Staff member
Feedback
122 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

At the Target in Macedonia OH:

Project Snowblind $13.98
Shellshock Nam $13.98
Xbox Live $17.48

Not much this time. But a couple weeks ago, Viewtiful Joe 2 was $2.47 and Timesplitters FP (XBOX) was $4.98. Picked both up.

Not a game, but . . .

Epson R220 Printer (CD/DVD ability) for $24.99
Was marked $49.99 but rang up cheaper.

Picked up 3, 2 for gifts.

[quote name='csidegamer']Not a game, but . . .

Epson R220 Printer (CD/DVD ability) for $24.99
Was marked $49.99 but rang up cheaper.

Picked up 3, 2 for gifts.[/QUOTE]

That's chaeper than the ink for that thing. Will have to check it out tomorrow.

[quote name='.JPG']New thread, well ok. Yesterday picked up the Swiss 512 Flash Drive for $11.24 each :D[/QUOTE]

I'll have to grab one of these. They're pretty neat.

[quote name='joby27']That's chaeper than the ink for that thing. Will have to check it out tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

That was my thought as well.
I already have a R200 which will go to my kids.

If my wife decides not to use either for gifts, I got a cheap set of original carts.

These were found at the Target in Batavia, IL. I got the last ones, one being opened but complete.

I vaguely remember seeing one in the Elgin, IL store on Randall Rd. last week.

went by target. i got timesplitters future perfect for 4.98

when i went to scan it. it said not on file. went to cashier, scanned it with hand held scanner thats how i got the price

[quote name='gizmogc']Pickd up another XBL Kit, 360 Component Cables, .... Nice finds[/QUOTE]

I hate you .;)

My 3 Targets were picked clean .:cry:

I picked up a Philips 23" HDTV LCD tv at Target yesterday for 315 bucks. It was originally 900 so I'm pretty pleased. Also picked up some sony liv electronics for cheap....loving my 30 dollar CD Shower radio!

:wave:agapens, was that TV on clearance, a display model or what? I know these things are sometimes YMMV but ... I need to find a new tv on the cheap soon. Thanks for the info.

In regards to finding a good deal on clearance, I went on Saturday the 29th and didn't see much of anything. They did have a bunch of Rayovac 8 pack AA batteries for $1.98 down from $3.99 though.. Not the best of days at Target but oh well. Just so I can get this right, Mondays are usually the days that clearance is either reduced more or items are put on clearance right?

there are a couple of those at my store too 23" magnavox lcd tv

saw some XBL kits for 17.98 gonna pick them up tommorrow

and another thing i saw was a four pack of games for 7.98 3 of them were crap but it had the EA collection which has 5 games (NFS: HP 2, LOTR:ROTK, James Bond: Nightfire, Red Alert 2, and something else) so thats 8 games for 8 dollars

[quote name='MamoruNoHakkyou']:wave:agapens, was that TV on clearance, a display model or what? I know these things are sometimes YMMV but ... I need to find a new tv on the cheap soon. Thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

The 315 was a display model. Pretty much in pristine condition. They also had two more that hadn't been taken out of the box but they were 430 or so. The only thing I had to buy were some 98 cent screws to attach the tv to its base.

[quote name='.JPG']New thread, well ok. Yesterday picked up the Swiss 512 Flash Drive for $11.24 each :D[/quote]

I went to one of my Target's. I couldn't find the Swiss 512. I found the 256 with the pliers for $30. What area was the 512?

[quote name='CPTMcNair']I went to one of my Target's. I couldn't find the Swiss 512. I found the 256 with the pliers for $30. What area was the 512?[/QUOTE]
I got the 256 mb swiss tech 9 in 1 for $7.48 today. Couldnt find the 512 mb one.

[quote name='addicted2games']I got the 256 mb swiss tech 9 in 1 for $7.48 today. Couldnt find the 512 mb one.[/quote]

The 512's are probably gone, but the 256's went down to $7.48? That aint bad either. Maybe I need to head back.

[quote name='addicted2games']I got the 256 mb swiss tech 9 in 1 for $7.48 today. Couldnt find the 512 mb one.[/quote]

I was just there today. If you scan the 256mb, do they register for $7.48 on those aisle scanners or do they only ring up at the register?

Hackensack (Hackensack Ave) and Jersey City (Newport) locations:

Garnier Fructis Shampoo, Conditioner, Styling Products (Bottles with free radio): $2.45

This deal stacks with the $1.00 off coupon that was in this past Sunday's newspaper coupon section. Ends up being a bottle of decent hair product, cheap radio, cheap earbuds, all for $1.45

I was in the Hackensack Target also about 2 nights ago. Gaming wise, all I could find was Far Cry and some random RTS games. Also, the GF bought a few of hte bachelorette party stuff they had at the dollar bins toward the front.

Plus, I saw some customer get arrested for trying to take money out of the register when the cashier wasnt looking. Man, I love Target.

[quote name='CPTMcNair']I was just there today. If you scan the 256mb, do they register for $7.48 on those aisle scanners or do they only ring up at the register?[/QUOTE]
Mine actually had the red tag that said original price $29.99, clearance price $7.48.

[quote name='jalu6']Plus, I saw some customer get arrested for trying to take money out of the register when the cashier wasnt looking. Man, I love Target.[/quote]

One word....wow.

I am looking for a new thumb drive too, left mine in computer lab and someone jacked it! Bastards!!!

[quote name='spamfree2']Found a Trace Memory 7.xx and Ultimate Spiderman. Picked up the Spidey.[/QUOTE]

For DS...?

Where are all the clearance things now? Last time I was at target (a few months ago), the clearance section by the games was no where to be found.

[quote name='Optical']Where are all the clearance things now? Last time I was at target (a few months ago), the clearance section by the games was no where to be found.[/quote]

In my Target the games change their Clearance location as per necessary when they're trying to push certain products or when they have a lot of Clearance to push off.

Generally, if it's not in a specifically marked Clearance section as per usual, check by...

A) The Discounted Video Games (ie: $9.99 or $19.99 section)
B) The Electronics Section (some are usually mixed in between speakers)
C) Some Other Random Clearance Section (my store usually has about two other unmarked sections)

A happens around here fairly often, with marked-down titles being mixed into the rest. B happens as well but it usually includes crap. C can be really hard to find but if you luck out you can find a worthwhile stack of games.

At Grossmont Plaza Target in San Diego, CA I picked up a Datel Max Power PSP Battery for $7.48 it was the last one. They also had Splat Renegade Paintball and Backyard Football for PC at $7.48 and Mission Impossible for PS2 at $7.48

In CT, found an XBox Platinum Hits - Need For Speed Underground - red tagged for $4.98 - bought it right away.

[quote name='Kapwanil']In my Target the games change their Clearance location as per necessary when they're trying to push certain products or when they have a lot of Clearance to push off.

Generally, if it's not in a specifically marked Clearance section as per usual, check by...

A) The Discounted Video Games (ie: $9.99 or $19.99 section)
B) The Electronics Section (some are usually mixed in between speakers)
C) Some Other Random Clearance Section (my store usually has about two other unmarked sections)

A happens around here fairly often, with marked-down titles being mixed into the rest. B happens as well but it usually includes crap. C can be really hard to find but if you luck out you can find a worthwhile stack of games.[/QUOTE]
Suggestions on C: Check back by the pharmacy/toiletries section (usually across from books) and by the office supplies and miscellaneous section (usually right next to books). In the Metro Detroit area, most of the Target stores have clearance sections there, most likely because books is where the PC games are and because it's so close to electronics anyway.

That said, I have found games on clearance in random parts of the store before. That's why I have Fire Emblem - I found it in the back corner of the store. :)

Columbus, Ohio Target on Broad Street

Cold War 1.84
Guild Wars Factions Preoder Disc .68
Beef jerky 1.84 =D
too much candy for 28 cents

[quote name='Shoagie']Columbus, Ohio Target on Broad Street

Cold War 1.84
Guild Wars Factions Preoder Disc .68
Beef jerky 1.84 =D
too much candy for 28 cents[/QUOTE]

whats the full name of the beef jerky?

[quote name='trunks982']whats the full name of the beef jerky?[/QUOTE]

it was the big bags of the slim jim brand...i dotn mind it not being great for a 1.84

That's true, anything with an expiration date needs to be checked if it's on clearance. Not food but a while ago I bought camera film on clearance at Target. It expired 3 months ago. I of course returned it.

[quote name='trunks982']clearance.... gotta check the beef's expiration date[/QUOTE]
This reminds me one time at Target I found some milk on clearance..........................
just kidding! :)

I found Megaman Anniversary Collection for $13.78 (i think) at my Target. They also had one of the DBZ Budokais, not sure which # it was.

Target here in Jacksonville NC had 128 mb XD picture cards for 7.98. Thats pretty cheap noting they retail for around 30.

-joseph

I was at Target yesterday, and found Ghost Recon for $4.98 and Total Overdose for $3.24, both for PS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back