Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Amazon Rewards Visa Card Holder 20% or 10% off at Amazon on new order or preorder

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#91 Fearbeard

Fearbeard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

Went ahead and ordered GTA V for $12 off.  Thanks for the code.

Games Completed -  2014 - 2013 - 2012 
Game Spending List -  2014 - 2013 - 2012

#92 Rage Goblin

Rage Goblin

The Hardest of Core

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:01 PM

I cancelled and reordered 5 preorders for $12 off each.  I'm thinking about doing a few more, but maybe I'll let it go.

Thanks, OP.

Pulled text below from FatWallet, for anyone curious.  I didn't see it in this thread.

Small print:

*Limit one promotion code per eligible customer. Promotion codes must be redeemed through www.amazon.com and may only be used once on qualifying products shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Get a 10% discount with a maximum discount of $10 on an eligible purchase by selecting your Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card as your payment method and entering promotional code JUL10PER at checkout through the Amazon.com shopping cart. Taxes, gift-wrap, and shipping and handling charges do not apply toward the minimum purchase amount and are not able to be reduced using the promotional code. This promotion applies only to orders shipped to the same address. Products sold by other merchants or third parties do not qualify for this promotion and this promotion may not be used in conjunction with the purchase of products sold by or under the brands of third parties or sold through third-party areas of www.amazon.com. If Amazon.com is not the seller, this will be noted on the product detail page. This promotion may not be combined with other credits or special offers. This promotion is non-transferable and non-exchangeable and is not redeemable for cash. This promotion cannot be applied to orders already placed with Amazon.com. If you return an item purchased using this promotion, you will receive a refund for the amount paid for the item. This promotion is available only to customers located in, and with billing addresses in, the United States. Violation of any term or condition of this promotion makes the promotion invalid and the promotional discount will not apply. This is a limited-time promotion and Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this promotion at any time. Void where prohibited. Chase is not responsible for provision of or failure to provide the stated benefits and services.

#93 jedipimping

jedipimping

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:56 PM

Thanks OP, cancelled and then reordered Batman Arkham Origins for $51. 

#94 myka22

myka22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:04 PM

Pre-ordered Dark Sous II. Thanks guys.

Currently Playing: Killer Instinct, Ryse.

#95 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:15 PM

Since I recently signed up for the Amazon Visa CC, they gave me $30 in Amazon Credit. I also used the free shipping option plus the 20 percent off code. Only had to come out of my pocket with $4-$5 for Dragon's Crown so I'm happy about that! Thanks OP!

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#96 loserboy

loserboy

The Cubs STILL suck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

Canceled Madden 25 Anniversary Edition and reordered with code.  Zero interest in the game, just want NFL Sunday Ticket...and I'll gladly take that for $79.99.  Probably trade the game in on day one to get maximum value.

#97 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

well i pre ordered a ton of ps4 games and an extra controller. thanks.

Posted Image

#98 tossup

tossup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

I used the promo code, now EVERY order with my visa is defaulting 20%0ff

Not sure if i want to go ahead and cancel my launch xboxone/ps4  games and reorder with the discount.

I'm having the same problem. What an unusual problem to have though, I'm not sure if I should be worried or enjoy my good fortune while it lasts. I used it once yesterday on something that is already charged to my card, but now I just made a couple pre-orders that I wanted to make that are getting the promo tacked on without my input. I couldn't remove the code as far as I could tell, and I didn't want to not place an order since the pre-order price for these items was likely to rise. I am contemplating canceling the orders and laying low for awhile, in case the Amazon police start knocking door-to-door.

Seriously though, I hope their mistake doesn't cost my account, or anyone else's. This is a pretty big mistake and I wouldn't be surprised if Chase themselves were potentially capable of locking cards for promotion abuse, even though it is not really the customer's fault in most situations.

#99 genkikani

genkikani

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:29 PM

I have the same issue now...It is auto applying the discount to anything I put in my cart...I ended up using the promo twice...I don't want to anger the amazon gods though.

Posted Image

#100 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:37 PM

the worst case scenario, amazon void the whole promotion, and thus cancelling all orders. since in the fine print, it says they reserves the right to cancel, and modify

#101 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

You can apply on the Amazon website. I personally think it's worth it if you shop at Amazon a lot (which I do). There's no annual fee for the card, but unlike other cards they start charging interest right away. If you pay off the card at the end of the statement then there's really nothing to worry about. 3x the points for Amazon purchases has netted me something like ~75 bucks in rewards so far.

What do you mean they start charging interest right away? Like if I buy something today, but my statement doesn't come until September 1st I have to pay interest for all the days up to that point? Is there a way to pay off the purchase the same day so interest doesn't accrue?

#102 tossup

tossup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

What do you mean they start charging interest right away? Like if I buy something today, but my statement doesn't come until September 1st I have to pay interest for all the days up to that point? Is there a way to pay off the purchase the same day so interest doesn't accrue?

Interest starts at the end of the billing cycle for the month. If you buy today, your charge will be on august, and you receive the bill for this month on the first week of the next month. It will have a date on it that you have to pay on or before in order to avoid interest. Usually if you order in august you'll get a bill that has to be payed by september 20-something. I think he means that some cards have a grace period of a few days or week where interest won't start accruing. I could be wrong though, I never let the credit companies get interest from me if I can help it.

#103 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:51 PM

Interest starts at the end of the billing cycle for the month. If you buy today, your charge will be on august, and you receive the bill for this month on the first week of the next month. It will have a date on it that you have to pay on or before in order to avoid interest. Usually if you order in august you'll get a bill that has to be payed by september 20-something. I think he means that some cards have a grace period of a few days or week where interest won't start accruing. I could be wrong though, I never let the credit companies get interest from me if I can help it.

That would make more sense, didn't realize he was talking about grace days. I plan on paying off as soon as I get the bill in full to avoid interest.

#104 ch1979

ch1979

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:51 PM

I used it on pre-orders for Wonderful 101 and Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze. Pretty nice deal. Unlike other users, though, it's not automatically applying the discount to everything I'm putting in my cart.

#105 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

Unless you carry a balance, the amazon visa gives you about 25 days grace period.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#106 lifeinhisway83

lifeinhisway83

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:05 PM

Canceled Madden 25 Anniversary Edition and reordered with code.  Zero interest in the game, just want NFL Sunday Ticket...and I'll gladly take that for $79.99.  Probably trade the game in on day one to get maximum value.

Best Buy is giving 45 credit for Madden 25 until October 6th (per there trade in page): 

http://www.bestbuy.c...17093&type=page 

So you could at least play a couple of games before the trade in :)

#107 SSJMies

SSJMies

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:56 PM

Grabbed Pokemon X and Batman: Arkham Origins.Thanks, OP.

I wonder if this works on the $50 PSN cards.

I went ahead and tried it. I was able to get a $50 PSN card for $39.99

#108 plus1zero

plus1zero

Needs more CLANGA!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

It keeps the promo added anytime I try to order something so I dunno what to think

#109 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

Anyway, the point is, Amazon will not give two shits about you even if you spend $100k a year on the site.

Why do you have to be so goddamn cynical and depressing?  I've had nothing but good experiences with Amazon treating me right as a customer whenever I needed help.  I even got a full refund on a $3500 TV.

And who are YOU?  Do you work for Amazon?  Are you invested in their competition?  WTF seriously.

#110 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:49 PM

Why do you have to be so goddamn cynical and depressing?  I've had nothing but good experiences with Amazon treating me right as a customer whenever I needed help.  I even got a full refund on a $3500 TV.

And who are YOU?  Do you work for Amazon?  Are you invested in their competition?  WTF seriously.

not sure that works in your favor.

I imagine whenever you call amazon, there's a screen that has your vital stats on it, including:

revenue #orders and total

returns # and total

customer service transactions

any of those ratios go out of whack and you aren't the great customer you think you are.

A great customer isn't simply one that buys a lot of shit. 

also, whats with accusing someone of working for the competition whenever there's a disagreement?  I see that a lot on CAG.  "Oh you must own stock with ____"  :roll:

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#111 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:54 PM

Plus whatever amount you think is a lot is just a drop in the bucket to amazon.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#112 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

I worded that poorly. If you have a balance at the end of your statement cycle, you'll be charged interest. The Amazon Visa doesn't give you 12-18 months 0% interest like many other cards do. You get no 0% interest promos with this card. That's what I meant. I still love the card though and use it for all my Amazon purchases and most of my restaurant/drug store purchases.

I just use the points for Amazon purchases since I'm always shopping there.

3DS Friend Code: 1461-6213-9792

Animal Crossing Trade List (will update frequently)

#113 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

Well its still auto applying the discount a day later. Im really surprised they havent done something about this by now. 

#114 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:31 PM

Well its still auto applying the discount a day later. Im really surprised they havent done something about this by now. 

That's why I'm not worried about being "banned". At worst they will cancel all the outstanding orders that used the code. It's also not as if it's some kind of "exploit" people are using -- and 24 hours later, it's still working. I can't imagine with all the people they have working there and this being all over the net that they wouldn't have axed it by now if they wanted to. 

#115 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

Because not everyone has a an amazon credit card, so even though it on CAG and SD not everyone can abuse it.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#116 myka22

myka22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:52 PM

It's a fact that Amazon has and will ban people, but everything else about how often it happens and what exactly triggers it is all speculation.

Currently Playing: Killer Instinct, Ryse.

#117 Jimbo Slice

Jimbo Slice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

Has anyone actually had an order ship yet that had the discount applied? I have two items that are "shipping now" but they've been that way for a few hours.

#118 suko_32

suko_32

(soo-koh-32) - noun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

Has anyone actually had an order ship yet that had the discount applied? I have two items that are "shipping now" but they've been that way for a few hours.

Yes, my order for a vita 32GB memory card has shipped.

MGO: LiquidCake

#119 mcthatch

mcthatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

Thanks OP, preordered GTA5 and saved 12 bucks. 

#120 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

It's a fact that Amazon has and will ban people, but everything else about how often it happens and what exactly triggers it is all speculation.

Agreed, but this isnt something that is being "abused" by most people. 

Its applying the discount on every order without typing in a code. If i use my discover card, nothing, when i switch to my amazon visa, instant 20%. Ive logged in and out maybe 15 times since, at this point, i have no option but to use the discount (or another card). I dont see them banning over this, seeing as its a glitch on their site. Worst case, they cancel the orders/remove the discount.