Photo
* * * * * 9 votes

Skylanders Giants Starter packs(all systems) $11 or YMMV $1 @ Target after TRU PM and $1.00 reserve and $10.00 MCD Coupon

• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

#31 trollape74

trollape74

Lifting and Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

Will be trying this later when I go pick up some household items. I got some other coupons for stuff so hopefully the crazy reduction in price will be masked.Thanks OP!

#32 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

I had success today. Grabbed a random MegaBlocks Skylanders Giants set for $39.99 with the sole purpose of not having a $.99 bill and complete intention of returning it. Also grabbed X-Men:Wolverine on blu-ray w/movie cash to see the The Wolverine for $8. Went directly to customer service and said I wanted a PM at TRU. She opened up the ipad and we then had trouble finding the item on the TRU site. Finally, she just verified the price with the online ad and adjusted it to $39.99. I then gave her the MegaBlocks set, Blu-ray and finally the Preorder. She glanced at the screen a second time and I said I also had a manufacturers coupon - handed her the printed McD coupon which she also briefly glanced at, scanned and my total was $51.

Once I return the MegaBlocks set, my total will be just under $10 for Skylanders Giants Starter Pack (xbox 360), Blu-ray, Movie Tix and Preorder card.

#33 trollape74

trollape74

Lifting and Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

do you have to go to cs desk for pricematch? I scared the cs might remember me from just dance deal last time. I had trouble with that deal. I just want to go to a regular register and pricematch and pay with my other items. That way it is less suspicious

I believe that is YMMV. I've PM'ed at both the customer service desk and a regular cash register before. It all depends on your store's employees and whether or not they care/know how to PM at the register.

#34 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

I believe that is YMMV. I've PM'ed at both the customer service desk and a regular cash register before. It all depends on your store's employees and whether or not they care/know how to PM at the register.

I think if you have a print ad you can go to the register. Otherwise they are supposed to verify the price with their ipad as CS.

#35 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:17 PM

I think if you have a print ad you can go to the register. Otherwise they are supposed to verify the price with their ipad as CS.

Yeah, the front lane cashiers are the most lax generally and having the ad makes it a lot easier since they don't have to take an hour to find it on the iPad. Sadly our paper didn't come with one and I'm not sure if TRU has them in store.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List - H: MK8 Promo Game Choice

#36 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:27 PM

So if I buy this (big IF)....how much money should I expect to have to invest to be able to experience the full game?

Somebody on SD mentioned using the McDonalds coupon on single, $10.99 figures. So, it should be cheap if you print out multiple McD coupons from the OP and get all you're going to get by the time the coupon expires.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#37 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

Somebody on SD mentioned using the McDonalds coupon on single, $10.99 figures. So, it should be cheap if you print out multiple McD coupons from the OP and get all you're going to get by the time the coupon expires.

Haha... wow it does not say anything about the starter kit this time unlike the $20 coupon.  The very fact that it doesn't and specifically says "characters, giants and lightcore" should make it hard for  store to turn down when it's a legitimate manufacturer's coupon.

Edit- Never mind, there is fine print on the back that says good on starter pack only.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

#38 fieldkillah

fieldkillah

Bleeds Black & Gold

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

Worked like a charm. $1.04 out the door.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#39 Kojiro

Kojiro

Vasch - Bismarck FFXI

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

Does TRU usually have their ad in store? I may go try this but I'd like to just have the print ad on hand.

#40 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

Does TRU usually have their ad in store? I may go try this but I'd like to just have the print ad on hand.

That's what I've been trying to remember all day.

#41 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

Even if you find out if TRU has physical ads in their store, you may still find someone who insists on whipping out Target's iPad and searching Skylanders Giants Starter Pack on toysrus.com(where they will see the $39.99 price).

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#42 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

Even if you find out if TRU has physical ads in their store, you may still find someone who insists on whipping out Target's iPad and searching Skylanders Giants Starter Pack on toysrus.com(where they will see the $39.99 price).

Yes but that's best avoided if possible because those people can generally barely work their register let alone an iPad with flaky software and the policy only specifies that they have to go that route for online PM.

#43 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

Got shot down at Target number 1. The ap guy shot me down with a "one or the other" shpiel but I requested to see where it said it in the price matching terms and he came up with "I am telling you now." Bs. Didn't have time to debate much so I walked out with nothing.

Btw: terms don't say price matching can't be combined with in store offer except for target GC offers.

Terms:

https://corporate.ta...e-promise#q4071

xivpads.png

#44 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

Got it! The Electronics guy took my word that it was $39.99 at Toys R' Us...out the door at $1+. Thank you CAG!!!!! I've been wanting to get this for a little bit now.  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:

#45 locutus411

locutus411

4 8 15 16 23 42

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

I had success today. Grabbed a random MegaBlocks Skylanders Giants set for $39.99 with the sole purpose of not having a $.99 bill and complete intention of returning it. Also grabbed X-Men:Wolverine on blu-ray w/movie cash to see the The Wolverine for $8. Went directly to customer service and said I wanted a PM at TRU. She opened up the ipad and we then had trouble finding the item on the TRU site. Finally, she just verified the price with the online ad and adjusted it to $39.99. I then gave her the MegaBlocks set, Blu-ray and finally the Preorder. She glanced at the screen a second time and I said I also had a manufacturers coupon - handed her the printed McD coupon which she also briefly glanced at, scanned and my total was $51.

Once I return the MegaBlocks set, my total will be just under $10 for Skylanders Giants Starter Pack (xbox 360), Blu-ray, Movie Tix and Preorder card.

I did it just like sassylaurie and everything worked out great.  I don't expect any problems returning my Megablocks, so I should have my 360 set for $1.  This is an absolutely screaming deal.  Way to go OP!

#46 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

I actually really hate that I don't have a Toys R Us nearby so I can get in on this. I'd love a Punch Pop Fizz.

#47 karmicplayground

karmicplayground

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:23 PM

It's really hard to get my target to pricematch anything. I've never been able to do it. They require a physical ad and not a computer printout. I'm going to try tomorrow, but I doubt it will work at my specific target if the $30 promotion requires a override to go through after the price match. If it's automatic, I will have a chance if I can find a physical toysrus ad in the Sunday paper.

I had that issue with my Target too. They fought my electronic ad because "i could have doctored it" , even though he was looking up the same web page on his ipad.  Then when i brought out the manufacturer's coupon they tried fighting that.  FYI, they tend to want to try price matching the competitor's web site vs the the ad.

#48 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:25 PM

I actually really hate that I don't have a Toys R Us nearby so I can get in on this. I'd love a Punch Pop Fizz.

Oh man, I totally forgot about that.  Gonna have to get the 3DS version now...

#49 rpmboy

rpmboy

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:30 PM

I wouldn't mind getting the 360 and 3DS versions. I don't really have that many 3DS games despite owning it since launch.

#50 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:32 PM

Hmm I have no interest in skylanders at all but if I can somehow manage to get this for $1 I might have to bite. I've had a lot of success with Target recently but this one might be tricky. Maybe if I bought a skylanders figure with it it wouldn't be too bad?

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#51 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

Hmm I have no interest in skylanders at all but if I can somehow manage to get this for $1 I might have to bite. I've had a lot of success with Target recently but this one might be tricky. Maybe if I bought a skylanders figure with it it wouldn't be too bad?

That's exactly what I did. I may bring the figure I bought back and get my $9.99 back, but then again...I suppose I need to get a few characters. 

#52 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

I wouldn't mind getting the 360 and 3DS versions. I don't really have that many 3DS games despite owning it since launch.

Just be aware that 3DS Giants is supposed to be slightly mediocre where the first 3DS game was actually really good on it's own.  Though I still want it just for the exclusive character... oh the issues this game creates in compulsives.

#53 Akridsky

Akridsky

Flipping for dollars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

Denied immediately.  Didn't even get the coupon out.  Could only pricematch at Customer Service.  Told her that online policy says nothing about combining price match and pre-order deals. She didn't care.  Claimed Target price was the same as TRU after the pre-order promotion.  What???  I have to pre-order to get the same price as TRU? No thanks.

#54 schnitz17

schnitz17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:16 PM

Thanks OP.  Wallked out of target with skylanders for Wii U for 11.95.   Was waiting for the right price for this game, and this is fantastic :D.  Didnt want to try to use the McD's coupon just because knowing how some of the targets around here are I didnt want to press my luck. I had to basically use the ipad for the cashier though to get her to the price page 

#55 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

I think I'll try and give this a shot this evening after work. I got a good deal on Dead Space 3 doing this. You just have to act ignorant and be quiet about what you think the deal will drop too. Pricematch.. buy some other items...  reserve card....  and then coupon... and boom, you are free and clean. I did the exact thing before which the exception of the coupon.

"I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me." ― The Bad-Anon creed

#56 Donkosaur

Donkosaur

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:26 PM

Got it today. Had a physical flyer for Toys R Us so no questions there. Was going to try the coupon but the cashier matched the starter pack at $30.00 instead of $39.99 so $1.07 out the door.

#57 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:28 PM

Target 2 was successful. 1.85 well spent on the ps3 version!

xivpads.png

#58 schnitz17

schnitz17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:36 PM

I think I'll try and give this a shot this evening after work. I got a good deal on Dead Space 3 doing this. You just have to act ignorant and be quiet about what you think the deal will drop too. Pricematch.. buy some other items...  reserve card....  and then coupon... and boom, you are free and clean. I did the exact thing before which the exception of the coupon.

Agreed.  Dont make a big deal out of anything.  I would suggest that guest services are easiest, but that may depend on your store too.  Just price match it, then hand them the card and just dont make a big deal of anything.  Pay for your shit and GTFO lol.  It is possible you will have the best results just trying to do it without the coupon, so if one store doesnt let you get it for a buck, try it at another sans coupon

#59 Arctrooper1136

Arctrooper1136

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

Got this today at a Target in Erie, PA. Worked like a charm. Just make sure you get the price match before you hand them the reserve card. The price gets reduced automatically.

Paid $1.04 when it was said and done.

#60 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

Agreed.  Dont make a big deal out of anything.  I would suggest that guest services are easiest, but that may depend on your store too.  Just price match it, then hand them the card and just dont make a big deal of anything.  Pay for your shit and GTFO lol.  It is possible you will have the best results just trying to do it without the coupon, so if one store doesnt let you get it for a buck, try it at another sans coupon

Yeah, I don't even plan to use the coupon since I figure getting PP Pop Fizz for $11 is the same as if I had been able to buy him solo and getting other stuff too then.

Got this today at a Target in Erie, PA. Worked like a charm. Just make sure you get the price match before you hand them the reserve card. The price gets reduced automatically.

Paid $1.04 when it was said and done.

The order you hand it to them does help the person go along with it, though the registers shouldn't care if it's set up same as previous deals like this.