• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7393 replies to this topic

#6871 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:20 AM

That's your opinion. Not everyone supports Amazon

1:1 Amazon is always cheaper for MS points.

76561198014930049.png

#6872 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:40 AM

Damn Retro City Rampage is due out October 9th for PS3....there's no confirmed date on the XBLA release. Joystiq only lists later in 2012. :(

I so want this game now.

http://www.joystiq.c...-on-ps3-vita-a/

#6873 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:05 AM

That's your opinion. Not everyone supports Amazon

"not sure why you would" is not an opinion.

#6874 Crono-00

Crono-00

CAG, to Broke-AG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:05 AM

Just want to throw my $0.02 on the OP. I already love how the OP looks even without hiding anything behind spoiler tags. I like having all the information presented in its already neat fashion. However unfortunate the incident of the OP at one time being called "vandalism," it could have been avoidable after the edit a new posting in the thread to indicate the changes being made. Something along the lines of "I felt the OP was too cluttered so I tried placing the information under spoiler buttons to improve the appearance. How does everyone like the changes?" would have eased the situation over much easier. There is nothing wrong with the OP being a wiki, and at least I am thankful for everyone who does contribute in editing the OP, as I actually do read that along with the posts in this thread.

From what I've seen in this thread, the release seems to be a port of the PS2 version, which explains the lack of Sonic and two-player mode.

Still buying trying the demo day 1.

A very informative web site which points out changes I had no idea about, since I have never played the PS2 version. I guess I can adapt to the changes, but to me all the changes listed on the site sound like they make the gameplay worse. However, the positive end of these changes does say my original Saturn versions still have some unique factor to them and are still worth having. Thanks for the link, it was informative for me, like the Double Dragon imports article by eastx.

There is some DLC for 20 MSP in Bullet Witch... I actually bought one of those some time LOL

Yeah, Bulletwitch was one of those early titles on the 360 before they had a firm grasp on a consistent pricing model for the games marketplace items. The costumes were free, and the stage remixes cost only 20MSP each, which sounds reasonable to me. Not even avatar parts now has a price that low (lowest priced non-free avatar parts I can find are 40MSP). I actually did enjoy the game enough and the price for the stage remixes were low enough for me to just throw money at it (plus I purchased them during a month with the 5% rebate on purchased items from the rewards program). I'd think a pricing model for game content where it is easy for one to just throw money at such that there is no real regrets given the price (remixed stages for Bulletwitch) opposed to pricing something where I start thinking about not bothering and deciding to go on without (Weapon X Arena for X-men Origins: Wolverine). The 20MSP birthday money, is just something one has to save unless you have an eclectically odd taste in games as I (and even I bought all the Bulletwitch DLC already, so when my birthday month rolls along, I'll just have to combine it with the rest of my Microsoft points for hopefully something nice ^^).

Soon, XBLA NiGHTS: Into Dreams will be blind-purchased by me.

Edited by Crono-00, 05 October 2012 - 05:06 AM.
In a dream I can see you are not far-a-way ...

#6875 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

1:1 Amazon is always cheaper for MS points.

So what? There are things that are cheaper when purchased from Gamestop yet you still hear people say "I refuse to shop at Gamestop." or "I hate Best Buy." etc. I am simply stating that there are people that avoid retailers for their own reasons. Therefore, it's pretty easy to see why someone might take advantage of the coinstar direct deal if that were the case.

#6876 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:33 PM

Don't get your feelers all hurt.

76561198014930049.png

#6877 Fear No Darkness

Fear No Darkness

So say we all!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

Rather enjoyed the demo for Renegade Ops when it came out and I'd probably bite on half off, but the DLC strangely isn't listed on sale which is silly because all of the Toy Soldiers DLC is on sale. Should I grab it and wait for the DLC someday or just wait all together. I'll pick up the TS: Cold War DLC in the meantime.
The end of an era, RIP Amazon.
(As of Sept. Amazon charges tax in the state of PA)

How many fanboys does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
10, 1 to do it & 9 to complain how much better the 1st one was.

#6878 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

I'm guessing Sonic Adventure 2 and nights werent put up yet? Nights is nowhere to be found and SA2 has an ad but gives you an error. Same with the Trials add-on

201224.pnggarrett007.png

#6879 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

So what? There are things that are cheaper when purchased from Gamestop yet you still hear people say "I refuse to shop at Gamestop." or "I hate Best Buy." etc. I am simply stating that there are people that avoid retailers for their own reasons. Therefore, it's pretty easy to see why someone might take advantage of the coinstar direct deal if that were the case.

They also may just want to get their code immediately and not have to bother with the process on Amazon. That's what I would do if I was goin to buy MSP or a subscription anyway.

#6880 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

I'm guessing Sonic Adventure 2 and nights werent put up yet? Nights is nowhere to be found and SA2 has an ad but gives you an error. Same with the Trials add-on

Nights is listed now, but it's giving the same error SA2 is giving. You should be able to get around the problems by buying them from Xbox.com though.

#6881 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

wanted to get the new trials dlc, but it's still not updated which is odd because live has always been updated by friday afternoon

anybody know when the newest pinball arcade tables are coming? they're already out on psn

#6882 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

Red lynx tweeted that ms is working on the trails dlc issue and it'll be up ASAP.

#6883 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

There are things that are cheaper when purchased from Gamestop yet you still hear people say "I refuse to shop at Gamestop." or "I hate Best Buy." etc. I am simply stating that there are people that avoid retailers for their own reasons. Therefore, it's pretty easy to see why someone might take advantage of the coinstar direct deal if that were the case.

Don't get your feelers all hurt.

Aren't you that guy that rage quitted a thread a few weeks ago cause you got YOUR feelers all hurt because of Microsoft's handling of WP games? Yeah, that's you :applause: Keep on trucking dude

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=1756

OT: might get Arkadian Warriors since that's so cheap, but I gotta demo it after hearing other's opinions recently. Nothing else for me as I either have it from previous sales or don't want it. My wallet is pretty much safe till mid October

card.png

iWBcrxrRHgdN0.gif

#6884 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

Aren't you that guy that rage quitted a thread a few weeks ago cause you got YOUR feelers all hurt because of Microsoft's handling of WP games? Yeah, that's you :applause: Keep on trucking dude

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=1756

OT: might get Arkadian Warriors since that's so cheap, but I gotta demo it after hearing other's opinions recently. Nothing else for me as I either have it from previous sales or don't want it. My wallet is pretty much safe till mid October

lol...I got a new phone from my job (GS3) and sold my HD7.

What an exaggerated stretch.

76561198014930049.png

#6885 Dthib87

Dthib87

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

God damn, microsoft servers are shitty these last few days.

#6886 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

So now you can get achievements in Happy Wars. Fun little game that! :D

#6887 hellhunde

hellhunde

Snuffleupagus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

I picked it up as well. Enjoyed the first two chapters...can't wait to try the multiplayer.

I didn't care for the multiplayer, but the co-op is solid. Gotta love a game with campaign co-op. Plus, if you're a fan of old-school Transformers, this game will make you giggle with delight. So much nerdy goodness in it. Megatron is gleefully evil and the Decepticon campaign was more enjoyable because of it.

#6888 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

Nights is listed now, but it's giving the same error SA2 is giving. You should be able to get around the problems by buying them from Xbox.com though.

Yep, had to do this earlier this morning. I wanted to first day NiGHTS because one of the people behind the port tweeted that if NiGHTS sells well enough, he can pitch a port of Burning Rangers.

I have no idea if the games actually started downloading. Did your download complete?

#6889 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

Any opinions on Arkadian Warriors or the assault heroes games? They're only $2.50...

#6890 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

Assault Heroes 1 was worth $2.50, I bought Assault Heroes 2 for that same price but haven't played it yet.

Arkadian Warriors cameras are ass-backwards to me, and there's no way to change this in-game, so I won't be buying it.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#6891 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

Assault Heroes 1 was worth $2.50, I bought Assault Heroes 2 for that same price but haven't played it yet.

AH 2 is long and tedious. Both me and my buddy were tired from it after final zone. Now i see why this game has high ratio in TrueAchievements.

#6892 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#6893 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

Surprised to see the OP title updated, you shoulda said hi Reddjoey!

Anyways, I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only one the other day to have Marketplace purchasing issues. Between that and the massive delay with the Trials DLC and the mess-ups with Sonic & Nights on the Marketplace, I'd say the XBLM is in shambles. Shambles!

Regarding the OP (because you all know I need to weigh in), definitely agree about the need for spoiler tags for the music sales, I just honestly didn't think of it. I've viewed my job here more as content-edits and maybe some changes in the ways things are written. I've left most of the format and making the OP pretty, up to the master of aesthetics, Cornelius, who as he said is just trying to suit the OP to the public's preference as best as possible.

I'm also pro-OP being a wiki obviously, the whole reason it became a wiki in the first place was because the maintenance of this thread just is too big and frequent to be a one-man job, and this way it's easier for people to weigh in. Nobody is in "control" of the OP or anything, but it's obviously influenced by the volunteers who put the most work into it, and the lot of us have a general idea of the system we prefer, so random spoiler tags everywhere just because.. is something that should be discussed first so we can all reach a consensus. And the second time they were forced into the OP was plainly out of spite, which is you know, bad. The feedback has been good though, which is why I've been pleased to hear people complimenting the OP lately. We volunteers appreciate it.

In regards to the Recently Reduced, I had always planned to put September's into spoiler tags once I got a hold of October's. But I especially left it visible because the first list of drops were entirely unadvertised, and therefore I felt it was more important to leave them visible.

Honestly, I think the rest of the OP is just about fine otherwise. My only complaints are the spacing (which I take some responsibility for) and the random section for the Boombox Avatar item.

The Deal of the Week and the Family Gold Deal should definitely remain separate, and with all the end dates of sales, it just gets too confusing to lump everything together. I will say that for the most part, separating the different sales just makes it easier to see all the related content together, GoD Sale of the Week, Kinect Central and Activision Music DLC are steady enough to deserve their own sections.

I also think that the OP is self-explanatory enough, and the general XBLA discussion is interrelated enough to deals that this topic can remain "loose" with the content of posts, especially on a slow sales week (which is 90% of the year). Nothing important that's posted is left out of the OP, and if you wanna know about a game's quality, you can either check the Metacritic links that are usually included, scour some of the pages for an opinion, or just ask again. Nobody's going to fault you for not reading 20 pages back.

I think that covers just about everything.

tl;dr Aside from a minor tweak or two, I think the system we have in place here is fine.

Excited to get Braid, DF Live, Transformers: WFC, Arkadian Warriors, VF 5: FS, & possibly Monkey Island? when I buy some points over the weekend (I was fortunate enough to find $40 today that I didn't know I had). Thinking about getting Toy Soldiers, all 4 DLCs, World of Keflings & Fable Heroes next week. Gonna wait on picking up SF3 & TS: Cold War just because I have a feeling they'll be on sale again before too long and 600 MSP games are just kinda steep for me right now.

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#6894 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

Yeah, I had issues trying to purchase Nights & SA2, let alone find them, but then I found them on Xbox.com & that's how I got them. Kind of disappointed Nights doesn't have any avatar awards. I assume no gamer pics as well.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6895 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

Surprised to see the OP title updated, you shoulda said hi Reddjoey!

Anyways, I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only one the other day to have Marketplace purchasing issues. Between that and the massive delay with the Trials DLC and the mess-ups with Sonic & Nights on the Marketplace, I'd say the XBLM is in shambles. Shambles!

Regarding the OP (because you all know I need to weigh in), definitely agree about the need for spoiler tags for the music sales, I just honestly didn't think of it. I've viewed my job here more as content-edits and maybe some changes in the ways things are written. I've left most of the format and making the OP pretty, up to the master of aesthetics, Cornelius, who as he said is just trying to suit the OP to the public's preference as best as possible.

I'm also pro-OP being a wiki obviously, the whole reason it became a wiki in the first place was because the maintenance of this thread just is too big and frequent to be a one-man job, and this way it's easier for people to weigh in. Nobody is in "control" of the OP or anything, but it's obviously influenced by the volunteers who put the most work into it, and the lot of us have a general idea of the system we prefer, so random spoiler tags everywhere just because.. is something that should be discussed first so we can all reach a consensus. And the second time they were forced into the OP was plainly out of spite, which is you know, bad. The feedback has been good though, which is why I've been pleased to hear people complimenting the OP lately. We volunteers appreciate it.

In regards to the Recently Reduced, I had always planned to put September's into spoiler tags once I got a hold of October's. But I especially left it visible because the first list of drops were entirely unadvertised, and therefore I felt it was more important to leave them visible.

Honestly, I think the rest of the OP is just about fine otherwise. My only complaints are the spacing (which I take some responsibility for) and the random section for the Boombox Avatar item.

The Deal of the Week and the Family Gold Deal should definitely remain separate, and with all the end dates of sales, it just gets too confusing to lump everything together. I will say that for the most part, separating the different sales just makes it easier to see all the related content together, GoD Sale of the Week, Kinect Central and Activision Music DLC are steady enough to deserve their own sections.

I also think that the OP is self-explanatory enough, and the general XBLA discussion is interrelated enough to deals that this topic can remain "loose" with the content of posts, especially on a slow sales week (which is 90% of the year). Nothing important that's posted is left out of the OP, and if you wanna know about a game's quality, you can either check the Metacritic links that are usually included, scour some of the pages for an opinion, or just ask again. Nobody's going to fault you for not reading 20 pages back.

I think that covers just about everything.

tl;dr Aside from a minor tweak or two, I think the system we have in place here is fine.

Excited to get Braid, DF Live, Transformers: WFC, Arkadian Warriors, VF 5: FS, & possibly Monkey Island? when I buy some points over the weekend (I was fortunate enough to find $40 today that I didn't know I had). Thinking about getting Toy Soldiers, all 4 DLCs, World of Keflings & Fable Heroes next week. Gonna wait on picking up SF3 & TS: Cold War just because I have a feeling they'll be on sale again before too long and 600 MSP games are just kinda steep for me right now.

You can still have the OP be a wiki while having the thread made by an active user so all of the extraneous information in that first post can be moved into subsequent posts like ReddJoey did before he became too busy to take care of the thread. Just shoving all of that information into one post, or linking to a random post in the middle of the thread where more stuff is stored, because you have nowhere else to put it is the reason that somebody needs to step up and make a new thread. Move the detailed explanations, FAQ, and such to posts 2, 3, 4, etc. to let the deal listings be the majority of what's in the OP and it could be an improved & concise OP.

If you have that much to say in defense of it, maybe you're the person that should step up and start the new thread.

#6896 seppuku

seppuku

too many games, not enough time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:03 AM

Any opinions on Arkadian Warriors or the assault heroes games? They're only $2.50...

If you're considering getting both Assault Heroes games, you might also want consider dropping in an extra 200 msp and getting Renegade Ops on sale next week. Mind you I haven't played much of any of those games yet, but my initial impressions are that the 600 msp for Renegade Ops was the better investment for me. Or you could also wait for Gatling Gears to go on sale again, as that was a decent game, but who knows when that will be. However, Assault Heroes 1 or 2 for 200 msp isn't a bad deal.
XBLA wish list: Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds, Double Dragon Neon...
Xbox 360 wish list: Diablo III

#6897 johnpap

johnpap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:07 AM

Fellow CAGs I need your help!
I'm able to buy just 1 game from the following:
1) Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
2) Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
3) Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition

Which one do you think it's better to pull the trigger?
(and yes, I have played all the demos but still can't decide...)

#6898 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:20 AM

If you're not considering picking up the Capcom collection then go with #2. Otherwise, I'd pick #3.
Ironically, I just bought Virtua Fighter 5 FS about 5 minutes ago eventhough I own the disc version. However I did it because I own the other two and want an easy 400 GS. :)

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#6899 Solder

Solder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:38 AM

If I'm right in assuming you're a casual fighting game fan, I'm just going to lay out quick pro's for each, as they all have merit.

VF5: FS - Great game, fairly balanced. Do you prefer 3D fighters?
SF2: ST (HDR) - The most famous of all fighters, classic. Probably the easiest to get into and still very deep if you wish to play it a lot.
SF3: 3S - Visually the best IMO, you can't beat the sprites in 3S. Very demanding execution wise compared to the other two. A lot of fun but not amazingly balanced.

#6900 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:54 AM

VF5FS is a very different beast from the other two, if for no other reason it's 3D. This game and SFIII are ones you have to put some significant time into to be really good. That said, this is the one you can probably button-mash your way through if you're not too good at fighting games. Some bonus costumes and modes are locked behind some fairly pricey DLC, but none of that is mandatory to enjoy the game.

SSFIITHDR is great fun, but obviously it's dated. It's the safest choice of the three.

SFIIITSOE...there's a lot to it. You can certainly play it like SF2 but you aren't going to be competing at a very high level (and that final boss is going to piss you the Fuck off). It's a game I used to strongly dislike, but after picking up this version during a previous sale I've grown to like it a bit. I just don't have the time to put into it to get really good. It does have some nice bonus features (unlockable stuff, mini achievements, etc) that the other two are lacking.

Like I said, HD Remix is the safe choice and you won't be disappointed. If you're the kind of dude who wants something deep, flip a coin on the other two, as they are both very well done...or base it on whether you want a 2D or 3D game.
Posted Image