Staff member
Feedback
122 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Mercury, Gretzky NHL, Tiger Woods (last year's), Fifa (I think), Lumines. They were clearanced out last October or November so it's doubtful you will find them[/QUOTE]

Do you know how much is Lumines?

[quote name='trunks982']Do you know how much is Lumines?[/quote]

I think it eventually reached $7.48, but it is almost impossible to find now - This clearance happened months ago. ;)

I picked up Far Cry: Instincts (For the plain old XBox.) at a Target in Durham, NC (by Southpoint Mall) for $9.98 at lunch today.

It's actually for my brother, I don't even have an XBox.

[quote name='trunks982']Do you know how much is Lumines?[/QUOTE]

I think it went to $9.98 (sold out at $19.98 at the Target stores in my area)

[quote name='kubiak']I picked up Far Cry: Instincts (For the plain old XBox.) at a Target in Durham, NC (by Southpoint Mall) for $9.98 at lunch today.

It's actually for my brother, I don't even have an XBox.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, saw a bunch of XBox games for $9.98. Far Cry, R6: Lockdown, Brothers in Arms @ a Target in the Chicago burbs.

[quote name='Saurus']Yeah, saw a bunch of XBox games for $9.98. Far Cry, R6: Lockdown, Brothers in Arms @ a Target in the Chicago burbs.[/QUOTE]

yeah, it looked like all Ubisoft games at the target i went to. 9.98 for Far Cry Instincts, R6 Lockdown and Prince Of Persia Warrior Within all for Xbox

Also they had
13.98- 187 Ride or Die for the Xbox
20.98- Midway Arcade Treasures PSP
20.98- Marvel Nemisis PSP

[quote name='ScorpioKyle']yeah, it looked like all Ubisoft games at the target i went to. 9.98 for Far Cry Instincts, R6 Lockdown and Prince Of Persia Warrior Within all for Xbox

Also they had
13.98- 187 Ride or Die for the Xbox
20.98- Midway Arcade Treasures PSP
20.98- Marvel Nemisis PSP[/QUOTE]

Locations are helpful.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Is the Player's Chioce Megaman Anniversary Collection for gamecube a target exclusive? I haven't seen this version anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

I've seen it at K-Mart.

Got a Target booklet in the mail (sort of a catalog I guess). It has a card stating $15 off a $300 purchase in electronics. It appears to have no limits and they feature the Xbox360 in the catalog. That's sort of the antithesis of "clearance", but I thought this thread was the best place to mention it.

It's not a huge savings, but if you were thinking of picking one up keep an eye out for this mailing.

I received a booklet in the mail earlier in the week as well. The card on the back was for $15 off $150 electronics purchase. In the book the ds lite was one of the items shown, but the price in the book was $149...

Target in Bay City, Michigan had Ride or Die for $13.98 and Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 for $9.98. Both for Xbox.

[quote name='Saurus']Yeah, saw a bunch of XBox games for $9.98. Far Cry, R6: Lockdown, Brothers in Arms @ a Target in the Chicago burbs.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'll have to check that out for Far Cry. Was it a north or south burb?

Target in Oaks, PA had Myst V for $9.99 for PC.

I don't believe it was a "real clearance," I think it was a "temporary price drop."

It was located on the bottom shelf in with the regular software near the magazines in the book section.

[quote name='kjauburn']I received a booklet in the mail earlier in the week as well. The card on the back was for $15 off $150 electronics purchase. In the book the ds lite was one of the items shown, but the price in the book was $149...[/QUOTE]

That's wierd. I couldn't find mine last night (wife had hidden it) but it is definitely $15 off $300 on mine. Not too useful, really :D.

I saw the Midway Arcade and Need For Speed for PSP at $14.98 today. I'd buy them at half that.

[quote name='io']That's wierd. I couldn't find mine last night (wife had hidden it) but it is definitely $15 off $300 on mine. Not too useful, really :D.

I saw the Midway Arcade and Need For Speed for PSP at $14.98 today. I'd buy them at half that.[/QUOTE]
I got a Target book in the mail and it had a $10 off any purchase of $100 or more. So I will get a DS lite with it, maybe.

wow, apparently my target really sucks cuz none of the games i want were even remotely close to marked down. oh well guess ill print some barcodes for next time.

is it just my area or is ultimate spiderman 20 bux other areas too? im in tx

[quote name='sabo']wow, apparently my target really sucks cuz none of the games i want were even remotely close to marked down. oh well guess ill print some barcodes for next time.

is it just my area or is ultimate spiderman 20 bux other areas too? im in tx[/QUOTE]

It is $20 MSRP now, as is Hulk UD.

[quote name='io']That's wierd. I couldn't find mine last night (wife had hidden it) but it is definitely $15 off $300 on mine. Not too useful, really :D.

I saw the Midway Arcade and Need For Speed for PSP at $14.98 today. I'd buy them at half that.[/QUOTE]

Which Need for Speed is that? Is it Need for Speed Underground Rivals or Need for Speed Most Wanted 5-1-0?

[quote name='asianxcore']does anyone still have copies of Trace Memory at their Target?[/quote]

Our Target is out of them (tho I have an extra one that I picked up for trade a while back).

SI

POP: Warrior Within is $9.98 @ the North Hills Target in Raleigh, NC. There were also some other games on clearance but POP is really the only one worth mentioning.

[quote name='onikage']POP: Warrior Within is $9.98 @ the North Hills Target in Raleigh, NC. There were also some other games on clearance but POP is really the only one worth mentioning.[/quote]

What system(s)?

SI

Just got back from my local Target, and picked up a copy of PoP:WW for the PS2 for $13.98. I thought about leaving it & seeing if it dropped to $9.98, but I figured since I've been looking for a deal on it for so long that I'd go ahead & snag it. It's only $4 anyway. ;)

That was the only PS2 game I saw (and they had copies left). They had quite a few Xbox games, but since I don't own an Xbox I didn't pay them too much attention - I remember Farcry, and some soccer games, but I can't recall the rest.

No psp games either, unfortunately. And it looks like all the good PC games are gone - luckily, I snagged Dawn of War for $4.98 and Empires: Dawn of the Modern World for $3.48 a few weeks back.

[quote name='argyle']Just got back from my local Target, and picked up a copy of PoP:WW for the PS2 for $13.98. I thought about leaving it & seeing if it dropped to $9.98, but I figured since I've been looking for a deal on it for so long that I'd go ahead & snag it. It's only $4 anyway. ;)

That was the only PS2 game I saw (and they had copies left). They had quite a few Xbox games, but since I don't own an Xbox I didn't pay them too much attention - I remember Farcry, and some soccer games, but I can't recall the rest.

No psp games either, unfortunately. And it looks like all the good PC games are gone - luckily, I snagged Dawn of War for $4.98 and Empires: Dawn of the Modern World for $3.48 a few weeks back.[/quote]

Argyle, CML for something you might want (any of the PC games maybe?), and I'd commission you to pick up a copy of Far Cry: Instincts for me:

http://tradegamesnow.com/user.cfm?un=kcin&view=list

Same goes for the rest of ya! PM me if anyone finds something on my list and can accomodate my needs.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Picked up Far Cry Instincts for 9.98 at the Farmington Hills, MI Target. Had about five copies left.[/quote]

Read the above post please!

The pickings have been slim awhile at the local target. When I walked in today and there were 35 game cases stack on the endcap I was thinking damn going to score something today. Then I noticed it was 3 copies of 187 ride or die PS2 and 32 Freaking copies of Madden for the PS2. I believe both were $13.98...

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Picked up Far Cry Instincts for 9.98 at the Farmington Hills, MI Target. Had about five copies left.[/QUOTE]

Shut up.

Madden 2005 (a crapload, 'bout 25 copies) for $15 dollars each. I dont really like that game, but worth a mention! Burbank shopping center in IL. Chicagoland area.

Picked up PSP Infected for 19.99 at Mission Viejo, CA Target. There was only one.

They had several 187 Ride or Die on clearance.

Nothing at Aliso Viejo Target.

GC Killer 7 is 14.97, regular price now.

[quote name='blandstalker']Picked up PSP Infected for 19.99 at Mission Viejo, CA Target. There was only one.

GC Killer 7 is 14.97, regular price now.[/QUOTE]wow, i think it was on sale for $9.96 @ CC 2-3 weeks ago.

[quote name='blandstalker']Picked up PSP Infected for 19.99 at Mission Viejo, CA Target. There was only one.

GC Killer 7 is 14.97, regular price now.[/QUOTE]wow, i think it was on sale for $9.96 @ CC 2-3 weeks ago.

[quote name='trunks982']Which Need for Speed is that? Is it Need for Speed Underground Rivals or Need for Speed Most Wanted 5-1-0?[/QUOTE]

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I'm not sure - probably whichever one is older. I didn't realize there were two!

[quote name='YoshiFan1']It is Need For Speed Underground Rivals that is on clearance.

Also saw NBA Street PSP for $20.98[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Rivals... passed by one this morning for 14.99.

I went to the target in lakewood, CA on Monday and picked up Me and My Katamari for $19.98. This is for PSP. I asked a lady that worked there for a price check and she said that the game just went down that day. Pick up the last one.

howdy...just to restate some of the obvious here...

Electronics (e.g. video games) are marked down on Monday...so generally, if i is not there monday, no point in going back repeatedly during the week to see if something changed (which is not to say that occasionally, the department manager might not be lazy and not get around unitl Tuesday).

Generally, markdowns are "system wide" so things clearanced at one target will be so at others...generally...you will see some variation in the amount of clearance taken from time to time

Don't trust the tag...check it with a scanner

It's been my experience on games that clearances come in waves....about every 4 weeks or so, a new list of games starts to get clearanced...then the slowly get snapped up/decrease in price and they you end up with a little dry-spell. The cycles seem to be more regular these days...used to be the gap was bigger, and subsequently, when a wave did hit, it was larger. Now it seems to be more, and smaller, waves.

And when I look at the thread marked "clearance", isn't the intent to talk to things that are truly...clearanced? And not things that are in the normal Sunday ad "on sale"...yes?

There is one wild card in this...every once in a while, store-by-store, Target will do a "temporary price drop"....I guess if a certain store feels that they have too much of an item, they might whack the price for a few days. This is extrememly YMMV, and pretty perishable.

just to contribute to the thread here....have seen the following this week
PSP
Infected $20
Midway $15
NBA Street $20

PS
Madden 2005...down to $7.50 at some stores....

My best "score" on a target clearance...getting a GBA SP Retro NES version for $17 (new and sealed)....this was a real oddity as that one seemed to have been out of the store for months, and then all the sudden a stray unit showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back