Skylanders Giants Starter packs(all systems) $11 or YMMV $1 @ Target after TRU PM and $1.00 reserve and $10.00 MCD Coupon

ajh2298

CAGiversary!
Feedback
181 (100%)
I was able to pickup a Skylanders Giants Starter Pack at Target this afternoon for $1.00 after a PM to TRU $39.99 price a $10.00 off McDonalds Coupon and a $1.00 reserve for the Swap Force Game.

Link to McDonalds $10.00 off Coupon .pdf (good till 6/30/13)

http://www.happymeal.com/en_US/downloads/12ACT117_SG_McD_Coupon_Final.pdf

Target is currently running a promotion to get $30 off the Skylanders Giants starter pack for any system if you buy the $1 reservation for the next game "Swap Force".

Toys-R-Us page showing the $39.99 price for all systems.

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?sr=1&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&kw=062313starter&origkw=062313starter&kwCatId=&view=all

Most you should pay is $11.00 after PM and $1.00 reserve card. If they take the $10.00 off coupon it should only be a $1.00 plus tax.

Last edited by a moderator:
All in one transaction? I'm wanting to get a Wii version for my nephews, and either a 360 or Wii U version for myself. Was planning on doing two transactions. But, if it all works on one, that'd be swell.
I did four separate transactions when I bought them. Said I needed receipts because they were going to be gifts. XD Two of them were gifts.....

Denied at st Charles il target. She would do either the price match or the preorder. Told me there is no way she could sell it to me for $9.99. Wow she would have flipped if she knew I had a $10 coupon

I did this at the Spring, TX (Houston) location on Tuesday. Got 2 for Wii U & 1 for 3ds. Took them a while to actually verify the TRU price to PM. I then gave the coupon. Followed by the reservation cards.

When she scanned each card, she was like "oh, I hope I'm doing this right." I told her she was and that was why I was there. Then she said "your total is $3.15; would you like to save an additional x% with your red card?"

I laughed, paid, and left with a huge grin on my face.

I tried it again today at a southwest Austin location and the guy said they couldn't find it on their iPad so the wouldn't PM it. Whatever. I just left; I got what I need.
I did this at the Spring, TX (Houston) location on Tuesday. Got 2 for Wii U & 1 for 3ds. Took them a while to actually verify the TRU price to PM. I then gave the coupon. Followed by the reservation cards.

When she scanned each card, she was like "oh, I hope I'm doing this right." I told her she was and that was why I was there. Then she said "your total is $3.15; would you like to save an additional x% with your red card?"

I laughed, paid, and left with a huge grin on my face.

I tried it again today at a southwest Austin location and the guy said they couldn't find it on their iPad so the wouldn't PM it. Whatever. I just left; I got what I need.

Tried to pick up a 3DS version at the same store I got my 360 set a few days ago, but they were on top of it this time. An older lady was looking up the price match but there was another woman at Customer Service who I believe was a managerial type. Soon as she saw the attempted price match, she came right out and asked if we were trying to "get it for $1.00." I explained that was able to get an Xbox version a few days prior but she wasn't budging and I've been sick so I didn't have it in me to even attempt to dispute it. Oh well.

Am little confused about this.

What do i need to do this at Target???

With all due respect, did you even read the first post? Because it's laid out pretty clearly in the first two lines...

Yes i saw the first post .

Target always want the ad .

Once again How is this going to work if there is no ad from TRU?

Wow you guys are jerks.

Once again How is this going to work if there is no ad from TRU?

Wow you guys are jerks.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk. If I were, you'd know.

It's good practice to read at least the first page or two of a thread before asking questions though, as most of the answers are generally contained within.

To answer your question, Target keeps an iPad at Customer Service that they will use to verify the competitor's price to process the price match.

Once again How is this going to work if there is no ad from TRU?Wow you guys are jerks.
they can look it up on toysrus.com

It looks like more people are getting denied than getting it to work. I have tried 3 targets already.

good luck

First Target I went to gave me two of them at $11 a piece. Wouldn't even try the McD's coupon.

Second one I went to I tried for one. The guy checked the iPad, scanned the coupon and the card. He was surprised at the price, but, I was out the door for $1.87.

As long as you can stick to one guy per element to 100% the game the cost is not that bad.
im trying to do this but theres still a few others I wanna grab, I already picked up Drill Sargeant and Prism Break to go with the 3 that come with the game. that gives me 5 of the 8 elements

Had one more McDonald coupon so I stopped by the target in Oceanside, as I was checking out at customer service a lady behind me strolls up with 4 starter sets and we each proceeded to get our deal. I was worried she or I would ruin it for each other but the reps were impressed and helpful.

I'm done with this deal!

the gf and I were able to get 6 starter sets (ps3 for her, 3ds/360 for me, wii u for roomies, wii u for bro, 3ds for friend) with almost no problems in 3 trips for $1.74 each.  only resistence was an older guy in CS who thought it was a computer glitch.  

Got one for PS3, cust service guy was surprised after the PM before the preorder so I didnt try the coupon. I picked up some toilet paper and another item as well that I plan to return to lower suspicion. He noticed the difference and almost called the manager back but then decided he really didn't care and let me get it for $11.

Edit: after I took it straight to GS to get my $40 credits back and to my surprise they gave me cash back for the return, so I went to Blockbuster and picked up a half off $20 game:)

Managed to score two 3DS copies from my Target in Fargo, ND for $11 each. My printer sucks so I didn't bother with the coupon, I figured 85% off was good enough for me anyway. Both times went smoothly with no managers or other shenanigans involved. Might try going back again today before work and getting a 360 copy just for kicks, my store had plenty of all versions left. Thanks OP!

Picked up a 3DS version for Punch Pop character... $3.74 for the game, a Coke and a 3 Musketeers bar. :) No issue at all.

Wish the other versions had a different character with them.

I dropped by Office Depot before running into target to get the coupon printed. 30 cents for 30 dollars? Yes, please.

Edit: 2 for 2 today. Hardest thing is waiting for someone to get the iPad.

Edit: 3 for 3. The old lady looked confused as shit when it dropped to $1.53, but she and the manager just let it go.

Worked at the Target in Greenland NH. In fact better than I could have hoped.

I price-matched the Toys R Us price then scanned the pre-order card. I didn't want to push my luck so I didn't use the $10 coupon. I was buying a bunch of other stuff, so I didn't notice until I got home that the cashier put $30 as the price match not $39.99. So when the promotion kicked in, the end result was I only paid the $1 for the pre-order card. Since I'm in New Hampshire there is no tax. So I paid exactly $1 for the starter pack.

Thanks OP!

Tried in Plainville MA but they told me I needed the flier. Oh well! 

I'm really glad people got this though. Sweet deal!

For what its worth Alpine store in Grand Rapids Michigan let me do it for $1.63 after tax. Then the new store in Grandville Mi also let me get one for $1.63 :)

I'm completely surprised that this topic didn't go apeshit this week... Only 8 pages... It is an amazing deal! I don't know how anyone will ever find the starter set for less than 2 bucks brand new...

I do think all the post about not getting some targets to honor the price match and other parts might have nuked it. I personally didnt try till i seen someone in the topic had got the target in my hometown to do it.

Tried in Tucson and the 2 we went to said they got an email from corporate saying they could do EITHER/OR when it comes to THIS DEAL ONLY.

Oh well...kids would have loved it and I would have stayed and argued but had to get back home.

Tried in Tucson and the 2 we went to said they got an email from corporate saying they could do EITHER/OR when it comes to THIS DEAL ONLY.

Oh well...kids would have loved it and I would have stayed and argued but had to get back home.
That's crazy about the corporate email. I guess the deal was too good to be true.

I know it's not a $1 deal, but thanks to resellers, the price of these bundles have dramatically lowered online. It looks like it's available for around $30 right now for all consoles on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=skylanders+giants+starter+pack&rh=n%3A468642%2Ck%3Askylanders+giants+starter+pack

But a part of me says screw the resellers and buy direct from Amazon instead. Amazon might jump the price back up to $69.99 though at some point because I think they only lowered it to $39.99 to pricematch toysrus.

The price was raised back up to $60 in Fargo and Grand Forks ND.  They were offering a save $30 coupon if you preordered the next set of Skylanders.

The funny thing is that they were $15 bucks 2 weeks ago.

DAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I won the Target roulette! Got one of each. PS3, 360, Wii, Wii U, and 3DS. $1.73 for each of them. The guy who did it for me looked stoned. I kid you not. He looked like he was going to drop any second. Hundreds of dollars of Skylanders for less than $9 for me!
Awesome. That's not the roulette. Thats the 50 billion jackpot Target lottery. Congrats man. I wish I could have been there to see the transaction go from $350+tax to $5+ tax. Might as well buy 1 of each on the final day of the promotion. I tried to buy 1 today and got turned down ("one or the other" i was told). Stoners make great customer service employees... sometimes. :whistle2:D

Yes deal should be dead now since the new weeks sale prices are now in effect.

I believe the coupon was good through today though?

Had one final go in STL yesterday. Worked perfectly.

So, I ended up with two 360 versions and two Wii versions. Two of those were the $1, two were the $11. I'm keeping a 360 and giving a Wii version to my nephews.

Either gonna return the $11 copies or try and flip on Craigslist or something.

My target said it was one or the other, either the price match or the pre-order promotion. So I couldn't even get it for $20.

Of course I didn't check the TRU website before heading to my Target, apparently some time during the night they changed their price from $39.99 back up to $69.99. So the price match won't cut you a deal anymore. Sucks, I was really looking forward to checking this series out.

I just bit the bullet and ordered one through an Amazon reseller for $35. Not nearly as good as getting it for a buck, though.

large+groundhog+day+blu-ray5.jpg

DAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I won the Target roulette! Got one of each. PS3, 360, Wii, Wii U, and 3DS. $1.73 for each of them. The guy who did it for me looked stoned. I kid you not. He looked like he was going to drop any second. Hundreds of dollars of Skylanders for less than $9 for me!
I did pretty much the same thing in 3 trips (ps3/wiiu/3ds, xbox 360/wiiu, 3ds). And they are all going to be used and not resold. lol

I would be all over this but it's Sunday, I'm home, that MCD's coupon expires today. But I'm almost positive I could get away with it. I went to my local Target when they had the $20 off some games with a GTA V or some other game pre order and I price matched Dead space 3 to Amazon for $29.99 and got the game for $11 after the deal. The guy didn't even care he was like "This might not work, but if it does I don't care" Then it went through and he was like "Nice, that's pretty cool" then as I was walking away he went to the other employee there that I think was a new hire and was like "That's pretty cool, that guy got a $60 game for ten bucks"/

bread's done
Back