Photo
- - - - -

XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7393 replies to this topic

#271 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:43 PM

Lol. Have any of us nerdy gamers not seen the Avengers yet?

I haven't. Nobody wants to go with me or they already went the ultra-classy route of watching it online.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#272 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:44 PM

Also, OP looks beautiful now ReddJoey!

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#273 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:02 PM

Tempted to get the DJ Hero 2 DLC, partly because I'll get the rebate back, but there's just not enough content there.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#274 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

I haven't seen it yet either. The whole "real life/no money" thing has kept me so far but I hope to see it soon.

Also, OP looks beautiful now ReddJoey!

The OP does look better, nice job!:applause:
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#275 PrinnyJ

PrinnyJ

Stay@HomeDad Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:11 PM

Yes, some of us nerdy gamers haven't had time yet. ;)

#276 Primis

Primis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:22 PM

Don't know if it applies specifically to this thread or not, but the original Toy Soldiers has dropped to 400 MSP. Naturally... a couple weeks after i finally break down and buy it, of course...

#277 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:27 PM

Don't know if it applies specifically to this thread or not, but the original Toy Soldiers has dropped to 400 MSP. Naturally... a couple weeks after i finally break down and buy it, of course...

Still shows as 800 MSP. Not that it matters to me. I bought the game for 1200 MSP a couple of months ago.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#278 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

Which of the two toy soldiers game is the better investment?

#279 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:32 PM

Both have the same critic score (81) on metacritic. The second game has a higher user score though, so that points to it being a better game. I've had both games for a while now but haven't had a chance to play either, so I can't give an opinion.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#280 Skydude

Skydude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

I wish they would discount DXHR's DLC again, I got it shortly after the DLC was on sale...
Posted Image

#281 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

Robomodo's Unreal Engine-powered remake Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD will drop in on Xbox Live and PSN this June, Tony Hawk himself has revealed. He took to Twitter to announce the launch window, as he is wont to do.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD is a remake featuring select levels from the first two games, which originally debuted on the PSOne. Tony has said that, depending on the HD remake's reception, we could see other past levels added – Hawk even envisions Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD as a platform for completely new content.

http://www.joystiq.c...nd-psn-in-june/

I remember enjoying Pro Skater 2 on the the Dreamcast so I'm somewhat excited that it's coming soon.

#282 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:24 PM

I remember enjoying Pro Skater 2 on the the Dreamcast so I'm somewhat excited that it's coming soon.

Calling it now, 3 level DLC packs for 400msp. But hopefully not $.99 per level lol

#283 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

I don't see it. Got my hopes up too.

#284 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

Toy soliders dropped 400 msp, not gotten to,that price. I hope through a sale it drops to 400 msp soon, more so the week of may 29th, so i can play batman dlc and that almost all day.

#285 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

ONE ONE ONE ONE ONE ONE ONE ONE!!!!!!!1!!!1!!!

1 has 14 campaign levels, then a campaign+ with the same 14 levels but played from the German side. They're basically brand new levels because the gameplay and strategies from level to level are extremely different. So basically 28 levels in Toy Soldiers 1, compared to 13 in Toy Soldiers 2.

Toy Soldiers 2 is far easier. They added an arguably overpowered weapon that can destroy tanks, because tanks were a little bit overpowered in 1. There's also a rewind feature in 2 that lets you back track to any wave, in case you make a major mistake and don't feel like restarting the whole level (nothing like this in 1). They also added what basically amounts to killstreak rewards, such as AC-130 and airstrikes, which are fun but still contribute to making the game easier. There are also 6 minigames, and survival and versus maps that, unfortunately, in my opinion are irrelevant.

More positively, Toy Soldiers 2 added the ability to play the whole game co-op (local only, I believe). You can also zoom while using your turrets in 2, which is a really nice addition.

Toy Soldiers 2 is by no means a bad game. I really enjoyed my time with it. But it was a huge letdown to me after how amazing I found Toy Soldiers 1 to be.

#286 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

Weak sales. :(

#287 Primis

Primis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:10 PM

Toy soliders dropped 400 msp, not gotten to that price. I hope through a sale it drops to 400 msp soon, more so the week of may 29th, so i can play batman dlc and that almost all day.

Huh.

Then it's not actually a new price drop, because I purchased it two weeks ago at 800 MSP. I know this, because I haven't had over 840 MSP's available for some time and am at 40 at the moment.

My bad though. I bought it two weeks ago at a price, then saw a price drop today. I assumed it was actually new.

Re: the original vs Cold War, I'm all about the original because of the WWI theme (WWI, not WWII). WWI largely was tower defense anyways... the flares goes up, the bugle sounds, the soldiers go over the top in waves... the theme, music, sounds, just makes it a refreshing game compared to the glut of modern combat games, WWII themes, etc.

#288 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

Huh.

Then it's not actually a new price drop, because I purchased it two weeks ago at 800 MSP. I know this, because I haven't had over 840 MSP's available for some time and am at 40 at the moment.

My bad though. I bought it two weeks ago at a price, then saw a price drop today. I assumed it was actually new.

Re: the original vs Cold War, I'm all about the original because of the WWI theme (WWI, not WWII). WWI largely was tower defense anyways... the flares goes up, the bugle sounds, the soldiers go over the top in waves... the theme, music, sounds, just makes it a refreshing game compared to the glut of modern combat games, WWII themes, etc.

It's possible that you saw it on the dashboard as a price drop labeled as "Save 400". That's how they label them now, and it's caused lots of confusion on this thread already.

#289 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:32 PM

I haven't. My wife is out of town for a week and I'd be murdered if I saw it without her.

#290 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:46 PM

I agree with Primis that the enitire setting of Toy Soldiers works for the game more than Toy Soldiers:Cold War. I also second everything that tylerh1701 wrote in his post declaring the original the superior choice. I don't know how you could not be let down with the sequel after playing the first. I could not have put my own opinion any better.:applause:

#291 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:57 PM

It's possible that you saw it on the dashboard as a price drop labeled as "Save 400". That's how they label them now, and it's caused lots of confusion on this thread already.

That's one of the worst parts of the metro game marketplace along with the weird way they sort new releases. Just tell people what the new price is, not how much it dropped.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#292 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:59 PM

I'm looking forward to it as well, as it's really the only sports series I got into (well, up to THPS 4. I stopped caring after that). I just hope the cheat codes & such return, plus maybe some of those guest characters (like Spiderman in 2 & Wolverine and Darth Maul in 3).
Posted ImagePosted Image

#293 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:01 PM

I remember one of the things i loved so much about Tony Hawk Pro Skater was the soundtrack, so many groups i had never heard of before.

Either way, i'm hyped for it. That game was probably the most played game on my PS1 until i learned about how awesome RPG's and SRPG's were.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#294 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:16 PM

Toy Soldiers 1 is the better of the two games.

I think they are both worth owning, though.

#295 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:49 PM

True but if i waited this long, i think i can wait longer. Maybe both games are a dotw with the dlc for both games also going onsale. That would be nice.

#296 WonkyToad

WonkyToad

CAG-aholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:28 AM

That's one of the worst parts of the metro game marketplace along with the weird way they sort new releases. Just tell people what the new price is, not how much it dropped.

OK. I have been holding back and biting my tongue so hard it is bleading.
I can't do it any more.

Wow!... What started as a simple post, got so long I decided it was best to turn it into a blog instead.

http://www.cheapassg...log.php?b=24071
Block freedom to access ANY kind of information and you do just that; Block Freedom!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#297 tribalnoise

tribalnoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:10 AM

dang i thought chaos theory was going to be 600 ms points but looks like its 800.

#298 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:31 AM

I agree with Primis that the enitire setting of Toy Soldiers works for the game more than Toy Soldiers:Cold War. I also second everything that tylerh1701 wrote in his post declaring the original the superior choice. I don't know how you could not be let down with the sequel after playing the first. I could not have put my own opinion any better.:applause:

Thanks. :D

#299 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:31 AM

...Wow!... What started as a simple post, got so long I decided it was best to turn it into a blog instead.

Read your blog entry. Sad to say that I agree with much of it.
Micr:cry:$oft's tactics show why they're a gajillion $ company though.

#300 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:36 AM

OK. I have been holding back and biting my tongue so hard it is bleading.
I can't do it any more.

Wow!... What started as a simple post, got so long I decided it was best to turn it into a blog instead.

While I wouldn't go that far, the dashboard definitely feels like it's half-finished and needs another big update to fix all of the small issues that are noticeable through extended use. It probably isn't helped by the hardware being seven years old, so I would hope the next system is fast as hell and more durable over the long haul.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4