• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#61 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

yeah. same here and they screw me everytime. lol
i get ratchet, dmc, mgs, tr, sc, sotc/ico, and then they go so cheap and i havnt even touched them.
i just told my wife that this is such a great deal for 2 great games and dlc, and she's like yeah but you have most of it, and im like yeah, but imagine if i didn't. lol. im a fool...
i told her when ps4 comes out to tell me not to buy anything for first few years so i can flip out when i get the top games collections like mass effect trilogy, ezio tril, this, etc for cheap. im a cag, but it's hard for me to be patient! i gotta knock out my backlog before ps4. lol

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#62 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

I'll have to consider this one. Loved the first BioShock. Second was a rehash but still decent. Price isn't too unreasonable. And I do like to support companies that offer on-disc versions of their DLC. Thinking I might go for it. Any idea how "limited" it is?

#63 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

yeah. same here and they screw me everytime. lol
i get ratchet, dmc, mgs, tr, sc, sotc/ico, and then they go so cheap and i havnt even touched them.
i just told my wife that this is such a great deal for 2 great games and dlc, and she's like yeah but you have most of it, and im like yeah, but imagine if i didn't. lol. im a fool...
i told her when ps4 comes out to tell me not to buy anything for first few years so i can flip out when i get the top games collections like mass effect trilogy, ezio tril, this, etc for cheap. im a cag, but it's hard for me to be patient! i gotta knock out my backlog before ps4. lol

Ha, I'm even worse since I have a 360 too. My room is just filled with games on games on games, and like at least a 1/3 are still sealed. My backlog(only this gen, meaning 360, ps3 and Wii) is probably well over a 100 to finish, and if we expand that to handhelds and older systems.. well... I don't want to talk about it.

#64 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

Bioshock is probably my favorite game of all time.

+1

Gahhh I hate cash ins......

You can pick up both games plus Minerva's Den for cheaper separately.
Minerva's Den is the only DLC possibly worth it anyway.

Wrong. If you plan on playing bio 2 multiplayer, The Sinclair solutions pack is essential. (It is the only DLC I have ever purchased)

The DLC is $35 alone for bioshock 2 last time I checked. I believe the bioshock 1 DLC is $9.99.

I encourage everyone to play bio 2 mutiplayer, so I can roll you and call you names over my mic. :lol: Seriously, I have a problem, but if you guys send me a request and note that you know me from CAG, I will add you and help you out.

#65 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

Two years later, the multiplayer for this community is still active?

I thought it was dead on arrival lol.
PC master race.

#66 Ralph444

Ralph444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

Multiplayer is a joke.

Supremely unbalanced with certain combinations pretty much unbeatable.
It's a fun thing to try out if you must.... but even Call of Duty is more balanced.

You don't miss out on much by passing on the multiplayer. Single player is all you really need focus on.

#67 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

Two years later, the multiplayer for this community is still active?

I thought it was dead on arrival lol.

It is most active on Friday nights. Usually CW and CTS is all people play. There is a dedicated core group that always plays.

You can level up and unlock weapons as you play. It can be a PITA if you have level 50 dbags playing against you. Best thing to do is leave if you notice a lot of high levels in the lobby, pick up the read vials and hack everything you can to level up.

#68 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

1. Shepsheppard thinks this is a deal and good news. 2. Shep thinks that people who say news =deal in a thread is mad bc they didnt post this deal.

1. Deal = MSRP? We must have a different understanding of what a deal is. Are we going to see all collection announcements in the deals section? a thread for Killzone Collection, God of War Collection, Jak and Daxter Collection, Resistance Collection and so on. Awesome.

2. Mad? Nah, I bought Bioshock 2 for $5 and Bioshock for $10. That's cheaper than this collection.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#69 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Would buy for PS3 if they fixed it so it didn't run and look worse then on 360.

#70 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

This will be my new standard response to threads with nothing but complainers in it. I expect you will be seeing it a lot.

http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=29171

#71 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

I'm getting this. I never did finish Bio 1.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#72 Neo Queen Serenity

Neo Queen Serenity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

Amazon has them up now.

Xbox
http://www.amazon.co...d=ATVPDKIKX0DER

PS3
http://www.amazon.co...d=ATVPDKIKX0DER

#73 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

I knew I was waiting on Bioshock 2 for a reason...awesome.

uc.png

#74 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

Collectible Stickers? Count me in!

That being said it is a pretty good value if you really like the franchise although Bioshock 1 and 2 can be found for dirt cheap.

http://www.gamestop..../bioshock/61768
http://www.bestbuy.c...t=bioshock&lp=2&cp=1

No, no it can't. Add the DLC and being new this is the most amazing value.

#75 Jqwerty

Jqwerty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

This will be my new standard response to threads with nothing but complainers in it. I expect you will be seeing it a lot.

http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=29171

I love Sam Axe.

#76 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

1. Deal = MSRP? We must have a different understanding of what a deal is. Are we going to see all collection announcements in the deals section? a thread for Killzone Collection, God of War Collection, Jak and Daxter Collection, Resistance Collection and so on. Awesome.

2. Mad? Nah, I bought Bioshock 2 for $5 and Bioshock for $10. That's cheaper than this collection.

Deal = good VALUE, I hear you got both games for 15$, how much would you spend on that dlc?

#77 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Btw

If you guys still havent played BIO 1/2, there are people regularly selling steam keys in the steam trade thread for one or two dollars.

Provided, your pc is capable enough to run a four year old game.

Someone pointed out the pack that Amazon is selling that includes Bioshock 1 & 2 for like $9.99.

Alas, I'm a Mac guy, so I don't have a computer that would be able to play the game.

I threw $15 of my Amazon visa credit at the order anyway so I'm getting it for (technically) $15.

oIi9lub.png

#78 chaosgamer

chaosgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

Prolly gonna get it

Games Playing

:wii:  - Pandora's Tower, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

:ps3: - Wolfenstein The New Order, Kingdom Hearts Remix, Child Of Light

EXTREMEULTIMATE.png

#79 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

+1

Wrong. If you plan on playing bio 2 multiplayer, The Sinclair solutions pack is essential. (It is the only DLC I have ever purchased)

The DLC is $35 alone for bioshock 2 last time I checked. I believe the bioshock 1 DLC is $9.99.

I encourage everyone to play bio 2 mutiplayer, so I can roll you and call you names over my mic. :lol: Seriously, I have a problem, but if you guys send me a request and note that you know me from CAG, I will add you and help you out.

Why is the Sinclair Solutions pack essential? I got to level 50 without buying any DLC so I'm wondering what I missed.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#80 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Why is the Sinclair Solutions pack essential? I got to level 50 without buying any DLC so I'm wondering what I missed.

The level 40-50 increase and the extra mod for each weapon class. Extended clip for elephant gun, fire boost for MG, etc.

I believe some people slipped through the cracks because of a glitch and were able to level to 50 without the dlc. I believe it was only on xbox, but I am not really familiar with what happened. Now the game caps you at 40. You can also rebirth with one of the other dlc packs, which sets your level back to 1, has trophies, and give you 'wings' on your id.

#81 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

The level 40-50 increase and the extra mod for each weapon class. Extended clip for elephant gun, fire boost for MG, etc.

I believe some people slipped through the cracks because of a glitch and were able to level to 50 without the dlc. I believe it was only on xbox, but I am not really familiar with what happened. Now the game caps you at 40. You can also rebirth with one of the other dlc packs, which sets your level back to 1, has trophies, and give you 'wings' on your id.

Oops, never mind, I only got to 40 then, and I would hardly say that DLC is essential unless you really like the multiplayer since I believe going from 40-50 is the same as going 1-40.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#82 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

Hmm...Gamestop doesn't have a pre-order for this. I guess it is too soon to be released/announced too close to actual street date. I might get the PS3 version.

#83 ericthecro

ericthecro

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

I will easily buy this. Probably when it drops to $20 or below.

#84 xplode427

xplode427

can't buy me love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

I would get this, but with Bioshock 1 being on the Infinite disc for PS3, Bioshock 2 being free for PS+ and dirt cheap to buy, I think I'll pass for now.

Same.

#85 KonohaShinobi

KonohaShinobi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

Maybe this will awaken the dead Bioshock 2 multiplayer and I can actually try to
Platinum this game.
Multiplayer trophies are for birds, for real.

#86 kulaguy

kulaguy

3rd St. Saints!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

Ah, finally there's a GOTY edition of Bioshock. I'll add this to the GOTY thread. Thank God the DLC is on disk. Now I can finally play the Challenge rooms and get those trophies. Funnily enough, I just Plat Bioshock in one playthrough a couple days ago. It's odd how this was announced a few months ago to be released in early December but got re-announced again. I wonder if the Challenge rooms will add Achievements to the 360.

#87 jrodri86

jrodri86

Meh, i'll wait to get it for a cheaper price.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

No PC Release? :-k No money from me [-(:shame:

Tretton.png

#88 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

No PC Release? :-k No money from me [-(:shame:

You can get all this on steam right now for $9.99 I think. Minus the stickers and art stuff.

Not sure if it includes the DLC though? Anyone?

#89 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

They couldnt even wait for next gen when they could of bundled all 3 as HDD remakes!

Is that 2TB?
Posted Image

#90 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

Oops, never mind, I only got to 40 then, and I would hardly say that DLC is essential unless you really like the multiplayer since I believe going from 40-50 is the same as going 1-40.

Let me put it this way. I was a decent player without the dlc, now I consider myself to be good with the dlc guns. I primarily use elephant gun and the extended clip is a lifesaver, since the gun is so slow (avoid waiting for reloads).