Photo
- - - - -

[Sold Out YMMV] Limited Steelbook - THOR: Dark World 3D Blu-ray + BD + HD ($22.99)

• Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

#31 thelaughingmann

thelaughingmann

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:37 PM

http://www.amazon.co...93274117&sr=1-2 Thor Blu/DVD/DC is on sale for $20 currently on Amazon. Maybe get BB to PM if you want it and Dark World?

http://www.amazon.co...93274117&sr=1-6 3D version for ~$35 compared to BB's $50.

http://www.presstartoplay.com/ <- Press Start to Play, a new gaming website with a collective of gamers bringing you live streams, reviews, giveaways, and that good old feeling of enjoying video games. I am giving them a chance. Why aren't you guys? Follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Twitch and even donate to the cause! 

XSkittleKrazyX.png76561198028909821.png

"I do not want to live in a world without laughter. Or macaroni and cheese." PSN: XSkittleKrazyX, Steam: The Laughing Mann, Twitch: TheLaughingMannofAF2

#32 Wazzup4567

Wazzup4567

Wazzup CAG?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:37 PM

Are you guys talking about the 3D Blu Ray because the normal Blu Ray is $25...

#33 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:39 PM

i was talking about the one you posted just now
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#34 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:40 PM

http://www.amazon.co...93274117&sr=1-2 Thor Blu/DVD/DC is on sale for $20 currently on Amazon. Maybe get BB to PM if you want it and Dark World?

http://www.amazon.co...93274117&sr=1-6 3D version for ~$35 compared to BB's $50.

target and bestbuy will have it on sale for 20$ this week as well
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#35 thelaughingmann

thelaughingmann

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:55 PM

target and bestbuy will have it on sale for 20$ this week as well

Which one? The 3D or non 3D?

http://www.presstartoplay.com/ <- Press Start to Play, a new gaming website with a collective of gamers bringing you live streams, reviews, giveaways, and that good old feeling of enjoying video games. I am giving them a chance. Why aren't you guys? Follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Twitch and even donate to the cause! 

"I do not want to live in a world without laughter. Or macaroni and cheese." PSN: XSkittleKrazyX, Steam: The Laughing Mann, Twitch: TheLaughingMannofAF2

#36 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:52 AM

Which one? The 3D or non 3D?

the non 3d one
Currently playing

690739.png

#37 TheCro

TheCro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:25 AM

I hope I don't have to pre order this to pick it up tomorrow. Also, I hope there aren't only a few copies and people are waking up early to get them. I can't really go till later.

TehCro.png

#38 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:32 AM

Looks like they updated the product page to allow instore pickups. Keep getting an error message while trying to pick my store but I assume they'll fix it within an hour or two.

#39 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:06 AM

Looks like they updated the product page to allow instore pickups. Keep getting an error message while trying to pick my store but I assume they'll fix it within an hour or two.

I noticed this also. Add to Cart brings me to "Your shopping cart is empty."

MLIFTgM.gif

#40 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:48 AM

I know the fact it is a steelbook trumps all but I don't really like how it doesn't show the title of the movie on the spine. Not that I wouldn't know what it is by looking at it but still seems like a weird omission. 

Actually nm, looks like the first picture was the mock up with no writing on it at all so I am assuming the final version does have the writing on the spine like how it has the title on the front of the final retail version.

There's no text at all on the actual Steelbook - this is a cost-cutting measure to allow the same Steelbook to be sold in multiple regions (with paper overlays, etc. containing the actual localized title, etc.). Sucks.

Edit: I stand corrected.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#41 samusaran226

samusaran226

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:40 AM

There's no text at all on the actual Steelbook - this is a cost-cutting measure to allow the same Steelbook to be sold in multiple regions (with paper overlays, etc. containing the actual localized title, etc.). Sucks.

Spreading misinformation here.

There is clearly writing on the actual steelbook for this version and the spine also includes the title as opposed to the character portraits. From what I understand, FutureShop and BestBuy are kind of one and the same (?) so I'm pretty sure this is the same exact one Best Buy is getting.

Edit: why the f*** can't I post a YouTube link? Every time I try to edit my post, the link is completely left out.

Edit 2: finally got the youtube link in there but i had to get on my PC to do it.

#42 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:11 PM

This is true for Europe only. They use the same case for all European Disney releases (no title on front or spine) and just use J-cards with that country's language on the card. We have a Steelbook plant in Ohio that makes their own cases and does not have to share them elsewhere, so that rule does not apply to us. 

EDIT: I just noticed after watching the video that there are 3 disc holders in the case, but there is no 3-disc version released in the U.S. Stupid.

Posted Image

#43 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:52 PM

This is true for Europe only. They use the same case for all European Disney releases (no title on front or spine) and just use J-cards with that country's language on the card. We have a Steelbook plant in Ohio that makes their own cases and does not have to share them elsewhere, so that rule does not apply to us. 

EDIT: I just noticed after watching the video that there are 3 disc holders in the case, but there is no 3-disc version released in the U.S. Stupid.

Ah, thanks for the corrections, guys. I've been reading up on the European version and didn't realize they were changing it for the North American release.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#44 ConkerFun

ConkerFun

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:32 PM

I went to the one in NYC that opens 24hrs. Got there this morning before work.... SOLD OUT! Now I cant go to a different store cause im at work.

#45 philmcfly

philmcfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:45 PM

Edit: Nevermind store pickup went live.

#46 ConkerFun

ConkerFun

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:48 PM

Can we not do store pickup online until it opens or something?  I see available, but you can't add to cart via website nor mobile.

I talked to the employee. He said these special limited exclusive steelbooks will not be for pickups.

#47 philmcfly

philmcfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:49 PM

Nevermind, store pickup went live.

#48 Sky Ray

Sky Ray

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:04 PM

I will definitely pick up this if they are still around.

33c9dz8.jpg

#49 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:36 PM

Orders are up on the website!!! Can either order for online shipped or instore pickup.

#50 Mario Speedwagon

Mario Speedwagon

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

Just ordered for store pickup!

#51 omgcarebears

omgcarebears

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:03 PM

picked one up, thanks!

#52 ConkerFun

ConkerFun

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:08 PM

I did a store pickup about half hour ago. The stores are opened now. Still didnt get "order is ready for pick up" yet.

#53 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:22 PM

I talked to the employee. He said these special limited exclusive steelbooks will not be for pickups.

And he would be wrong because they always have been. Thor is available right now for pickup. My guess is there was a glitch and it didn't go live until the store opened when it should have been midnight pacific time like it should  have been.

Posted Image

#54 philmcfly

philmcfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

Yep just ordered for in store pickup here too.

#55 Havokscry

Havokscry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:31 PM

Went in at opening. They had five on the shelf and an employee had already grabbed one. I'm guessing they have six copies at the smaller stores.

#56 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:40 PM

I went to the one in NYC that opens 24hrs. Got there this morning before work.... SOLD OUT! Now I cant go to a different store cause im at work.

You can probably thank this guy for not finding one. 

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f3141eee2

Posted Image

#57 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:53 PM

Went ahead and ordered 1 for in store pickup. Hope I'm not too late, there's quite a few scalpers in my area.

MLIFTgM.gif

#58 CommanderShiro

CommanderShiro

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:56 PM

Just placed an order for in-store pickup. 

rsz_jaguarssecondarynewlogo.jpg2309712-4228694702-n2014.jpg

#59 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:00 PM

Got to my store at 10:00 guy in front of me took all 6-7 that were on the "new release" kiosk. They had a separate display for Thor with like 3-4 more copies of the steelbook so I grabbed one from there. In the checkout line he had the balls to ask me where I found it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#60 thelaughingmann

thelaughingmann

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:05 PM

Got to my store at 10:00 guy in front of me took all 6-7 that were on the "new release" kiosk. They had a separate display for Thor with like 3-4 more copies of the steelbook so I grabbed one from there. In the checkout line he had the balls to ask me where I found it.

Did you tell him there's a special place in CAG hell for people like him? Where he gets steelbooks thrown at him for being an inconsiderate asshole?