Staff member
Feedback
122 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Genji (the original giant enemy crab game) and Rise of the Kasai were $9.99 when I was there a few days ago.

Also they had PS2 Jampacks (demo discs) for a buck or two.

[quote name='terutt']...every once in a while, store-by-store, Target will do a "temporary price drop"....I guess if a certain store feels that they have too much of an item, they might whack the price for a few days...[/quote]

A temporary price drop is no different from a regular Sunday sale price drop. It just lasts for a longer period of time (2-4 weeks). They are not store-by-store, they are regional, same as the Sunday ads.

Everything else in your post is right on.

Went to a local target tonight and saw a couple of copies of Far Cry Instincts for XBOX priced at $9.98. Since they support System Link play (which I've been getting into recently) and I had some Father's Day money left to spend, I went ahead and picked em up. :}

They also had 187 Drive or Die for $9.98 (which can be found for cheaper on ebay)...I did not pick it up...lol. About a week or so ago I saw several copies of Rainbow Six Lockdown for XBOX at $9.98 as well.

Just thought I would add these to the list/thread in case they had not been mentioned yet.

I saw Still Life for the PC at $4.98 the other day, but I believe it's Starforce protected. It's a shame because it was one of the better reviewed modern adventure games.

[quote name='Brainwave0']A temporary price drop is no different from a regular Sunday sale price drop. It just lasts for a longer period of time (2-4 weeks). They are not store-by-store, they are regional, same as the Sunday ads.

Everything else in your post is right on.[/QUOTE]

...ok...so, other than the fact that (a) they are not advertised and (b) they don't start on Sundays and (c) they don't last a week (I have seen price drops that only last a few days...it is variable) and (d) they don't happen at all stores (I have one store have a price drop and drive 2 miles away to another target and no dice)...then yes, they are JUST LIKE a Sunday sale.....

[quote name='nevposey']how much was beatmania normally? is it worth it?[/quote]

Beatmania usually goes for a retail price of $59.99 with the controller.

Right now in the Milpitas/San Jose CA area they have a temporary price cut for beatmania with controller for only $39.99

And I would think it's worth it. Usually you would get the game alone for $39

[quote name='addicted2games']Got the last Beatmania in my store for $39.99. Now to play and suck at it. :)[/QUOTE]

I read that that game was REALLY hard... but it looks so cool. D:

[quote name='terutt']howdy...just to restate some of the obvious here...

Electronics (e.g. video games) are marked down on Monday...so generally, if i is not there monday, no point in going back repeatedly during the week to see if something changed (which is not to say that occasionally, the department manager might not be lazy and not get around unitl Tuesday).

Generally, markdowns are "system wide" so things clearanced at one target will be so at others...generally...you will see some variation in the amount of clearance taken from time to time

Don't trust the tag...check it with a scanner

It's been my experience on games that clearances come in waves....about every 4 weeks or so, a new list of games starts to get clearanced...then the slowly get snapped up/decrease in price and they you end up with a little dry-spell. The cycles seem to be more regular these days...used to be the gap was bigger, and subsequently, when a wave did hit, it was larger. Now it seems to be more, and smaller, waves.

And when I look at the thread marked "clearance", isn't the intent to talk to things that are truly...clearanced? And not things that are in the normal Sunday ad "on sale"...yes?

There is one wild card in this...every once in a while, store-by-store, Target will do a "temporary price drop"....I guess if a certain store feels that they have too much of an item, they might whack the price for a few days. This is extrememly YMMV, and pretty perishable.

just to contribute to the thread here....have seen the following this week
PSP
Infected $20
Midway $15
NBA Street $20

PS
Madden 2005...down to $7.50 at some stores....

My best "score" on a target clearance...getting a GBA SP Retro NES version for $17 (new and sealed)....this was a real oddity as that one seemed to have been out of the store for months, and then all the sudden a stray unit showed up.[/QUOTE]

***Look for Taiko Drum Master to drop to 9.99 on 7/3. Ttrust me on this one. Some stores may not have this anymore, mine has three***

[quote name='addicted2games']Got the last Beatmania in my store for $39.99. Now to play and suck at it. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sadly the 4 BMs at my Target have not sold since the pricecut went into effect... This has sort of influenced my decision to not buy it.

I saw Drill Dozer (GBA) marked down to ~$15 when I was at my local Target on Sat. I don't follow this thread regularly so I'm not sure if it is universal. It had an actual red clearance tag on it. It was just $8.96 at the CC clearance but if you can't find it, $15 is still 1/2 price and a great bargain for a great game.

I talked with the manager in the electronics department at my nearest Target and she said they rarely if ever clearance any video games. I ask a different employee every time I go and they all say the same thing. I also price check a bunch of the clearance stuff and nothing rings up on sale. I've been to 3 or 4 of the other Target stores in town and haven't found any clearance games there either. Plenty of clearance toys, board games, etc. Not sure if it's a regional thing or what. This is the only deal on CAG I can't seem to get...K-Mart, Sears, Best Buy, Blockbuster, EB. etc. sales always work for me.

Today I got Infected (PSP) for $9.98, 187 Ride or Die (Xbox) for $4.98, and the best deal, a Lexmark X2350 Copier/Scanner/Printer for $14.98! Cant beat that for an all-in-one printer. :)

[quote name='addicted2games']Today I got Infected (PSP) for $9.98, 187 Ride or Die (Xbox) for $4.98, and the best deal, a Lexmark X2350 Copier/Scanner/Printer for $14.98! Cant beat that for an all-in-one printer. :)[/QUOTE]Lexmark is always the last printer brand I wil go to. Printer quality is just so-so. ink cartridge is freakingly expensive. but for a scanner, it is still worth $10.
yeah, got Infected (PSP) for $9.98, rainbow six lockdown ps2 $4.98, Marvel Nemesis: Rise Of the Imperfects psp$7.48, passed on 187 Ride or Die (Xbox) for $4.98.

Target clearanced games marked down today (Merced, CA):

$13.98:
Gran Turismo 3 - PS2
Viewtiful Joe - GCN
Sonic Heroes - GCN
Namco Museum - PS2

$34.98:
Geist - GCN

$20.98
Drill Dozer - GBA (Skip getting it at Target...get it at Best Buy for $9.99 or Circuit City for $8.96)
GTA Double Pack - XBox

[quote name='mj1108']
$20.98
Drill Dozer - GBA
[/QUOTE]

This is $9.99 at Best Buy, and if you can still find it, it's $8.96 on clearance at Circuit City.

[quote name='aoLat']This is $9.99 at Best Buy, and if you can still find it, it's $8.96 on clearance at Circuit City.[/QUOTE]

I know. I went to Best Buy right before Target and got it for $9.99. The Target prices I listed I just wrote down...didn't pick up anything.

[quote name='mj1108']I know. I went to Best Buy right before Target and got it for $9.99. The Target prices I listed I just wrote down...didn't pick up anything.[/QUOTE]

I was just saying this as info to people that might read this thread regularly, and think it's amazing to get it for $21 when they can get it for $10.

[quote name='aoLat']I was just saying this as info to people that might read this thread regularly, and think it's amazing to get it for $21 when they can get it for $10.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. I edited the original post, just to make sure. :)

[quote name='aoLat']I was just saying this as info to people that might read this thread regularly, and think it's amazing to get it for $21 when they can get it for $10.[/quote]

It's worth keeping an eye on though, as we know Target will keep dropping this price if the item doesn't sell. I think the Target nearest me (Wilmington, DE) has already dropped this to $14.98, next drop will likely be $7.48. Might take a while but it's good for anyone who misses out at CC or Best Buy.

The Target in Miamisburg, OH, next to the Dayton Mall had a nice selection of clearance.

Xbox - 187:Ride or Die - $4.98
Xbox - Crimson Skies - $13.98
Xbox - Rainbow Six: Lockdown - $9.98
PS2 - Madden 2005 - $4.98

I can't remember any other titles off the top of my head, but there were about a dozen available in the media section clearance rack.

[quote name='benjamouth']It's worth keeping an eye on though, as we know Target will keep dropping this price if the item doesn't sell. I think the Target nearest me (Wilmington, DE) has already dropped this to $14.98, next drop will likely be $7.48. Might take a while but it's good for anyone who misses out at CC or Best Buy.[/quote]

The Target near me started the clearance at $14.98. There were at least 8 of them, too, making it likely there will be some around to drop further.

I picked mine up at Best Buy this morning and don't regret it, though I know there are some here who want the absolute lowest price.

[quote name='expane']Target
Daly City
Colma
CA

also everything never on sale[/QUOTE]

both stores? the one up in the upper hill and the other down the hill? :lol:

[quote name='chior']Need for speed Rivals PSP game for $7.48. Target has about 10 copies.[/QUOTE]

I saw that and picked up a copy. They also had a coded arms for 9.98. I know that games sucks but I couldn't pass it up. They also had the original FIFA for PSP for 19.98. I'll wait until that drops to 9.98 before I make the purchase. I don't have a CC around here so Target is the best I can do.

I'm probably the only one that waits for the games to be $4.98. $7.98, or $9.98 before I will buy them. If they sell before then, I dont care. But I am so spoiled by CC and Target that paying more bothers me a little. Now the bigger name games I will pay more, but I'm talking about any games that go on clearance. I will wait for further price drops.
Hi, my name is Jayson and I am a cheapass. :)

This was actually in the clearence rack....Geist for $34.98. :roll:

My Target also had Area 51 (Xbox) for $14.99. Must just be a price drop though cause I believe clearence items always end in something other than "9", don't they?

I wish my Targets would have a PSP game or two on clearence. They never seem to have them. Hell, they still have Frantix for $19.99.

[quote name='darkwingduck13']Friend told me he saw Drill Dozer clearanced at $14.98. Good price if you don't have any copies at your local BB or CC.[/quote]

They had about 10 at that price at my Target.

My target in Auburn, AL had Chronicles of Riddick and Star Wars: KOTOR for $13.98. They also have the GTA double pack for $20.98. Those deals are not too good.

Grabbed Prine of Persia Warrior Within for Xbox and PS2 for $5 a piece today at Target. Was surprised since they were just sitting in the scrapbooking aisle while my girlfriend was looking for scrapbooking items.

[quote name='Roufuss']If anyone finds a cheap Prince of Persia: Warrior Within PS2 they want to sell, LMK![/quote]
Saw a copy at Kmart marked $9.99. May not be a cheap but save you time and shipping.

[quote name='eau']Saw a copy at Kmart marked $9.99. May not be a cheap but save you time and shipping.[/QUOTE]

My local K-Mart's are a mess though =/

Anything cheaper than the $17.99 EB / GS want for it used is a deal right now, in my eyes.

[quote name='Roufuss']If anyone finds a cheap Prince of Persia: Warrior Within PS2 they want to sell, LMK![/quote]

I'm headed there now. If I see it, I'll pick it up for you.

[quote name='gizmogc']$!4.xx here. Are they any good?[/QUOTE]

Got a lexmark x2350 printer/scaner/copier for 25 in the St. Mathews, Louisville store.

It's okay, but it seems it's a ink hog. Anyone have this printer and know if the ink cart that came with it is a starter or regualr?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back