The Official CAG January 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
238 replies to this topic

#91 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

wiggy, how do the print outs of the covers look? I might end up needing to do it. but i am very picky, i know you do A LOT of this stuff so...

They look great if that's what you're into. How do you mean exactly? Like the quality? If so, it all depends on the source material (scans, images) and printer/ink/paper.

Paper choice is THE most important thing. A lot of folks on TCP have it in their head that it takes a $1K+ printer to make excellent prints. Not true. Spend a few bucks on good paper and almost any $100 Wal Fart printer can make beautiful printouts for ya.

It's really fun, but can be time and money consuming. Don't know how many games you're talking about casing, but it's easily $1.50-2.00 per game after cost of cases, paper, ink, Xacto blades, etc. Just so you know what you're getting into.

#92 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

They look great if that's what you're into. How do you mean exactly? Like the quality? If so, it all depends on the source material (scans, images) and printer/ink/paper.

Paper choice is THE most important thing. A lot of folks on TCP have it in their head that it takes a $1K+ printer to make excellent prints. Not true. Spend a few bucks on good paper and almost any $100 Wal Fart printer can make beautiful printouts for ya.

It's really fun, but can be time and money consuming. Don't know how many games you're talking about casing, but it's easily $1.50-2.00 per game after cost of cases, paper, ink, Xacto blades, etc. Just so you know what you're getting into.

Ive been using The Cover Project forever now. Love that site. I really need to invest in some of those "universal cases for the retro games. I just can't bring myself to spend the money yet....but anytime I need to make a case for any of the "dvd case style games," the cover project is perfect.

#93 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

What kind of paper do you use? I bought a cutter, and UGCs, still need to get some decent paper. Sorry off topic.

#94 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

I recommend this paper to EVERYONE. You won't be sorry. Each box will net you 200 UGC covers or 300 DS case covers.

http://www.adorama.com/IESS041605.html

Decided it's time to start growing my PSP collection from the 2 measly games that I had :P

Posted Image

#95 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

My game pick ups.
Spoiler

My blu-ray anime collection is fairly small, so these sales were cool.

Haruhi, Lucky Star, Gurren Lagann, and Code Geass were actually Dec pick ups. But I included them to show how nuts I went. I made a 2nd order this month and just decided to get every cheap CE they had. I hope to fill in the blanks down the road.
Spoiler

#96 Barney

Barney

Barnito Knows Best!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

pictures?

Posted Image

#97 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

Been awhile since I've posted pickups.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#98 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

I swear I've seen you post some of those before. Are you just starting to go back to your shelves and randomly grab stuff to show off again? :P

#99 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

I swear I've seen you post some of those before. Are you just starting to go back to your shelves and randomly grab stuff to show off again? :P

I sometimes pick up duplicates of anime just as people do with games, so that could be it, but nothing from these pictures are duplicates, so I dunno what to tell ya. :3
Posted Image

#100 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

You didn't already have Shana?

#101 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

pictures?

Mine? I could swear they are working, no? I'll try image shack if not.

#102 Barney

Barney

Barnito Knows Best!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:22 AM

Mine? I could swear they are working, no? I'll try image shack if not.

they working now. they weren't the first time i checked :D

Posted Image

#103 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

If you don't find space for Two Worlds in your already filled space of anime I will gladly take it from you, =P that thing is huge!

#104 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

I sometimes pick up duplicates of anime just as people do with games, so that could be it, but nothing from these pictures are duplicates, so I dunno what to tell ya. :3

LOL! I was completely joking, but it's good to see that you actually are that level of crazy collector ;)

I was mostly shocked that you didn't already have that SF disc.

#105 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

It's actually not that hard, I do it all the time with movies. The biggest one is with NES games, I really need to catalog what I have because I'm always buying dupes.

#106 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

LOL! I was completely joking, but it's good to see that you actually are that level of crazy collector ;)

I was mostly shocked that you didn't already have that SF disc.

I know you were, but a realistic answer applied in this case, so why not. ;D
Posted Image

#107 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

I know you knew that I knew that, err, wait, what am I saying again?

Shoryuken!!!!!!!!

#108 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

If I can duplicates of anime for pretty cheap, I wouldn't mind buying them. :lol:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#109 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

Been so long. Nice to be in the green.
Dragon's Dogma with credit from Best Buy for $40. Zero Escape trade with CAG, and 3DS case from Club Nintendo.
Posted Image
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#110 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Love those 3DS cases! Want one so bad.

Nothing exciting here, but I've been looking for Fearless Vampire Killers forever, so I'm excited :D

Posted Image

The 3 games were a buck a pop, so I couldn't pass em up.

#111 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

Posted Image
Still don't have a 3DS (I'm still waiting for a bundle to my liking). So glad I was on CAG when KH 3D popped up in stock. Went and snagged Abyss today with a PUR coupon. Shockingly they still had a sealed one :shock:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
After I made that thread about PS2, I decided to stop by all the pawn shops in town cuz I had not been to them in a while. I hit a jackpot at one of them. Weird combo of games here but I asked the guy and he said some kid brought these in so pretty much all from the same person. Anywho. They were supposed to be $2 each. Talked him down to give me a discount cuz he had been sitting on these for a while. Got 41 games for $65 :D Awesome thing is alot of these I have been wanting and need for the ole collection. I hate to think what I might have missed out on. Need to hit up the pawn shops around here a lot more often! I did procure a few doubles from this lot too. I have em up on my TL.

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#112 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:34 AM

Good job on those PS2 games!

Now send those 3DS games to someone who can actually play them, like me ;)

#113 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

I keep missing Kingdom hearts, so sad as i want it bad.
Now Playing:

#114 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

I keep missing Kingdom hearts, so sad as i want it bad.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#115 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

Newest pickup.

Posted Image

#116 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

Posted Image
Stopped back by the videogame section while I was at Wal-Mart earlier this evening and found these. I didn't hoard them all, I left 2 on the rack at the end cap. May keep 1 or just eBay all 4 of these. :lol:

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#117 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

Posted Image
Stopped back by the videogame section while I was at Wal-Mart earlier this evening and found these. I didn't hoard them all, I left 2 on the rack at the end cap. May keep 1 or just eBay all 4 of these. :lol:

Why? Are they rare?
Now Playing:

#118 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

Final issue.

#119 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

I would have picked them all up, they have had enough shelf time if there were six sitting there.

#120 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

Why do people think they are worth money? I'm sure they printed off a zillion copies and EVERYONE is buying 2 or more. They won't EVER be worth anything.