Photo
- - - - -

The Official CAG February 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
229 replies to this topic

#91 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

Amazon keep shipping my Hitman trilogy in a padded envelope, so I keep getting them with creases and dents. You can't ship a boxed item in a padded envelope and expect them to arrive undamaged--so annoying! It's minor and cosmetic, so many wouldn't mind, but that's not what I want from a new item.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#92 dodgeme

dodgeme

Shadow the Hedgehog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:42 AM

Posted Image

I was looking to expand my Gamecube collection a little bit. Paid ebay prices for all of these but wanted to get a few more games so it was worth it.
Posted Image

#93 tooshorty6432168

tooshorty6432168

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

Posted Image

I got both 3DS games from the Best Buy sale, the two PS1 games in pristine condition from Craigslist for $5 total and the Xbox and Saturn games for $3 a piece from a local store. I've been meaning to pick up Syberia for a while, I don't own any of the Oddworld's yet, and I'd be hard pressed passing up a mint Saturn case for that price.

Posted Image

Yay completing things.

Posted Image

Kirby from Best Buy, Fire Emblem from Amazon and spent about $5 on the NES controller.

#94 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:40 AM

Posted Image

I got both 3DS games from the Best Buy sale, the two PS1 games in pristine condition from Craigslist for $5 total and the Xbox and Saturn games for $3 a piece from a local store. I've been meaning to pick up Syberia for a while, I don't own any of the Oddworld's yet, and I'd be hard pressed passing up a mint Saturn case for that price.

Posted Image

Yay completing things.

Posted Image

Kirby from Best Buy, Fire Emblem from Amazon and spent about $5 on the NES controller.

Where'd u get the boxes from?

#95 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:53 AM

Where'd u get the boxes from?

My money's on stole them from a blind kid.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#96 Tempius

Tempius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:10 AM

Bre software has the 3 oversized boxes for $2.xx each.

#97 dodgeme

dodgeme

Shadow the Hedgehog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:45 AM

Bout to buy all 3. Just bought Mario Party 6 and plan on getting the other two. Wouldn't mind having them complete.
Posted Image

#98 tooshorty6432168

tooshorty6432168

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:38 AM

Correct. Just in case anyone is new to the site, do expect to spend at least 2x your total when you include shipping. It's a tad ludicrous, but certainly beats trying to find awesome condition boxes/manuals in the wild.

#99 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

My money's on stole them from a blind kid.

Bwaahahahahaha!

#100 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

I'm posting this on behalf of TommyLove...

Posted Image

#101 kermit036

kermit036

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

I was just looking for my old Zelda Four Swords box! I have never heard of this store before. Thanks for the pointer. Ordering now.

#102 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

Went to the flea market today. Stumbled upon a bucket full of SNES games and a GoldenEye game, all in excellent condition. Guy that was selling them wanted $2 per game. I basically bought everything minus the sports games. I don't think he even realized what he had. :hot:

Posted Image

Includes:
-Aladdin
-Bubsy
-Chrono Trigger
-Dragon's Lair
-Final Fight
-Final Fight 2
-GoldenEye
-The Incredible HULK
-Lethal Enforcer
-Mortal Kombat
-Mortal Kombat II
-Shadowrun
-2x Street Fighter II Turbo
-Super Adventure Island
-Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
-2x Super Mario World
-Super Metroid
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time
-World Heroes

Edited by freakyzeeky, 17 February 2013 - 11:23 PM.

#103 jman2avatar

jman2avatar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

:applause: Nice haul!

#104 RPGamer246

RPGamer246

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

this is what ive picked up in the last month!
Posted Image

Wii U 32gb with nintendoland, a wiimotion plus remote, charger, super mario bros U, scribblenauts unlimited and country dance wii all bundled for $325 on ebay

picked up the classic pro controller for regular price

Posted Image

Dead space 2 collectors edition $30 on craigslist
Bioshock Limited Edition with big daddy(very tip of drill broken and a finger missing but not noticeable) $45 on craigslist

Posted Image

Bioshock 2 special edition for $45 from a CAG :)

Posted Image

Dead space 3 dev team edition $110

Posted Image

Dead space 3 $60
Dragon Age origins Ultimate edition $15
Last remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, Eternal Sonata, Resonance of fate for $58 from a CAG!
One Piece Pirate Warriors $39 ebay
Tales of Graces f $29

Posted Image

Metroid Prime, Mario Kart Double Dash, Luigis Mansion together $25 on craiglist today
Super Smash Bros Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy 2 $30 craigslist
The Last story $18
Xenoblade Chronicles $50

#105 Scootsy

Scootsy

T'wolves/Magic/Bulls Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

Wow, sweet pick ups RPGer!!! So much CE goodness! And looking at your pick ups make e want to get a Wii to enjoy some Mario!

Spoiler

:ps3:
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 always looked fun, and I love the cover so I figured that I couldn't go wrong for $14.99
College Hoops 2K8 was $9.99 and it's a somewhat rare game.
NBA 2K8 was $.99 and I can import my 2K8 draft class to it. Also fulfills my taste to play some 2K since I sold 2K13 earlier in the week.
:360:
Fable 2 was $2.99 at Gamestop, I've been having an itch to play it lately
Quantum of Solace was $2.99 and I gotta say, it is pretty dang fun. Not great, but solid.
:br:
Skyfall was $19.99 at Target. Phenomenal movie, in fact, I'm watching it again right now lol. Daniel Craig and Javier Bardem were amazing in this movie.
Quantum of Solace (not pictured) was a valentine's gift from my lovely girlfriend, that was a great movie as well!

Edited by PocketIguodala, 17 February 2013 - 09:59 PM.

#106 dodgeme

dodgeme

Shadow the Hedgehog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

Was out and about today and found these 2 at my local game store for $15 each. Been trying to get a few of the more scarce Genesis games.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#107 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

Ugh, I spent way too much on imports from dv8mad, couldn't resist. Not sure what to think on how I did. I got:

Sega CD Ram Cart (Japanese, no region lock)
Space Invaders (Saturn)
Vampire Savior (Saturn)
Shining Force 3 Scenario 2 (Saturn)
Shining Force 3 Scenario 3 (Saturn)
Christmas Nights (Saturn)
Frame Gride (Dreamcast)
Mushihimesama Futari (Xbox 360)
Virtual On Force (Xbox 360)
+an audio cd (approx $20)

Grand total of $143 shipped, lets say $120 for just the games. I think I can nearly justify that with the two 360 games and the Sega CD ram cart alone but I still feel like I spent too much.

#108 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:49 AM

From the Best Buy sale:
Posted Image

From ebay, Sealed, $15:
Posted Image

From the GameFly sale:
Posted Image

From Reckless Records (local used movie/music store) $1 for all four:
Posted Image

From People Play Games (local used game store):
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#109 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:37 AM

Decided to post here in here, seems like a great way to keep my collection up to date and share my collection with you guys. These pickups are from the last few days.

Was at Best Buy today and saw the thread about used PS2/PSP games being dropped down to 99 cents. Decided to pick up anything that seemed halfway decent especially for 89 cents after GCU discount. Didn't have much of a PS2 collection so this was a great way to start up a collection.

Posted Image

These are just a couple of cheap PS3 games i picked up from GameStop for. Used my birthday 20% off coupon to pick them up. Bulletstorm and RE:ORC came from Best Buy for 7 bucks total.

Posted Image

These two games are the same, picked them up from GS for cheap. Been wanting Lollipop Chainsaw but have been waiting for a decent price. Bulletstorm was cheap from Best Buy.
I've been looking for a genuine MS Wired Controller. Walked into GameStop today and the worker (that i'm friends with) asked if i wanted one since somebody just traded in a great condition one. So ended up picking up the controller and renewing my PUR pro membership.

Posted Image

#110 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:34 AM

Five of the items were from today (GoT, Tales petites, EO1, Monsters Inc, Aria). The rest from the last 2 weeks or so.

Posted Image

Stock pic, cause I already put these away:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#111 tooshorty6432168

tooshorty6432168

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

I was just looking for my old Zelda Four Swords box! I have never heard of this store before. Thanks for the pointer. Ordering now.

Np, glad I could help!

Went to the flea market today. Stumbled upon a bucket full of SNES games and a GoldenEye game, all in excellent condition. Guy that was selling them wanted $2 per game. I basically bought everything minus the sports games. I don't think he even realized what he had. :hot:

That is literally a pickup dreams are made of. Congrats. :-#

Posted Image

I am loving CL lately. I just picked this lot up for $35. I originally had agreed to $30 for everything minus Road Rash and King's Field, but the long boxes are in superb condition and I couldn't pass them up upon seeing them.

Mostly everything is in great shape, a few cases are a tad scratched as is the CTR and Road Rash disc, but FF7 and Legaia are mint. Heart of Darkness is missing the manual, but Legaia has a random Jade Cocoon demo disc randomly in it. Anyone happen to know where that is from?

#112 stiner

stiner

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

That jade cocoon demo might be from the game Shadow Madness. I checked my copy and it has it in it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#113 tooshorty6432168

tooshorty6432168

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

That jade cocoon demo might be from the game Shadow Madness. I checked my copy and it has it in it.

That was one of the games that was advertised, so it certainly would make sense to me.

#114 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

BEST MONTH EVAR
218x Zelda Hyrule LE books
Posted Image
My fire emblem 3DS
Posted Image
Best buy lovely deals.
Posted Image
Metal gear rising. I'll pick up the LE when it drop in prices @ amazon.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#115 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:30 AM

Yup, I'm sure you've got plenty of spending money now. :/

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#116 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

Yup, I'm sure you've got plenty of spending money now. :/

I always had money from working at my old job for a couple of years, but now I'm kinda broke and waiting on my lovely tax return.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#117 ShogunNage

ShogunNage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:56 AM

Bought both of these as blind buys

Posted Image

still need to pick up two luther strode variants, also didnt know saga #7 had a variant going to pick it up

Posted Image

wanted to pick up the iron fist run cause i heard it was good, the omnibus is oop and high priced, so i got the individual hardcovers on ebay for a good price

Posted Image

these were a gift

Posted Image

#118 shawnmelo

shawnmelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

[quote name='ShogunNage']Bought both of these as blind buys

Posted Image

you wont be disappointed with black lagoon, such an amazing show.

#119 ShogunNage

ShogunNage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

you wont be disappointed with black lagoon, such an amazing show.[/QUOTE]

yeah for the price on amazon and saw everyone recommend it, had to give it a shot after finish watching hellsing ultimate 1-8. Picked up last exile cause was always interested to watch it and with the recent announcement of Last Exile: Fam, the Silver Wing on blu ray i thought why not.

#120 shawnmelo

shawnmelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:14 AM

[/QUOTE]yeah for the price on amazon and saw everyone recommend it, had to give it a shot after finish watching hellsing ultimate 1-8. Picked up last exile cause was always interested to watch it and with the recent announcement of Last Exile: Fam, the Silver Wing on blu ray i thought why not.[/QUOTE]

I have never seen last exile but after finishing up hellsing ultimate last month I will be buying that as well.

Edited by shawnmelo, 21 February 2013 - 03:42 AM.