XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7393 replies to this topic

#7081 locolukah

locolukah

Cheep Arse Lamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:32 AM

They better make a sequel to Iron Brigade...cause it was an AWESOME co-op game!
SWAGBUCKS - Earn Amazon gift cards: http://www.swagbucks...refer/locolukah
- you can earn points via searches, daily activities and codes: http://sc-s.com/
If you have any questions just ask!
Posted Image

#7082 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:45 AM

Anyone else getting worms revolution?

gahhhh! worms is getting so complicated.

I just want a simple online multiplayer artillery game! how about the gorillas PC game from when I was a kid and you're throwing bananas at each other?

Posted Image

Or how about a new Scorched Earth? I could totally go for that!

Posted Image

#7083 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:54 AM

I bought Swarm and Quarrel and both of them are extremely fun im mostly enjoying Quarrel but Swarm is really good too so it was well worth 400Msp for both.

#7084 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:56 AM

I just want a simple online multiplayer artillery game! how about the gorillas PC game from when I was a kid and you're throwing bananas at each other?

Posted Image

Oh my god that picture sure brought memories of when i used to play that as a kid.

#7085 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:01 AM

Iron Brigade's Rise of the Martian Bear is a must-own if you have Iron Brigade. I honestly wouldn't recommend buying Iron Brigade at all if you're not getting the DLC too. Martian Bear adds an epilogue story, but more importantly, 10 more experience levels to progress through, several new campaign levels, and lots of new equipment. Oh, and new Achievements.

Iron Brigade actually does have a loyal community and it shouldn't take more than 5 or 10 minutes to find a group when playing during peak hours. You have to remember that games go on for longer than in many titles, so a little patience helps. Anyway, if you're stuck at level 10 or below and can't play the new missions, you'll have a harder time finding a group. Go all in and you'll be happily unrestricted.

Also, the Martian missions aren't that tough as long as your group is decent. A little building up in survival is actually important in this game, and not some optional thing you should ignore. Survival gives you the EXP and credits you need, plus exclusive equipment, some of which is fantastic. Anyway, build up properly and your team won't have much trouble with Mars at all.

Did I mention that Iron Brigade is a game you play cooperatively with friends/other players, and not very much by yourself? Yeah.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#7086 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:05 AM

Just played through the Toy Soldiers Invasion! DLC tonight. Took me about 2 hours on Normal difficulty to get through the 3 campaign levels and brought back a lot of awesome memories of the game. It's probably my favorite of the 4 DLCs, though it does have one glitchy achievement "Rocketman" which made me replay 2 full levels, which sucked.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#7087 yamayama

yamayama

•• Professional Beta Tester •• (give me free stuff)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

Iron Brigade's Rise of the Martian Bear is a must-own if you have Iron Brigade. I honestly wouldn't recommend buying Iron Brigade at all if you're not getting the DLC too. Martian Bear adds an epilogue story, but more importantly, 10 more experience levels to progress through, several new campaign levels, and lots of new equipment. Oh, and new Achievements.

Iron Brigade actually does have a loyal community and it shouldn't take more than 5 or 10 minutes to find a group when playing during peak hours. You have to remember that games go on for longer than in many titles, so a little patience helps. Anyway, if you're stuck at level 10 or below and can't play the new missions, you'll have a harder time finding a group. Go all in and you'll be happily unrestricted.

Also, the Martian missions aren't that tough as long as your group is decent. A little building up in survival is actually important in this game, and not some optional thing you should ignore. Survival gives you the EXP and credits you need, plus exclusive equipment, some of which is fantastic. Anyway, build up properly and your team won't have much trouble with Mars at all.

Did I mention that Iron Brigade is a game you play cooperatively with friends/other players, and not very much by yourself? Yeah.

Okay fine, I'll buy it but are you going to help me with the co-op?

8-)

«‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»

#7088 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

Okay fine, I'll buy it but are you going to help me with the co-op?

8-)

That would be great, dude. I'm always down for Iron Brigade as it's one of my favorite games and I still need a few Achievements. Text me and we'll set it up.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#7089 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

I'm in for some Iron Brigade action as well. I've had it since last sale but not very far in.

apathy.gif                                                                                                                                     NothingfaceICON1.gif

#7090 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

Lol, oh god. This is what I was afraid of. I'm all for letting us get off-topic but remaining in the realm of XBLM stuff, but this cannot be a "let's be friends and play these games on XBL" thread because I know people are gonna have a problem with it, and attribute it to the general off-topicness of this thread. If I thought that was okay in here, you'd have seen a ton of posts to that effect by now, lol.

So I think the rule should be, if you have something OT and constructive to say and just kinda add a little note like that at the bottom (no need for spoiler tags), that's fine. But a post in here should not be primarily to plan such things.

Is everyone cool with that?

I just don't want to see a whole page of posts just saying "Oh add me on Iron Brigade, gamertag is Blahblahblah". I think that'd make everyone happy.

OT: I was right about Catherine being the GoD of the week. Does anyone know if it's eligible for the promo?

Also, gonna remove last week's sales now that they're no good. And officially update the Recently Reduced with what I saw on my dashboard last night. Did anyone else notice that Sonic Adventure is in the September AND October tabs? Guess October needed another "price drop" for the page.

Tangent: Part of the Double Fine sale, Brutal Legend for 360 is $10 from the Double Fine site (unsure of shipping and such) and the SIGNED edition for 360 is $20. I assume it just is signed with no other bonus. Also, sad that Psychonauts is only on sale on Steam. :(

Off-topic: Am also up for Iron Brigade action and such, though I probably need to level up some more. Gamertag's to the left. Will most likely not be on tonight, letting my dad enjoy the birthday copy of Dishonored I gave him.

Edited by BobbyTastic, 10 October 2012 - 03:52 PM.
Edited for clarity, because my phrasing was horrible.

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#7091 thenutman69321

thenutman69321

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

Who cares how off topic people get. If you're not interested in playing Iron Brigade with them read on, it shouldn't bother you none.

TheNutman69321.png

#7092 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

From x360a

First up, bonkers over-the-top shooter Serious Sam 3: BFE (released last year on PC) hits XBLA next Wednesday, on the 17th October. As previously revealed the game will cost 1200 MSP, plus a further 1200 MSP if you want the multiplayer suite and Jewel in the Nile expansion.

Meanwhile, the fondly-remembered Megadrive classic ToeJam & Earl now has an official XBLA release date. It’ll funk its way to Xbox Live on November 7th. MCV is reporting that you will be able to pick up a bundle of the game and its sequel, Panic on Funkotron, for 800 MSP.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#7093 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

Who cares how off topic people get. If you're not interested in playing Iron Brigade with them read on, it shouldn't bother you none.

Agreed. I've never understood why people get so upset over off-topic posts. Unless they're taking up several pages and are comprised of nothing but spam, it only takes a few seconds at most to scroll past them.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#7094 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

Yeah, I don't have any problem with it. I don't have any desire to play it online and don't even particularly care for the game, so if I see someone mention it I just skip over their post.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#7095 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

From x360a
Meanwhile, the fondly-remembered Megadrive classic ToeJam & Earl now has an official XBLA release date. It’ll funk its way to Xbox Live on November 7th. MCV is reporting that you will be able to pick up a bundle of the game and its sequel, Panic on Funkotron, for 800 MSP.

MOTHERfuckin' A :booty::drool:

I've been stalwartly enduring the speculation of a release date for far too long! Day 1 purchase.

apathy.gif                                                                                                                                     NothingfaceICON1.gif

#7096 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

Okay, fine. Let me rephrase my request, which re-reading it, I can see how you can think that such posts bother me.

Do I PERSONALLY mind? No, I'd be right there with you. What I was trying to say was that if I thought it was okay for this topic to become something like that, I would have been making posts like that already (since I've been tempted to many times).

Can I see people making complaints about it? Yes. Only a few pages back some people were saying how unhappy they were with how off-topic this topic gets already (and how many pages there are because of it), and as I said, I think the current level of off-topicness is okay, and I don't see there being legitimate grounds for any intervention.

I was just trying to suggest a rule that would avoid a future problem, and limit any "technical" rule-breaking. And also, myself and the other volunteers who maintain this thread weekly want this thread to inform and be as helpful to as many people as possible.

And let's face it, there are several people on this site who are sticklers when it comes to forum rules, particularly in the "deals" section. *cough* Gargus *cough*

This thread is so big and constantly maintained that we tend to get some leniency when it comes to off-deal topic discussion, but if the scenario I am afraid of starts coming up, I can absolutely see people complaining which may ultimately result in this thread's discussion being moderated, etc. Which is you know, bad.

Does that make sense?

Edit: Please tell me someone else gets that I'm just trying to be accomodating to those opposed to all this off-topic discussion. And I'm not complaining, I'm clarifying and explaining a legitimate opinion. Huge difference, imo. I'm not a thread policeman, damnit. It was just a suggestion, I was asking for feedback to a middle-of-the-road approach meant to cut down on post count, which is something that has already been complained about in here.

I'm not sure why, but such an accusation really frustrates me. Was I not one of the first people a number of pages back to offer up my GT for FX2? I'm obviously in favour of such a thing, but am trying to think about what's best for everyone.

Edited by BobbyTastic, 11 October 2012 - 12:24 AM.
After re-reading this post a million different times, I think this is the best it's gonna look.

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#7097 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

You're wasting a ton of page space complaining about it mr. thread policeman.

#7098 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

Seeing people get off topic and discuss setting up some online groups makes me interested to buy that game/DLC. So I thank you OT posters!

Some good sales this week. I need to take a break from Pokemon White 2 (message me for FC) to try sone demoes.

Also, I highly suggest Costume Quest and its DLC. It's a great game to get you in the Halloween spirit plus some nice avatar items.

#7099 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

I also am a huge fan of the off topic posting in this thread, it's why I come here. In fact, there are about a half dozen people that post here on my friends list from the last time Iron Brigade and its DLC went on sale.

We added each other in the same fashion many here are doing now and I don't regret it one bit. The Martian Bear DLC (and the game) really IS a whole lot more fun and accessible with teamwork and cooperative play.

Even though I finished off Iron Brigade and the achievements, I would offer to play with anyone but I'm waiting for Microsoft to make me an offer I can't refuse to re-up my gold account that expired last Saturday.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#7100 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

Expensive week for me. So far I've picked up Iron Brigade + DLC, World of Keflings, Toy Soldiers, and Splatters. Debating on the DLC for Stacking and Toy Soldiers and I'll also most likely pick up Quarrel, Swarm, and Mercury HG as well.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#7101 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

Do you guys think the Dead Island DLC is worth it?

I can trade in my vanilla copy for $16 at GS and I can buy the GOTY copy for $20 at Best Buy. Is the DLC worth $4?

(GOTY is $20 with @gamer coupon at BB. The approximate $16 GS TIV is for pure unlocked members).

No. The arena mode is ok for XP grinding and the grinder bat is a decent beginning weapon, but the Ryder White DLC is shit.

FYI everything but the Ryder White DLC was in the GS-exclusive pre-order special edition (DLC voucher code) of the game if you can find a copy w/code at your local store (it has a red cover and says Dead Island Special Edition on it.)

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#7102 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

Anyone convince me on World of Keflings? I don't own, nor have I played, the original not that I expect that matters much but the screens and desc didn't necessarily hook me. Gonna try the trial in a bit.

#7103 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

Anyone convince me on World of Keflings? I don't own, nor have I played, the original not that I expect that matters much but the screens and desc didn't necessarily hook me. Gonna try the trial in a bit.

Just try the demo. The game is awesome, but it's a little bit different. Make sure to play through the whole trial and see if you start finding the gameplay addictive. If you don't, the game might not be for you.

For what it's worth, I hated the Keflings demo the first time I played it, but loved it the 2nd time.

#7104 PrinnyJ

PrinnyJ

Stay@HomeDad Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

gahhhh! worms is getting so complicated.

Posted Image

Or how about a new Scorched Earth? I could totally go for that!

Posted Image

Ho, I loved that gorilla game! I used to play it in high school computer science and the group of us modified the s**t out of that game with giant explosions and weird looking gorillas, lol. Good times. :lol:

f9509b11-21f8-4b63-811c-78542e58e3cf_zps

Latest reviews: Spec Ops: The Line (PS3)

Battle Princess of Arcadias (PS3)

New!  "Game Rants" now available exclusively on the X-Pound Proboards: Is E3 Relevant?

Latest video: PAX 2013: Bayonetta 2 Impressions   |   Check out the latest XGR podcast on Youtube!

#7105 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

Its a fantastic game. You'll easily get $5 worth of fun from it. It's a great way to you unwind after playing more intense games. You just play at your own pace and enjoy. I know a bunch of people who were sure they weren't going to like it, but ended up loving the game.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#7106 Fear No Darkness

Fear No Darkness

So say we all!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

You're wasting a ton of page space complaining about it mr. thread policeman.

This. You're not a mod so just be quiet. I love this thread and I don't want it changed or clamped down on. There's tons of useful info in here, besides just oh X is on sale for X price.
The end of an era, RIP Amazon.
(As of Sept. Amazon charges tax in the state of PA)

How many fanboys does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
10, 1 to do it & 9 to complain how much better the 1st one was.

#7107 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

Okay, fine. Let me rephrase my request, which re-reading it, I can see how you can think that such posts bother me.

Do I PERSONALLY mind? No, I'd be right there with you. What I was trying to say was that if I thought it was okay for this topic to become something like that, I would have been making posts like that already (since I've been tempted to many times).

Can I see people making complaints about it? Yes. Only a few pages back some people were saying how unhappy they were with how off-topic this topic gets already (and how many pages there are because of it), and as I said, I think the level of current off-topicness is okay, and I don't see there being legitimate grounds for any intervention.

I was just trying to suggest a rule that would avoid a future problem, and limit any "technical" rule-breaking. And also, myself and the other volunteers who maintain this thread weekly want this thread to inform and be as helpful to as many people as possible.

didn't you get the memo? this thread is the "everything goes" thread. how's your grandparents? Isn't autumn looking mighty pretty?

#7108 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:31 AM

Thanks for giving me the push I needed guys, bit on Keflings.

Already lost an hour to what seemed like 15 minutes. This game is deceiving.

#7109 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:26 AM

Got Catherine for 20 bones. Didn't seem to bad considering how much left over points I had and the deals I got on points over the years.

#7110 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:49 AM

Edit: Please tell me someone else gets that I'm just trying to be accommodating to those opposed to all this off-topic discussion.

No. This thread is not the usual "post a deal" thread.
It's about any discussions related to Xbox Live games.

Check the first post for the deals and then move on.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.