Target Clearance Thread VI

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1400 replies to this topic

#61 daewezzy

daewezzy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2006 - 05:13 AM

oh wow, i didn't know mercury was on clearance also....
Posted ImagePosted Image

#62 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2006 - 06:26 AM

That Mercury clearance is from a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago, I mean, at least in the last year or so. You're lucky to have found one.

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#63 daewezzy

daewezzy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2006 - 06:55 AM

ooo so if i find a copy of Mercury, it would still ring up to $3.74?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#64 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2006 - 05:20 PM

It would ring up as $0.00 and out of the system. You would need to get someone with an LRT (hand held scanner) to look up the last selling price. But like Roufuss said, it's from a very old clearance so I really don't think it can be found very easily (if at all, I'd be shocked it more than 2 or 3 Targets in the entire country had any left)

#65 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2006 - 06:58 PM

A few posts ago you were all talking about expiration dates...does this apply to ink cartridges? I found some Epson 440 color ink cartridges that expired about a couple of months or years maybe, will the ink dry up or something? Thanks ahead.

I'm using a genuine HP cartridge expired a year ago on my HP printer with no problem. Not sure about Epson, but HP guarantees their cartridges for a minimum of 6 months after the 'install before' date (expiration date), and they still work way after expiration.

Worst scenario. If your expired cartridge doesn't work, Staples will give you a $3 coupon for 'recycling' it :)

#66 TimPV3

TimPV3

Posted 16 May 2006 - 10:39 PM

Last night I saw Project Snowblind for PS2 $6.98, and GH Twisted Metal Black with online disk for $10. Not that the GH TMB is a deal or anything, it just surprised me that they still had it, and I never knew they released the online disc outside of the adaptor.

#67 borg20001

borg20001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2006 - 02:14 PM

Today I found XBox Lord of the Rings - Return of the King for $4.98

#68 Ilovephysics

Ilovephysics

Pops,they're just like us

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2006 - 06:58 PM

I found a Meteos still on the shelf. It had gone salavage, and they last price they were able to pull up was $7.48, so it never went lower than that.

nice. I thought they'd be long gone by now.
"I'd mow down that hip crowd before I'd give up my toasted cheese sandwich"

#69 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2006 - 08:37 AM

Saw King Kong (PC) marked from $19.99 to $9.98

#70 grlantern42

grlantern42

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:03 AM

Those component cables have been removed from the system. The UPC thing didn't ring up and the little tag on the shelf didn't ring up. The lady goes "we must've caught the mistake."

#71 darkshadows6000

darkshadows6000

Long time skulker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2006 - 01:55 AM

PC Games on Clearance (Warren, MI - Van Dyke)
-Band of Brothers : Earned in Blood $7.48
-Dawn of War : Winter Assault $4.98
-King Kong : $4.98
-Myst V : $4.98

#72 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2006 - 04:26 AM

NFL Street XBox Platinum Hits, $4.98

#73 neudog

neudog

Airborne!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2006 - 03:36 AM

Saw LOTR:RotK/NFL Street(Xbox), Madden 05(DS) and DBZ Budakai 2(PS2) for $4.98
:bouncy:HAPPY GAMING:bouncy:
Tradelist Posted ImageThere is no need to fight, there are items for all:-P
Perrin Kaplan on Sex/Violence in Games -"Parents who use video games as a babysitter shouldn't have sex to begin with"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#74 kdunn77

kdunn77

Deceptibot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2006 - 12:41 PM

I picked up Farcry (PC) for $9.98 in Durham, NC.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Do you ever just get down on your knees and thank god you have access to my dementia?

#75 MamoruNoHakkyou

MamoruNoHakkyou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2006 - 11:34 PM

Question for those who know, what is Target's Raincheck policy? Are substitutions still allowed? I know some rainchecks used to say the rule about substitutions but the current ones I have only list 2 other nearby stores to check for the product. The guy I spoke to said he knew about that but was not sure if they still did that in the store. So... can anyone help me out with info? Thank you in advance.

#76 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2006 - 11:46 PM

It would ring up as $0.00 and out of the system. You would need to get someone with an LRT (hand held scanner) to look up the last selling price. But like Roufuss said, it's from a very old clearance so I really don't think it can be found very easily (if at all, I'd be shocked it more than 2 or 3 Targets in the entire country had any left)

I thought I heard that Mercury recently got re-released. I know that the local Best Buy just got a bunch in.

#77 espy

espy

Original Transported Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2006 - 05:34 AM

Arg, I wanted the Swiss 512MB drive, but they didn't have any. They only had 256MB ones and they ran up as the $30+.

Don't suppose anyone here can pick me up a spare 512?

#78 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2006 - 05:37 AM

Question for those who know, what is Target's Raincheck policy? Are substitutions still allowed? I know some rainchecks used to say the rule about substitutions but the current ones I have only list 2 other nearby stores to check for the product. The guy I spoke to said he knew about that but was not sure if they still did that in the store. So... can anyone help me out with info? Thank you in advance.

They killed this policy due to people abusing it.

When a sale item is out of stock, my Target just substitutes something similar and advertises that instead of doing a raincheck now. By similar, I mean something like this: When Target had all those South Park sets on sale, the ones they sold out of they were substituting another Comedy Central set at the same percentage right there. I remember getting Drawn Together for $12 instead of a raincheck.

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#79 daewezzy

daewezzy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2006 - 05:39 AM

I thought I heard that Mercury recently got re-released. I know that the local Best Buy just got a bunch in.

hmmm...if thats true, i better check out my targets in my area. Would it still ring up cheap?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#80 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2006 - 12:12 PM

Saw a couple of copies of Madden for the DS on the shelf for $7.48 over the weekend at the Lawrence, KS Target.

SI

#81 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2006 - 04:25 PM

hmmm...if thats true, i better check out my targets in my area. Would it still ring up cheap?

Probably not, Target has clearanced out games in the past and then re-stocked them from a re-release (like when a game goes Greatest Hits) at full price. I remember that happening with some PS2 games, where they were marked down to 75% off then a few months later they got in the GH versions which I think had the same UPC and were now full price.

#82 kkt

kkt

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2006 - 05:35 PM

This deal is definitely YMMV and may be old news to some but the Target in Minnetonka, MN has "The Suffering - Ties that Bind" red-tagged for $9.98. I checked other places including other Targets and the price is still $19.99 for this game.

#83 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2006 - 05:41 PM

This deal is definitely YMMV and may be old news to some but the Target in Minnetonka, MN has "The Suffering - Ties that Bind" red-tagged for $9.98. I checked other places including other Targets and the price is still $19.99 for this game.

Sometimes a clearance drop hits one place first and spreads out to the others.

It took the rest of my Target's about 2 months to start clearancing Dragonshard after one Target did it.

Posted Image

#84 MamoruNoHakkyou

MamoruNoHakkyou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2006 - 02:26 AM

Thanks for the info Roufuss. I figured they had stopped doing that. I understand their logic though. I was even going to attempt to abuse it too if it was still in existance. My raincheck for The O.C. Season 2 was for 59% off and that Sex and the City: The Complete Series or The Mel Brooks Collection were looking pretty sweet. I should have gotten South Park rainchecks too... Nice break there with Drawn Together for $12 though. It would be nice if my local Target offered that option of getting a similar item as a substitute.. Oh well, not a huge loss.

#85 kjauburn

kjauburn

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:05 AM

Target's clearance tagging is a wierd process. I know there have been several long winded write ups online and you still walk away not knowing the answers. I know locally electronics clearance take place on mondays however regular targets seem to clearance the items before super targets around here. On top of that certain stores seem to clearance weeks earlier possibly based on volume. When the PSP game clearance hit last year I found I sort of learned the pattern locally here in the atl surburbs. I would expect its worth learning the pattern in your area with the upcoming mass markdowns expected in the fall leading up to the Wii/ps3 markdowns...

#86 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:28 AM

I saw 6 copies of NHL 06 for Gamecube for $7.48 today at the Destin, FL Target today.

#87 bassec

bassec

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2006 - 10:30 PM

My local Target (Sarasota, FL) had Dawn of War and it's expansion for $4.98, Driver 3 for $4.98, D&D Thundershard (I think that's what it's called...that was $12.98). Tons more PC games.

I saw Ghost Recon GH for PS2 for $5 as well, but VERY few console games.

They also had the reported Auto Assault and Guild Wars Factions pre-sales for $0.24.

#88 io

io

Posted 01 June 2006 - 11:24 PM

Probably not, Target has clearanced out games in the past and then re-stocked them from a re-release (like when a game goes Greatest Hits) at full price. I remember that happening with some PS2 games, where they were marked down to 75% off then a few months later they got in the GH versions which I think had the same UPC and were now full price.

This happened with Pac-Man Fever for the GC. I got a copy 8 months ago or so for about $3. I saw them again last week and they scanned $19.99 (or maybe $14.99). But they are Player's Choice version. What I can't believe is that Pac-Man Fever sold enough copies to get a PC release :rofl:.

#89 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2006 - 12:14 AM

Probably because of the budget price (I think it came out at $29.99) and because Pac Man games are always popular (or so it seems)

24 Pack of Energizer AA batteries, $5.48 down from $10.98.

#90 Springheeled Jack

Springheeled Jack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2006 - 01:11 PM

Empire Earth 2's expansion dropped to $7.xx