Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1779 replies to this topic

#121 nectarsis1

nectarsis1

Nintega is a Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:24 PM

Monona store closed early/middle 05....I know the owner, and I don't think he's doing that well, puts all the rare stuff in seperate cases...buy only, no trades, does it w/ xbox 360, psp also, not a lot of new, or hell even good games lately

#122 seanw

seanw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:39 PM

East Side TRU is down to 30%. Still had some good DS games in stock this weekend (Castlevania, Metroid Pinball, Viewtiful Joe). Plenty of GB Micros @ 20% off, I think.

#123 Titans24

Titans24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:55 PM

East Side TRU is down to 30%. Still had some good DS games in stock this weekend (Castlevania, Metroid Pinball, Viewtiful Joe). Plenty of GB Micros @ 20% off, I think.

Do you recall seeing Sonic Rush? I haven't been there for a couple of weeks, but I'll have to head back this weekend and look for DS games and Xbox accessories.

#124 .JPG

.JPG

^ Save them

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 12:36 AM

I might be running through Madison tomorrow, anything I should check out or anything worth checking out (specfically TRU)? Looking for games (DS games) and if there's any good deals I'd be interested in stopping by.

#125 seanw

seanw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 01:12 AM

I might be running through Madison tomorrow, anything I should check out or anything worth checking out (specfically TRU)? Looking for games (DS games) and if there's any good deals I'd be interested in stopping by.

DS is the best-stocked games section at the close-out TRU (the one nearest to 90).

The other TRU still has lots of $10 TRU games. I only know Gamecube, but they had Metroid Prime 2, Fight Night 2, Viewtiful Joe 2, Virtua Quest, Geist ....

The Best Buy in Janesville, which is between Madison and Illinois on 90, has some harder to find games like Meteos on DS. You can use the store locator on bb.com to determine if they have something you want. I was just there and they had bunches of Guitar Hero.

Otherwise, nothing jumps out at me right now.

#126 Yuckmouth

Yuckmouth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 02:36 AM

EAU CLAIRE:

There used to be some great deals to be found at Target and Best Buy about a year ago, now there isn't really any great place to find deals.

Occasionally Best Buy will have a few games on $9.99 clearance, but not often. Oddly enough the best deals I've seen lately have been closeouts at walmart; they had new Eye Toys for $15.00 on clearance about two weeks ago.

Shopko is terrible for deals, their "clearance" is taking about $5 off of a $50 game from three years ago. It used to be that you could find insane, wild discounts at shopko, but no longer.

#127 sigmano9

sigmano9

....いい意味で

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:21 AM

ahh! they had one? i didn't see it when i went to pick up Makai kingdom on sunday.
you lucky bastard ;) enjoy, it's a long, but addicting game.

how is that video game exchange store? fairly priced? do they price stuff based on rarity and all that? good selection?

they had a used copy of nocturne at the national ave. gamecrazy in milw.
i left with some teasures while i was there. picked up: Ys (new and last one), DDs (used), vampire night w/o gun (used), psychonaughts-xbox (new), and taiko (new).

#128 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2006 - 05:53 AM

EAU CLAIRE:

There used to be some great deals to be found at Target and Best Buy about a year ago, now there isn't really any great place to find deals.

Our Target still has some great clearance stuff every now and then, but like everywhere else, it comes in waves. The trick is catching it right when the price drops again, or it's gone in a flash. I'd say we've gotta be due for another clearance soon...
Posted Image

#129 Jeoff

Jeoff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2006 - 06:17 AM

Oh yeah was at TRU today and grabbed what I'm pretty sure was the last Sonic Rush and Puyo Pop ($21 and $14). 1 Advance Wars DS left and 2 Nanostrays (both $35 normally -30%). I am poor otherwise I would've bought one of each of those too.

#130 .JPG

.JPG

^ Save them

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2006 - 07:03 PM

Oh yeah was at TRU today and grabbed what I'm pretty sure was the last Sonic Rush and Puyo Pop ($21 and $14). 1 Advance Wars DS left and 2 Nanostrays (both $35 normally -30%). I am poor otherwise I would've bought one of each of those too.

Very awesome, how much was left when you last went there?

#131 fallenangel70

fallenangel70

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 06 February 2006 - 06:56 PM

They have any good games left for the psp still at tru on the east side i might make a trip down there on tue. if they do
"There are some qualities, some incorporate things, / That have a double life, which thus is made / A type of twin entity which springs / From matter and light, evinced in solid and shade."
-Edgar Allan Poe, "Silence"

#132 Jeoff

Jeoff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:15 PM

There were a lot of DS games still but other than the ones I listed not any I was willing to jump on. They had 5000000 copies of Baten Kaitos with the soundtrack included for GC. None of them had prices on them and the price scanner didn't work since there is a plastic ridge over part of the barcode and I didn't want to find somebody so I don't know the price. I'll probably get one if it's $14 next time I go.

There were a surprising amount of PSP games...most of them crap...and the entire display of psp games was covered in other random dvds/umds and stuff so I didn't bother looking (I sold my psp awhile ago). Lots of stuff for really little kids is left but most of the regular toys are gone.

#133 fallenangel70

fallenangel70

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:13 PM

hey guys i am to new to post on the trading site yet so I thought I would ask some of you. I just pick up a used copy of FF X-2, but it didn't have the manaul with it so i wanted to see if I could just find that.
Thanks
"There are some qualities, some incorporate things, / That have a double life, which thus is made / A type of twin entity which springs / From matter and light, evinced in solid and shade."

#134 cultivatingmass

cultivatingmass

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:32 PM

hey guys i am to new to post on the trading site yet so I thought I would ask some of you. I just pick up a used copy of FF X-2, but it didn't have the manaul with it so i wanted to see if I could just find that.
Thanks

A rental store possibly?

#135 .JPG

.JPG

^ Save them

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2006 - 04:41 AM

Thanks

Welcome to CAG! Right now I would think if you don't want to find it online (which may be your best bet), you could look at a rental store like the above said, or try and older game store, just an unordinary one. Sometimes you'll get lucky.

#136 Machikunas

Machikunas

Posted 07 February 2006 - 06:42 AM

Thanks

I just ran across EXACTLY what you're looking for:

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=82987

this guy is selling manuals and has the one you want.

477327.png

#137 .JPG

.JPG

^ Save them

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2006 - 07:23 AM

I just ran across EXACTLY what you're looking for:

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=82987

this guy is selling manuals and has the one you want.

Well there you go. I ran across this thread but didn't check for that exact game, but sure enough, there's the manual.

fallenangel70, if you have PayPal, try trading with this person. I doubt they will trade without it, so if you don't have it, it's free. I will contact this user for you and have him give you a PM about it so maybe you 2 can work out a trade.

#138 fallenangel70

fallenangel70

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 07 February 2006 - 03:38 PM

thanks all I just PMed the guy to set things up. :D

all set up thanks guys I cann't wait to be able to post my want/trade list.
also if you guys make it up to baraboo at all there is a store on the square that is call spin shack. It sells all kinds of stuff (dvd's, cd's, game's, ect.). I pick up FF X-2 there for $10. They have games for PSX,PS2,Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and Atari. If there is something that you are looking for let me know I can look and see if they have it.

#139 Krunks

Krunks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2006 - 07:46 PM

if anyone lives near a shopko, just a heads up that if ur interested, some promotional items have gone cheap, these being:

Blitz: The League Cheerleaders 2006 Calander $0.49
L.A. Rush Poster $0.49
Nintendo DS Jersey (Only size L as far as i could tell) $9.99
Mega Man Enemies Shirt (No clue on size) $4.99
Nintendo Shirt (Black) $4.99
Resident Evil 4 Shirt (Blue w/Leon) $4.99

#140 .JPG

.JPG

^ Save them

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 05:42 AM

if anyone lives near a shopko, just a heads up that if ur interested, some promotional items have gone cheap, these being:

L.A. Rush Poster $0.49

I like RE and Nintendo shirts. May have to stop by there being I'm out of town which actually has a Shopko. Thanks for the heads up.

#141 .JPG

.JPG

^ Save them

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2006 - 08:31 AM

After reading this thread:

http://www.cheapassg...01&page=1&pp=20

I had already checked my Wal-Mart (Greenfield, WI) and they had them for $70, but they may have dropped even more now if anyone's interested. They had quite a few when I went so if anyone is around this area looking for one, you may want to check this or your local Walmart.

Anyone else who spots one at their Walmart, feel free to let us know and update us if a price has changed.

#142 fallenangel70

fallenangel70

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 15 February 2006 - 08:31 PM

Anyone know if the suncoast in the west town mall in madison is closing down or not?

#143 Bzzzzzt!

Bzzzzzt!

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:07 AM

Anyone know if the suncoast in the west town mall in madison is closing down or not?

As far as I know, the Suncoast in West Town Mall is completely gone - that whole side where it was is gone, about.

#144 Guest_Apossum_*

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 28 February 2006 - 04:23 AM

found Heart of the Alien: Out of This World 1+2 for the Sega CD at Pre-Played for $7...scratched on top of the disc :bomb:

#145 .JPG

.JPG

^ Save them

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2006 - 04:30 AM

Was anyone able to check out a Sears in Wisconsin for the clearance I heard about?

#146 sigmano9

sigmano9

....いい意味で

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2006 - 02:49 AM

Was anyone able to check out a Sears in Wisconsin for the clearance I heard about?

i checked out the sears at bayshore today and there was nothing i picked up(i was looking for dragonquest VIII, castlevania CoD, fire emblem sacred stones, metroid zero mission, and conker). this is what i remember seeing: the suffering (xbox, didnt check for ps2), metal gear 3, battalion wars (tempting but not cheap enough for me), the warriors (xbox, ps2), bujingai, ico, mario tennis (wish i knew that was 24.97 when i was there. i would've picked it up. i may have to go back and get it) and maybe battlefield MC, spartan, and WWE day of reckoning 2 (dont hold me to those last three, i was at best buy today too and that is affecting my memory) i was looking for the ones i listed specifically so i biasly (is that even a word? sounds right so i'll allow it) overlooked any other titles.

EDIT: went back today (3-3-06) and can confirm battlefield MC (ps2) and spartan (ps2). i also saw burnout revenge (ps2), tony hawk AW (GCN), donky konga 1 w/bongos, MK: shaolin monks (xbox), warioware twisted, L.A. Rush (ps2), x-men 2, and baten kaitos. i'm sure there's more that i'm missing, but thats all i can remember at the moment. i ended up getting war of the monsters (still a couple more there), mario tennis (last one), and pikmin 2. there's not a huge selection there, but there are some worthwile titles.

#147 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2006 - 01:37 AM

Green Bay has a Sears with a lot of clearance games. I was interested in the GBA games, but sadly there were few of those. A couple of DS and PSP games/movies. Mostly PS2/XBOX/GC.
Posted Image

#148 xghostsniperx

xghostsniperx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2006 - 02:26 AM

L.A. Rush Poster $0.49

I bought two of the Nintendo shirts. They're pretty cool, actually, not some lame crap like "Nintendo Rehabilitation Center" or anything. They just have a small squiggly D-pad type thing with Nintendo in the middle. And it's not really black, more of a grey

#149 .JPG

.JPG

^ Save them

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2006 - 02:50 AM

I'm going to see if I can get the Sears in Southridge mall sometime soon, I'll give an update if I see anything. Has anyone went here yet?

#150 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2006 - 03:12 AM

I'm going to see if I can get the Sears in Southridge mall sometime soon, I'll give an update if I see anything. Has anyone went here yet?

If you see any good gba games, hook me up! I'd like any of the following if they are cheap

NES - Super Mario Bros.
NES - Castlevania
NES - Metroid
NES - Excitebike
Mario Tennis
Posted Image