XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7393 replies to this topic

#5971 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

I'd definitely pick up a Midway collection and forgot they de-listed those titles. Today I got the Capcom Digital Collection, Dreamcast Collection and Kirby's Dream Collection in from Amazon so obviously I'm a fan of those!

So I ended up getting Astropop today and decided to wait on Bejeweled 3 to get it with Zuma's Revenge once that disc goes on sale. Then my PopCap collection will be complete.

And I can't believe that Rock Band sale. It's insane! After the back to school sale, those collections and grabbing Borderlands 2 tonight my wallet is weeping. Time to buy some points! After that I hope to avoid any more game purchases for awhile.

#5972 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:38 AM

Just saw XBLDB update with Rock Band stuff. It begins...

Also, the hell are we going to do about the OP this week? I mean I have free time but not THAT much free time, lol.

Gonna at least dig around to see what non-Rock Band stuff is on sale. Looking like RB DLC is the DotW..

Edit: Also, I don't remember if someone talked about wanting it released on XBLA in the past but the Killer Instinct trademark was just renewed by Microsoft.
~ Professionals Be Thou For The People. ~

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#5973 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:00 AM

Burning Rangers HD pls.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#5974 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:09 AM

deus ex is deal of week.
http://marketplace.x...eWidestage_DOTW

also fable heroes is 400 msp
http://marketplace.x...15-d80258410b86

thats all i know

#5975 yamayama

yamayama

• • Professional Beta Tester • • (give me free stuff)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:22 AM

Cool. I'm in for Fable Heroes.

As for the RB DLC sale, you can just link to it in the OP.

«‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»

#5976 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:31 AM

I'm surprised the Missing Link DLC isn't on sale again, I'll pick up Fable Heroes for 400 though.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#5977 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:35 AM

must be an error with missing link dlc as why would it be there?

there could also be more with the fable heroes on sale as it is weird for it to be on sale on its own

#5978 yamayama

yamayama

• • Professional Beta Tester • • (give me free stuff)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:41 AM

Here is the link to the PDF for the RB sale.
http://www.rockband....saleGraphic.pdf

The Fable Heroes sale isn't that weird since the demo for Fable Journey just came out and Fable Heroes connects with Fable Journey. I think you can transfer gold or something. So I think they are trying to promote that which is why it's an instant buy for me.

8-)

«‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»

#5979 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:44 AM

Here is the link to the PDF for the RB sale.
http://www.rockband....saleGraphic.pdf

The Fable Heroes sale isn't that weird since the demo for Fable Journey just came out and Fable Heroes connects with Fable Journey. I think you can transfer gold or something. So I think they are trying to promote that which is why it's an instant buy for me.

8-)

did not think of that.

well hopefully more stuff is added to deal of week or added to fable heroes on sale

#5980 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

does anybody know when this rockband sale ends

#5981 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:09 AM

the deus ex missing link dlc has been corrected to 600 msp.

also dragons lair is 400 msp.
http://marketplace.x...10b8a?cid=SLink

maybe a microsoft game studio sale?

#5982 Skydude

Skydude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

I just finished up DXHR, including Missing Link, and I enjoyed it. I got it on sale LAST MONTH. Really?

Particularly silly because it's gold exclusive this time around (it wasn't last month). It would be less ridiculous the other way around (if gold got sales before the rest of folks).
Posted Image

#5983 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

also fable heroes is 400 msp
http://marketplace.x...15-d80258410b86

thats all i know

also dragons lair is 400 msp.
http://marketplace.x...10b8a?cid=SLink

Disappointing.

I would want to see a Capcom sale again with both Mega Man games included. Don't know how i missed to buy them before. :roll:

#5984 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:31 AM

Wow, tempted by Dragon's Lair even if I already own multiple copies of the game for other platform, mostly for nostalgia factor... since I saw the "Arcade Kinect" label on its cover, can anybody confirm that it's controller-friendly too as I still haven't bite on the flailing arms peripheral?
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#5985 Ciffy

Ciffy

I like the pretty lights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

Yes, Dragon's Lair is controller-friendly. It's one of those "better with kinect" titles. I have a friend that has all the achievements in it and he doesn't own kinect.

#5986 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

It's Dragon's Lair worth 400 points? I've never beaten it or seen the ending....or should I just youtube it? :P

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#5987 Enixbelmont

Enixbelmont

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:40 AM

Disappointing.

I would want to see a Capcom sale again with both Mega Man games included. Don't know how i missed to buy them before. :roll:

I've been waiting for a third strike online sale for what feels like forever. With the anniversary collection coming out this week I was crossing my fingers. Hope capcom has a sale soon too.

#5988 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

It's Dragon's Lair worth 400 points? I've never beaten it or seen the ending....or should I just youtube it? :P

I'm trying to decide this as well. I want to try it just because it's one of those classic games for being ahead of its time, but on the other hand, it's pretty much Quick-Time Event: The Video Game. I'm 1/2 tempted to just skip & save the money for MvC Origins, JSR, Nights, & SA2.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5989 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

To be honest even with Nostalgia Goggles equipped it is hardly a good "game"...it's more of a short interactive movie, so you just could see the 5 minutes on youtube lol

#5990 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

As someone who poured a lot of quarters into it with my dad back in the day...youtube it.

Unless you have friends, a kinect and booze. Drink after every death = good times.

#5991 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:00 PM

I already got The Missing Link on sale. Does anyone have an opinion on the two weapons packs?

I'm pretty sure I'll pick up Fable Heroes and Dragon's Lair... Plus a million RB tracks.

#5992 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:01 PM

Yes, Dragon's Lair is controller-friendly. It's one of those "better with kinect" titles. I have a friend that has all the achievements in it and he doesn't own kinect.

Nice, thanks! I'll grab it when Xbox.com starts working again, then... :)

In my opinion, it's worth only if you share an emotional bond with it, as if you want to simply watch the scenes and its ending you'll be perfectly fine watching a longplay on Youtube instead, preferably in HD :)

The game is... not a game at all: it's a roughly 30 minute QTE session, so if you have not experienced its first coming in the arcades where it completely destroyed all its pixel-fueled rivals and didn't have to go through an endless queue just to put your quarter in and die 10 seconds later, then I highly doubt you'll end up liking it.

Still, it IS a piece of videogame history, so maybe you'll deem it worthy at least for this :)
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#5993 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:54 PM

S&S+ Scratch & Win updated. Avatar prop is the prize. Looks like it's Chinese Takeaway.

Losing deals:

- All Zombies Must Die! (400 MSP, 50% off)
- Puzzle Arcade (400 MSP, 50% off)
- Lara Craft & The Guardian of Light (600 MSP, 50% off)

Update: Coming to Xbox Live Marketplace blog posted.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5994 Ciffy

Ciffy

I like the pretty lights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

Wow, next week's DotW looks pretty good... marvel stuff in pinball fx2, xmen arcade and marvel v capcom 2 and add ons for 3. Too bad I already own ALL OF IT. >_< First time I've ever seen a dotw with all good stuff that I already own.

Also, wish there was a ms publisher sale to go with the fable heroes and dragon's lair... there are several games from that same time period I would love to see a sale on (joy ride turbo, SVC's, etc).

#5995 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

I already have LCGoL and have been wanting PA so I'll pick that up. Zombies MD looks okay so I'll probably pass.

For next week's DotW I'll grab whatever Pinball FX2 tables I don't have so at least Captain America. I'm not sure if I have the other two. And I already have MvC2 and X-Men.

#5996 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

Dragon's Lair has never been, and never will be a good "game". It's a novelty at best. If you need a tool to give your memory a little workout then it may have some value for you. If those 400 points are burning a hole in your pocket then pick it up, you'll satisfy your curiosity and earn some achievements in the process. Gameplay however is definitely not satisfying.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#5997 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

Fable heroes on sale until October 15th?? Might as well just make it a price drop. Unless MajorNelson made a typo (happens all the time).
Is it even worth 400 points? Lots of hate for the game and I don't think I've seen 1 positive post about it thus far.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#5998 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:31 PM

Dragon's Lair is terrible. I didn't have a bond with it in the arcades, though I was certainly an arcade gamer then. It's just a memorization game. You'll have a lot more fun playing Simon.
Posted Image

#5999 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

Fable heroes on sale until October 15th?? Might as well just make it a price drop. Unless MajorNelson made a typo (happens all the time).
Is it even worth 400 points? Lots of hate for the game and I don't think I've seen 1 positive post about it thus far.

Yeah have seen this too, maybe longer promo for Fable Journey hum..anyway I should have waited then and maybe bought it in october with new xbox rewards options lol...

For the game itself I've been told that the game is much fun as long as you have friends to play with...(kinda Mario Party-style) question is..do you have friends? =P lol

#6000 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

Is Sales app broken for anyone? When i boot it blank Error window pop-up. Not that it's a big loss, since it was so bad.