the task.

And at last, everyone got the rights to give complains and opinions, and is not polite to call them "ridiculous"... unless is a troll ;)

Excuse me for being a pain in the ***, I'm somewhat angry, I'm not like this always.

Assuming you did the pay $5 for a $10 GC deal, THEY GAVE YOU $5 ESSENTIALLY! Chill and have some patients.

#224 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

Assuming you did the pay $5 for a $10 GC deal, THEY GAVE YOU $5 ESSENTIALLY! Chill and have some patients.

LOL :applause::applause::applause:

#225 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

YES! I want Amazon to list the DRM each core game uses; whether it's STEAM, TAGES. Securom, etc... And list if a game is DRM-FREE

This is my single biggest beef with Amazon's digital download store and I've been pestering for a while about it, but if I recall correctly the short answer was that it takes something akin to an Act of Congress to add a new field to Amazon listing pages.

#226 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:30 PM

They don't need to add a listing to filter results, just have the person that types up the store-page for a specific game, add the type of DRM. Some of the STEAMWORKS games have in the descriptions "Requires STEAM".

Well if it does take an act of congress for Tony to get this passed, we can all act as his personal lobbyists! :D

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#227 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:36 PM

"AmazonLocal.com operates a stand-alone website and has dedicated customer service representatives independent of Amazon.com. Please contact AmazonLocal.com via e-mail or phone at: AmazonLocal.com/help "

But, I must say, Amazon Customer service is AWESOME and REAL FAST. Was my first time on customer support with Amazon rep... and must say I still love Amazon, no matter what happens with AmazonLocal ;)

Did you at least get a "Your Amazon.com Order" email?

#228 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

You're not being a PITA and you definitely have the right to complain, sorry if my post came off as saying otherwise. All I was trying to say is this Amazon, not some small time company or bundle just getting started. You can count on them more than probably any company out there to come through in one way or another. Personally, I wouldn't get angry or worked up over it because either a) Amazon is going to come through (just a little late) or b) maybe they screw me over out of five bucks (not likely). Either one isn't anything to get your blood pressure raised for.

I do suggest if you like to have confirmation of things to always do a Print Screen or Print PDF of all your internet transactions so you don't have to count on the retailer emailing you and so you always have proof in case a problem arises.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#229 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:56 PM

Yep, hamsters are running as we speak.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony, you are the fucking man. Is there someone I can write to let them know how good you are at your job? :lol:

#230 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:06 AM

Did you at least get a "Your Amazon.com Order" email?

Nope. That's what bothers me.

You're not being a PITA and you definitely have the right to complain, sorry if my post came off as saying otherwise. All I was trying to say is this Amazon, not some small time company or bundle just getting started. You can count on them more than probably any company out there to come through in one way or another. Personally, I wouldn't get angry or worked up over it because either a) Amazon is going to come through (just a little late) or b) maybe they screw me over out of five bucks (not likely). Either one isn't anything to get your blood pressure raised for.

I do suggest if you like to have confirmation of things to always do a Print Screen or Print PDF of all your internet transactions so you don't have to count on the retailer emailing you and so you always have proof in case a problem arises.

I know is part of Amazon and amazon got my 100% approval trust, I've been purchasing there for years, and that's what surprises and bothers me the most. Amazon is more serious on it's transactions... until know, I had zero problems, and even paid more on some ocasions just for the fact of buying there.

I think 99% of my purchases sent me confirmation mails, and even show you the "print receip" if buying through a client, like Steam. This is the second time (first being Bemine Bundle) I didn't receive any mail or confirmation. I will print a PDF version of the web page.

Now to the point of the forum: is it worth buying Shogun 2?. I've never played any total war game, and some say this is the best game on the series. How is MP?

Edited by juanjava, 21 March 2012 - 01:49 AM.

#231 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:37 AM

So, Tony. I just used a link of the first page of this thread to get to amazon, but I purchased Enslaved for the PS3 for just $10 w/free shipping. But because I got there through a link on this page, you still get credit, correct?

#232 Y2JerichoHALic55

Y2JerichoHALic55

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:44 AM

Sorry for the very newb question. I want to purchase Sonic Generations & the SEGA 48-Game Mega Arcade Pack and would like to install the games to my laptop (I'm a very frequent traveler). Would I be able to later download these games to my main computer also? I've never digitally bought a video game before like this so this whole thing is new to me.
Posted Image

#233 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:53 AM

Sonic Generations requires a Steam account, you can download the game at any time, and as many times, as you wish.

And according to other posts in this thread, all DRM Free games on Amazon can be redownloaded as many times as you wish. You can even copy the install files to a flash drive and move them that way. I believe the Sega Classics are like this so you should be good to go.

foxhack.jpg

#234 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:55 AM

This is my single biggest beef with Amazon's digital download store and I've been pestering for a while about it, but if I recall correctly the short answer was that it takes something akin to an Act of Congress to add a new field to Amazon listing pages.

They don't need to add a listing to filter results, just have the person that types up the store-page for a specific game, add the type of DRM. Some of the STEAMWORKS games have in the descriptions "Requires STEAM".

Well if it does take an act of congress for Tony to get this passed, we can all act as his personal lobbyists! :D

To give you guys an update on this, I'm currently working with multiple teams to make this a reality. What I'm pushing for is a note right next to "Rating" on the very top of the page that will have "DRM" next to it and list the applicable DRM, or "DRM Free".

To address your point directly UW_Shocks, there isn't a PERSON who draws the pages on Amazon.com, there is a series of about 20 programs that pull together different, pre-programmed elements, to create a page. So, what I have been doing, is working with the various teams to create a new element "DRM", define what properties can go in that field, add it to the system that records information for these fields, and get the tech that builds the pages to identify that value and place it where I want it on the page...that's why it takes so long, because each step in that process requires a few layers of approval, and then the time necessary for a human to do the work to those systems.

Sorry for the delay, but we ARE making progress :).

I'm hoping we have a solution in place within a month.

Tony, you are the fucking man. Is there someone I can write to let them know how good you are at your job? :lol:

Haha, thanks man. Honestly the best way to show your appreciation is to help spread the word :). We review all the places CAGs post our deals on the 'net each week and it looks awesome when I'm able to say "look at that community we've got who is so excited about what we're doing that they're telling other people".

Nope. That's what bothers me.

I know is part of Amazon and amazon got my 100% approval trust, I've been purchasing there for years, and that's what surprises and bothers me the most. Amazon is more serious on it's transactions... until know, I had zero problems, and even paid more on some ocasions just for the fact of buying there.

I think 99% of my purchases sent me confirmation mails, and even show you the "print receip" if buying through a client, like Steam. This is the second time (first being Bemine Bundle) I didn't receive any mail or confirmation. I will print a PDF version of the web page.

Now to the point of the forum: is it worth to buy Shogun 2?. I've never played any total war game, and some say this is the best game on the series. How is MP?

Sorry about your frustration with the Amazon Local deal. I've definitely passed it along, both in email and in person. I'll follow up with that team tomorrow.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#235 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:57 AM

So, Tony. I just used a link of the first page of this thread to get to amazon, but I purchased Enslaved for the PS3 for just $10 w/free shipping. But because I got there through a link on this page, you still get credit, correct?

Good question, to clear it up I don't get credit for it, CheapyD, the guy who runs this forum does. I get to look at a report with my boss and his boss every week and say "look at the community I've helped develop and the awesome traffic they are driving", but Cheapy gets sweet sweet dollars in his pocket for every purchase you make once you've been served the cookie (which happens when you click on one of the links from this forum).

Sorry for the very newb question. I want to purchase Sonic Generations & the SEGA 48-Game Mega Arcade Pack and would like to install the games to my laptop (I'm a very frequent traveler). Would I be able to later download these games to my main computer also? I've never digitally bought a video game before like this so this whole thing is new to me.

Yep, you can download them wherever, whenever you want.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#236 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:01 AM

To give you guys an update on this, I'm currently working with multiple teams to make this a reality. What I'm pushing for is a note right next to "Rating" on the very top of the page that will have "DRM" next to it and list the applicable DRM, or "DRM Free".

To address your point directly UW_Shocks, there isn't a PERSON who draws the pages on Amazon.com, there is a series of about 20 programs that pull together different, pre-programmed elements, to create a page. So, what I have been doing, is working with the various teams to create a new element "DRM", define what properties can go in that field, add it to the system that records information for these fields, and get the tech that builds the pages to identify that value and place it where I want it on the page...that's why it takes so long, because each step in that process requires a few layers of approval, and then the time necessary for a human to do the work to those systems.

Sorry for the delay, but we ARE making progress :).

I'm hoping we have a solution in place within a month.

Understood :) Glad to hear it will become reality soon; I know this will attract many buyers and put an end to the "Does it activate on STEAM" questions :D

Thanks Tony! :applause:

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#237 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:15 AM

I assume you're too young for "please allow 6-8 weeks for shipping" to have been the standard, eh?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#238 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:21 AM

Good question, to clear it up I don't get credit for it, CheapyD, the guy who runs this forum does. I get to look at a report with my boss and his boss every week and say "look at the community I've helped develop and the awesome traffic they are driving", but Cheapy gets sweet sweet dollars in his pocket for every purchase you make once you've been served the cookie (which happens when you click on one of the links from this forum).

Well, that's still reason enough to use the links as a portal whenever I decide to buy something from amazon. As I understood it, you still get some of the credit, because it can be argued that the additional buys even if outside of your department are being created due to CAG's browsing other departments while having checked out your deals. And that's the truth of it. I went to check out the dreamcast selection, and Enslaved was in the recommended bar that can be scrolled. It just so happened to be on my wishlist (personal, not one on Amazon). So good job to all involved. And if you don't happen to pocket ad dollars on that particular sale, then glad that it supports cheapassgamer. But you can still show the traffic being is generated directly by you. And it was still a video game sale. Cheers.

Edited by walkonshadows, 21 March 2012 - 01:25 AM.
did not quote correctly

#239 houdinilogic

houdinilogic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:23 AM

Understood :) Glad to hear it will become reality soon; I know this will attract many buyers and put an end to the "Does it activate on STEAM" questions :D

Thanks Tony! :applause:

Think you're dreaming there. If people can't read the posts immediately preceding their own re: DRM, I doubt they're going to read the product info ;)

Not saying it isn't a good idea, because I think it's great... Just that we shouldn't delude ourselves in to thinking that suddenly 50% of the posts in here are going to go away :)

#240 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:25 AM

I'll have more news on an ME 1 & 2 sale again towards the end of this week :).

@Tony
What about ME3? :P

EDIT:
@UW & @Tony

Same here!

Edited by MysterD, 21 March 2012 - 01:43 AM.