Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Halo 4/Assassin's Creed III Collector's Guides 80%+ off - $6.99 each

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#151 rbanez

rbanez

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

BB at Westheimer near west oaks houston has tons of Halo 5 guides and 1 AC3 CE guide left. They also have some Vita cradle on sale too, no more vita cable though. Lots of 8GB and 32GB but no more 16GB vita cards.

#152 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

got the last AC guide at my store - passed on the couple Halo 4 guides they had. Saw a FF Xii-2 CE guide and managed to get that for $14.99 (since it was pennied and dude just used the SKU for reg edition)

#153 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

I would call the 800 number and ask for a supervisor. Store to store transfers are 100% possible and since the store is the one who messed up they should be the ones to do everything they can to fix it. Granted you may I went to the store that had the other things in stock and they said if they did it would be a 21 day weight need to wait a week or two to get your items, but better late than never.

The guy at the store I picked the other stuff atbsaid it takes over two weeks because the shipping schedule between the stores is completely ridiculous. I had.nothing else to do and hadn't been to that town in almost a decade so I drove the extra 15 minutes one way in my almost 6000 lb SUV with a modified V8 that is tuned to high octane for max performance,. Sucking gas the whole way, but what the heck, I had to do another data log for the tuner anyway. They tried to give me standard copy. Luckily they had several hardcovers left.

Oh and.while I was there the employee manning the store pickup register didn't know how to do store pickups. She seemed very annoyed with me that I was in line. Yes. Because I was in line. When leaving, the a woman who may have been the manager, just staring at me gave me the most insincere " have a good day" I have heard from a retail employee. The guys in gaming hadn't brought over the pickups or gaming so they had to go find it back there. This store is a total mess. I'm guessing they are on the closure list.

#154 aceattorney

aceattorney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

Same issue. They tried to give me the paperbacks instead of the hardcovers, and on top of that, they didn't even try to price-adjust - they were willing to let me pay the hardcover price for the paperbacks.

I had them cancel the order.

#155 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

got the last AC guide at my store - passed on the couple Halo 4 guides they had. Saw a FF Xii-2 CE guide and managed to get that for $14.99 (since it was pennied and dude just used the SKU for reg edition)

I got the FF Xii-2 CE guide yesterday for $14.99 as well, was disappointed that they didn't give it to me for a penny...manager took 15 min to decide what to charge me too
Posted Image

#156 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

Just picked up one of each while I was buying a game. The store still has 4-5 more sealed Halo guides, but I bought the last AC guide. However, I did buy both online at the store by my office but instead bought them at another store that had the game i wanted and I was going to cancel the order, so, if anyone needs either just message me and I can go by tomorrow after work.

#157 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

Could anyone please help me get a decent ACIII guide? I am a huge fan of stuff based of and inspired by American history. I also like Assassin's Creed.

#158 RedK

RedK

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:27 PM

I put in a pickup for the Halo one. I dont get how they can mess that up cause they have different covers. Im still debating about the AC one cause AC3 was terrible in my opinion. I was very dissapointed with it.

#159 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

Saw both guides at BB yesterday, but did not know they were on sale. $4.99 just feels like a better price then $6.99. Ill wait until I get some RZ points, then hope they still have them (I doubt this will happen though!)

#160 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

went to get my pick up order they tried giving me the official guide STD edition of Ass Creed 3. Manager came to check and give me a 10$ gift card for their mistake.

Kamagii.png

#161 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

Waiting for that Dead Space 3 one...

And perhaps Tomb Raider after that.

#162 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:24 AM

I don't think that would have been possible. I believe they scan the item as part of the pick up transaction.

No. Their "process" is pick & pray. I've had them pull the wrong item before, informed them, had them fail to properly cancel the order and had a pain in the assassin's creed trying to get my money back.

#163 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:27 AM

Waiting for that Dead Space 3 one...

And perhaps Tomb Raider after that.

Tomb Raider CE Guide for this price would be awesome.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#164 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

One of my local BB (Sacramento) had three copies of the ACIII guide. I couldn't bring myself to get it, since it's one of those games you really don't need a guide for.

#165 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:20 AM

I went ahead and grabbed them even though they are marked up 699%.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#166 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:30 AM

i went ahead and grabbed them even though they are marked up 699%.

69,900% ;)

#167 ferris182

ferris182

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:37 AM

Thanks OP.

Picked up a Halo and AC3 guide. Both look great and are well worth it.

By the way, if you buy any game too, you get an extra 15% off each guide. (Does not have to be the corresponding game)

#168 ScareTax

ScareTax

Not Sure What Goes Here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:41 AM

Picked up a Halo 4 CE guide today for $5.94. Not sure if it pertains to all Best Buys or just the Chesapeake, VA store.

#169 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:47 AM

by the way, if you buy any game too, you get an extra 15% off each guide. (does not have to be the corresponding game)

picked up a halo 4 ce guide today for $5.94. Not sure if it pertains to all best buys or just the chesapeake, va store.

Lol. ;)

#170 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:37 AM

Stopped by the Best Buy near my workplace during my lunch hour to see if they had the guides. No ACIII but they did have one Halo 4 CE guide left. I grabbed it to gift it to my friend's brother. The cashier was surprised by the price and the bagchecker on the way out was blown away and said it was a complete steal. Then he stopped, looked around, and said that he doesn't condone stealing. I got a small chuckle from that.

Later in the day I tried to gift it to my friend's brother who ended up not only having one open that he used but also a sealed copy. Bought were bought at $40 a piece :lol:
Guess I'll keep this one sealed for my collection.

#171 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:37 AM

They had tons of each at my BB when I picked up my order. Bought a set for my buddy and only ACIII CE for me.

#172 Pixie Stix 88

Pixie Stix 88

Will Game 4 $$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:08 AM

Caved and bought one for my boyfriend as a random gift.

Thanks OP! :D

501272.png

#173 The Prize Fighter Inferno

The Prize Fighter Inferno

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:16 AM

Picked up one of each. Really impressed with the Halo one, but haven't cracked open the ACIII guide yet.

#174 phogoodness

phogoodness

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

Picked up a Halo 4 CE guide today for $5.94. Not sure if it pertains to all Best Buys or just the Chesapeake, VA store.

So that's why I got it cheaper when I picked it up today with Pikmin 2 and X-Com. Tons of Halo guides and 2 AC3 CE guides left at my location.

#175 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:24 AM

Thanks OP.

By the way, if you buy any game too, you get an extra 15% off each guide. (Does not have to be the corresponding game)

Didn't work for me. I bought a game with the guide, but it was still $7. Whatever.

#176 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

One of my local BB (Sacramento) had three copies of the ACIII guide. I couldn't bring myself to get it, since it's one of those games you really don't need a guide for.

What modern game does? None that I can think of, if a game requires a players guide to get through it (like Zelda on NES) that's a big minus in my book. And even if it wasn't, guides and youtube videos are all over the internet, just use those.

Still, getting the hardcover ACIII book for under $6 was too tempting to resist. I've never bought a game guide before, do these ever get valuable? Debating whether or not I should open it, the extra artwork/history segments intrigued me.
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#177 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

Thanks OP.

Damn the manager did not mention this! Some of their managers are just lazy. The guy put the books on the table but was too lazy to even put up a sign saying sale and price!

#178 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

What modern game does? None that I can think of, if a game requires a players guide to get through it (like Zelda on NES) that's a big minus in my book. And even if it wasn't, guides and youtube videos are all over the internet, just use those.

Still, getting the hardcover ACIII book for under $6 was too tempting to resist. I've never bought a game guide before, do these ever get valuable? Debating whether or not I should open it, the extra artwork/history segments intrigued me.

I agree no game requires a guide. But the guide books are amazing to look through if you really like a game.

#179 snakeinthegrass

snakeinthegrass

CAGiversary!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

If anyone could grab me an AC3 (sealed) for $15 I'd appreciate it

#180 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

Grabbed the AC3 Guide since i didn't know the Halo guide was on sale as well. But i wish Stores did this as normal practice for older guides in general.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png