Free Shipping at Half.com

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#121 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:51 AM

damn how do you change shipping? It wouldn't let me change from ground. Since its late i didn't want to risk losing the code and just let it pass with that =( only used about 11 of the 25 dollars max

Picked up some old PS2/xbox games for cheap. Complete and in Like new condition
Bloodrayne
Neo contra
Red Ninja: End of Honor
Nightcaster

all for about 15 bucks. Not too bad. Wish i could have got faster shipping though
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#122 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Go Kings!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:01 AM

damn how do you change shipping? It wouldn't let me change from ground. Since its late i didn't want to risk losing the code and just let it pass with that =( only used about 11 of the 25 dollars max

Picked up some old PS2/xbox games for cheap. Complete and in Like new condition
Bloodrayne
Neo contra
Red Ninja: End of Honor
Nightcaster

all for about 15 bucks. Not too bad. Wish i could have got faster shipping though

These items are sold by sellers who all have different shipping policies.

Some sellers don't offer expedited shipping so you are stuck with media mail.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#123 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:14 AM

The code is still working as of 4am. I can't believe I placed another order.

I just realized now that I fit a bunch of media formats all into one order. I bought 1 Wii game, 1 ps3 game, 3 xbox 360 games, 1 blu-ray, 1 hd dvd, and 1 DVD for $25 total shipped. If I bought them all from the same seller, he would have thought I was on crack. :-)

My mail person is definitely going to think I'm on crack or something when they deliver like 50+ separate packages to my house over the next couple weeks.

#124 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:17 AM

My mail person is definitely going to think I'm on crack or something when they deliver like 50+ separate packages to my house over the next couple weeks.

My mail person already hates me because of my GoHastings orders... this is going to be an insane 2-3 weeks of packages.

#125 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:18 AM

I'm starting to consider this deal of the year so far, hah.

#126 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:40 AM

Fn stoked I saw this thread. I was thinking of buying Demon Souls yesterday for $11 + $3.49 shipping and Time Crisis Razing Storm for $20 + $3.49 shipping but I baulked. But now I"m going for both.

#127 AteBit

AteBit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

To place a 4th order that is the question :-k

Posted ImagePosted Image

#128 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:37 AM

Yes, multiple accounts. I created 2 accounts and my wife did the same so we got 6 orders for tons of shit: books, CDs, games (DJ Hero New for $2!) and so on.

Awesome, thanks. Last evening I made a second account and bought another round of 7 games with FREESHIP. Mostly older stuff including a $6 Halo 3.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png

#129 chimpian

chimpian

Now 10% more chimp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM

thanks op I got a few that have been sitting on my list with a wish for price of $5.
Got all these for a little over $11.

i nabbed: jet force gemini for n64
rise of the argonauts for ps3
call of duty 3 360
vivat grendel

Posted Image

#130 TXboxGuY

TXboxGuY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:19 AM

I was getting frustrated yesterday with balancing a $10 minimum amount of purchases while keeping my shipping near $25.

Did an order for some BOOKS that came to $10.66 with a $24.93 shipping credit. 7 items in total.

#131 XF Gator

XF Gator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

These items are sold by sellers who all have different shipping policies.

Some sellers don't offer expedited shipping so you are stuck with media mail.

Expedited shipping is only offered for sellers with strong track records, similar to eBay PowerSeller status.

The fee structure for Half.com is interesting, it's a straight 15% of the purchase price and 90% or so of the shipping fee is credited to the seller. There's no 3% PayPal fee, so it's not too bad for sellers.

Anyone ever sold on Amazon?

#132 United_Korea

United_Korea

we thinX it's gr8.8

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:35 PM

bought so much crap.
:ps3: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken Tag Tournament 2
:360: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
:pc: Diablo III

#133 myjester2112

myjester2112

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:38 PM

My mail person already hates me because of my GoHastings orders... this is going to be an insane 2-3 weeks of packages.

My mailman told me he has no problem with the packages, it lets him keep his job haha.

#134 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:06 PM

Something annoying about Half.com -- is that the default release date on Asura's Wrath is set in the future... meaning you have no option to buy the game... even though sellers have it listed. Odd.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png

#135 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:52 PM

Several items have arrived, and, as usual, several aren't even close to their correct condition. Sigh. Don't feel like fighting with the sellers. The free shipping made it worth it.

cagSig.png515886.png

#136 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

Several items have arrived, and, as usual, several aren't even close to their correct condition. Sigh. Don't feel like fighting with the sellers. The free shipping made it worth it.

Act as would had you paid for the shipping.

#137 LLeopardGGecko

LLeopardGGecko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:04 PM

I can second the condition notion. Ordered games in Very Good to Good condition and two of them look as if they crawled here over miles of jagged rocks. Already got a refund from one seller. Hoping that the rest of my games arrive is the described condition. Bleh.

#138 ReaverX13

ReaverX13

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

I was able to use the FREESHIP coupon today! Got All GTA games for PS1/PS2 except for San Andreas since I already own that one. All for 13 bucks!

Got
GTA 1/2 and London for PS1
GTA 3/ Vice City/ Liberty City Stories/ Vice City Stories for PS2

#139 hellmutt

hellmutt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:12 PM

thanks for the heads up on this, ordered 5 books and we'll see what condition they arrive in!
Posted Image

#140 Stele

Stele

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:13 PM

Yeah, you're just hoarding crap (literally mostly crappy games that are in crappy condition), so what does it matter?

#141 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

My Hey You Pikachu copy came with the label torn off. Was like 90 cents though, so I can't complain. I only got it to fill in the free shipping allotment. Everything else I've got in has been in great condition.

#142 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:05 PM

I haven't got anything yet, but I'm in agreement that you need to hold sellers to the listing standards. Half.Com's are way more lenient with their item condition listing standards than even eBay or Amazon Marketplace though, so I imagine it could be an uphill battle. But if the dispute process is anything like eBay/PayPal's, it should be in the buyer's favor.

It might sound like overkill but I did my best to research everyone I purchased from - who had the most detailed item condition listings, who had the best feedback. You'd be amazed at the sellers with 98% positive feedback who have like 15 complaints against them this past month because items weren't in the condition stated, or the seller never shipped the item. That's a huge red flag to me, because while they're usually high volume sellers, chances are there's more people who don't even bother with feedback who had bad experiences, and it seems like the odds of getting something in poor condition are higher with them than just some person with 100% positive seller feedback selling their stuff on a personal and not business level. I'd rather order from someone like that than one of these giant resellers or the companies that group listings from all of the major resellers like Alibris or what have you.

#143 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:13 PM

I'm starting to consider this deal of the year so far, hah.

haha. It's most definitely deal of the year for hoarding old crap that's less than two dollars. :) I bought a couple things that were $10 or more, but most everything is just cheap stuff.

#144 eXiON

eXiON

A Wild CAG has appeared!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:28 PM

I haven't got anything yet, but I'm in agreement that you need to hold sellers to the listing standards. Half.Com's are way more lenient with their item condition listing standards than even eBay or Amazon Marketplace though, so I imagine it could be an uphill battle. But if the dispute process is anything like eBay/PayPal's, it should be in the buyer's favor.

It might sound like overkill but I did my best to research everyone I purchased from - who had the most detailed item condition listings, who had the best feedback. You'd be amazed at the sellers with 98% positive feedback who have like 15 complaints against them this past month because items weren't in the condition stated, or the seller never shipped the item. That's a huge red flag to me, because while they're usually high volume sellers, chances are there's more people who don't even bother with feedback who had bad experiences, and it seems like the odds of getting something in poor condition are higher with them than just some person with 100% positive seller feedback selling their stuff on a personal and not business level. I'd rather order from someone like that than one of these giant resellers or the companies that group listings from all of the major resellers like Alibris or what have you.

Funny you post this, I finally received my Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition PS3 game that was supposed to be (Like New).

Yeah right, the game's case was completely beat up, had 4 stickers on the back and the top of the spine it looked like a dog had chewed on it. Not to mention it has a "MLB" sticker, so this punk definitely swapped cases.

The guy has 2500 something + feedback, and only 2 negatives so I figured it was a safe buy from him. I only shelled $9 but it still ticks me off when people so blatantly lie about the shape of the item. Although I guess it could've been a user error, not sure if he's a store or what. I'm definitely not keeping this crap though that's for sure, so going to see what he says before sending it back.

#145 sayu

sayu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:57 PM

Received my Like New GunValkyrie, and it came in a generic dvd case. I informed the seller - wasn't even going to leave negative feedback - that it should have come in a green case. He responded by saying that the game and insert were in Like New condition, so there was nothing wrong. :roll: Not going to argue this :censored: again.

My Very Good condition Dino Crisis came in a completely destroyed case with red and white gunk all over it. Probably won't be able to find another one of these special 2-disc jewel cases, but oh well.

Neither of these were too bad, and everything else so far has arrived in appropriate condition.

#146 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:00 AM

Received my Like New GunValkyrie, and it came in a generic dvd case. I informed the seller - wasn't even going to leave negative feedback - that it should have come in a green case. He responded by saying that the game and insert were in Like New condition, so there was nothing wrong. :roll: Not going to argue this :censored: again.

My Very Good condition Dino Crisis came in a completely destroyed case with red and white gunk all over it. Probably won't be able to find another one of these special 2-disc jewel cases, but oh well.

Neither of these were too bad, and everything else so far has arrived in appropriate condition.

Sounds pretty bad to me, along with one pretty arrogant seller. Why not just leave them negative feedback even if you don't want to argue with them.

#147 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:44 AM

So far I have been blessed / lucky with my stuff. Some of my 75 cents CDs are brand spanking new even though they were advertised as "good" (including Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie 2 CD for 75 cents :)) . My $2 DJ Hero (360) came in brand new and sealed. I have not received my books so we will see. Rock Band 1 came in almost new ($1) and Rock Band 2 was clearly used by a family but can't complain for 75 cents. My wife got her books and some of them were new and others were fine with no marks or anything.

I haven't bought many games since I have a massive 3 year log but CDs and books have arrived perfectly. Hope don't jinx myself...

Total damage has been 4 orders for me and 4 more for the wife.

20+ CDs, 3 games and 6 books for me = $48 plus the damage done by my wife.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#148 sayu

sayu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:02 AM

Sounds pretty bad to me, along with one pretty arrogant seller. Why not just leave them negative feedback even if you don't want to argue with them.

Oh yeah, I left negative feedback for the one. I haven't contacted the other yet.

#149 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:03 AM

Just got my copy of Chameleon Twist that I ordered, ended up being the second game instead of the first. I actually don't mind though since the second game is a bit harder to come by/expensive and I don't have it. Makes me hope that the rest of the stuff I ordered comes in okay.

#150 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:39 AM

You're 100% correct on this. Generic case means it's not like new. The seller could have at least apologized or accepted the fact that he made a mistake.