..My life is a Jem song. :D

Now that IS truly outrageous!:lol:
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#6182 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

Because not everyone buys all the games they're interested in on the day of release. GamerX buys Halo 4 the week of release because it's a high profile title, but a month later they ask for the Midway collection as a stocking stuffer from their gf/wife/mommy. Low profile games just need to be released before the holidays to capitalize on the shopping frenzy, they never try to compete with high profile games for the consumer's dollars. I can guarantee you that releasing this collection after the holidays (or even December) results in lower sales. That's why few games get released during those times.

while i can see that happening and am not arguing that my point here is there are so many AAA titles to chose from that are much more likely to be asked for over said non AAA title. because in this situation say they get halo and ask mommy for a second game...well there is still the wii u, COD, assassins creed, mario, and other AAA titles that are more likely to be on their radar over the odd title.

and i would argue and am arguing that an obscure game coming out with no competition will do far better than coming out in november.

though i would agree releasing before big titles say in september is probably not too bad of an idea. as in that case we have usually only one or two AAA Titles so it easier to get some exposure in time for the shopping frenzy because my main point is november is suicide for anything that isnt huge.

#6183 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

Show me your Double Dragon II arcade cabinet. Or your fascinating look at Japan-only Double Dragon games... Then we'll talk. >:-D I am glad you like the game too, though I disagree about how 'Double Dragon-y' Neon is.

I like the cut of your jib.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#6184 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

Now that IS truly outrageous!:lol:

Truly truly?

#6185 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:55 AM

Truly truly?

Truly, truly, truly outrageous!
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#6186 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Owns Every Hamster Game* on PSN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:05 AM

now that is truly outrageous!:lol:

truly truly?

truly, truly, truly outrageous!

WOOSH!!! (10char)

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#6187 RallyV

RallyV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:05 AM

Whoa Jem!

#6188 RallyV

RallyV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:07 AM

Okay, now the song is running through my head. Not that it doesn't normally. :)

#6189 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:35 AM

http://www.youtube.c...34f6RZDDBI4#t=4

76561198014930049.png

#6190 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:31 AM

Just finished my Rock Band set for the night. Ended up playing 19 of the 21 songs I bought on sale this week (in a row-man my throat is sore!). Still tempted to drop $10 on the CCR pack, man that thing is bursting with good stuff.

#6191 Daemonocracy

Daemonocracy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:35 AM

I ask you, who does not like Jem? My life is a Jem song. :D

lol, love the site. I can't believe Jem worked her way into this thread; awesome.

#6192 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:37 AM

Thanks for reminding me to throw some Jem into my Tekken Tunes. ;)

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#6193 Daemonocracy

Daemonocracy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

So, anyone try Double Dragon Neon? Its so...odd, that I actually kinda liked it.

If it ever hits 400 points I may pick it up.

I am really satisfied with my purchase. I just spent the last week binging on the coop with a friend and I eagerly look forward to completing this game solo on the hardest difficulty; Neon captures the essence of Double Dragon even if it comes up short in some other areas.

I like the humor and the whole 80s cartoon presentation, but would prefer a more grounded and gritty approach in any future games. I love the stylized look, the retro soundtrack, and the accessible but not simplistic combat mechanics - it all feels like classic Double Dragon to me. The weapons are better than ever and play an integral role, but reducing the grappling system to an automatic throw is a definite bummer.

In many ways this is the Double Dragon I have been waiting for for years: The return of Billy and Jimmy in a fun, challenging beat 'em up which pays homage to the decade that started it all.

Now I wonder if that Double Dragon 2: Wanderer of the Dragon will be any good, it seems to have just disappeared after Neon was announced.

#6194 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:30 AM

It's been a long time since I've had a complete 180 on a game, but man, Double Dragon Neon is awesome. It really does get better everytime you play it, especially with another human in co-op. I really hope it get a sequel and they fix it's flaws though.

Yep, the game shines in co-op. Don't get all of the hate and rather disappointing reviews around.

Also i really enjoyed another new brawler - KungFu Strike. It's funny how most of the reviewers complain about the punishing difficulty (some of them didn't even know you can do mega-powerful counter attacks, when the enemies are in aggro form - this is a must if you go for S ranks). Are they never played some old games?

Anyway. Got my 20 S ranks - 400/400G. Really rewarding game and satisfying completion.
:)

Edited by Sath666, 22 September 2012 - 12:52 PM.

#6195 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:14 AM

Is gaining extra lives in DD Neon tough? Can you use the old trick from old school DD where you'd pick 2 Player B and beat up on your brother and steal his lives? :P

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#6196 simmias

simmias

Don't believe his lies

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

Whoa Jem!

I prefer the Misfits. The Misfits. Their songs are better.

#6197 RallyV

RallyV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:24 PM

I love how Jem has taken over the thread. :D

Back on track though... has anyone played Realms of Ancient Wars yet? I started the game the other night and then had someone drop in for a co-op game. It seems that everything earned by my partner is gone. The game restarts them at the same level as me but took away any items, weapons, money, and how the points were used. So basically the person playing has to start over each time they want to play. All they get it a health and mana potion.

I'm not too happy about this and he really isn't.

#6198 cthomer5000

cthomer5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

I prefer the Misfits. The Misfits. Their songs are better.

And they are beyond insane. Like a group of Courtney Loves.

They attempt murder pretty regularly.

http://www.youtube.c...bed/M_nikcBN0fE

#6199 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

So, anyone try Double Dragon Neon? Its so...odd, that I actually kinda liked it.

If it ever hits 400 points I may pick it up.

As a beat-em-up enthusiast, I did not enjoy the slow, stiff gameplay at all. Couple that with no online play, and like you, I am waiting until it hits 400 points.

#6200 billydeewilliams

billydeewilliams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

level 2 song on double dragon neon is my jam lol :)

#6201 RallyV

RallyV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:25 PM

And they are beyond insane. Like a group of Courtney Loves.

They attempt murder pretty regularly.

http://www.youtube.c...bed/M_nikcBN0fE

Not just murder. They break the law on a regular basis.

http://www.toplessro...d_totally_h.php

#6202 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

Now I wonder if that Double Dragon 2: Wanderer of the Dragon will be any good, it seems to have just disappeared after Neon was announced.

When last I checked, the devs were having trouble getting it to pass certification. But there is a possibility it's been cancelled. I'm investigating, but the language barrier is tough.

Also i really enjoyed another new brawler - KungFu Strike. It's funny how most of the reviewers complain about the punishing difficulty (some of them didn't even know you can do mega-powerful counter attacks, when the enemies are in aggro form - this is a must if you go for S ranks). Are they never played some old games?

Kung Fu Strike's difficulty just isn't balanced at all. I pointed out some of the flaws in my review, like how either player dying in co-op ends the game. But even single player, it was just work instead of fun for me. The bombs! The bosses! Oh god. And I'm a huge fan of beat-em-ups, as you may have noticed. But it's good that you were able to enjoy and fully complete it. 8-)

Edited by eastx, 22 September 2012 - 04:15 PM.

#6203 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

Yep, the game shines in co-op. Don't get all of the hate and rather disappointing reviews around.

Anyway. Got my 20 S ranks - 400/400G. Really rewarding game and satisfying completion.
:)

Holy mackerel! 20 S Ranks. How in blazes did you do that? I could scarcely handle the game as it was! Tell me your secrets.

I had to drop it to Easy at the twin swords boss which was utterly ridiculous. I loved the game though.

Edited by RollingSkull, 22 September 2012 - 04:45 PM.

Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#6204 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:16 PM

Kung Fu Strike's difficulty just isn't balanced at all. I pointed out some of the flaws in my review, like how either player dying in co-op ends the game. But even single player, it was just work instead of fun for me. The bombs! The bosses! Oh god. And I'm a huge fan of beat-em-ups, as you may have noticed. But it's good that you were able to enjoy and fully complete it. 8-)

I agree with what you say in your post. I'm always up for a challenging games, probably that's why i liked Kung Fu Strike.
Most of the new games are really easy and often i end up bored after few hours.

@RollingSkull - Hey man, i was exactly the same on my first playthrough. Luckily you can get Health, Chi and Army (gives you opportunity to summon Ally in beginning of each stage, lvl2 max their health) upgrades, which helps a lot. The rest is learning the enemies - when they glow red, always do counter attack with chi move. This saves a lot of time, which is the most important requirement for S rank.

The thing i didn't liked - all of the better stuff is expensive and farming money takes forever. For example - level 4 Chi cost 50k, same goes to 4th health upgrade. You get around 350-450 for beating a stage.Even though i had 90% of the upgrades and moves, later stages were still really tough.

btw The item drop rate is really high on hard difficulty.

#6205 Jaskull

Jaskull

Satellaview!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

Are there any CAGs that have tried out R.A.W. yet? I'm a sucker for isometric RPGs and it caught me by surprise in the marketplace today. I'll try the demo out later. There are very few mixed reviews for it this far. More Torchlight :) or Daggerdale :( ?

#6206 hellhunde

hellhunde

Snuffleupagus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:58 PM

Are there any CAGs that have tried out R.A.W. yet? I'm a sucker for isometric RPGs and it caught me by surprise in the marketplace today. I'll try the demo out later. There are very few mixed reviews for it this far. More Torchlight :) or Daggerdale :( ?

The reviews that I saw weren't very glowing. Perhaps I'll consider it if it goes on sale, but it doesn't sound at all like its worth a full-price purchase.

#6207 Daemonocracy

Daemonocracy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

When last I checked, the devs were having trouble getting it to pass certification. But there is a possibility it's been cancelled. I'm investigating, but the language barrier is tough.

Still listed on their official site, but things haven't been updated in a while. I figured they just delayed it since Neon was coming out, but it may have been cancelled. I'd have to learn Korean to investigate further, so I'll leave that up to you, keep me posted. :D

I look forward to a beat 'em up renaissance similar to what we've seen with shoot 'em ups on XBLA.

And count me in as a CAG who is highly interested in Realms of Ancient War; I've had my eye on this one for a while, but early reviews aren't too comforting (I'll have to check out the demo for myself). Someone wrote here that their partner couldn't keep all of their loot when they played and that would definitely be a problem.

#6208 RallyV

RallyV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:20 PM

I have. I'm pretty close to the end of the game. I like the game overall but there are some pretty big flaws in it. If you're playing with a friend they lose all their gear, items, money, etc. when you stop playing and pick it up again later.

Camera is fixed and you can easily get lost in the environments. I lost track of myself at a couple points as giant trees and overgrown hills blocked my view as I was overwhelmed by enemies. Also the enemies are crazy. They come at you in droves. You can easily die this way. I died once being attacked by spiders. Using health was a little slow and I just died. When you die you are taken back to a checkpoint but you must have soul gems to be revived or else the games ends. The only way you don't need them is if you're playing with a friend and they can stay alive for 5 seconds after you die. Although, who wants to play with you if they can't keep their gear and stats?

There's a ton more I could add. I should have a review up sometime next week. If there's anything specific, feel free to ask. I'll try and answer your questions.

#6209 XxCAGizforF4gzxX

XxCAGizforF4gzxX

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:12 PM

The new Fire Pro Wrestling completely blows: what a waste!

#6210 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

Am I the only one who thinks the new Fire Pro is decent? Mechanics are generally Fire Pro of old and I like all the avatar customization. And it's only $10. I guess without the "real" wrestlers it loses something but I think it's fine just not outstanding.
Posted Image